Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I've been on Blue Moon longer then I was on Gaia

Trygon

Supernova
For a certain generation of roleplayers, that name conjures scores of memories, both good and bad. Never was there a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, is what I'm saying. I joined Gaia in 2003 at the age of... Ugh. 16? I made many friends there, some of which I still have, but many more that I don't.

By 2007 I had had enough and went without for a few years (occasionally blighting smaller sites like Darker with my presence) until January of 2009 when all this happened.

It's strange how things get distorted when you're young. The conversations I had there seemed so important then. Glad to be rid of it, though. This place is orders of magnitude better.

Is Gaia really that bad? A former associate of mine roleplays there and she likes it there.

I mean, if you like RPing with kids/teenagers who are all exploring what sex means to them in their first unsupervised environment with the opposite gender.

It's turned into something different from what it was - I was there before the games and the comics. It may be less...Sticky, these days.

But I doubt it.

Oh jeese. I started on Gaia with a group of friends in the fishing section. It was just quick 1-2 liners but after a year things happened and we all fell apart. I stayed on gaia RPing through PM's and forums for awhile. I'd slowly improved a bit but it seemed the longer I stayed the worse the people around me got.

It was truly awful. I can't RP there anymore. I mean if you're good with RPing with brats you'd do good there. The level of idiocy there was really quite astounding not to mention the level of creativity was pretty low. For the most part it was god-modders, attention whores and people who can't spell to save their own lives.

And from what I've seen I personally think it's gotten even worse than it was before.

Role playing with kids winx club is a better place easyer to role play in then Gal i haven't managed to role play on that site. The origonal winx club site has been shut down not but there is others set up by fans.

I met a few good RP partners on that site. One that lasted me long after my time on Gaia. I should email him sometime and see how he's doing.

I don't think he'd like it here, lol. Not saying there's anything wrong with this place obviously seeing as I've been here for 5 years. But he's not as open minded about RP themes.

Really creative and a great writer though...

Gaia is...yeah, it's pretty bad. You can find a few good people there, but you have to fish with a very v ery very wide and fine net. I still fondly remember several of my partners there, some of them who helped me make a few of my staple characters that are still in use to this day.

And a few of the incidents there still make me face palm.

So take that as you will.

89dragon said:
Role playing with kids winx club is a better place easyer to role play in then Gal i haven't managed to role play on that site. The origonal winx club site has been shut down not but there is others set up by fans.

I'm sorry, can we revisit this comment? The faq did I just read?

My own gaia experience was nothing but positive. I spent maybe 6 months doing random roleplays in barton town. I did not touch another forum other than barton town. Eventually I ended up in one of those "supernatural bars." Fortunately it was mostly a good crowd of well meaning RPers just looking for a place to hangout. Fast forward to when guilds released. We all threw down on the guild together and it was one of the most glorious Deity level RPs I've ever been a part of. Based largely off Dante's Inferno and D&D, I remember my first character, Vanslaz, fondly.

From there I got really big into anime, and started up a naruto RP. All OC, none of that playing existing character nonsense. At the time I had a halfway decent skill at playing villians. Mostly because everyone at the time wanted to be a hero, and without actual conflict things get stale. So I provided the conflict. I was allowed a high level PC and have many fond memories of all the shenanigans my PC ran around and caused for everyone before both his and my own departure from the guild and gaia.

Overall I spent about 4 years actively and thousands of posts. I met really good friends and one girlfriend that taught me the dangers of long distance relationships bahahaha.

It was an interesting time. I started in the guilds and ventured out for rp events like the Broken City, Triad and a few others, fighting tournaments like GTB and Heaven or Hell; over all I stuck with commerce threads and a few guilds. Crazy times, lots of arguments over petty shit.

Now their economy is broke, I have 1.6 billion gold and tektek says I'm worth another 10.

LOL RAVE! I was wondering the same thing there.

I probably spent about 4 years on gaia myself off and on. I joined a few guilds but was never really active in them. For the most part I just kept running into really horrible RPers. I don't think I really had a good experience there....well, except for the very first time I RPed with that group.

I do miss it and sometimes wonder what might have happened had that one girl lived. I think it might've turned into something truly epic.

Still, despite how horrible gaia became I do owe my love of RP to gaia and the group I met there.

I joined Gaia in...2001 and kept on it solid until 2009 and then flip-flopped between BM and Gaia for like a year or so probably haven't logged in for maybe a year?

But I mean, I loved Gaia. I learned how to Rp like no ones business there. And I'm talking going into Word and typing up at least two solid pages of text.

But then I wanted something more grown up, and left since it became infested.

Yeah, I remember Gaia. I was there for a long, long time. I still go back once in a while to see if I can find some fun people to roleplay with. Usually I do, but they disappear before long.

Anyway, Gaia is just another tool in my belt to find a good RP since there's still a LOT of people that go there. I can't hate on it too much for getting me some awesome roleplays and even better friends.

I met a few good people on Gaia and did some really fun roleplays but the bulk of my Rping started on Animenation Forums before gaia was a thing xD Im pretty sure a friend from AN got me on gaia.

I never got into role playing on Gaia, I enjoyed the avatar building amongst itself.

You can add me though. c: My username is: Nyan Fart

Ah, Gaia. I used to roleplay there back when I was a complete n00b. My first character ever was a schizophrenic, alcoholic socialite who was kicked out of her family estate by her father. Good times, good times. I tried to roleplay there last year after a few years hiatus, but my character was a bit.... trashy for the pg-13 rating. Keeping him tame bored me, so I quit. Pity, as he was really popular, lol.

I was introduced to Gaia in 2007. I found a single great partner after two years but now I can't stand going on there. I loved the avatar building but now they offer these gold generators so the marketplace has crashed and what used to cost 1,000G in the market costs 100,000G. The lack of creativity and willingness to explore darker themes caused me to split a couple of years back. Not to mention the PG13 rule was hard to follow when wanting to create a good role play. Definitely more for kids than adults.

Such a stupid way to word that rule, too. I once collected a list of R-rated 'themes' - You know, the little box, you see under a rating? 'This film is rated R for Graphic Sexual Content, Elephant Explosions, and More Fucks Than Your Body Has Room For'. All of those reasons a movie is rated R. And reported, just... Everyone. For a while, I reported every single person I saw doing any of the things on my list.

I was eventually told to knock it the fuck off by a mod. In the following conversation, I learned that they didn't have the manpower for the site already, and my report storm was apparently drawing the wrong attention to that fact. Learning that the staff themselves didn't give a shit about the rules is what sent me completely off the deep end and led to my next, uh, few dozen bans.

Lol. Yeah. The new CEO is just a money hungry jerk off and they are losing a lot of members. The only rule they really enforce now is the one where you can't mention staff or the name of the CEO. Last time I went on site feedback, say six months ago, there were complaints upon complaints about gold generators. And for good reason. 15 billion might as well be chump change on that site. Lol. I have found a great niche here. Been here sine January and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom