Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two different Kinds (Gumdrop x Love)

PrincessGumdrop

Supernova
Oliver Green stared at the TV, he had almost dropped the glass he was cleaning and his mouth was dropped. It couldn't be him, could it? He continued to stare at the TV, finally moving over closer to it to stare at the man. It was. Oliver sat back and sighed before pulling out his cell and calling the number on the screen. He had to see him again, if only one more time.

Oliver had already waiting five years to see his first love again, but the one week waiting for the concert had seemed like another five years. After the concert Oliver waiting outside the backdoor to the concert hall. He wasn't allowed in and had been pushed around by the groupies. He didn't care though, waiting in the back of the line was fine with him, as long as he got to see him. "Nicky?" he questioned as soon as he saw the man, reverting back to the old nickname that he had used with the other.

It had been so long since he had seen Nicholas, he wasn't even sure if the other would recognize him. He was glad to see the other had made his rise to fame in just five years. Oliver could remember how he used to dance to the man's music and it was like he was falling in love all over again. But there was so much hurt from the beginning of their little romance that he couldn't help but remember it as well. "Nicky?" he called again, stepping forward in hopes the other would see him. He had to at the very least apologize for what he had done.

Nicholas couldn't stand those people in school.....all those...preps and jocks. And it had just been his luck that his childhood friend had grown into being one of those preps. He danced with them after school in their classes together, and he grew close to that group of bratty girls. While Nicholas had taken to his music classes, and well.....jerking off. Skipping class, and doing all those bad boy things.

He and Oliver had been flirting with each other for a long time. Sneaking away when Olivers friends weren't looking and hanging out. He had played his guitar and sang for Oliver, and he was the only one he sang alone with. Nicholas...was talented. He had a pair of lungs that rivaled an angel, and could play with the best of them. But.....that didn't seem to be enough to make Oliver stay.....

The shitty things his friends had to say about Nicholas, and the things his parents said about Nicholas....won. And Oliver stopped hanging out with him. Nicholas tried to act like it didn't bother him....but it did. He had tried to be close to this boy and they had...a deep connection that no one could understand. So, as he was left alone....he would prove to everyone he wasn't a loser. Working hard to get himself up and running in his music career...and his talent and good looks....took him far.

On a tour in a few cities in New York State, he had found himself walking out of the back of the building after the show. His band members walked out before him as they carried the music supplies and the people screamed to get their and Nicholas's attention. Smiling to his fans, he stopped and took pictures and signed things as the other band members and workers put things away in the touring van. Nicholas had grown even more handsome, and charming as he got older. But he kept hearing....his name. Nicky? Nicholas didn't get called that anymore....looking around...he noticed a face in the crowed and walked over.

"Oliver?" He asked the boy and looked slightly shocked. Reaching out to shake his hand on the other side of the rope. "Wow....Hey...." He said softly. A girl who was walking out with a bag noticed Nicholas over stepping the rope and looked annoyed by it. But let it go as she started to load the things onto the bus with the others.

It was all true though, he had listened to his preppy friends and his parents and while Nicholas made it to fame, he crashed down. He had been something when he was younger, but with ballet the older you got the worse off your career would get. He now was just a instructor at the same school that he was at before. His entire life back in high school was flashing before his eyes as the other reached out for him to shake his hand.

"H-hey." he said, glancing over to the girl that was walking past him. "How are you?" he asked, gesturing towards everything around them. "'Cuz it seems like this is pretty cool." he said, trying to make what he felt was an awkward situation into a normal one. He licked his lips after a little while, "could we...um...talk?" he asked, suddenly very aware of everyone that was staring at them, "probably in private?" he tried. Oliver wasn't even sure why he was here anymore, this meeting of their's was clearly not thought out very well but he wanted to talk to the guy thinking that after five years the man might have found in his heart to forgive him.

Nicholas remembered that happy little dancer....and he loved it. Yea, he hid his feelings for the boy around his family, but when they were alone he played for Oliver. Watching the boy dance to his music and his singing. They both had such talent that he thought....at one time...they could run away together and they would be famous together. But...that all came crashing down when Oliver didn't see him anymore......

Nicholas lied.....and said it didn't bother him..........it did. Alot. Alot more than he thought it would.

And there Oliver was, in the crowd. He was drawn to the boy, even though he felt his heart ache all over again and laughed lightly nervous. "Yea....yea....this is pretty fuckin cool...." He said, waving to the fans and shaking their hands as they screamed around them. Greeting them, but still staying be Oliver. He heard that Oliver wanted to talk and a part of him wanted to tell him to fuck off that he didn't want to talk.........but the other part of him was dieing to see his high school crush again. Licking his lips, he nodded.

"Yea....Um...There is a cafe just a block from here. Its called Hobbit Hole, so um, go there and I'll meet you there in an hour. Let me get things taken care of and I'll be there." He said, the girl walking up to him and pulling him down to whisper in his ear and tug on his arm to the van. "See you in an hour, ok?" He said as the girl tugged him harder and he walked off and on to the bus. The look on the girls face was annoyed....there was no denying that.

Oliver gave a soft smile, constantly glancing around him in the chaos of the fans. He couldn't help but feel jealous of all the fame that Nicholas had. He nodded, "right, I know the place well." he said, indicating that he had never left. "One hour. Okay." he said and gave a small wave as the other as he was pulled away by a very annoyed looking woman.

He headed off after a little while, trying to push through the crowd, without getting the shit beaten out of him by women who decided he was a threat, if only they knew. He ordered a tea and moved over to a seat that could be seen from the door. Oliver fidgeted in his seat and started to think about what he had seen. Could that woman be his girlfriend? Or maybe she was just a manager. Hopefully she was just a manager...he shook his head, what did he care? It wasn't like Nicholas was going to take him back anyway.

Oliver frowned a little bit at his tea and took a sip as he waited for Nicholas to show up, closing his eyes as he slipped into memories of his past with Nicholas. He still remembered the night he had come out to his parents, he had never told Nick about it. He wanted to have his family accept him for who he was, but his family wanted something else for him. He sighed remembering how his father had practically thrown him out, and the pamphlet for that camp they wanted him to go to. He had suffered alone and took it out on Nick because he couldn't handle it anymore, he needed his family's support.

Nicholas smiled when Oliver agreed to seeing him later when he had some time to talk and catch up.....without fan girls and boys screaming all around him. "Alright, cool...." He said as he was starting to be pulled away by the woman. Turning to look at her, she seemed to snap at him but the words weren't heard as they got on the bus. Nicholas seemed to not really like being snapped at, and snapped back before the bus doors shut.

He got everything set, with him and the band unwinding. Taking showers, and talking on their phones. Some of them were talking to each other and enjoying some drinks. Nicholas on the other hand was filling out some paper work and ignoring the shitty comments the women was making. Her name was MacKenzie. And she was....something else really. She was Nicholas's girlfriend...yes. But, that was always really off and on.

Once he showered and looked nice he put on some presentable clothing, and made sure he looked nice before he headed out. Some of his band mates going out as well to the bars and things like that. Taking the groupies and their girlfriends with them. MacKenzie bitching the whole time that she would be alone, but Nicholas ignored her. It was a "friend" He hadn't seen in a long time...and wanted to catch up.

Walking into the cafe he saw Oliver and took a deep breath........the boy was still....just so handsome. And he made Nicholas melt, but he stood strong and walked up Oliver. With a smile he sat down. "Hey...." he said softly, biting his lower lip.

Oliver looked up when he heard the man say hey, knocked out of his memories. He gave a small smile, "Hey..." he said and back took another sip of his tea. He figeted with the cup and looked back down to it again, "Um...so..." he trailed off and took a deep breath, "I don't really know how to bring this up, so I suppose I should just blurt it out or something like that." he licked his lips "Look...about...about back then." he started off. "I'm sorry." he whispered, looking up slightly to Nicholas.

"I was dumb and young...and I just, I had no where else to turn, not that any of that is an excuse, I just...you know?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "I'm sorry." he repeated, "I don't expect forgiveness I guess, I just felt like I should apologize to you." he played with his cup again.

Oliver started talking and really Nicholas just listened, his fingers touching over the little cafe menu and he sighed. Oliver was sorry....hah. Nicholas had been so bound around Olivers little finger as teenagers. He would have done anything for him, and that included coming out to his parents. But things didn't got that way. The boys had only kissed, and messed around a bit....both to shy to do anything more even if they wanted to....or scared of their own actions and feelings.

Nodding slowly, he licked his lips and wouldn't really look at Oliver. Now was his chance to tell the guy to fuck off, and how much he hurt him. To make him fall for him only to not come out to his parents and breaking off their friendship just because of how he dressed and acted?! He took a deep breath and looked up slowly once Oliver stopped rambling, showing he was nervous and honestly sorry.

"......You really hurt me....." He said softly, biting his lower lip. "I thought that....you know....you might have wanted to be my boyfriend or something back then....." He laughed abit "But I was foolish to think that.....Thank you for your apology. I'm sorry that....I wasn't better for you to stick around...." He looked out the window and coughed to clear his mind and actions. "...You're looking well though...." Blue eyes looked back with a soft smile "Just as handsome as I thought you would be at our age..."

He was trying to be nice and get away from the subject of the pain. He didn't really talk about it all that much, with anyone. This was the person he needed to talk to it about and he couldn't really seem to bring himself to do so.

Oliver closed his eyes when the other explained how much he hurt him. His heart still ached for the other. Even after all those years, he still ached for the other. He fidgeted in his seat and eyed the other. "I suppose I'm well." he said, "moved out a couple of years ago, I'm still at the studio." he said, giving a sad smile. "I always told you, you were the one with the talent." he sighed.

He licked his lips and looked away from him, "I um..." he started and stopped again, "I...I wanted to talk to you about it all and you come out with 'thanks, so how are you?'" he asked, looking a tad annoyed. "Jesus, I never want to hurt you. Ever. That was...I mean, God, Nicky if I hadn't, I would have...my parents would have..." he stopped again. "Anyway, um, you look like you have a lovely, girlfriend?" he asked.

Back
Top Bottom