Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Country Living (for Red Demon)

VincentSenri

Planetoid
Country Living(for Red Demon)
[Image: 1199186522_otAnimeGuy.jpg]

River Vale is a little country community that has all the comforts of easy living. Most work on their own farms and ranches. Everyone knows everyone and all are pleasant and kind. The only thing that would disrupt this nice little community is a city person trying to 'modernize' the town and people. Unfortunately for my Uncle and Aunt, they just got drawn to be hosts to a city kid for a whole year. Well, he's not a kid-kid. He's in my age group. Sigh, I guess my nice, easy, simple life will be a lot more interesting starting tomorrow. Guess that's all for now.

I put my pin down and closed my book. Looking out my window, I smiled as I saw my uncle running the horses in the round pen. We had four of them. Mine was a chocolate mare with a white spot on her forehead that looks like rabbit. So her name is Rabbit. The other brown mare is called Jumper because she tends to jump at every little thing. She's still really young and can't be ridden yet. There is a black and white paint named Cookies and Cream, but we call him CC for short. He was a show horse until he hurt his left hind leg in show two years ago. Now he's in rehab and Uncle and I are working with him. The last horse is older female that my Aunt Jessie has had since she was a baby. Shaggy, grey and still full of energy. Though slower now-a-days.

Sighing, I got up and headed out to help my uncle. I wasn't sure what to expect for tomorrow. I haven't been near anything related to the city since I came to live my Uncle and Aunt 8 years ago. My parents were in a car accident going to work. We lived in the city. I hated it. Now I will have a reminder of the very place I had come to the country to escape. Oh well. I will deal with it.

"Hi Uncle. How is CC doing?"

He looked up at me from looking at the healing sore on CC's leg.

"He's healing nicely. I won't say he will be able ride again any time soon. But the saddle doesn't seem to bother him. Can you work with Jumper today? I have to get the guest room ready and Jessie is busy shopping."

I smiled and chuckled.

"Sure. I hope this young man isn't one of gothed up, extreme depressed teens that think of dark things all the time."

My uncle laughed and patted CC on the rump, making him trot off to the other side of the round pen.

"I've met him. Trust me. He isn't. He is a bit shy and withdrawn, but no goth."

I smiled. That was a load off my mind. I went over to Jumpers holding pen and got her out as Uncle Jason put CC back in his. At least I will have the horses to keep mind off things.

(As you can see, I write in the first person. I always have. I'm looking for a male who comes from the city and has a hard time at first. Comes off as rude and brooding but is really just shy and antisocial.)

As I stepped out of the Greyhound bus I wondered for the hundredth time just why I had been destined to end up in this shit hole. This was no place to spend the next year. But I really had no choice. It was either this or the prison. Since I had been a minor when I had done the so called crime they had given me a choice to either go to prison or spend a year on a farm learning decent and honest work. I would spend my precious time in the middle of nowhere when I should be learning new things so I could apply for the computer science on the university like I'd always dreamed about.

I looked at my watch. Of cause I didn't own a cell phone anymore, so I had to get a watch, like I as living in the 20th century. The judge had ruled that I did not touch any electronic communication devices for the duration of my stay here.... so I was like nobody all of a sudden. All my friends that I had ever cared about I knew online. So my life had been put on hold for a year for not really doing anything out of the ordinary - I mean, a low security database at NASA wasn't really that hard to hack after all and helped the NASA guys to realize the faults in their security.

I looked down the deserted street. Would they come and get me here or leave me to find the way on my own. I sat on the suitcase with my belongings waiting while thinking about my situation. It was hot wearing baggy jeans and a hooded shirt. But I didn't like people seeing my thin and slender frame and commenting on that - better to hide in my clothes.

Jessie smiled as she loaded up her truck. She was picking up their guest today and needed to do some shopping. Two birds with one stone they say. She headed for the bus stop and parked when she found the boy. My goodness, she thought, he must be melting in the get-up. She would never understand city kids. She walked up to him and held out her hand.

"Hello. I'm Jessie Walker. Is this all you have?"

She motioned to the only bag the boy seemed to have. She would have to look into getting him some country clothes. If what he was wearing was any indication, he didn't have anything fit for the country heat.

I was sweating and tired but felt good. Working with the horses was always my favorite thing to do. I put Jumper up and headed for the house. I needed to get cleaned up and change. Greeting my new house mate in dirty clothes was not going to go well. I saw my uncle taking the trash out and flagged him down.

