Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if Vek doesn't have an answer, maybe I could find out for you guys. I'm at 54.

Oh wow! O-o

I think it would be quite interesting to see someone's ignore list, but what I think would be really cool is if you can see who viewed your profile.

Ironic said:
I think it would be quite interesting to see someone's ignore list, but what I think would be really cool is if you can see who viewed your profile.

Oh, you can't? ~views Ironic's profile in secret~ I do wish we could make notes about various players, though, so I could stop clicking on the same folks.

Actually, you can do that. In your User CP you have a little notepad at the bottom you can write little notes on and update at your leisure. Goodness know I do so all the time regarding who to contact vs who to avoid when it comes to RPs. It's a great tool for such things along with many other things when it comes to keeping lists and/or track of things.

I actually don't think I'm on many, or if I am, they're inconsequential. The people that matter respond when I speak to them~

kckolbe said:
Ironic said:

Oh, you can't? ~views Ironic's profile in secret~ I do wish we could make notes about various players, though, so I could stop clicking on the same folks.

Yea like you could pin a user who's request thread has been seen but they may have updated. Perhaps you did not enjoy their tastes, so while the thread may be at the top of the request forum you can simply look and it has a pin meaning there is no reason to wast your time. I am not going to waste my time writing a not about everyone i meet

I don't always go by tastes per se since people evolve and tastes change. Same can happen with writing style. People can change and improve over time, etc. For me, my main avoidances have more to do with behavior and how they interact with me over everything else. Though, sure, the other things can play a role. However, I take into account that people are dynamic and change is not outside the realm of possibility. I've seen it happen. *shrugs*

Still experimenting... I suppose, we'll call it that. I'm at 91. Haven't got a "too many" notice yet.

Gashnaw said:
kckolbe said:
Ironic said:

Yea like you could pin a user who's request thread has been seen but they may have updated. Perhaps you did not enjoy their tastes, so while the thread may be at the top of the request forum you can simply look and it has a pin meaning there is no reason to wast your time. I am not going to waste my time writing a not about everyone i meet

THIS - I'm so tired of seeing tastelist lists that I can't stand veiwing, or even seeing, I wish there was a way to hide certain RP Threads to your "blocked" list, so you can't be contacted by the person, and you CANT see their material, either.

roxasdflame said:
Gashnaw said:
kckolbe said:

THIS - I'm so tired of seeing tastelist lists that I can't stand veiwing, or even seeing, I wish there was a way to hide certain RP Threads to your "blocked" list, so you can't be contacted by the person, and you CANT see their material, either.

Well, you can put certain members on the ignore list and it prevents you from seeing their posts and threads (and also has an option to show the material too).

yeah, but I don't even want to see their THREAD show up in the threads. I like to go through and put people on my ignore list simply because I will never, for any reason want to have anything to do with them either A: Their tastes are just too solid and really not what I'm looking for, and never will be, or they are looking for something so offensive I don't even want to see the thread name, which makes me wish people on your ignore list didn't show up in the thread list...

I'm kind of confused as to why you would need an ignore list at all. Not going to lie, I get my fair share of one-liners from people and there are times where I think they need to be slapped for one reason or another, but shouldn't simple maturity rules make things easy?

I mean, isn't one of the rules don't be an idiot or else? That should keep people from harassing others. Which is the only reason I see having an ignore list.

Having to ignore over ninety people just seems like overkill when put in that context.

On the other hand, if it somehow filters the user's thread posts that might be something else entirely, but then we should have a different tool for that.

Either way, good luck on your quest to hit the end of the ignore list... or the internet, whichever comes first. :)

Nasty said:
I'm kind of confused as to why you would need an ignore list at all. Not going to lie, I get my fair share of one-liners from people and there are times where I think they need to be slapped for one reason or another, but shouldn't simple maturity rules make things easy?

I mean, isn't one of the rules don't be an idiot or else? That should keep people from harassing others. Which is the only reason I see having an ignore list.

Having to ignore over ninety people just seems like overkill when put in that context.

On the other hand, if it somehow filters the user's thread posts that might be something else entirely, but then we should have a different tool for that.

Either way, good luck on your quest to hit the end of the ignore list... or the internet, whichever comes first. :)

I am being mature by using my ignore list. Simple personality clashes or disagreements or just plain running into someone's stupid comments over and over again, gives me the urge to shove them down a bunch of stairs or verbally abuse them in the most severe manner. I can hold back, ignore list or not but being able to make it so that I do not even see their comments at all makes my visit here much more pleasant and that is my priority. I often investigate new users profiles and their first posts and sometimes folks just rub me the wrong way. I have a list of criteria but it's a kind of "if you get 3 or more checkmarks" type of thing. I even occasionally when I forget why I have someone on ignore will view a comment they've made in a thread; if they've calmed down, I take them off but most of the time it's a "Oh, right! I remember you! Yep, just gonna close that door again..."

I'm not searching for the end of the internet but thank you for the well wishes. Not really sure what I'll do when I get to the end of the ignore list capacity.

Ironic said:
roxasdflame said:
Gashnaw said:

Well, you can put certain members on the ignore list and it prevents you from seeing their posts and threads (and also has an option to show the material too).

no it doesn't, i still see the threads of the people i block.

If you block someone, you won't see their posts. You'll see that they've made a thread. Sure. But their posts will be blocked from view. However, you do have the option of viewing them if you so choose. But, it seems rather pointless to me to bother looking if you've blocked them. But.......that's just me. *shrugs* So, you might see that they've made a thread, but if you go into the thread, the post itself won't be viewable unless you choose to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom