Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Senpai of a Giant Talking Praying Mantis (Main Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it's impossible due to him having mandibles rather then lips, Squishy would have been smiling gleefully as Evie shook his forearm. He made sure to take note of what Evie said. The large metal bin was not a food box, but a... Well... It still sounded like a food box to him, but he decided to keep that to himself.

"Where did I come from?" he said, repeating their question aloud. "I was looking for food in the foo- the box this morning but the top closed and I got stuck, but then you two came and helped me out." Squishy was delighted by the fact that he was holding up his end of a conversation with humans, though he was unaware that he had misinterpreted their question.

Evie listened carefully to what Squishy had to say about him being trapped and made a face at that, “Oh gee! Boy that much have really stunk something awful! Poor you!” Evie sympathized unsure on how good Squishy’s smell was, but still yuck! Evie suddenly crissed her one foot over her other and spun hopping on one foot twice and cheering with a fist pump to empathize each work, “We are like hero’s!” Evie’s eyes took on a sparkle as she made a few dramatic motions retelling the actions that happened only minutes ago,

“You were trapped in a monstrous smelly dump,” Here she coiled her arms around her middle and compressing her body and making a face, “But then we came along,” Here she scooped around like a pirate before gasping and pointing at the dumpster, “Finally we through off the lid and realized you into freedom! And good smelling air, huzzah!” Here she mimicked throwing off a heavy lid and shook herself free of the trash before taking a big sniff of air, “Gah! Well, maybe better smelling air that is heheh,” Evie giggled so caught up in her re-enactment she failed to realize her question was not fully answered.

Cynthia stepped further back giving Evie room to do her reenactment. She giggled with the woman's acts nodding and grinning. She burst out laughing when she finished. "That was pretty good Evie!" she said then turned back to Squishy. "In all seriousness however I'm glad your free!" she sighed and glanced around the cool night air refreshing once again.

Squishy very much enjoyed Evie's little performance, swaying from side to side as if her enthusiasm was contagious. "Oh yes!" He said. "That was a very good way of saying it!" He nodded at Cynthia. "I am also very happy to be out of the box. I came here not too long ago to live with other humans and do lots of human things, not to get stuck in big boxes. Wait..." He paused for a moment. "Is getting stuck in big boxes a thing humans do?"

As he asked this question, a car turned a corner down the street and was heading towards the two girls and large insect.

Evie giggled giving a little curtsy loving the od enthusiasm of this whole scene that was going on before straightening and taking on a pondering thing, "Wellllll, I can't say its a normal thing to get stuck in a box, but humans do get stuck in them, like a closet that is like a box kinda or a bathroom stall or oh! Magicians and escape arist use boxes all the time, but do they get stuck..?" Her out loud musing was cut of by the flash of head lights making a small squeal come from Evie, "Ah to bright!" Eyes scrunched up than widened largely despite the oncoming light, "Ah! Ah! Whatta we do about Squishy??? They will put him on a talk show!!!!" The young woman panicked running around in a short circle.

As the car came closer Cynthia stepped further towards Squishy trying to shield him. She looked at the insect and sighed. "Oh man if you go back in you'll be stuck! However if you don't you'll be sene and put on a talk show and--! Anyway Evie I need you to calm down and help me think! I don't know how much shielding him is going to do! They might be suspicious about two women hanging out by a dumpster!" she frowned more concerned for Squishy.

Squishy tried to follow Evie's introspection on people getting stuck in boxes as best he could, but most of it went over his head due to his limited knowledge. As the two girls turned frantic at the prospect of Squishy being seen, he too became alarmed, albeit unsure why so. "What? What is it? Is it a predator?" He gasped. "Quick! Hide!" Letting his instincts take point, he quickly flew into a nearby tree, concealing himself well amongst the leaves and branches. The car in question, drove right past the two girls, none the wiser to the phenomenon hidden 10 feet away. After a moment of silence, Squishy spoke up. "Is, is it gone?"

Evie was still rather panicking despite Cnythia telling her to calm down, she danced from foot to foot her side magenta dyed bangs swishing from side to side. "Eee!" She squealed and hid behind the taller woman clinching onto Cynthia's elbows. we are gunna get caught! I don't want to be famous if it means bad for Squishy! although, she did not have to worry so, for the praying mantis took flight and hid along the tree. Evie tilted her head back, eyes flicking as she almost lost complete sight of the insect. Meanwhile the car drove by, Evie let out a heavy sigh, than a laugh, " Woooooaaa, jezz that was a close one! Its safe to come out, Squishy, I think." Evie realsed her hold on Cnythia and straightened up, "Boy what a night!" The young woman paused, was the car a predator? In a way?

