Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Destiny

Trygon

Supernova
PS4 - Seraph_Nicholas

I've got my preorder in. Five days until the beta starts. I wish I could tell 16-year-old me that I'm about to be playing Halo on my Playstation, he'd lose his mind.

Anyone else gonna be in on day one of the Beta? I'm gonna need teamies for the strikes, y'see~

I'm keeping a cautious distance for now, still don't know what to think of Destiny. From what's been shown so far it's just Bungie doing Halo again. Stick with what you know, I guess, but I'm still waiting to see more of the gameplay in action to see if it really differs.

It is a good bit like halo in someways for sure but in others it reminds me of borderlands to be honest. It is a real slick game and a whole lot of fun from what I can tell. It has a bit of WoW feel at times too. Of course that is just my opinion from playing the Alpha a month or so ago.

XB1 - Lyku

I won't lie, I was skeptical about Destiny initially. I had seen some footage and I wasn't sure if I was intrigued enough. Then I started reading about it, as is my job as I am a Gamestop employee.

So I'm actually excited about Destiny now. It is true that the game is made by Bungie, which made Halo. So I did initially fear we were going to be dealing with merely a Halo clone. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, with Destiny, you are going to be having a campaign, co-op campaign, multiplayer, a raid mode, and I believe others, but I forgot what they are. With your character, you are going to be to choose what you character is going to look like, making that character unique to you and whenever you join a game, you will be using the character that you created.

Ultimately this game is an MMO. It made to be large, like you would see in World of Warcraft or other MMOs. You're going to customize and build the character how you like. They are also planning out expansions so that this game stays going strong for the next 10 years atleast, which is incredible. Instead of releasing details like map packs, there will be expansions, sort of like what you got with WoW. Increases the experience and they will be released over time. I know there is a semi collectors addition which gives you the first 2 expansions along with other stuff for about 100 bucks, and it sounds like when the expansions come out, they will be about 20 bucks each. There is a season pass also which is another route to get the expansions which I believe is 50 dollars. Im not sure what expansions you get with it.

The one thing nice about this is this plans to be a large MMO that the company plans on keeping alive for a long time, pretty much the entire life span of the XB1/P4 if it follows suit of time span of XB360/P3.

Now, I can not look into the future to see how successful this game will be. I know developers are trying new approachs. Games like Defiance were supposed to be huge hits then ended up flopping to oblivion. So I did find that one thing I like about this is that by preordering at Gamestop, I'm not sure about other businesses, you get access to the Beta. P3/P4 beta starts the 17th and XB360/XB1 starts on the 23rd. It will give people the ability to try it out and if you enjoy it, then that's awesome. Personally, I support this approach, because by doing that, if you end up not liking it from the Beta, you cancel your preorder and get your money back.

Hopefully it will be as good as people are saying. Games like Watch Dogs were supposed to be the most amazing and they felt short of expectations, atleast in my eyes.

I loved PSO.

Unrelated note... I have two extra beta codes for XB1 Destiny. I can be reached on XBL Lyku if someone wants one.

Got mauled in the Crucible. It reminds me a bit of Dust 514. Need better PVP gear, and map knowledge. Kept getting walloped by tanks, but I DID pull off a triple-kill-plus-tank/zone capture with one well placed super. That was nice.

Suppose I should bump this? Been busy. Playing Destiny.

Being from Seattle, I was able to go to the prerelease party at Bungie studios. It was a blast, something I've dreamed of doing since I was a kid. I especially enjoyed their 'Declaration of Independence', proudly framed and lit in the main hallway, and the complete lack of any xboxes anywhere in the entire studio, barring the Halo 3 and Reach 360s, both tucked in the back of a bottom display.

Schadenfreude aside, there was one other memorable part. They were done with QA, of course, so they gave the discs to us. 600 copies, the first press of Destiny for PS4. This was still on the 8th, mind. My disc is #246.

I'm up to level 19, almost 20. I'm working on Defender skills for my Titan, and I just got a rare hand cannon I'd be insane not to use... Aside from the fact that I've used scout rifles exclusively thus far. So, I'm kinda between playstyles. Really enjoying exploring the roles and ways to play. Combat really is just a big sandbox, in the best Bungie tradition.

The Vex are motherfuckers, though. Srsly.

Actual FPS like Halo, with damage, impact, etc. informed by RPG stats on the guns. Think Borderlands, only enemies actually react when you hit them.

Hell, some guns are built on it. I had a scout rifle that would take any enemy but the biggest ones right off their feet.

It is a really fun game and I enjoy it a ton but I wish the single player was longer then it is and there was better balance with pvp but over all it is very good

Trygon said:
Actual FPS like Halo, with damage, impact, etc. informed by RPG stats on the guns. Think Borderlands, only enemies actually react when you hit them.

Hell, some guns are built on it. I had a scout rifle that would take any enemy but the biggest ones right off their feet.

Well thank goodness for that, the MMO aspects were leaving me worried on that front.

Still, I think I might wait until I get a PS4. Dunno if the PS3 version would run as well but maybe I'm just overly cautious.

I'm currently Level 24, and I gotta say. This game is great, this is condensed MMO goodness with a slash of incredibly solid PVP. My only complaints range from how nobody told me that the Grimoire actually offers benefits if you complete the stuff and all the card reading is online or an app (hate that). And that the grind seems rather enjoyable so far for rep. I'm pretty much out on doing heroic strikes and raids, since nobody I know has a PS4 and went Xbone.

As for PVP balance, I'd say my only real complaint is that the Hunter seems incredibly lenient to actual effectiveness when it comes to PVP, but then that's balanced by the Golden Gun and the Arc Blade being their supers and very rarely are people able to use the full extent.

Strikes are perfectly condensed and paced, but damn do people speed through them like crazy. I'm currently doing a bounty for completing 5 strikes without dying for an exotic weapon (part 1, ugh) and it's a fun challenge. Really, this game offers just about everything for someone who enjoys shooters, maybe someone who doesn't, too. But the PVP can be very unforgiving, levels don't matter...but higher level offers you much more utility in your gear and weapons, just not damage/defense reduction.

Mellow - The PS3 version comes with a free upgrade to PS4, I believe. Plus, saves are stored serverside and tied to your PSN, so you don't lose progress on upgrading.

yeah only if you buy digital though. and as for the hunter(which i use currently and am level 27 halfway to 28) they are hard to use in the crucible in terms of their supers. If you can start it up before being seen you have a shot seeing as he has to do his little"Oh yeah!! Hammer Time" Move before you can actually start fucking them up. and nine times out of ten you start it up in a panic to kill a group chances are you gonna get pwned. And arc blade versus arc blade, first one and quickest one to attack wins. Beware of titans and warlocks i've noticed too..they love to panic super, especially if you get the drop on them and almost kill them. and the oh so lovely warlock self resurrection. The hunter in my opinion requires a bit more finesse and patience to use in crucible and everything else..gunslinger is usually powerful mid range super and powerful grenades and blade is all about stealth and getting up close. With my experience and problems in pvp i tend to hang back with gunslinger in larger open maps and use bladedancer for close quarters and smal rooms. Nothing feels as good as it does when cleaning up a whole crew in a tiny room in Control.

Best achievement so far is Acquiring my first Exotic, the Thorn as well as first time completing nightfall strike

I -really- like being a Titan Defender in PVP. Especially since nobody expects Armor of Light bubbles. I've eaten entire teams with my fists from inside my cozy, nigh-invincible bubble. I love the increasing desperation. I'll punch two people to death before they realize something's wrong. Someone panic-supers. The best is sunsingers. I've gotten a double off the same person. But I can take a few arc stabs, and even a golden gun shot without dying (The third stab or second shot is curtains, though). Sometimes someone will try to slip a rocket in the bubble and only slip a rocket against the bubble directly in front of their face.

Just, utter panic. And if my team is on point, they're applying fire to everyone who's wisely trying to stay OUT of my bubble. The best offense is a good defense, indeed.

my main issues with panic supers is when i round the corner i unoad them with a shotgun blast to the face, bring them to brink of death and they panic super as a titan or warlock and wreck me..which simply aggrivates me so much more than panic knifers in COD..Which is what Crucible slowly becomes in modes like Control. everyone wants to hide out and corner camp which is typical in most PVP games. So Crucible and mainly COD with a bit more finesse and skill needed to survive.

I definitely like blink from bladedancer though, makes escapes easier than with just the double jump.and what confuses me is even with level advantages disabled in crucible..i bring a guy to near death with shotgun blast with barrel practically touching them..i get one shot with shotgun from a few feet away All in all Crucible is just like COD but Halo style in the end. At least with how most people play.

So far it has been rather fun. Vault of Glass is pretty glitchy but despite this it is really fun to beat though.

Terrible people play like COD. I get a fireteam of at least three before we go in, and we cover each other and move as a unit, using partychat to coordinate fire. A panic super doesn't do much good against three barrels unloading on them.

We tried to run Atheon off the cliff last time, but it didn't work out. We managed our first clear that night, though, so all's well that ends well.

FUCK gorgons, though.

true but most people play like COD. some camping with a sniper or something. I've been killed a good number of ties by a panic super..especially as my arc blade is inches from hitting them. Crucible still sucks though given you can't communicat with team members on team modes unless they are invited to your fireteam before going into crucible with seems to be a bit unproductive in something like PVP of team based modes.

Might try Vault of glass if i can find enough reliable friends or get lucky and get put in with a good group.

If someone's trying to camp, just counter-camp the Special Ammo spawn. Unless they have Ice Breaker (heheheheheheheh) they need to resupply sometime, and you can reap a crowd of desperate, ammo-less snipers. Keep your ear open for 'Special Ammo Inbound' and get there before them.

Nah I just camp the heavy ammo now..People I fae seem more dependant on that ammo than anything else, especally when they want it for their machine gun

Can't imagine using a HMG in PVP. Takes too long to use up the ammo. Get capped with heavy ammo and it goes to the other team.

Of course, since my friend told me that Gjallerhorn gets !FOUR! rockets per pickup in the Crucible, that's all I want.

I don't play pvp all that much, except when I have to or am needed to, but Unfriendly Giant also gets 4 rockets per pick up granted it hold 3 and then you have 1 spare one extra. The weapon I most see used in pvp though is normally the fusion rifle as a lot of the maps seem to people towards more med to close range combat.

Back
Top Bottom