Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adding a Sub-Forum and Taking Away a Section

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
So, since Persistent Worlds has been given a fair shot and not many people really seem to post in it--save for the world creation section--it's been a thought to possibly close that section down for good. After all, why keep the forum cluttered if people aren't really using something. HOWEVER, people do seem to use the 'world creation' section as I mentioned. That said, would people be adverse to closing down Persistent Worlds and then opening up a sub-forum in ConCrit that is specific to World Creation? People could post threads pertaining to the worlds they create. These threads can be as detailed as they want and have as many posts as they want, etc etc.

So, thoughts, suggestions? Please discuss.

Thank you.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I can't remember that section being used more than a handful of times when I was a mod, but I know we have a lot of world builders on site. It could be used pretty much the same way the section is now, just way more streamlined. I'm all for simplicity.

Since I asked Dark about it in the first place. Yeah, I agree with this.

I love world building, and while the persistent world was an interesting idea on creating a meta-verse for BMR it clearly failed to capture the attention of folks. So indulge the world builders, give them a forum within Con-Crit. Maybe then I can get more interest from folks to help me out with my own project.

Yes, I agree with that idea. If a forum isn't used in its entirety (and from what I've seen it is dead) but one of the sections is at least alive, it indeed a pertinent idea to close down the section and open a subforum for that particular subject. Plus, adding a new section might also attract new people to it. I support this.

Back
Top Bottom