Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Runaway (Myself,MysteriousD)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Rebecca Marie Chang .. a well rounded teenage girl with parents that had money to throw around, that meant she'd gone to a private school all her life. She'd just graduated top of her class, wanted to experience life before she went off to some school in boston or wherever she planned on going. She'd filled out countless applications, had gotten a few acceptance letters but wasn't ready for secondery education yet. '' Mom dad.. Please hear me out. I just wanna take a couple years off, then I'll go to school I promise please.'' Knowing her parents wouldn't even begin to hear of what she was saying she'd ,packed a few things she would need to run away. She had money saved up from birthdays, she had plenty of it in the bank since her parents were loaded.

Laying next to the stairs was a back pack filled with clothes, other things she might need then of course she always had her purse on her. She prefered wristlets to actual purses, it had her money in it as well as her cell phone but she planned on leaving that behind. Her mind was made up, she'd been planning to run away fro awhile now. She just wanted something to give her reason, so far fighting with her parents was cause enough. Waiting for her parents to say something she sighed, ran her fingers through her hair to get it out of her eyes.

"Are you crazy, young lady?" her mother pointed out sternly before she cleared her voice. "Your father and I will not let your throw your life away or endanger yourself by gallivanting around the world. You will go to university and become a lawyer. We are a proud family of hardworking people. I am afraid this is unacceptable," she said, being a 'tiger mom.'

Her father could do nothing but nod. "Indeed. You are better than all of that riftraft. You will go toward the university of our choosing within the next semester. You are no longer a child anymore. You must leave behind this petty dreams of yours and grow up for the world around you," her father stated. "You must understand Rebecca, that this is for the best," he said.

" I don't wanna be a lawyer.. Those are your dreams not mine.. Maybe I wanna be a writer or a teacher but I'm tired of all the pressure, you want grand kids someday right? I mean come on do you really expect me to just sit around here then go off to college in the fall fall in love with some guy, live like this? You've done nothing but spoil me since the day I was born, private school was all girls anyways. Just let me do this, I promise you won't regret it."

Rebecca said growing furious with her parents her fists were clenched, she was ready to just leave but she wanted to try convincing them one more time before she ran away. She knew it was a lost cause but she just wanted to try one more time, if it caused more yelling she was out the door she was already sitting on the edge if the couch ready to bolt.

"A writer is a highly unsecure job and being a teacher is beneath you. You must let go of those childish fantasies of yours. You will be become a lawyer and that is final," her father said. However, he was in control of his emotions, especially in comparison to her mother.

"You will not. We did not spend hours and money into making you who you are. Remember your duty to your elders and to your line! You owe us for raising you to be the successful lady that you are today," her tiger mother said, raising her voice. She was surprised at the insolence of her child. The only reason she did not go to an all-out outburst was because of her husband told her not to. Meanwhile, he himself looked over with his stony gaze of mild disappointment.

Rebecca didn't say another word she jumped from the couch grabbed her bag by the steps, ran out the door leaving her phone behind. She didn't care cause she didn't have very many friends because she was allowed to focus on her studies, was pressured into getting a perfect grade point average which is why she had graduated top of her class. Of course she was half way down the road before they would have realized she was gone because she'd excelled in track&field, she ran as fast as she could before she reached a good hotel a few blocks away from her house. She paid for a room, went straight to the elevator headed to her room then closed the door not thinking about anything but the argument she'd just had with her parents. The dream to be a writer might have been unstable but she'd been writing stories since she was old enough to know what a paragraph was, she had some of her less full notebooks with her but one that was completely full laid on her bed with a note attached to it for her parents to read.

Her parents could do little but react as they saw her bolt across. By the time they managed to recover herself, she was long and gone. THe parents looked about at one and proceeded to do what parents would do in this case, panic. One prepared to go into the car to look for her while the other began to call the cops. They needed to get their daughter back.

Meanwhile, a young man in his early to mid 20s was walking from the lobby, having gotten something from the vending machines. He noticed a girl zoomed straight to the elevator. He was intrigued. He saw her pay for her own room despite her age. He was wonder why a girl like her was here. He decided to check. After all, he was just being a good citizen.

He then saw her slam the door, but not lock it.

He then slowly opened the door.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked her.

" Excuse me.. I don't even know you, your asking me if I'm okay? I was taught never to talk to strangers so go away.." Rebecca said as she looked at the man, then turned away. She was telling him the truth, she figured her patents would be looking for her but she would be long gone before they could find her. It didn't phase her because she was tired of being forced to do things she didn't wanna do, until they found her if they found her she was perfectly content in the hotel. She knew her dad was driving around while her mom was on the phone with the police, she knew that a person had to be missing for at least forty eight hours or maybe it was twenty four before they could be reported missing.

The young man looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Well, that's rather rude of her," he thought to himself before he wondered what to do now. "Well, I was just wondering since you seem to be here by yourself and you looked upset," he told her through the door. He then saw a man entering the hotel, looking frantic. He was taking a breather before he looked around.

"Excuse me, have you seen this young lady?" he said to the hotel person. Fortunately, it was a different person at the desk, however, that didn't mean they couldn't go and check, especially if they were bribed. The young man then went back to the outside of her room. "So apparently, there's a man looking for his daughter or something," he mentioned.

'' Shit...'' Rebecca sighed ran her fingers through her hair, tried to find a place to hide so if her room was checked they would never find her. She took her bags with her, made sure there was no sign of her ever being there. Becca knew she would have to find another way of hiding from her parents because they would never stop looking for her, she just hoped that they didn't find her this time because she didn't wanna go back. She wanted to be her own person, if they eventually cut her off then that was their problem she didn't want to be a lawyer she never had wanted to be one but that didn't matter to her parents. It sucked being an only child because all the pressure was on you, you obeyed everything or you paid the price well Rebecca was tired of being miss perfect.

The young man was walking around as he saw the staff beginning to check room by room by knocking. Not only that, the person in the front was checking throughout the check-in book. Rebecca was likely gonna get caught unless she had some help. "Let me guess... you're the one they're looking for?" he asked rhetorically. He waited for her to answer or say anything.

"Regardless, they probably know you checked into this room. You're probably gonna not be able to escape alone," he added before he began to walk away.

But was still in listening distance if she decided to ask for help.

" Yeah their looking for me..I don't wanna go with them though." Rebecca whispered but made sure he could hear her, she knew that if she stayed in her room they were bound to find her some how. She could only imagine how hard it was going to be for her to hide from them if she was in plain sight, she hoped the guy whoever he was had an idea cause she was panicking. Reaching into her purse she popped a pill, tried to calm herself down. She'd had a history of anxiety since she was a girl because of all the pressure that was put on her, was seeing a therapist who had given her medication to control her anxiety.

The young man realized that she was in a state of worry. He took a breath. "You could come with me then. I'm leaving around tonight over to the middle of the country. I bought two tickets, but my friend ended up having to go to a wedding and said he couldn't make it. You could come with. The shuttle to the airport arrives here in 5 minutes and we could head downstairs through the other set of stairs," he offered to her. He didn't know why, but he figured that she could stay with some of the locals until she sorted her life together. Wasn't uncommon with some of the college students having nervous breakdowns and looking for simpler lives.

" Sounds like a good plan, Thank you. I'm Rebecca but you can call me Becca." She smiled as she stood up, made sure she wasn't seen by anyone. Her bag was hunched over her shoulders, her purse was around her wrist. She also had a messenger bag that had all her notebooks in it, she couldn't stop smiling. Yes this guy was a complete stranger but he was willing to help her out, that made her smile because otherwise she would be stuck doing as her parents wanted her to do which was the last thing she wanted to do. She hoped that since she had given him her name he would give her his, she had to admit he was pretty good looking but she'd never had any experience with guys cause she wasn't allowed she had to focus on her studies hence the all girls private school.

"Name's Diego," he said as he watched her leave and saw her smile. He got a good look at her. He found her attractive and he was relieved to see her smile. Once he gave her the bit of time needed to make sure she had everything, he grabbed her hand and led her down the other stairs. He dropped off his key along with hers in the front desk before the shuttle arrived. He helped her get in and they were on their way to the airport, some miles away.

"You really don't seem happy about wanting to return to your parents," Diego noted to her as the hotel quickly vanished in the distance. His suitcase was already in the trunk and he had his backpack with him. He wondered what was in her thought.

'' I'm not... They want me to go to university in the fall like everyone else, I don't want to just yet.. I wanna experience life first, then go to college if possible. I was accepted to a few schools mostly ones with law programs because both my parents are Lawyers, well my mom is ADA but that's not the point. Those are their dreams not mine!! I love to write poems , stories. I've always liked the idea of teaching little kids or teaching creative writing, it's not the highest paying career in the world but it's a career. I tried reasoning with them before I ran away, when your an only child with parents who do nothing but spend money on you because they don't know how to say I love you.. It's a little to much pressure, could very easily drive a person insane. Sorry I talk a lot when I'm nervous, I think I'm going to shut up now.''

Rebecca bit her lower lip, ran her fingers through her hair as she leaned her head back against the seat putting earphones in her ears she turned on her music then closed her eyes. She figured that he would wake her up once they were at the airport, she wasn't really sleeping she was just relaxing. Whenever she traveled she always listened to music because it kept her calm, made it easier to avoid a panic attack if she was calm. She knew that eventually she would have to refill her prescription but since she was eighteen years old she could refill it herself all she had to do was have her therapist or any therapist for that matter write her a new prescription.

Diego began to listen to what she wanted to. He looked at her with sympathy. His parents let him do what he chose with his life as long as he helped pay with college. His scholarship helped. He smiled at listening to her dreams of becoming a teacher or teaching writing. He wasn't an only child, having a reckless younger brother. "Look, it's okay. Relax. You are your own woman now," he said to her with a smile. He watched her fall asleep. Eventuyally, they arrived at the airport. He woke her up and helped her get their stuff.

"All right, to celelebrate your freedom, lunch is on me. What do you wanna try? I'm in the mood for a bit of fast food to be honest," Diego told her as he looked around the airport, having gone through the checkout process.

" Your right I am my own woman, as far as food goes... I have a confession to make, that's that I'm a vegetarian, have been since I was a little girl or since I can remember. It's not by choice though meat makes me sick, I don't know if I'm allergic to it or what I was never taken to an allergist but I just get really sick if I eat meat of any kind, it's always been that way." Rebecca said as she chewed on her lower lip, put a strand of hair behind her ear. She was smiling because Diego a complete stranger had offered to help her get away from her parents, was going to buy her lunch she barely knew him but she just knew in her heart that nothing would go wrong as long as she was with him.

"Ah. Yeah, I guess maybe it's just a stomach thing. Well, where do you wanna eat then? I think you could still eat pizza," Diego explained to her as he smiled back at her. He looked at his watch. "Hmm... flight doesn't leave for a few hours. So we have dinner and then we take the flight to the west. I personally traveled in order to figure out my purpose in life. I was going for making movies, but I decided to take time and see a bit of things and see if I can find love," Diego said wistfully as he led her around for possible places to eat.

" I don't know, um... Pizza sounds good. I can eat veggie, cheese pizza just not pepperoni or sausage. I ran away from home to do the same thing, well I really appreciate being invited on your little adventure. " Rebecca chewed on her lower lip, ran her fingers through her hair. She couldn't believe what she was feeling because she barely knew him, already she felt safer with Diego then she'd ever felt at home. Her hope was that her parents would never fund her, when she finally saw them again she would be a different person.

"Okay, sure. No problem. The difference seems to be out parents though. Well that and I'm a little older than you," Diego joked as he smiled at her before he went to the pizza place. He grabbed her hand ad led her there. He ordered two slcies of cheese pizza and some soda. Once she made her order, he paid the man and found a table for them. "So, what do you wanna do when we reach out west? The town I'm headed to is pretty nice and maybe you can do something at the school" he suggested to her,

" I don't know.. Thought maybe I would voulenteer somewhere, then start taking some classes. I really appreciate you letting me come with you, what's your age got to do with anything? " Rebecca asked as she held his hand, smiled she barely knew him but holding his hand felt really good. Trying not to make it to obvious she started to stroke his hand with her thumb, leaned her head against his shoulder wondering why he was being so nice to her.

(( Sorry for the late reply.))

Back
Top Bottom