"Uncle, how much longer until Aunt Jessie is back?"

"You have time to shower I think."

"Thanks."

I headed for my room to get ready to greet our guest. Hopefully I can stay calm and cool around him.

I saw the woman that came to pick me up. Took her hand, "Hi there Mrs. Walker. I'm Simon. Thank you for allowing me to stay with you for this year." At least I could be polite when I wanted. And being on the good side of this woman might not be the worst thing in the world. "Yes this is all I've got. I was told to bring only the essentials. So here I am."

I got into her car and sat in silence as she drove. I hated the heat but I hated even more wearing clothes that showed how skinny I was.

Jessie drove a ways before speaking.

"You can call me Jessie. My husband is Josh. You met him once last week I think. And we have our nephew, Dorian. He's a couple years older then you. But you'll along with him."

She gave a smile and then turned down the dirt road that led to the ranch.

I got washed up and dressed in my good jeans and a dark blue western shirt with a lighter blue highlights on the collar, pocket and button strip. I brushed my hair out and left it loose instead of putting it in a tail. I smiled and headed down stairs to the living room. Uncle was sitting on the couch reading the Ranchers Magazine.

"They should be here soon, right?"

He looked up at me and grinned.

"Yep. Any time now actually."

"Ne.... nephew? But...." I had met Josh a week ago and he said that they didn't have any children. It was very fine with me because I didn't like to meet people at my own age - and living with them.... that's just a nightmare I don't want to explore. But I didn't say any more. I just sat in the car as she drove and looked out of the window. How could people live in a place like this? Why not live in a city, there one could at least go anonymously by one's own business - this place just sucked.

As the car stopped I reluctantly opened the door and got out with my bag. I looked around to see what kind of place I have to spend the next year.

I listened for the truck and smiled when it pulled in front of the house. A Two story, country style, dark red with cream trim, wrap around deck on both levels house, large trees, green green grass, and Aunt Jessie's flowed bed made up what this city kid would see when he got out. I bet he had never seen such a place before, except in movies.

When he got out. I wanted to flinch. I had a long way to go with kid. Although he seemed a bit younger then me, I still referred to him as kid in my mind. I wouldn't say it, but...

"Hello. Welcome to Silver Wing Ranch. I'm Dorian. I'll show you to your room and then give you a tour. Aunt Jessie makes the best food, so she'll have dinner ready by the time the tour is done."

I led him into the house and let him look around before leading him up the stairs.

"This is my room. Your room is this one."

I opened the door that was two doors down from me.

"Do you need help unpacking?"

I looked at the nephew. He was actually a good looking guy. He seemed strong from working at the farm, much taller and stronger than me.... but who cared? Everybody knew that rednecks like these guys would most likely beat anyone to pulp if they suggested anything that was outside accepted sexuality. So I just had to keep myself hidden for the next year. "I'm Simon." I say with a disinterested tone. I followed the guy Dorian around the farm and he showed me around. It was a pretty large place and I surely couldn't remember half of what he showed me.

At long last he showed me my room. I got in and looked at the sparsely furnitured room. When he asked if I needed help I just shut the door. I just wanted to be alone in this hell hole that I had been send to.

I flinched when he shut the door. Sighing, I went to the kitchen where Aunt Jessie was preparing to cook dinner. I sat on one of the bar stools. The bar counter separated the kitchen from the family room.

"He slammed the door on me."

She chuckled and waved her knife at me.

"I recall an angry young man slamming all doors for three months before he got use to this place."

I sighed and smiled at her. She was right. I was a holy terror when I first got here.

"You're right. I forgot how small the city can seem compared to all this. The house, the land, the space, the clean air. I will try with him again tomorrow with a tour of the property. Maybe seeing the big garden and where the river runs on our part of the land will cheer him up."

She just smiled at me and got back to cooking. I watched as she chopped, shredded and diced everything so perfectly. I loved watching her in the kitchen.

I sat on the bed in the room that was to be my home for the next year. I looked out the window and decided to pull the curtains down to avoid seeing outside. I took my bag and unpacked some of the books that I'd brought along. There were several but I knew that I could chew through them very quickly. Soon I'd be out of interesting things to do. But that was something to worry about later. I picked up the first volume of War and Peace and started.

It was good to loose myself in the book. There I could avoid meeting and talking to people.

"It's done. Please go get our guest, Dorian."

I sighed and went up stairs. I stood in front his door a minute before knocking.

"Dinner is ready."

I waited to see if he would come out. I didn't hear any noise and was tempted to look in on him. But privosy is one thing in this house that was never broken. So I knocked again.

"Simon, dinner is ready. Please come down and eat something."

I sighed and went down to sit at my place at the table.

"I knocked but I didn't hear anything."

Uncle chuckled as he sat at his place.

"He hasn't eaten all as far as I know. He'll be down. Even if we have to save some for him to reheat later. Don't think to much on it. It took you four days before you ate at the table."

I heard the knocking on the door and ignored it. They could eat their redneck dinner alone. I was not leaving. Besides I just got started on this book. There was so many Russian names that it was hard to keep track. That guy, the one that I think was called Dorian - the one that looked quite hot - knocked again. Breaking my concentration on the book. I shortly considered throwing something at the door but didn't want him to know I'd heard him - maybe they would think I slept after the journey. I discarded the hooded shirt and sat just in the thin white t-shirt. I was alone so I didn't bother to hide my lithe and slightly feminine body.

Several hours later it had gone dark outside. I was well into the book and was slowly seeing why it was such a classic. Honestly I'd had little time to read much before, always being on my computer. This was in some way a good thing. I could feel my stomach growling and realized that I hadn't had anything to eat since I ate that apple and the banana for breakfast almost 16 hours ago. No wonder I was hungry.

I put my book down and quietly left the room. Silently i walked to the kitchen to see if there was any leftovers in the fridge.

I had eaten and done the dishes. It was well past 8pm and my Aunt and Uncle had gone to their room. I wasn't much for sleeping this early. 10:30 is usually my bed time. I was reading on the couch when I heard foot steps. I knew it had to be Simon. I staid quiet because I didn't want to startle him. Then I realized that Aunt Jessie hadn't portioned out a plate for Simon. So I got up and made sure to make small noises when I walked so as not to spook our quest.

"I can help you get something to eat. Aunt Jessie forgot to dish some out for you."

I gave him the once over as I went to the fridge. I wasn't going to say anything about his figure. Though small, he was rather nice looking. Pale and almost feminine, but I found that to be a bit charming. It was no secret that I was different. That girls were not my thing. But I wasn't about to tell him that.

((You do know that you can edit your own posts?))

I hadn't paid attention so when he spoke I almost jumped out of my skin. I turned around and looked at him. I wished I'd worn my large shirt. The way he looked at me... I was certain that now I'd be the target for his ridiculing and teasing. Great! I hadn't been here for 24 hours and the single person about my age already knew how lithe and thin I was and how my hips bulged out in a feminine way.

But still I was hungry and if he helped me I'd be back in my room faster. "Thanks! I'd like that." I said to him. Still I looked at him. He looked pretty good. If only..... no he was a redneck. Being straight was like a religion to those people. Not that I honestly had met any people from the country site before, but I had read things online....

I kept standing next to the fridge as he came over. I looked into the fridge, "I don't know what I can take." I said.

"Aunt Jessie made baked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper, mashed potato's and steamed carrot's and green beans. For desert she made triple chocolate cookies."

I gave him a sideways smile and raised an eyebrow.

"Is any of that off your menu? I know when I first got here I wasn't use to such foods. It took me a month before my stomach decided it liked the food."

It was not easy to go from little portions of junk food to good healthy home cookin'. So I understood his delicate pallet more than he thought I did.

I shrugged. "I eat almost anything. So I'm cool." Even if it wasn't what I was used to I had never shied away from trying new food. But I wasn't the same size as other boys my age. I had a much more slim figure, so I still had to watch what I ate. I sat down at the kitchen table and looked at what Dorian took out of the kitchen. "It does look good." I had to admit, "But you don't have to nurse me like I'm crippled or something."

I chuckled as I got his food heated up.
"I know your capable of doing this yourself. But you are our guest and you haven't gotten the lay of the kitchen down yet. In a couple days, when you have settled in more comfortably and are better schooled on this place, I will more then be happy to let you have at it yourself."
The microwave beeped. I took his plate to him and snagged the plate of cookies as well. Setting his plate down in front of him, I took a seat across from him and placed the cookies in between us. I took one and took a bite, smiling at the taste and at him, raising an eyebrow as a question.

Back
Top Bottom