Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yo ho..or something (Candira and Mike the Bloodwolf)

Candira

Singularity
Today was not her day. She was supposed to come along on this voyage to help a new merchant get himself set up so that trading with her family would be easier. She was supposed to help figure out displays, time tables and record keeping. In fact, she was supposed to have stayed until the next of her family's ships came in and then come back to be introduced to the world. Plans had been made, people had been informed. How was it that everything could have gone so wrong?

Caterina wasn't sure if she would make it to the port town at all, let alone get off the boat alive. She had been reviewing her inventory lists when the ship had sounded the attack bell. As a noble she'd only ever heard of pirates--never seen them. Oh, she knew well enough what they were and what they did, but the idea of seeing a real one was enough to make her panic. She tried to stay calm, but her future did not look bright at the moment.

The sailors took her to a small room that would probably be overlooked and locked her inside. The noises she heard on deck did nothing for her nerves. Swords, cannons, guns, thudding and crashing and the sounds of men screaming in pain, cursing or praying, and just crying out in the name of war. And then....it was eerily silent. She put her hand to her mouth and held back terrified tears as she realized that her crew had lost. No one had been left alive... Only she was left, and they would not be merciful to her.

She stayed very still, quiet as possible, and soon, she heard men scuffling about, coming into the depths of the ship, searching for their bounty. She was found inside of five minutes. The terrified woman screamed as they roughly grabbed her and hauled her away, despite her feeble and, ultimately, futile resistance. Her green dress was wrinkled, her chocolate brown locks mussed from their handling of her. Deep blue eyes widened in terror as the captain raked his lustful gaze over her luscious form. Full breasts, hips that hypnotized, and long legs, though they were covered at the moment, led to fantasies that the captain made no attempt to hide. He chuckled as he came closer and she tried to back away. The circle of men around her tightened and she struggled to stay on her feet, to watch all of them, but they made no move.

"Well, lassie, they kept ye hidden well. Thought we wouldn't find ye, did they? Mmm, a treasure such as yourself should be shared with the world," he growled, earning cheers and laughter from the rest of his crew. "Tis awful lonely on the sea, miss. And you," he said, pulling her closer, running his dirty, bloody hand down her face, to her neck and lower. "You are a sight for sore eyes. You wouldn't want my men to go on without the comfort of a woman, would ye?"

Caterina stood there, rooted to the spot and absolutely terrified. She trembled, her eyes tearing in shame as he touched her, held her close, teased her while his men watched like gleeful idiots. "Please, let me go," she whimpered, knowing that it was futile. "Please don't kill me, please let me be..."

"Why, Missy, I'm wounded. Killing ye would be a waste. We just want to spend some time with ye. Of course, I would be gentle with ye, but I can't speak for me crew. Unless, that is, you only want me?" More laughter. Why, oh why, had she been sent? She bravely held back tears as she steeled herself, her blue eyes wandering up to meet the captain's gaze.

"Please don't do this..."

And then, a cannon ball ripped through the hull of the ship and she was thrown off her feet, along with just about every other pirate on board. She scrambled to her feet, trying to run, but the captain caught Cat around her waist and held her to him as he started barking orders. She wasn't strong enough to break free, but she was trying her damnedest. Had the navy come? Would she be saved?

More cannon fire rip though ship destroying the gunpowder storage and destroying the masts and preventing the ship from escaping before hook were fired and one of them went straight though a pirate chest and tore him of the ship before even more shot were fired destroying the cannons next. Though the smoke and destruction of the ship, came another Pirate ship with a young man with a hood covering his face and his body at the helm of the ship as Pirates began to shiver as they saw this man. They began talking scared as Cat cat would hear the name Assassin of the high seas and death bringer.

The young man then smirked before he ran and leaped onto a rope which sent him onto the now badly damaged and crippled ship. He span in the air before his hidden blade came out as he killed two pirates before he smirked as he looked up at the Captain and said in a very sarcastic but charming tone "Hello my old friend", he drew his duel blades before he killed two Pirates that tried to attack him. He whistled loadly as the sounds of shouting and cheering answered it before more and more of his crew began to land on the ship

More of his crew, came onto the ship as they killed off more and more of the pirates as they soon began to form around the captin as more slaves were freed and they joined the man crew before Mike said to the captain "You have nowhere else to run now"

The initial attack had jarred her, but the rest was just as terrifying as what she'd just been through. Except now, she had images to go with the sound of slaughter. She gasped as she saw the hooks shoot through the men who'd been left standing and tried desperately to free herself. The captain finally let go of her when the hooded figure the men had spoken of killed two pirates at once. She scrambled away, not bothering to try to get up, watching in fear. Just how many pirates were going to attack her ship today?

Looking around her told her that staying out of the way was for the best, so she hurried to her feet and practically flew to the mast, taking cover behind it as blood washed over the deck and men died all around her. What was she supposed to do now?

Meanwhile, the captain had his sword out, he struck, despite his shaking hand. He took down a few of the men around him, but his fight was futile and he knew it. Still, he held his ground. "Ye think ye can take me, demon?"

The young man chuckled lightly as he said "Honestly, I already have won". With that there was the sound of a Swirl cannon ball fire straight into the captain. The young man ship had the more powerful items money could buy as he had done a lot of jobs over the years which had helped him with the funds. His quartermaster came up behind Cat and touched her shoulder as he said "stay silent and quite, the captain has asked you be brought to safety on our ship. The yoiung man walked up to the captain and would start a duel between him if he ether avoided the cannon or not a lot of damage was done to him. The captain was well trained in the art of duel wielding.

The captain managed to avoid the canon fire for the most part. He had leapt out of the way and landed a few feet back on a broken board. He fell and twisted his ankle, flinching and holding back a sound of pure pain. He clutched his sword, still facing off with the arrogant fighter. "We'll see, won't we?"

As Cat watched, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Frozen, she nearly stopped breathing as the man spoke. Out of the fire and into the frying pan. Or as that the other way? Regardless, she didn't have much of a choice. She took a deep breath and swallowed, turning slowly, nodding at the man as she tried to keep it together.

The young captain span round and fired off three shot at his foe aiming for his kneecaps and feet, He would then slam a smoke bomb into the ground to make it look like he had vanished though he would appear right behind the other man aiming to slice up his spine to cause as much damage as he could. He had been looking for this man for a long time and he was thankful he had him cornered now.

The Quartermaster nodded back to her before he took her in his arms and quickly got her over to the other ship while the rest of the crew had been setting up explosive in the other ship, All they need was the command and the captain safely back on board before they would blow up the ship.

It was too fast, even for someone as skilled as the captain. He was dead before he hit the ground, but not before feeling a tremendous amount of pain. The last the he saw was the woman he'd been roughing up before the attack. She was being carried away, and he could only come up with one thought. Figures.

Caterina allowed herself to be carried off by the pirate because she had nowhere else to run even if she wanted to fight. Still terrified, she held into the man until he set her down, safely aboard the vessel that had attacked last. She stayed out of the way of the men, near enough to the man who'd brought her over to seek his aid immediately if necessary. She might have fainted by now, but she suspected the shock was keeping her extraordinarily calm under the circumstances. What was going to happen to her now?

Once the captain returned to his ship, and the ship was moved to a good distance, The explosion happen blowing apart the old captain ship, all his valuables were now on the new man ship. The Quartermaster showed the captain the young girl which he nodded and he removed his hood to revile to the girl a young Ruggedly handsome man with Blonde hair and golden blue eyes, he smiled at her a very charming smile as he asked "You are a beautiful young girl, though the blood on you has counter some of that. Anyway, my name is Michael Fertar or Mike as the rest of the crew call me. I am the captain of the Draco Surfer which is this ship. The man who rescued you is my Quartermaster Adwel and may I ask your name?"

There was a word for what she was feeling. What was it?

Caterina was numb at that particular moment. Nothing around her seemed real. The death of her former crew, the pillaging of her ship, the vile way she'd been handled by the men who'd overtaken her, not to mention the swift doom of her captor and his crew--surely it was all a nightmare. As they sailed away from the ship she'd been calling home for the past month, she wondered if this was just a part of the dream, too. Her rescuer left her for a moment as her home was blown to pieces.

Initial surprise, and a scream to boot, but no other reaction. Catatonic? No, that wasn't right...

She didn't move as the captain came forth to introduce himself. Staring straight at him, she struggled to form coherent thoughts. He was handsome. How was that possible? Surely her mind had invented him to save her from the horrifying nightmare she'd just gone through. But then why didn't he know her name? Then, before she could stop it, her legs gave out and she was on her knees. It had all been real, hadn't it?

Ah, yes, stupified. And before she could form even the fist letter of her name, she fainted, the shock of it all finally catching up to her.

When she looked dumbfound for the longest time, Mike was about to say something to her again but instead he never had to as she fainted right infront of him. The rest of the crew looked at the Captain wondering what he was going to do about this, Mike was silent in though for sometime before he picked her up in his arms and carried her to his cabin as he told the rest of the crew she was off limits as he wanted her to relax so he laid her down in the bed and made sure to leave her clean clothes and a way to bath herself when she woke up before he went back to the ship and began tp go towards Great iguana bay.

Caterina woke about an hour later, feeling groggy and disoriented. The swaying of the ship was about the only thing that made sense...until she remembered that this wasn't her ship. She gasped and sat up quickly, looking around her...only to fall right back down--too dizzy to handle that kind of speed. That's right. She was on board the pirate ship--the second one that had attacked her vessel in one day. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. Oddly, she felt emptiness, rather than sadness. An eery calm instead of despair steered her now.

There was simply nothing she could do about what had happened to her. All those poor men...they had known the risks when they'd become sailors for her father. And her father had been well aware of the risks posed to his daughter when he sent her on this mission. Granted, he hadn't been sending her terribly far away, but it was still quite a risk he'd taken with her life, knowing that she wouldn't be able to refuse him.

Sighing, she opened her eyes and looked around the room. It looked clean, and actually rather large for a cabin. Did this belong to the captain then? The captain...he was a handsome man. He'd been kind to her--saved her. That didn't mean he didn't expect something in return for his kindness, however. She sat up and realized that the filthiest thing in the room was actually her. There was still blood on her fair skin, and now ash from the explosion, her hair was a mess, and her dress was in now better state.

"Fantastic..." She sighed and stood up, smoothing the covers on the bed she'd been on. Her eyes finally came upon the dress and bathing materials and she smiled softly. Well, at least he was thoughtful. It was best to hear out the captain first. Michael was it? He seemed like a reasonable man, if not a dangerous one. And if he'd wanted to he could have had his way with her by now. Best to trust him for the time being.

She took the ribbon that was just hanging in her hair and set it aside, using a brush to comb it out. Her silky hair fell in waves to the middle of her back. Surprisingly, it didn't smell bad, so she would skip washing it for now. After a quick wash, she slipped into the clean dress they'd left for her and found that it was a bit small in the bust. At least she wasn't naked. She wore a simple white dress which laced up in the front. She laced as much as she could, but an ample amount of cleavage was still showing. When she felt she was presentable again, and smelled clean, she put on her shoes and cracked open the door to peek into what appeared to be the room where the captain charted his course. It was nice that his sleeping quarters were somewhat separate from this relatively small room. It, too, was clean and orderly. What had she been expecting, really? Pirates were sailors, too.

Caterina made her way to the map and saw that the course had been laid out for Great Iguana Bay. Perhaps that's where they planned on selling the goods they'd stolen. Maybe there was a way she could negotiate a way off the boat or even safe passage to somewhere closer to her home or her father. She knew market value and how much to up the price or lower it depending on the clientele. Maybe it could work?

The woman timidly made her way toward the door and peeked out, hit with the dying rays of the sun. What was she supposed to do now?

"Ah so your awake now" A familer voice said to her as the captain looked at her as the door was open by the Mike who was topless and watching out at the sea while his quatermaster was stearing the ship. "So I see you liked the dress then, though I really should of thought a bit more about the bust hold. But you are a very beatuful girl, oh that reminds me. Are you hungry? The chef has been prepering good food for the longest time and he's very focused on his job". Mike walked up to her again and then said "Let me reintroduce myself to you, I am Captain Michael Fertar but everyone calls me Mike. May I ask your name?" Mike said to her in his charming tone.

She turned a very pretty rosy color when she saw the captain. It wasn't often she saw a handsome man like him without a shirt. My, but he was muscular. Handsome didn't seem like the right word. Sexy, was more like it, but saying so would have been...unladylike. She took a deep breath and smiled back at him, keeping her eyes firmly glued to his face. When he looked her over and called her beautiful, she turned another shade of pink--a bit deeper this time. It wasn't that she didn't receive compliments on her looks very often--in fact, she'd already been complimented enough by pirates to last her a long time--it was that a man like him was so openly interested in her.

"Oh, yes, thank you for the clean dress. You couldn't have known my size, really. I doubt you keep many dresses on hand, anyway. The fact that it isn't covered in ash or blood is enough to make me love it, despite...well, the openness." She chuckled, mentally kicking herself for rambling. "I am hungry, actually. I didn't expect to be after all this, but I am. If it's no trouble, I'd appreciate it." She kept smiling because she just didn't know what else to do. Caterina was well aware that it wasn't normal, and so she forced herself to relax a bit.

When he reintroduced himself, she offered her hand for him to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain--Mike," she corrected. "Though I wish it had been under somewhat...different circumstances. My name is Caterina Solise. You may call me Cat, if you like. Thank you, for saving my life. I can't thank you enough for your kindness."

Mike shook her hand as he said "Well you are very welcome Cat, here let me show the way to the mess hall where you can get some good food in you", Mike would then began to show her all around. Most of Mike's crew were dark skinned and some where a mixture between white and black, even Mike's chef was completely dark skinned as he turned to look at the young girl and his captain as he said "Morning Captain, I trust she is our newest members of the crew" Mike nodded to him and said "Yes, Her name is Cat and I would like you to cook her up something nice"

The chef nodded and whip something up for her and laid it out onto the table for her to enjoy

If she'd had to guess, Cat would have placed the origin of the crew mostly in the tropical isles, but she had no way of knowing that for sure, so she kept her mouth shut in that regard. She smiled pleasantly, sure to hold herself a bit so that her cleavage was a bit less ample. It was one thing to trust a man, it was another entirely to tempt him. At least, that was what the other sailors had said to her. Before...

Before she knew it she was standing in front of the chef. She smiled as he asked if she was part of the crew and the captain introduced her. She hadn't been expecting a great deal of elegance on the sea--there were only so many things you could keep fresh for so long. But the dish that was set in front of her looked delicious. Freshly cooked fish with what seemed to be freshened-up canned vegetables over what appeared to be porridge. "Thank you, sir. This looks wonderful."

When she tried it, the flavors were bright and crisp and delicious. Even the porridge, which she'd thought might be bland, had flavor and texture superior to any she'd had in the past. When she finished she thanked the chef, telling him that it was the best meal she'd had in some time. And it was.

Then she remembered what they'd said about being a member of the crew. What exactly did they mean, she wondered.

Mike smiled once she had eaten, he nodded to her as she praised the chef food, the chef thanked her for it before he went back to work. Mike nodded to her and lead her out onto the deck again where he took her back to his cabin and then sat down on his chair as he asked her "So what sort of skills do you have my dear? Great Iguna bay is where my mansion is so everyone can relax before we go to Port Royal which is a pirate port side town where we can sell a lot of our things so the ship can be upgraded". He smiled his charming smile at her as he gazed into her eyes.

Cat stood before him, holding herself a little nervously, hiding her cleavage a bit as the man asked her about her skills. Apparently, they were close to port. Maybe now was the time to negotiate. "Well, I am a merchant's daughter, sir. I know how to display goods and attract different kinds of clients. I know exactly what we carried on the ship with us in terms of my inventory. I know the market value of each item and how much or how little to give it away for. I am excellent as a salesperson, and I can sew a bit and know the basics of food preparation. I am sure I can be of use to you."

She paused for a moment, not really sure if she should ask about going home now or not. But there was no time like the present, she supposed. "Captain, I wonder..."

Before she could broach the subject further, the lookout was yelling about another ship in the vicinity. It looked as though it was a military patrol ship. Cat frowned, worried about what this meant for everyone. But maybe she could be of help here...

Mike looked up as he heard about it and he grab his assassin cloak and blades from the manikin that sat there before he said "Cat, I want you to go below decks and hide. I'm hopping we can try and avoid another battle since the ship already taken a beating from the last battle or you can follow me to the wheel. Honestly, its your choice". He then ran off outside his study and quickly rushed to the wheel.

"What's class is the ship, Lookman Loki?" Mike yelled to the lookout man as he began to turn the wheel to try and avoid the other shp. they were still about 4 hours away from the great Iguna bay port and Mike needed the ship to be ready and repaired before they headed out again in a few days. After all, the men needed rest and Mike now had Cat to take care of as well.

Though she wanted to help, Cat knew she would only be a hindrance in battle. She didn't know how to fight, and the captain was sure to worry. But maybe she could help another way...

Quickly, she came to the captain's side to share her plan. "Captain, I have an idea. What if I could convince them to leave? You did provide me with aid, and I think that if I explained that you saw a pirate attack and intervened to save me and offered to transport my goods, we could get rid of them without a fight. If you were to hide any other treasures you might have, it might work. I even have the papers here. All I need do is change a few names in your study."

Mike looked at her and then he looked back at the ship before he nodded and said "alright Cat, I'm trusting you on this". He then order his men to hide any pirate items so the ship would not find anything that could get them screwed over though there was always something ready in case the ship need to make a very speedy getaway. He looked at Cat and said "I hope this work my dear otherwise, we're going to have to take even more damage then we already have and it may make the ship dead if they hit the right spots"

"So long as you agree to take me and my goods to port, the law is on our side." She flashed him a bright smile and then rushed to the study to find and change the paperwork. She looked at herself in the mirror and straightened up a but, fastening the dress as well as she could. It was still too tight, but it would have to do. She arranged her hair as best she could, the brown locks naturally curled a bit as she gathered them over one shoulder. When she was done, Cat came to the deck with everything she needed to make her story work.

When the ships were next to each other, a military officer and two soldiers boarded. The officer was a brute of a man in gentleman's clothing. He had the muscle of two men, but the demeanor of an aristocrat. The moment he set eyes on Cat, he blushed a little and smiled. "Well, this is as surprise, lady. That a beauty such as you would be on board a ship like this..." One of the soldiers cleared his throat and the officer straightened up a bit. "Pardon me. My name is Admiral James Hughston. We are investigating the attack of a ship. It appears to have been blown up. We found many corpses and were sent to check ships in the area. We need to have a look in your cargo hold. If you could provide us with paperwork, and tell us anything you know."

Cat smiled at the admiral and took one of his large arms. "Oh, thank you sir! I'm so happy you found us! You see, I was aboard that ship..." And she launched into the explanation she had prepared. The admiral was wrapped around her finger by the time she was finished, though his eyes had a hard time staying on her face. He glanced at the documents and his men found only what she said they would, and so, reluctantly, Hughston let them go. When they sailed away, Cat sighed in relief, putting a hand over her heart.

"Thank goodness it's over."

Mike was deep in though before he looked at Cat and asked her "Cat, would you like to cover all our finacies?, you see as pirate we don't know the true value of everything we find and most of us don't really care much for fine art. However you have a really good eye for information, Of course there is one small thing. You would be sharing my cabin, if your ok with that of course". Mike gazed into her eyes as he wondered what she would say as if she could help them sell the stuff at a good price. Of course, he was still keeping the ship on course.

Mike's offer took Cat by surprise. The admiral had just left, and she was expecting a thank you at very best. What she had now, however, was a job offer. Her blue eyes widened a bit in shock and she felt the beginnings of a smile on her face. "Really? You want me to manage your finances?" Her mind raced to many different possibilities in terms of a fulfilling career, if a dangerous one. She wasn't sure how well she would do aboard a ship like this. And then he mentioned she would be sharing his cabin and her mind went blank for a moment.

"I...Well, I'll think about it. I'll certainly do it for you while I'm aboard your ship. I'd like to earn my keep somehow. Sharing a cabin will be a... new experience, but I don't think I'll mind too much." She smiled and blushed a little, realizing that there was no way to say it so that people couldn't take it the wrong way. "But yes, I'll help you. It's the least I can do for you." With that, she held out her hand to shake on it.

Mike chuckled lightly and shook her hand as he said "Well of course your have your own bed in the Cabin, I don't expect you to share with a Pirate Captain", Mike soon went back to the ship's wheel again getting it on the route where it need to go before his Quartermaster spoke to him "Captain, with the death of Captain Reltaron on that other ship. We have made this area safe for all other ships, Though there is still Captain Lisbeth, Captain Nigal and Captain Coltrana to deal with in the other areas so we can ensure the sea is safe for most ships". Mike nodded but pointed out "Adwale, we have no idea where those captain are hiding and everything. Besides, their templers generals apart from Lisbeth who the templer grand master. We need to repair and sell our stock". Adwale nodded and stood in silence now before Mike gaze returned to Cat. "Well Ms Cat, thanks to you we avoided more damage so your free to do what you want on the ship. If you wish to take a rest, then my cabin is yours or if you wish to check the stock, Talk to Kelvan who is guarding the stuff on the lower deck or you can stay up here and chat to Adwale"

Cat smiled, pleased that she had been able to help so far. "Thank you, Captain. For everything." When he mentioned Adwale again, she smiled and bowed her head respectfully to the quartermaster. "I'm sorry it's taken me so long to do this, but thank you so much, sir. I know you were just following orders, but I really appreciate what you did before. Thank you for keeping me safe and helping to rescue me from those other pirates." She smiled brightly at him and hoped that she would find a way to pay him back at some point.

Her attention slid away from the captain, though he was always at the back of her mind. He was a handsome man--a gentlemen, even. It made him difficult to stop thinking about. Especially considering the fact that they would be sharing a cabin soon. He valued her business acumen and talent and she was happy to lend him a hand. But she couldn't keep herself from wondering if it would ever be more than that. Once she'd finished speaking with Adwale, she decided to pay a visit to the cargo holds to check on her inventory. If she was going to get a good price, she had to see to it that it was all accounted for and undamaged.

Back
Top Bottom