As usual during a chrisi Cynthia panicked a little. She stayed calm though as Evie hid behind her grasping her elbows. She flinched slightly caught by surprise or pain. When the car drove past and Evie had let go Cynthia rubbed her arms. "Sometimes it can be." she said straightening up. "They well they sometimes drive fast and people can sometimes be stupid causing accidents!" She said walking over to the tree and jumping up into it beside Squishy. "Though most of the time they're ok!" she reassured leaning back against the trunk. Cynthia wasn't much of a lady. She didn't do many lady like things like now. She was definitely a tomboy and didn't care what others thought about her actions.

Squishy grew fearful as he saw Cynthia stand in place and Evie, well mostly stand in place. Did their minds go blank because they were too afraid? As he head the "predator" coming closer, he got ready to jump out of the tree and defend his new friends. However, the "predator" completely ignored them and went about it's business. Perhaps it had just eaten and wasn't hungry? Whatever the reason, the supposed danger had passed and Squishy relaxed and let his guard down. "You're right, that was close Evie!" He looked over at Cynthia as she climbed up next to him. "Even if it's only sometimes, you two shouldn't just stand there if there's a predator! You need to run or hide!" He said in a scorning voice, not really understanding Cynthia's explanation because he had no idea how cars worked. "Human cities are more dangerous then I thought, we should go someplace safe."

Evie watched Cynthia climb into a tree along with Squishy. Butterscotch eyes blink before she trailed over to the tree looking up at them as Squishy talked seeming to disprove of their survival methods, she raised her arm up waving it lightly,

"I hid! Well....um sorta hid." She crossed her feet and stared up at them smiling before going over a little more towards the tree and stood on tippy toes and hoped trying to reach a branch, it did not work out to well as she missed and hopped again to miss, panting lightly, the young woman stretched to her full length waving her arm frantically about at the branch.

"Guh, guh ergh! Can't reach! Rugh!" When Squishy mentioned a safe place, Evie paused in her endeavor, "Oh hey! We can go to my apartment, its safe there!"

Cynthia smiled then laughed. "Ah poor Evie. No Squishy listen a car isn't a preditor. It's a machine that people make. People get in it and it's like transportation. It's like how you got into the tree or us going to Evie's apartment. It won't necissarily hurt you if people are sensible drivers. See they drive the cars." She jumped down grinning. "Well come on on to Evie's apartment!"

Squishy observed Evie's failed attempts at climbing into the tree, furthering his suspicion that her ability to survive was inept at best. But as Cynthia expanded upon her previous explanation on cars, he thought best to give them both the benefit of the doubt. Squishy might not of fully understood it, but it sounded like they certainly did. But still, there was always some chance of danger being out in the open. So when they both agreed that Evie's apartment would provide adequate shelter, Squishy was more then happy to follow suit. "Yes please." He said. "I would very much like to visit your apartment Evie." He too climbed out of the tree and began following his new friends.

"Nuagh, Cynthia! It's not funnyyy," The twenty one year old whined a bit at her friends laughter even though she knew it was good nature. It was not her thought she always sort of just sucked at stuff in the active department. Gym always equaled a trip to the nurses office if not every time she went to it. When unanimous agreement was sounded they would go to her apartment, Evie beamed and bounced along on the sidewalk a bit ahead of Squishy and Cynthia, "Waaaahhhwhooo! Sleepover! If you ask me those never get out grown and this is total proof! Yay!" Arms were flung all willy-nilly in the air as she spun a few spins on the heels of her sneakers.

"Wait to you see my apartment Squishy! I don't wanna brag or anything but, I think I did a pretty awesome job for he budget I have! I painted the walls a really nice peach color its so warm and cozy, and oh! wood floors mostly expect the bathroom and bedroom, and I have soft colors to go with the peach and brown, like yellows, greens and blues and oranges, my couch is blue! Hehe, and comfy you probably never sat on a couch huh? And I got pictures on the walls, I actually have a thing for things with wings, I think they are gorgeous wings, plus heh totally fly ability going on!" Evie chattered this all as they walked down to Evon Gates Apartments.

"Yeah it is!" Cynthia said laughing as she followed her friend back to their apartment complex. Cynthia's was just to the left of Evie's. She grinned as she chattered thinking that maybe she did need to go grocery shopping. She knew that maybe wasn't the best time, but she still needed food and her pay check would come tomorrow so she could go shopping.

Squishy listened intently as Evie described the interior of her apartment. He didn't really know what to expect, but he found her enthusiastic tone and attitude to be very contagious. "Thank you." he said in response to her compliment. "I also very much like my wings. They are most helpful." As they approached the apartment complex, Squishy stopped for a moment, staring upwards at the building impressed by it's size. "Wow, I didn't know that apartments were so large! Many many humans must live here." Once they had reached Evie's apartment, Squishy examined the door. "How is it that we get inside? Is this where we enter?"

"Ooooh you are welcome, Squishy!" The young adult waved off the thanks even as she accepted it. Evie did not really realize the giant praying mantis had stopped as she continued to go along, but she did hear him speak, "Oh yeah, there must be a lot of people hear, ha and you know there is people above me." Evie gave a chuckle seeing that the ceiling felt like it was going to cave in sometimes due to the upper neighbors,

"To get into doors, we are given a key, see that knob, now look below it, that little hole shaped thing, you put your key in it and twist and wa-la! You are in, now, the next thing is to find that key...." Swinging a small backpack off that looked like a purse the magenta and raven haired girl took a time to dig through before she rattled out keys, "Found it!" She unlocked the door and stepped inside, "You know, sometimes you bust down doors to get in, but mostly you don't unless you are an actor....or cop." The information was thoughtfully added, "Welcome to my place, oh crap wait, its all dark hang on." A light was flicked on, "Now welcome!" They had stepped right into her living room which was decorated how she said. The winged pictures were those of butterflies, fireflies, dragonflies, some birds like sparrows and robins and angels all assorted in a non clustered fashion around the walls of her apartment.

Cynthia stepped in and headed for the couch flopping down and grinning. "And my apartments right next door!" She said grinning. She thought about what Evie had said then added thoughtfully "Or you know people who are breaking in, but that doesn't really happen unless you live in big cities like Boston, New York, you know places like that." She sighed and leaned back into the cushions. She was used to this during all the times she had come over sometimes unannounced too.

Squishy watched as Evie demonstrated how a lock and key mechanic was used. He didn't know how it actually worked, but he was too enthralled by all the new things he was learning about humans to notice that fact. As she opened the door and the two girls walked inside, Squishy was all to eager to come in as well. It took a little effort, what with his large proportions, but he managed to flex his body enough to fit through the door space. Once inside, he keenly observed the insides of Evie's abode. "Wow, a humans home! I have never been inside a human's home!" It appeared just as she had described it. Many questions about the strange objects in the room rushed to his mind. But before he could ask anything, he noticed that he had tracked a bit of filth on the floor as he walked in. While he had removed most of the garbage stuck on him when he got out of the dumpster, he was still covered in quite a bit of grime. He tried to wipe some up with one of his legs, but only managed to smear it on the wooden floor.

Evie would have taken better notice of Squishy's grime if she was not busy bouncing about the room pointing at all the pictures and naming small facts about her winged friends along the walls. "Oh yeah, that's right too, we live in a good area!" Evie agreed and flopped down on top of Cynthia's legs with a giggle, "Hey Squishy! Come," The woman paused as she was leaning now over the back of the couch and finally saw the slight mess on the floor, "Uh oh, that looks grotty, lets get it off, um Thia, how do we help? I don't think paper towel is gonna cut it."

Cynthia leaned over and nodded. "You got a swifer uh right?" She asked still looking at the grime. "If not I can run next door and get mine?" She looked around wondering where Evie kept her cleaning suplies. She grinned but her eyes kept searching every nook and crany.

OOC Sorry guys it's short I know, but that was my idea.

By their reactions, Squishy could tell that him getting the floor dirty was something they didn't want. "I am sorry Evie, I did not mean to get this on your floor." He kept his legs still, not wanting to track any more filth. He tried to clean his forearms with his mouth. But because he lacked a tongue and had mandibles instead of lips, it was largely ineffective in ridding himself of the grime. He pondered for a moment. "Evie, Cynthia? How is it that humans normally clean themselves? I do not think that I can do this alone."

A swifer? Yeah! It's in the closet Cynthia," Evie answered the other woman before turning to Squishy and clambering the rest of the way over the couch, "Don't worry Squishy! It's not your fault! Blame that gross dumpster we will fix it." She assured with a sweet confidence, "What do we do...oh! That's easy, we bathe, either a shower or bath, that is what we should do! Yo Thia! We gotta help Squishy bathe up." Evie decided and realized with a nod.

Cynthia nodded as well coming back with the equipment. "Kay just give me a moment." She started cleaning the grime off the floor smiling a little. When she had finished she pulled the pad off and threw it away. "K come on Evi!" Then she looked at Squishy and smiled. "Yeah it's not your fault don't worry about it! We can totally handle it!" She smiled reassuredly to incourage him.

His face didn't convey it very well being that of a mantis's, but Squishy had a most happy and appreciative expression right now. He had only known them for an hour or so at most, but Evie and Cynthia had been ever so friendly and welcoming to him. Were all humans this hospitable? Prior to tonight, Squishy had never met an actual person. He probably didn't notice it because of his overwhelming excitement and anticipation, but he was also somewhat nervous that his first encounter with a human being would go awry in some way. He remained stationary as to not track any more grime in the house. "Thank you Evie, Cynthia... I am most happy to have met you both."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom