Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Cruel Pet Owner (LataPaine X TannerHyde)

LataPaine

The Picky One
14491089900_9018a421d6.jpg

Emily Dew is currently making her way towards a certain person’s home, driving in a worn out little car that she could barely afford while going through college. She was told by the organization she’s currently working for that there is a man in the middle of nowhere that’s been mistreating his dog. She’s a little confused that the organization would be aware of such a man that lives out in the middle of nowhere, but it turns out that that he was seen kicking and generally abusing his dog while taking for a walk in the local park in the city.

Even though his place is out of the way, she feels she needs to confront the person about it in the hopes he would stop abusing the canine. She can’t help but feel nervous, as she is finds the path leading right off the road, finding it strange that someone would willingly live away from people like this. She can only wonder what kind of person would live in the middle of nowhere and treat his only companion like crap, making her imagine he could be the worst human being.

It isn’t long before she comes across a large white fence, looking a little taller than the usual she has seen. Parking her car just a few feet away from the gate, she climbs out and makes her way over. She lets her violet eyes look over the area, finding it a little eerie how quiet it is as she walks up to the gate. Looking through the space between the wooden spikes, she can see that the house is right in the middle. To the right of the house, she can see what appears to be a metal chain link fence with a large dog house within that.

After finishing peeking through the fence, she opens the gate and pushes the heavy door open slowly. Once inside, she makes sure to close the gate behind her before making her way up to the front door of the house. Stepping up to the door, she proceeds to knock a few times, waiting for the person to answer. “Hello. I’m here about your dog and how you’ve been mistreating him. You understand that animal cruelty is a crime, right? Maybe it’s better if you hand over the dog to my organization so he can have a better home.” She says once she sees the door opening, handing the man a pamphlet. She is currently wearing a grey sweater dress, black and pink bra, black and pink panties, pink socks, and black sneakers.

Roger looked at Jane's picture again, finished his beer with a grimace and then a curse under his breath and shoved the picture back in the drawer. He never drank in the morning when he was with Jane, so he blamed the drinking on her too, the bitch. He looked at Rex, the dog Jane had loved so much. "She loved you more than me didn't she!" The big black dog gave a curious expression, slightly fearful. Roger laughed. "Stupid dog. Now I'm stuck with you. Fucking gone, she is." He crushed the beer can in his fist as the clock ticked 8 on the early Friday morning and then he threw the crushed metal at the dog that whimpered and retreated, looking at him fearfully but still hovered hungrily over an empty food bowl. "What, I'm just supposed to lie down and take it? That's your fucking job, stupid dog. Oh, and I'm supposed to feed you too? That was Jane's job, but she's gone isn't she? Fucking month and she's not back. Well I fed you enough. Do it your goddam self, bag's over there." He ignored the stupid confused whimper.

The knock on the door didn't erase his temper. He brushed back his hair and checked himself in the mirror, hair still rich and dark even as he approached his mid thirties. He pulled the tshirt straight over his once fit body that was just starting to slow the slightest middle aged bulge in the middle, but still quite muscled in the chest. The dog barked and he yelled as he went to the door "Shut the fuck up, dumb dog! It's probably those guys from the office again, don't believe I really quit. Like they really can't find anybody to do it? Well, maybe not but that's their problem. If Jane can quit on me, then I can quit too. Fuck her and fuck you too." He gave the dog a kick in the ribs as it walked to the door beside him, not actually growling at whoever it was this time though, which pissed him off too. Not even a good guard dog.

He opened the door and stood silent for a moment, too surprised by the weird but oddly sexy girl he saw standing there and especially by how she greeted him. Not the Jehovah's, no charity. The fucking dog. She was finished and even handing him some pamphlet and he just had to laugh. A big laugh too, first he'd had in days and it hurt, what with the beer still bitter in his belly along with Jane in his heart. His laugh stopped suddenly and his eyes narrowed as he looked down on the girl from his rather greater height, still standing in the narrowly opened door blocking Rex from getting out between his thick legs.

"Hand Rex over to the likes of you?" His face grew even more disapproving as he looked at her, thinking about giving up the one thing he had left from Jane, the one thing he thought still she might some day come back for. "You've got to be out of your pretty little mind." He wadded up the little pamphlet in his fist like it was a beer can and was about to throw it at the girl and tell her to get the fuck off his property, but his eyes roamed a little more up and down her body, the way a man's eyes are meant to do, and he stopped himself. Shit, he thought to himself, kid's got a tight little body.

"Tell you what, cute little thing, I think you're full of shit and I won't mince words about it, but I... love" -- he said the word dripping with false sincerity -- "dear Rex here so much, why don't you come in and we'll... well, we'll talk about it." He let the door open fully and just walked back through the hallway knowing Rex would follow, must be starving so of course he would, and fully expecting the girl to follow to. "Or get the fuck out, your choice," he tossed back over his shoulder as he hit the light switch in the dim kitchen he'd been standing in before, kicking the crushed beer can toward the trash can in the pantry and closing the door on it so he could at least pretend he kept the place clean. He leaned against the island he'd thought Jane would cook their meals on, right next to the huge fridge and the range he'd never used yet. The table by the backyard window had two more pictures of Jane on it and he quickly scooped those up and shoved them in the drawer of the telephone table as well, but didn't bother moving the dirty plate to the sink.

The young woman continues staring at the man before her, giving him a serious expression on her face as she watches him take the pamphlet from her. She can already tell that this isn’t going to go well as she listens to him telling her that he won’t be handing the dog over to her organization, watching him balling up the paper pamphlet in his hand. Her eyes widen and she flinches when seeing him looking like he’s going to throw the ball of paper, but opens her eyes when she didn’t feel an impact. Distracted from the potential throw, she doesn’t even notice him looking over her young body.

She then looks back up to the towering figure, listening to him explain his reasons for keeping the dog. She can’t help but raise a brow as she stares at him with a confused look, having a hard time believing anyone would miss treat an animal they love. Hearing him telling her that he’d like to talk about it, she begins having some hope about talking him into releasing the dog to her. “This could be progress…” She thinks to herself, not really sure what to make of this person since it’s the first time she was ever invited in. Most of the time, people would just slam the door in her face.

“I’ll… I’ll come in…” She says after hearing him give her the second choice, stepping into the man’s house. She can’t help but let her eyes look over the inside of the man’s house, not looking properly cleaned. She can’t help but feel uncomfortable as she follows him inside with the dog, watching him kicking around an empty beer can. Distracted with the beer can, she doesn’t notice him putting away pictures of his Ex into drawers close by.

“W-Well… About the dog… I do believe my organization can provide him with a better home. He’ll be well taken care of and given to a family… I mean, this doesn’t really look like a healthy environment for him.” She says as she stands up to him, hoping to get the ball rolling and talking him out of keeping the tortured animal. Looking at the condition of the house, she believes the canine wouldn’t last very long living with him since she doesn’t see a loving environment. “You wouldn’t even be charged for animal control to pick him up.” She continues on, doing what she can in the hopes she can get him to release the dog.

Back
Top Bottom