Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When Fates Meet by Kuziya and Red Demon

kuziya

Star
A demon named Aaron spread his wings and flew upward. His wings were black, along with most of his body. Only his horns were red. He spotted the human and grinned wickedly. This one he would have for sure. He approached making the atmosphere heavier and heavier. He targeted a woman asleep and raked his claws across her body. He had to fill the house with fear.

Afenridel had arrived at the human village around midnight. He had been tracking the demon for days now and was sure that the beast had taken refuge here. The elven priest had his sword strapped to his back and the leather armour on his body protected his most vulnerable spots. He saw the winged shadow in the night sky and cursed. The demon was on the hunt itself. He saw it fly into a building and within seconds the screaming started.

Afenridel cursed to himself, he wasn't fast enough. Another one had died or would soon die to this cursed demon. As he kicked the door in to the house he said a small prayer to the Creator and drew his sword. He would stop the demon tonight - or he would die trying. As he entered the room where the demon was raking the now dead human he stopped. The pale moonlight lit up his own pale skinned face and the magical sword in his hand glowed with a purple hue. The black demon before him was revolting, the smile on it's dark face an the dead human before it made Afenridel sick, "Die you foul beast. Go back to the hell where you came from." He screamed as he charged the monster.

Aaron was clawing killing the woman before him when that dreaded elven priest entered. "Afenridel!!" he hissed turning and slashing at the elf. "You won't steal my human this time!" he snarled and smiled cruelly. He slipped into a human's body and easily took control. How easy it was to take over, to push their little fragile confidence down and take control. "Try it now priest!" he snarled using the himan as his mouthpiece. "You wouldn't kill a himan just to get to me would you?" he asked laughing.

Afenridel looked in horror as the demon possessed the dying body of the woman. Did this creature's evil know no bounds? He stepped closer with his sword still drawn. The demon's laughter was chilling him to the bones. "Please don't do this. She's already dying and we both know that if I let you go thousands more are likely to die. I would rather sacrifice the life of this woman than see you escape today. Please leave her body now." The priest didn't like it but as a tool for the Creator he had to weigh the needs of the many against the needs of this poor woman. He couldn't let the demon escape.

"Aww so cute! Letting this woman die to save the human population!" He laughed again and threw the woman's body at the elven priest then pulled out flying at him his claws slashing at his eyes. "Well if you think you can take me and live then let's go!!"

Afenridel barely managed to move his sword to avoid skewering the woman. She'd die soon but if he could help it not by his hand. But he couldn't manage to raise the blade again to counter the demon's attack. Instead he ducked under the claws going for his eyes and punched the beast in the stomach with a strength that belied his slender frame.

OOC Hey Red Demon i'm gobba be gone for a couple weeks cuz i'm moving and I don't know how long it's gobba be until i get wifi. So after today i can't post for a while. I thought you should you know ahead of time.

Aaron cursid and swooped back at the priest anger fueling his attack. He swiped like before, but his other claws came from the other side near the elf's neck.

[OOC No problem. Just post when you are able :D]

The elf knew he should keep his distance from the demon. He had fought many of it's kind in the past. But this one was filled with rage and attacked with a strength he had not previously seen. He avoided three strikes at him and even managed to draw blood from the beast when the demon's claws connected with his chest. The claws ripped through his leather armour and drew blood from his chest.

Afenridel staggered backwards and held his hand to his bleeding chest as he lost the grip of his sword. He sank to his knees and looked up into the dark eyes of the demon above him. He knew all too well that this was his final moment. He had failed in his holy task.

OOC k cool I will

Aaron swooped down a smirk on his face. He raised his claws for the final death blow, but then stopped. He stared into Afenridel's eyes. What was going on? Why couldn't he just kill this elf who annoyed Satan on the daily? But there was something more maybe. He lowered his claw and sighed. "Oh well." he said trying to act like he hadn't just saved the elf's life. "There are plenty of other humans out there. Bye Afenridel." and he disappeared.

Afenridel was confused. Why didn't the demon kill him. His blood was seeping though the wound in his chest and the poison from the beasts claws were burning him. But he still couldn't understand why he was alive. He thought he had seen something in the monster's eyes just before it turned away. Some kind of kinship perhaps? And the way it had said his name wasn't that of a mortal enemy.

Those thoughts went through the elf's mind as he passed out. Several days later he awoke. Still hurting from the healing chest wound. The people of the village had saved him and it seemed like the demon hadn't killed more than the one woman. Afenridel used the next two days to get his strength back before venturing on the journey back to the temple. The journey would take him several days through the forest. But it was a good way to clear his mind.

As he travelled his mind often returned to the encounter with the demon. The first afternoon her made rest at a small stream where he prepared a decent meal over his fireplace. He sat watching the stars in the night sky and wondered aloud, "Why did you save me?"

Aaron went flying over the village. Why did I save him? He kept asking over and over again. Now Satan was pissed at him, but still. He flew low over the village watching the elf heal. When he left Aaron followed him and floated above him. When asked he landed next to the priest and gave him a once over. He folded his wings and stared into the fire. "There was something that something that made me stop! Made me spare your life! Satan is mad at me for not killing you, but I don't care! He'll get over it he always does! You know Afenridel that really is a good question!" the demon fell silent pondering the same unanswerable question. Then he sighed. "I guess I couldn't!" he sighed finally.

The priest was startled. He had thought he were alone. The demon wasn't threatening and Afenridel's sword were too far away to reach for now. So he played it cool for now. He looked at the foul beast. "Not that I'm not grateful for being alive. But that doesn't make sense. Your kind only takes pleasure from killing and maiming, death and destruction, pain and misery. What do you think me being alive will help you?"

Aaron grinned nastily at the mention of death and destruction. "Yeah we do want that. Don't forget chaos too! It won't help me your being alive! I guess something in me wouldn't let me kill you! Something about you in you told me not to! So I left before I could change my mind. And now it's back! I watched over you!" the demon confessed. "I stayed away from Satan and watched over you! Made sure you were all right! Why? That something! What would the mortals call it? Something about you made me stop and take a second look! I mean I guess i've never met another priest like you! All the other priest's have fallen under my claws" here he grinned again. "But you well your strong and know how to fight and can handle fights!" he trailed off then staring again at the fire.

The elf smiled at the joke, "No lets not forget chaos." Then stopped himself. He wasn't letting his guards down against this monster. But the next thing said surprised him even more. Afenridel made large eyes as he stared at the demon. "You watched over me? To make sure I was all right? Are you trying to tell me that a demon from the darkest hell can feel compassion for another being?" He couldn't believe it. This was a trick. If it had been a human or an elf in the demon's place Afenridel would have thought that it had developed feelings for him, but a demon could do no such things. The closest they came to feelings for another was when they killed them.

But even if he was wary of the demon's intentions he needed to know more, "So if you don't want to kill me why are you here now? Will you try to capture me and bring me to your lord? I'm sure with how many of your kind I've slain you would get in your lords good grace for such an act."

Aaron laughed. "Yes that is very true I have to admit! He would love to to kill you himself, but no i'm not going to! I'm here because well ... well I don't know! Whatever trick you think i'm planning forget it! I'm not going to do anything! I have to admit that maybe i've developed something for you! I can't honestly say what it is! Admiration maybe? Astonishment? Liking?" Aaron was sure that he had hit the nail on the head. Liking. Demons didn't feel or that's what everyone said, but what did mortals know of demons and how they felt. No one knows except the demon and Aaron was pretty sure it was liking.

Afenridel was getting mad. He stood up. "Liking? What do you know of such things?" He walked closer to the demon and pointed his slender finger at the beast, "You are a monster. You killed that woman in cold blood right in front of my eyes." his memory of the woman's eyes as her life left her body made tears start to well up in his eyes, "You and your kind are the worst that has happened to the mortal realms. What is it that you want so badly that you have to kill so many?" The tears were running down his face, he had fought this war for over a century and in some way he was starting to feel it tearing his soul apart. Witnessing all the pain and suffering and it all came to him now with the demon this close.

Aaron stumbled back several steps. He saw tears and he groaned. Did he cause those tears? Suddenly guilt plunged inside him and all he could was stand there eyes wide in astonishment. He turned away at last. He sighed. "You don't know about demons feelings." he said quietly. "Nobody knows! You think you know" he was turning. "Everybody thinks they know don't they! They think that "beasts, monsters, worms, insects, creatures of filth and evil have no feelings except hate, kill, and destruction and chaos!" Well your all wrong!" he was screaming by now his eyes stuck wide they telling the elf everything that Aaron could not himself. "What do you know? What does anyone know about me or anyone demon?" he took off angry tears circling through his eyes. He soared high and stayed there high enough so the priest couldn't do anything to him, but low enough so that he could still see him.

He saw the demon fly towards the sky and collapsed on the ground himself. "I'm.... sorry. You are right. What do I know? What does anyone know?" I shook my head. The demon had been emotionally affected himself. The elf looked up and stretched out his hand, "I'm truly sorry. I would really like to know more about you and what you do feel. Please come back on the ground." He thought for a second, "I don't even know your name. You know mine but what's yours?"

Aaron heard and came back down. "It's ... it's Aaron!" he said landing beside him. "I'm pretty sure if you look me up it'll say that Satan doesn't like that much! He favors other more stronger demons over me!" he fell silent. "See that's why I have to. To prove to people that I do have strength and I'm not weak like Satan thinks or like other priests think!" he lay beside the elf staring at him wiping at the streaks on his cheeks.

Chills were running down the elf's spine. Being co close to a demon without any way to protect himself was against all he had been taught. But so was demons having any kind of feelings. He studied the demon. The black skin and wings didn't seem so frightening right now. Not this close with Aaron being calm as he were. "What do you mean you are liking me? In what way? I really want to understand you Aaron."

Aaron stared at the elf. "I mean this is new but i've never liked anyone like starting to uh like like them!" that didn't make sense to Aaron, but he hoped that the preist would understand. It seemed so unnatural to be this close to this man that wrecked their being, but no one had really cared about him before only to be sent on minor missions.

Afenridel shook his head. It was hard to understand. "What do you mean? It's not normal among your kind to like others? But still you feel that you like me?" He didn't know how to feel himself. He was grateful for the demon... for Aaron saving his life. And for watching over him. But he was still a demon, the enemy.. "But to mortals there are quite a lot of variations when you like someone. I mean I can like a sweet puppy and feed it or I can like my king and serve him or I can like a lover and sleep with them."

Aaron stared at the elf in confusion. "Uh what?" he asked blinking slightly. "Liking like well uh" he really didn't know how to put it in human language. It ended coming out in his language. Now how do you tell Afenridel that Aaron? he asked himself staring at the elf again. How he was supposed to tell him. He closed his eyes. "I don't know how speak it in this language i'm sorry!" he looked away back at the fire. Then cringed. What if Satan saw him here? He was already in trouble with him. "Afen ridel? I have to go. Satan is waiting for me." he flinched at the name fear in his eyes. He was staring into Afenridel's so he was sure that he saw the fear clearly. "Goodbye!" then he took off disappearing into the ground.

"Wait!" The elf reached out and touched the demon's hand. It wasn't repulsing as he would have thought. He could see the fear and confusion in the demon's eyes. He couldn't understand his own feelings let alone Aaron's.
He sighed, "I will take a detour. Stay in the forest for a few weeks. Will I see you again? I want to speak with you again Aaron." Then the demon were gone.

Afenridel sat looking into the fire until it went out. Then he fell asleep. He spend the next week in the forest. Living of the land and camping far from others. He wanted the solitude and he tried to figure out what had happened with him and Aaron.

Aaron stared in confusion. "Uh what?" he asked in confusion. He stared at the elf. How was he supposed to tell him. It came out in his language. Now how are you supposed to tell him? "I ... I don't know how to tell you in this language." he confessed. He looked into the fire. Then he groaned. Satan. He was already in trouble with him and what if he sees him with the priest? "I ... I gotta go! Satan is waiting..." He sounded scared and his eyes showed it clearly. "Bye Afenridel!" he said vanishing into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom