Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Monster Huntresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kelbi brayed in fear and alarm as it was struck heavily from the side, tumbling to the side as the second Huntress' blades tore into it repeatedly. Liza would find herself tangled in the beast's legs as it fell and skidding across the stone, kicking up a massive cloud of dust.

As the dust cleared, the remainder of the herd was nowhere to be seen, but four of them lay dead upon the cliffside. While these were only a few of the Beasts' number they were all males of the herd, defenders and guardians. With these four gone, the herd would be much harder pressed to defend itself against predators, and should shrink appropriately with time.

Adeliza cough and panted heavily after the dust was stirred up, but she knew it was dead as Kelbi aren't that resilient and wouldn't have endure those series of strikes. Especially when she made sure to focus around the neck area, though from the look of the monster at her feet, she pretty tore up it side. "Whew that was pretty close, shame I ruin it fur with all those cuts." Adeliza exclaimed as she squat down to get a better look at it, then wipe off the blood from her two swords with it fur, then stood as she fluently sheath her two swords before turning around to face the other Huntress. "Hello, name Adeliza Zantorian. What yours?" The small young woman ask as she lean forward by her waist, hand behind her back, and a big smile on her face.

Cat watched as the second huntress came onto the scene and tore apart the last Kelbi. Smiling she came to a stop, her work here done. She slowly slung her Bowgun over her shoulder and watched the girl get back to her feet. "Caitlyn Borne, but you can call me Cat." The huntress replied to Adeliza, reaching out a hand to shake hers. "Pleasure to meet you and thank you for the assist there." She adds with a smile, glad the Kelbi didn't run her down.

"Pfft don't mention it, but do mention it to others though." Adeliza exclaim as she wave it off lightly, then stretch herself out as she yawn a little. "By the way, you're not heading to the Guild's base camp are you?" The small Huntress ask as lean forward and stare at her with those bright amber eyes, while she waits patiently for Caitlyn's answer. Her lips puckered a bit in a cute matter, then stood up shortly after to pull back her light pinkish hair in a messy ponytail.

Caitlyn chuckled at Adeliza's first comment, smiling and pulling the hair away from her eyes. "I wasn't planning on it right away. My idea was to go to zone 4 and take a shot at hunting there." She starts, stretching her arms out idly while she talks before focusing back on the other hunter. "After all thought Jaggi would make for better prey. But I could be convinced to go to the camp first." She adds, looking Adeliza up and down for a moment with her blue eyes.

As though brought by mention of them, Cat and Liza could hear the cries of Jaggi echoing from further into the island, screeching hunting calls heard from a distance. Perhaps they've found the crippled herd, perhaps they've found something else...

Anya wandered from the gates into the first zone, taking a casual pace as she went through. She'd gotten separated from the other huntress when they'd headed for the shops, so the red head figured she would head out and they could all meet up later. Whistling quietly as she walked, Anya admired the view of the sea as she headed out. Spotting two women up ahead, she smiled and quickened her pace. One of them she recognized from the guild earlier, the other not so much. "Hey, guys," she called out, moving quickly to catch up to the other huntresses.

"Got a head start, huh? Nice catch," she said, seeing the carcass of the kelbi a little ways away from them. Looking at them with a smile, she extended her hand to the others. "Don't think I caught your name at the guild, so we can just re-introduce! I'm Anya," she said with a bright smile.

"Woooow...you hear that, definitely a Jaggi." Adeliza exclaimed as she look toward where it came from, shielding her eyes with her hand as she try to see them. While she was doing that, another Huntress showed up. When the redhead spoke up, Liza turn to face her as she accept the offered hand. "Adeliza Zantorian, I um...missed the ship heading here. So I arrived late, but the Guildswoman told me about you guy's heading to Zone 5. Figured I catch up, end up saving Cat from a Kelbi...she took the other three down though."

"Though she seem to be checking me out, I'm older than I look, twenty-six to be exact." The small Huntress stated with a raise finger, smiling as she stood proud of her accomplishment of being an Huntress.

"I think I hear our next quarry." Cat says with a smile as she hears the Jaggi with a small smile. She turns Anya as she arrives, giving a small wave as she approaches. "Hello again, sorry I rushed off without the rest of you, got eager. Names Caitlyn though you can call me Cat." She greets Anya, realising she kind of rushed off leaving everyone she just met behind.

Upon Adeliza's comment Cat blushes. "Didn't mean to...Uhh yeah..." The huntress stammers, giving a nervous cough as she tried to regain her composure. "Twenty-Four myself, first proper hunt." She adds with a small smile.

"Really...well congrats then, trained with my Papa and only rarely get a chance to actually bag one. Always protective of me, kind of an let down." Liza exclaim after giving congratulating Caitlyn as she had manage to bag herself three Kelbi, which got her thinking as the pink hair girl look to the dead Kelbies. "What should we do with them?" Adeliza ask the two Huntresses as she kept looking at dead monsters, wondering of what course they should take as she look up to sun. Trying to see how late it was since they've left the city, while sheilding her eyes so not to get blinded by the sunlight.

"Understandable why he'd be protective, these things can do a number on you if you aren't prepared. Might of been bad for me if you didn't take out that last Kelbie." Cat replied to Liza, looking back down to the bodies of the ones they killed. She began to think on what exactly to do with them, soon pulling out a hunting knife. "Well the horn might be of use, hide too maybe. As for the rest of the body maybe we can use them as bait? Well maybe not all the meat, we can cut up some for ourselves and to sell, but bit much for little ol us to carry." Cat suggests, figuring a Jaggi would like a few Kelbie carcasses.

Anya chuckled. "Not a big deal, just glad you guys could take these Kelbi down. I can't wait to get into my own hunt," she said, hands resting on the blades at her sides, fingers tapping eagerly. It was her first as well, she was also fresh out of the training and raring to go. As they decided to take care of their kills, Anya pulled out a knife to help. "Figure I'll help to get it done quicker," adding as she took care of one of the kelbi. "You two have a plan of where to head next?" she asked as they worked.

"Well I figure could go after the Jagi in their area. Not for a major reason really, just think would be a more exciting hunt to hunt a predatory monster." Cat comments, gladly accepting the help cutting up the Kelbi. She then offers. "However going to the base camp might be a good idea, so if you guys would prefer, can go there first."

"Yeah I guess, but it never fun though." Adeliza complained as she turn to the Kelbi she had took down, pulling out an simple knife from her pack as she soon get to work on the carcass. From taking out the icky stuff from it belly, too removing its horns and hide off of it. A little bloody work, but needed to be done. Thankfully the deep cuts Liza has made on its neck bleed it out, but sort of ruin that area of the hide though. While she was doing this, Adeliza listen to the other girls as they talked.

"Well don't we need to go through Zone 4, so we can get to Zone 5?" The little huntress asked as she stored the acquired goods from the Kelbi into sacks for travel, "so I don't see why not, might be hard since two of us in to be up close." Adeliza exclaimed as she turn to look at the two taller huntresses, while discreetly admiring their move curved bodies. Making the pink hair girl feel a little jealous as she look down to her more petite body, she close her arms with a light scoff as she cross her arms over her chest.

"Sadly not, the map is weird." Cat replied, pulling out the map once she was done cutting up one of the monsters to point it out. "Zone 4 is connected to Zone's 3 and 6, Zone 5 we'd go from here and go through Zone 2... However going Zone 3, 4 and 6 to 5 could work." She suggests with a small smile. "It'd take us awhile to reach the camp... but get to see and fight alot along the way." Cat certainly was eager to meet and hunt the monsters around here, something that no doubt was bound to get the girl in trouble.

According to the Map's legend, Zone 3 and the tunnel to Zone 2 that follows the river is territory belonging to a feral tribe of Melynx, small bipedal cats with a tendency to steal anything not nailed down, though not much of a threat to even a lone hunter or huntress. Travelling through Zones 4 and 6 however will take you through the massive network of caves that run under the massive mountain that occupies the centre of the island. Jaggi tend to make their nests in these caves and this territory is relatively dangerous as a result due to their sheer numbers, to say nothing of rumors that one or more of the creatures have grown and survived long enough to take on the status of Great Jaggi. Any of these monsters would be more than capable of going toe-to-toe with any one of the three young huntresses and even as a group of three a Great Jaggi and the many smaller Jaggi that could be roaming the caves could be a serious threat.

She exits the ship hips swaying her short chainmail skirt and bikini top looks to offer little real protection her large ample breasts bounce as she walks hips swaying seductively. "Hello!" She exclaims

The villagers... Stare. Hunters and Huntresses draw eyes from men and women quite a bit to begin with, being fit and often being garbed in gear that is rather revealing in an attempt to balance mobility with actual defense (an attempt that seems fairly successful given how many often come back from their missions), but even compared to the small parade of women they've seen walk by on their way up towards the guild hall and out towards the island proper this is a rather unusual sight. Decency is often striven for by women of the profession but the girl who has just walked off the ship looks like she has abandoned that entirely. Needless to say Maria turns heads as she steps off the ship and more than a few of the women of the village resolve to send their husbands to couches tonight when they stare for just a bit too long.

"Over here!" The guildswoman calls from her stand, waving at the new arrival while frantically leafing through papers with her free hand.

She nods politely tossing a warm smile as she approaches, extending her hand. "Im Maria. How goes it?" She asks with proper ettiquette her hand still outstretched she courtsies. Looking up as she rises. "After formalities care to show me around?" She asks sighing softly with a shrug. She surveys the landscape closely

"Hm...explaining it out like that makes a sound idea, get to take down some good game too. I say, lets do it!" Adeliza exclaimed with excitement as she jump about cheerfully, her pink hair waving around with the loose crimson cloth around her waist and back. "And I also get to see those cute Melynx, they're so small and cute. I just want to hug them," Liza ranted as she act out like a child a bit. Which matches her well with her height and all, though it didn't last as she blushed a bit from embarrassment. "Sorry about that...um so which way should we go?" Adeliza soon asked after gaining her composure as she stood tall, metaphorically anyways.

Cat smiled and gathered up the materials they had gathered before getting up fully again. "This way then." The huntress smiled, starting to move through to zone 3 and 4. Her Bowgun was kept slung over her shoulder as she kept an eye out for prey as they walked.

[Zone 3]

Island-Area3.jpg

Taking the path leading deeper into the island rather than the path running along the cliffside down to the beach far below the Cat and Liza soon find themselves in the shade of the centuries-old trees that grow along the cliff faces. The sound of a small waterfall after a few minutes of walking is the first sign the pair of them are reaching their destination and soon enough they spy a clearing ahead, a broad area neatly bisected by a broad stream that flows on into a shallow cavern.

A few shapes can be seen darting in and out of the foliage around the edge of the clearing nervously and a trio of the reclusive herbivores known as Aptonoth feed on the grasses downstream but the space appears otherwise to be fairly empty. Across the stream, a dark opening leads into the warren of tunnels honeycombing the mountain and zone 4 while following the current on it's winding path leads towards zone 2.

[Moga Village]

"Aha!" The guildswoman exclaims more to herself than anyone else as the huntress approaches. "Yes, Maria, you are Maria right? Yes you just said that!" She nods, pulling one set of papers out of the stack and stowing it somewhere beneath her counter. "Aha, I'm not really supposed to leave the counter in case more people show up later but..." She thinks. "I have quests for you so you could meet up with your fellow huntresses, They've already headed inland by the looks of things but I doubt they've got far. That, or if you go ask the man over there, I'm sure he'll show you around." She motions to the stone column dominating the centre of the village atop which a broad-chested young man stands, watching the people go about their daily business. A cerulean sash crossing his shoulder to his hip marks him as the son of the village chief. "It's up to you." The guildswoman remarks.

Anya continued with the work on the Kelbi, letting the others decide where to head to next. They'd found the first game of the hunt, so their instincts must be going pretty good for now. Their plan did involve a bit of walking around, but they should get some good fights in, and then end up at the camp. She grinned, standing after they'd finished. "Sounds like a good plan, let's get going," she said, following after Cat. She'd giggled a bit at Adeliza's outburst, honestly looking forward to seeing the Melynx somewhat too. The Jaggi should lead to a good fight, as long as they stuck together they should be fine. Her eyes watched around them as they walked to the next zone, wary of any unusual sounds or sights.

Catherine glanced around the treeline with a smile, enjoying the sightseeing, one of the main things she liked about this job. She stopped for a moment as she noticed the darting in the foliage, her eyes darting around, trying to catch whatever caused it. However her eyes soon fell upon the large Aptonoth group grazing. She tilts her head in thought before turning to the other two. "What do you girls think? Know we haven't been hired to attack them, but could prove fun." Cat suggests to the two, motioning to the three large herbivores.

Adeliza took a moment to look back to check if their redhead companion was following, then surveyed the area as she spotted the Aptonoch trio grazing peacefully. Liza look toward Cat as she spoke up and ask about if they should attack the Aptonoths, Adeliza shook her head for a no as she quiet spoke so only they can hear her. "Nah...wouldn't be exciting enough for and like you said, we weren't hired to go after them. Would just be a waste of effort," Explained the small twenty-six year old as she continue to speak briefly. "And we have plenty from those Kelbies, so we wouldn't need anything from them." Adeliza finished as she soon start to venture on, hoping for a much more worthy game to go at than a Aptonoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom