Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

He's leaving?!

" 'Ey yo, Knight!" the voice of a stereotypical hip-hop influenced black guy's voice was the first things he heard from his iPhone, which he had up at his ear. He had observed that the mailman had been a few houses back from his house. He lived in a somewhat exclusive neighborhood. Due to his mother's job, they had a pretty good living, though their family ties were challenged by her leaving for short periods of times at once. "Hey, man, what's up?" He responded in his usual cool low toned voice, it was Matt, a fellow teammate from the school's varsity athletics team, the team had a knack for calling each other by their last names. The sun was up, shinning down over the middle-high class suburb. Everyone's front yard was a bright emerald green, some were being treated at the moment by a gardener, others were sitting there ready to be admired by their arrangements. Alexander's left hand pushed the wheel to the right as he began to move his mother's car into the drive way while illegally speaking on the phone, he was home already, it wasn't like a cop was going to catch him anyways. "Yo man, coach said to watch out for the mail, the University of Michigan responses are due in today!" Alex pressed his right foot on the brake, and let the car come to a halt, in front of the large garage. He stood frozen for a second, as a smile rose from his lips. "Yeah man, so what are you going to do today?" Alexander still thought about the mail for a second, completely forgetting he had seen the mailman not so long ago.

Alex's hesitation to respond made Matt insist, "Knight, you there?" Alex turned off the car, and opened the car door, "Yeah... thanks for telling me." He responded as he withdrew the keys from the hole, taking his left arm to the side to open the door to his mother's brand new Rubicon Jeep. His mother had agreed to let it borrow it for this afternoon, since she wasn't planning on going anywhere, he just loved the smoothness of the ride. "So, what are you up to tonight?" Alex stepped out of the car, and closed it, making the alarm lock. "Uhm... I don't know, I think I might have a family dinner, I'll call you later." Alex said, trying to sound as politely as he could, making up any excuse. For him, it was still way too early to make any plans, he had to see his different options for tonight, that was the deal when being a somewhat popular guy in school. "OH! A-ight! Good, yeah, family's tight! Okay man, keep an eye open for them letters, call me bro." Alex smiled, as he walked towards his house's doors. "Okay, see you around Matt." He said and hung up the phone. He had a pretty nice relationship with Matt, but sometimes Alex found he was unnecessarily clingy.

The house had two white double doors. The entrance greeted anyone who entered with four tall white columns, and many different types of plants and flowers. Alex got his keys from his pocket to open the door. Behind him was the background noise of a lawnmower, and some sprinklers. A car had just passed by, but nothing more out of the ordinary. He turned the knob to his home, realizing his mother should be home, so there were no need for keys. Alexander stepped through the house, leaving the suburbs behind him, and his home in front. Here, he heard the a random TV set on, and some chatting, expecting to be his mom. He lifted his left wrist to his abs to check out his clock, he read that it was about 5:30 pm, he was home a bit later than he expected, so was the mailman. He turned up and began to walk, leaving his mother's keys hanging over a red wood counter. "I'm home." He said loudly, sounding his arrival. Alexander then walked over to the noise of the TV, to tell his mother the news, in case the mail had arrived already.

He stepped through the entrance, into the dinning hall, and into the living room, where a gigantic flat screen TV played a random TV show, and his mother, Sarah, was chatting on the phone. Alexander himself smiled, as he stepped into the living room once and for all, and stopped at the coffee table, searching for any mail. He turned to look at his mother with a nice smile, waiting patiently for her to finish her conversation. Alex was wearing a white button down shirt with his sleeve rolled up passed his elbows neatly. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of blue converse. his facial hair was at the exact same level as always, as he always cared for it, and his hair combed to the side by his hands, so it was a sort of semi-comb. "Hey..." He just said to her, not even looking at her, as he plopped down next to her on her tan leather couch. It was the comfiest couch he had seen. His hand extended over her lap, grabbing the large control from her, he would be in charge of the TV until she would end her conversation. For now, he immediately changed it to ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom