Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Obsession (LustLove and Morell)

Morell

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Mr. Delhomme. Now there was a name that often found itself on the lips of giggling girls between classes. He was a six-foot two, 185-pound, tall, dark, handsome, athletic, and those muscles hiding under his well-pressed button ups were free to gawk at after school during boys' practice. That was the word anyway, what Michael had heard about himself, but high school girls loved to exaggerate. Not that he minded being the sexual fantasy on the minds of budding young women.

Although he might have been able to pursue such illicit relations with their delicate, moldable minds, he never felt the urge to run the risks. Completely professional in every way, he was a teacher, role-model, and all around good guy. Of course... every man has his breaking point. Mike's breaking point was named Alexandra.

Mike Delhomme taught Algebra 2, and that seemed to be the only thing the students hated about him. Although their alternative choice was Mrs. Gunderson, an old troll of a woman who seemed to hate her students as much as she hated her job. Those who landed his class counted themselves lucky.

The bell was about five minutes from ringing as he walked up and down the isles picking out a student's recent test and sliding it toward each student one by one.

"We did much better as a class this time around. I'm very proud with the effort everyone's put in." All coaches seemed to talk that way, 'give it your best, nice effort,' Mr. D was no exception to the cliche. "Tomorrow we start Lesson 5. I want you all to read pages 34-44 and do the sample questions before Monday, got it?"

A low, unanimous groan grumbled through the classroom, followed by the bell and shuffling feet and books being stuffed into bags. Among the clammer, Mr. Delhomme retreated to the front of the classroom and raised his voice to get Alexandra's attention. "Oh uh, Miss Russell can I see you for a second, please?"

Deep brown eyes stared down at the large, daunting red mark at the top of the paper which declared her grade. 67. She'd made another F, her third one this month alone. She could easily claim that math was not her strong suit, never was, but the truth is Alexandra Russell couldn't focus. In any of her classes and her grade point average had been paying for it dearly. Not that a 4.0 was ever something she strived for but decent grades would get her through the school year and into a decent university far from where she lived. Quickly piling her papers, books, and pencils into her bag before standing from her desk.

Heading towards the door, Alexandra whipped her head around, dark blonde hair falling over the back of her shoulder. She looked to Mr. Delhomme with dread. Although she found that he was a decent teacher, one f the few she actually she looked forward to seeing day after day, now wasn't the time to be bothered. She couldn't just walk out on him though she really wanted to at the moment.

"Yes, sir?" She questioned with a small grin to hide her wary. And the only reason she smiled was because he'd always been kind to her and she couldn't bare to be rude to him. And the fact that he was a very handsome man contributed to the charade to placed. Despite not feeling her best, a tiny part of her still thrived on looking presentable in front of Mr. D always.

Alexandra found herself pretty; she certainly wasn't one of those girls that lacked any confidence whatsoever. When she stared at herself in the mirror, she liked what she saw and there was nothing else to it. Not to mention, many of the other boys her age seemed to find her attractive as well which she couldn't complain with. She stood at a height of 5'8, a slim figure, and soft round face with full pink lips. Whether or not her algebra teacher found her attractive was still a pleasant mystery to her.

Mike motioned Alexandra toward his desk, swiveling the chair around as he perched himself leaning against the desk. He dug his hands into his pockets, exhaling slowly as if he had bad news and was beating around the bush to spit it out. He leaned toward Alexandra repositioning his weight on the desk, hovering over her.

"Miss Russell, this is the third F in the past few weeks. It isn't going to get any easier from here on out. These concepts stack upon one another as we go on." His tone lowered a bit, his face bending into concern. "Listen, Alexandra, I don't know if you have any problems at home, but you know there are people you can talk to, like Mrs. Fay." She was her class's counselor. "Or anyone else you might feel comfortable talking to."

He seemed to notice something about Alexandra, though it was the last thing she ever wanted him to point out. Speaking to anyone at this school about her current issues didn't sound like a good idea and she doubt it would improve her grades. It would most likely drive her to insanity with the constant worry that someone would find out what was going on with her and start spreading rumors around school. That reality sounded more harsh than the one she was faced with now. Keeping things to herself was the only option she could trust at the moment.

"I'm fine, Mr. D. This stuff is just hard for me to understand and when I try to read through the chapter at home, I become more confused." She admitted truthfully. "I guess I should study a bit more than usual, huh?" Alexandra added with a dry laugh.

He picked up the question dodge and thought it impolite to press any further. He smiled and leaned back, drawing his hands from his pockets and planting them on the desk.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to intrude. I think I can help you though, Miss Russell. Our next test is in two weeks and I want you all caught up by then. Starting monday after school, I want you to come by my office and we will go over the past assignments one on one, okay? I won't have you failing my class." He pushed himself away from the desk, again offering his hand, this time toward the door. "Now, you just relax this weekend, and come back Monday ready to learn!"

Alexandra appreciated her teacher's offer to help her, but she would say she was happy about it. Math was just really unnecessary to her but if she was going to pass his class, she had no other choice. "Okay. Monday it is." She said with a nod of her head before turning and walking out of the classroom. Well, the tutoring solved at least one of her problems and it was with a teacher she felt she could actually get along with and he wouldn't just make her feel like an idiot.

She stopped at her locker briefly, switching out her math books for history then headed to her next class. In there, she rarely paid attention but this subject one was she could actually pass. All you had to do was read, memorize dates, and significant events. To Alexandra, that wasn't difficult at all.

Thomas McClain was on the football team. He wasn't the star quarterback, heck, their football team wasn't even all that great, but he was one of the most attractive people in school. He had known Alexandra for a few years now, ever since his family moved over from Ohio five years ago. They had talked a bit here and there, group projects and stuff, but other than that, not much. Although one of his closest guarded secrets was that he had a crush on his young classmate.

The rumors weren't true, but they seemed to spread like wildfire. Everyone loves a good scandal. He honestly felt really bad about the whole thing but teens being what teens are, he was never allowed to own up to it. It happened at a party two weeks ago. Thomas broke up with Janessa, his long time girlfriend of six months now. He was so heartbroken he left the party almost in tears, but couldn't face his friends with that truth, so he lied. Alexandra wasn't even at that party, he didn't even know if she -went- to parties. But hers was the first name that came to mind. He told his friends he found her after he and Janessa broke up, and the story got more grandiose with lies from there, mixed with the steady boil of exaggerations from one retelling to the next.

The word was that Alexandra was all too happy to spread her legs and throw herself at Thomas the second she found out he was single. Some people were saying she was pregnant. Others were saying she had an abortion. The widespread consensus was that she was a slut, whore, boyfriend stealing bitch, you name it. Even her friends began to shy away from her, for fear of being seen with such a slut. Even if they weren't sure it was true, they would just rather not risk it.

In the days that followed, Janessa and Thomas got back together, but the delicious drama was just too good to let die so quickly. All this happened in a small silent shame fest oblivious to the staff.

Alexandra went home that weekend, hoping to get aware from the horrible rumors that were spread around about her. All day in school, she heard nothing but whispers behind her back and sometimes right to her face. Everyday it was something new and she couldn't escape the harsh words that were said about her from a day to day basis. She couldn't go out in public without someone recognizing her and shouting disgusting names out to her. Her only safe haven was her own house, where her parents were completely oblivious to their daughter's life unraveling.

Saturday morning, she'd made the mistake of getting into her computer, logging into a social media website just to check some messages where she say the comments about her. She was even seeing people that didn't go to her school, whom she didn't know, pitch in with the horrible rumors. Alexandra quickly closed her computer and laid in bed for an hour or so. The worst part of this all was that she had no idea where this was all coming from. She couldn't think of anyone she upset and she certainly hadn't done any of the things others said she had. Alexandra was nice to almost everyone and while she went to a few parties, she never hooked up with anyone. Her social life at school had dwindled and she was no longer happy, you could even say she was a bit depressed. There had to be something she could do about it, some way to get her life back.

One of the many things she heard was that she had slept with Thomas, a good friend of hers while he was with his girlfriend. Alexandra knew for a fact that never happened and he knew as well. Maybe she could talk to him and ask him to tell other people that it was untrue. It would squash one of the rumors and hopefully the others would die down as well. Alexandra wasn't sure if Thomas was home so she sent him a text message for him to meet her at the park so they could talk to one another.

Thomas waited at the park bench nervously. It was already 3:03. Alexandra was three minutes late. His foot tapped anxiously on the floor, wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible. He didn't even know what he was going to say, but he was pretty sure what she was going to ask. He didn't mean for things to get so out of hand. Thomas was a really nice guy as far as he was concerned. But he was backed up into a corner and his mouth just started saying stuff. He considered leaving, texting her back and calling her out for being late. He looked at his watch. 3:04. He'd give her one more minute and then he was gone. Scanning around the park one last time he felt his chest tighten and breath catch in his throat when she saw her approaching.

"Hey, Alex, heh." He waved nervously, stepping up from the bench and meeting her halfway.

"Hey Thomas." Alexandra said briefly, giving him a small smile. She wasn't really in the mood to catch up it anything. She just had one mission and then she would go back home to avoid any misery.

"I know you've heard some of the things that are being said about me." She told him instantly. There was no need to beat around the bush. They were friends but she couldn't sit through a meager conversation when she had something far more important to address. It was the only reason why she contacted him in the first place. "We're friends and people are going to trust what you tell them. Other guys may not be as kind to tell other the truth for their own selfish reasons but I know you will." She said with a hopeful grin. There were other rumors going around about her and at least three other boys that attended her school but she didn't trust them as much as she trust Thomas. "Just tell them it's not true." She added.

Thomas blinked at her a few times, not knowing what to say at first. He wanted to apologize, but the prospect of telling everyone he was lying just wasn't an option. He stepped toward her, crossing an arm over his torso and scratching his elbow, then digging his hands into his pockets all the while avoiding eye contact. "Yeah... about that..."

A cat-call whistle erupted from behind Alexandra, it was Stephanie walking her dog with her boyfriend Bruce. "Hey Thomas, that bitch trying to jump on your cock again?" Stephanie jabbed him with her elbow playfully, stiffing a giggle. They came off the path and walked toward them with Stephanie's dalmatian in tow.

"I thought you got an abortion, slut, what are you here to settle the child support?" she inserted herself into their conversation.

Thomas's eyes melted away from apologetic to disdain. "Heh, yeah, it was just too good for her, she can't wait to get some more." He averted his gaze as he directed his words at her. "I told you I'm back with Janessa now. So climb off my cock!" He walked away immediately, leaning into Bruce for a bro hug as they walked off together. The other two were laughing, Thomas just walked.

"Did you really knock her up?"

"Nah, that's just a rumor. I'm more careful than that bro..." Their voices trailed off.

Alexandra stared as they retreated, with her mouth hanging open. What the hell just happened? Her friend, or so she thought, played along with those awful people. Treating her as though she'd actually done something horribly wrong to him. She blinked back the few tears that started to fill the brim of her eyes before walking off back to her house. Clearly, no one could be trusted. People whom she thought were her friends wanted nothing to do with and couldn't even come to her defense when she needed it. There were only so many times she could relentlessly tell everyone what they heard about her wasn't true before they would completely ignore her; call her a liar and such.

She walked back home, taking the quickest route possible while avoiding any streets where people could recognize her. There was literally nothing she could do to stop any rumors from spreading or for anyone to accept the truth that she wasn't a slut. They were going to believe what they wanted and what they wanted was to tear someone down. Make fun of them to feel better about themselves. She wasn't going to change their minds anytime soon.

After hastily escaping to her room, she laid in her bed for the rest of the weekend. Away from her computer, her phone, and even the TV in the corner of her room. The only time she came down was to eat so her parents wouldn't worry at all then she would hide underneath her covers for the remainder of the day. She contemplated not going to school Monday, but after getting so far behind when she actually attended class, skipping was the last thing she needed to do. Therefore, she showed up to campus on Monday with intentions of only focusing on her work and not the other students surrounding her.

Mike gave the next lecture in his usual fashion, with enough jokes to keep the class giggling lightly for an hour, and he hoped enough enthusiasm to make the concepts stick in all their mold able little minds. The lights were turned off for most of the class. A projector showed his work from his desktop as he scribbled out equations and worked on them from a drawing tablet, teaching them shortcuts and memory tricks here and there. He looked up to see Zach not paying attention, and tossed a pencil at him to the amusement of the rest of the class. That's when he caught a glance at Alexandra. She didn't look like herself, he thought. Maybe she'd had a bad day.

The bell rang shortly after. Mike turned on the lights and stayed behind while a few students waited their turn to pick his brain to reinforce an idea he had presented, or ask a question about their grades.

Alexandra pretty much ignored the entire lecture in math and every other class she attended that day. She woke up with morning with the goal to just ignore everyone and focus on her work. But she couldn't fall through with every other person looking her up and down then whispering to their friends about something new they'd caught wind of. She was the talk of the entire school in the worst possible light and she just wanted to go home. Her attention faltered in class as soon as she heard her name, ruining the entire day for her. With only one class left and the day nearly done, she couldn't wait to get out of Mr. D's classroom. Except other students lingered and she'd rather wait til the halls were nearly cleared before she shuffled to her final class.

As the final student left, Alexandra wait about thirty more seconds before gathering her books to leave. She stopped by her teacher's desk first to cancel their afternoon. She thought it was curtesy to be honest instead of completely ditching him when he were expecting her. "I can't make it this afternoon. I have some other things I have to do." She explained vaguely.

Mike looked at Alexandra, canting his head in confusion. "I don't understand. We need you caught up with the rest of the class, Miss Russell. I don't want you falling behind." He stepped closer, placing his hand on her shoulder, his voice dropping low. "Alexandra, is there something going on? I can help you, you know? Are you having some kind of..." he hesitated to spit out the words for fear that he might be right, "... family problems?"

Alexandra wished it were family problems she were dealing with. That she could ignore despite whatever went on. This was something she couldn't however. "No, it's not. I have to get to class before I'm late." She said with her head down, staring at the tiles on the floor. She doubt what she was dealing with at the moment was anything he could understand or help her through. He was handsome, probably had been his entire life and men didn't go through the same struggles as women whenever sex was involved. There was definitely nothing he could do to make her feel any better. "We can reschedule for some other day. Can I please go?" She asked, lifting her head and staring up at him with sorrow eyes.

That was it. Something inside Mike switched on. He wasn't really sure what it was at the moment, but he knew he had to watch over this girl, no matter what it took. He had never touched another student in his career, save for a simple handshake. Already grabbing Alexandra's shoulder was the most investment he'd ever physically put to one of his pupils. And despite all that, his other arm moved behind her back. He pulled her in close, hugging her tight to his chest. Hard contours underneath his shirt pressed back into her. It wasn't a hug, he was holding her, protecting her.

He spoke and his jaw moved on top of her head tucked neatly under his chin. "I'll write you a note for being late. I'll say you were helping me with some errands. Alexandra..." He paused for a few moments, swallowing hard still holding her so tight. "It's not your fault. I promise I can make things all better, just trust me. I'll find a way."

At first, she was confused. Alexandra couldn't understand why her teacher was hugging her in that moment or why he seemed to have cared so much. Unless someone was getting physically abused, no teacher ever involved themselves in the drama that circulated throughout the high school. They knew it wasn't their place, yet Mr. D was making it his business. She stood still for a minute or so, unsure of what she should do. Hug him back, pull away, or remain frozen in time? When he spoke to her however, her body instantly reacted to his soothing words and she wrapped her arms tightly around him.

Tears began to flow from her eyes and suddenly she was sobbing quietly into his shoulder. All the emotions she held back so no one would see her affected came pouring out now that someone was willing to comfort her. Even her own parents hadn't bothered to ask what had gotten into their daughter the past few weeks. The very first person to show some empathy was her teacher, and she trust him.

It really did pain him to see her hurting so much. No one should have to be so alone in anything they face, he told himself. All throughout his life he always had someone. This poor girl was bottling things inside so much, and it just wasn't fair. Before he even realized it, he planted a tender kiss on top of her head. Immediately he rationalized it to himself. It was more of a paternal protection type of kiss. That was it. He released her just enough so he could look into her eyes.

"Tell me what's the matter, Alexandra. We'll figure it out. And if nothing else, it'll be good to let it off your chest." He let her go completely so she could gather her thoughts. The bell rang. She was already late for her next class.

Alexandra took a few deep breaths, wiping away her stray tears. Once she had calmed down a bit, she looked up to him again. He really wanted to know what was bothering her, which seemed comforting at first but if she actually told him what would he think. He'd probably think this whole little charade of hers was ridiculous and that she had nothing to be upset over. It was just a few rumors, it wasn't something horrific like he must believe. She debated with herself for a while about the matter until she finally came to a conclusion. Mr. D had asked what was wrong and so he should be prepared for anything, no matter how small the problem.

"A couple of weeks ago, there were some rumors spread around about me. Something about me having sex with a guy and now everyone thinks I'm some kind of slut. That I've gotten myself pregnant but had an abortion. And.. just a bunch of other horrible things." Alexandra explained, glancing down at the floor so she couldn't witness his reaction.

Mike waited quite a while after she stopped talking, wanting to be absolutely sure she was finished before he said anything. He simply nodded for a little while, slowly digesting everything she said. And the more he thought about it, the more it made him mad. Alexandra was such a sweet kid. No one was deserving of how cruel kids could be, but with this girl in particular, whom he'd already had invested some emotion into since she was one of the only kids failing his class, it was just wrong.

"I'm so sorry." Was all he could come up with at first. He wanted to do something. He already promised he would. "Who would spread such lies about such a sweet girl?" His thoughts just spilled from his lips. His mind was already racing with the things he would do to anyone who would be so mean. What could he do as a teacher? Not much. And yet the more he thought about it, the more he got upset himself. His chest rose and fell a bit more rapidly, then he grabbed Alexandra by the shoulders again. "I'm sure things will work out for the best. Again, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. But we simply cannot let your grades fall because of it."

He pulled open a drawer and took out a generic fillable pad of forms, scribbling a few notes into it and tearing it from the spine. "Take this to your next class, Miss Russell. And you be sure to make it here after school. You aren't getting rid of me that easily." Little did anyone know how true that statement would eventually become.

He was sorry. That was all he could say to her after she'd been so honest. But really, what should Alexandra have expected? She wasn't in any real danger nor was it something horrifying enough for anyone to intervene. She knew this before telling him and yet, his reaction upset her. He barely showed any concern other than some words which should have comforted her though accomplishing the complete opposite. She felt terrible and now he knew what was going on and embarrassment was an evident emotion as well. Alexandra was on the verge of breaking down and crying once more but she remained composed. Making a fool of herself in front of Mr. D again wouldn't do her any good. She grabbed the note from his hand and walked out of the classroom immediately afterwards.

She didn't want to say another word to him, even look at him after her confession. Deciding that skipping history for one day wouldn't hurt along with never having planned on staying after school, Alexandra headed towards the building's exit. She crumbled the little piece of paper into the palm of her hand, letting it drop to the ground as she quickened her pace. Their conversation had left her devastated and disappointed, she honestly didn't want to be at the school any longer. Ever thinking that Mr. D could actually solve her problems was foolish and she was now left with the feeling.

Once out of the school, she quickly crossed the campus, hoping to avoid being seen. She began her journey home on her two feet since she had no car. Though the walk would be about half an hour, it bless better than her previous options.

The news spread like wildfire. By 8:00 PM that evening, half of the school had heard by text or word of mouth. By 10:00 PM you had to be dead to the world not to catch the gossip on social media. Thomas was in the hospital. Someone had jumped him apparently. The police had received an anonymous call about a beaten and bloodied boy found just off school grounds. He had a broken leg, several fractured ribs, and enough bruises on his body to last a couple of weeks. He wouldn't play football again. When he finally did come to, he said it was a bunch of gangsters who jumped him and then stole his money, although he was found with $30 in his pockets still.

At 10:22, Alexandra's phone buzzed with a text message. "I'm so sorry, Alex." That night, a few others came in "I feel like such a bitch, sorry." They were from her friends who had abandoned her when the rumors started.

The next day at school, some of the more persistent hecklers of the rumors cast their eyes away from Alexandra when she walked by. Not out of contempt, more out of shame. There was also quite a somber mood around the more popular group. Whispers among the crowds said things like "He lied about the whole thing." And, "Poor girl, all those people saying all that horrible stuff about her."

It was Denise who found Alexandra quickly before the first bell. "Did you hear what happened to Thomas?!" Her expression shocked as she latched onto Alexandra's arm like a good friend, like nothing had ever happened.

Alexandra had debated whether or not she should even go to school that morning. Her phone had been flooded with nothing but apologies of text messages. She hadn't known what they were for and she didn't bother finding out. By not responding, she knew the next morning all those people she ignored would try to talk to her. As if she couldn't have received their message from the previous night. That morning she checked her social media, just to get a glimpse of what was going on. She was shocked to learn Thomas was in the hospital, apparently in terrible condition. A little further investigation, she realized that he'd come forward about the rumors and admitted he'd made the entire thing up. She hadn't even known he started it but he came clean, and that's all that mattered.

Alexandra was in a great mood now, despite any hesitance she had before. It wasn't until her friend, one of the first to abandon her, came to her side. "I did hear." She said simply before detaching their arms and walking ahead of her. She wasn't about to pretend that everything was perfect and they could go back to the way things were before anyone accused her of being a slut. In order to escape the crowd and take care of something she neglected the day before, she slipped in Mr. Delhomme's room. "I'm sorry." She said out loud hoping to get his attention.

Mr. D was at his desk, his left hand snaked around a folder, propping it up while his other wrote in red ink over a stack of homework assignments. The first class of the day was starting in about five minutes, but was usually empty until a couple of minutes before the bell. He also had a couple of oddly shaped bandages, the ones designed around the contours of your hands. They covered his first two knuckles of his left hand. His button up shirt, normally short-sleeved this early in the Fall, now wrapped around his wrists neatly, giving him a bit more of a professional look.

He looked up from his desk to find Alexandra and stood up immediately. His chair slid back, creaking loudly. His eyes looked a little apologetic themselves and he stammered his greeting to her. "Oh uh... Miss Russell. Oh it's no trouble, just grading some papers. Please, come in." He motioned her into the classroom, approaching to close the door behind her.

He had half-forgotten she was supposed to be at his office after school yesterday, as he got tied up with a few things he had to take care of. He arrived 20 minutes late and figured she got sick of waiting and left.

Back
Top Bottom