Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossing Paths (BlisteredBlood & CutePhoenix)

Deadman honestly didn't know just what to think of this female android. In some ways, she could be one of the most confounding nonhumans he had ever known. It wasn't bad enough he had to deal with Daryl and his shenanigans from time to time, but now he had to deal with a android that was - at least, that was what he was thinking anyway, but couldn't be too sure - flirting with either one of them. She was definitely an odd one, he knew that much. But maybe - just maybe - he could once and for all unravel Adriana's little mystery. It would have to come at a later date, of course. Maybe when the trio eventually got into the safe zone and Daryl was sleeping, maybe he could figure her out himself.

Daryl was just as much at a loss for words with this female cyborg as his cybernetic counterpart. On the one hand, Adriana was asking about what the feeling was like, but on the other, he couldn't help but wonder who she was throwing that flirt out to. Was it to him or was it to Deadman? Again, neither of them could figure her out.

After the two began to get back on the move, Deadman recalibrated their current location and the location of the safe zone, which turned out to be about 500 feet from them now, indicated when it began to show up on his radar as a small green blip in the form of a house on his mobile radar.

"Well, we are not far from our intended destination, fellow travelers. I'm picking up the location of the safe zone now." Deadman eventually spoke as he pointed in the direction of where to go.

"That is good. It is about time for me to shut off so that my databanks can assimilate all the information I've come across today. It is basically, my equivalent of sleep. If I go too long with out this shut down, then I experience malfunctions." Adriana explained as they continued along. She could go a little while after the required shut down time and not be too affected, but the longer she goes without it, the more she'll be affected. Though, since it's never happened before, she herself has no clue what kind of malfunctions would happen.

"You might as well go into sleep mode right now and save yourself the trouble." Daryl suggested. "Besides, I think Deadman's just as capable with carrying the load for the rest of the way for us." He added with a reassuring nod of his head.

"That might be a good idea. Following this, I can carry you the rest of the way. Besides, my scanners haven't come across any possible threats as far as I can tell." Deadman answered with a nod of his own. "And the sooner we can all get there, the better as far as you're concerned."

"There's really no need. Based on the distance from here, and our current speed, we'll arrive at the place before I need to shut down. Even if we don't, I can function properly for a while after the required time. So, unless something drastically alters how long it'll take us to get there, I can easily make it the rest of the way." Adriana explained. It was the truth. Not to mention, she didn't want to be a burden either, to either one of them.

"You may have a point Adriana, but I insist. Besides, it will be no burden to me whatsoever." Deadman answered with a reassuring nod of his head as he continued walking. "Besides, I think we'll be safe for the rest of way there."

"I kinda know where he's getting at." Daryl spoke. "Besides, there's no telling how long you've been active for, so it might be in all of our best interest if you just when into a low power state just until we get there. After we spend about a few hours in town, you should be right as rain by the time we're ready to go."

"What were to happen if our scans were wrong and enemies are closer than we had predicted. Having me disabled and you carrying would ensure that we'd all suffer serious injuries." Adriana replied. Flirty, cute and apparently stubbornly free willed. She certainly seemed to want to walk the rest of the way herself and not have them carry her. Like she said, something could happen between now and when they got there, and when she shut down, she couldn't control when she came back online. It was pre-programmed to be for a couple of hours. So if they did get ambushed, she'd be zero help at all and completely vulnerable for quite a while. Being vulnerable.........not something she liked.

Eventually, arguing with the female android was only going to further aggravate both Deadman and Daryl, but the both of them could see Adriana's point. However, the one thing that couldn't be argued was Deadman's scanning capabilities, for they were proven correct at least 98.5% of the time. The only times when it wasn't correct was when the crimson cyborg's scanning abilities were damaged, jammed or otherwise interrupted through some odd manner. Eventually, Deadman shrugged before he spoke. "Fair enough, Adriana. We'll try it your way, but it doesn't appear to me that we'll be dealing with much in terms of trouble at the given moment nor do we expect trouble for at least a good two miles to the northwest." He said.

"Well, enough with the jabbering, you guys. We got a temporary room and board to get to!" Daryl spoke with a grin.

((How much farther in do you want to go before we have out first sex scene? I got an idea for her and Daryl to get busy this first night, but I remember you saying you wanted Deadman to be her first.))

Adriana simply nodded before continuing on in silence. As they went on, she ran over all the new things she had learned today. From the more serious stuff, to the menial stuff, to their intimate discussion over sex. Though, she was more interested in anything to do with emotions and being human, which did include info over sex. If that was part of being human, she would definitely wish to experience it herself. But, she didn't exactly know how she would go about that.

(Well, I can always do a time skip and have them arrive in town? Furthermore, I can have Daryl step out and go look around for something pertinent for Deadman while he's busy downloading something into Adriana's C drive, if you catch my drift! XD)

After some time, the trio would eventually arrive in the safe zone some several moments later. The small town seemed to have just about the essentials the three would need for their temporary stay here before packing up and moving on once more to somewhere else. Where their true destination is, none of them would ever make it clear. Perhaps it was out of fear that someone would attempt to try and track them down easier or maybe even try and cut them off before they would even arrive.

Upon arrival, Deadman brought a hand up to his hip and looked about for a moment, wondering where it could be they could all stay at tonight. He knew there was a temporary flophouse where Daryl could stick around inside of while anything robotic or mechanical were stored in a garage nearby. That's what his thoughts had turned to mostly, for he knew that uploading a new file into his neural network required that he had to go into sleep mode while the update commenced. It was a bit of a pain, but it had to be necessary for any file to properly work.

After a little looking around, Deadman soon noticed the garage near an inn. It didn't look like much, but at least it would suffice in allowing the crimson cyborg to at least rest himself for the time being.

Daryl looked about for a moment before he spotted a small grocery store , grinning a bit before he spoke. "Alrighty guys. I'm gonna go grab myself something to munch on. You guys need anything?" He asked, pointing to both Deadman and Adriana.

The crimson cyborg only shook his head in reply before he said, "Negative. Only thing I need is a little bit of rest first. Perhaps later on I will require something." He answered.

"Alright, how about you, Ade?" Daryl then asked.

((So, she'd bang Deadman then? How so? Perhaps a heat of the moment type thing? Not exactly friendly towards one another, but one thing leads to another........I could definitely see Daryl walking in after it's done, or perhaps right in the middle of it.^_^))

"No thanks." Adriana replied, smiling and laughing lightly at the nickname. She quite liked it. First nickname she ever had. Small gesture, but one that was very important to her. To her, it kind of meant that she was one of them. To belong somewhere, to be part of something special..........something she had wanted for a while, and perhaps, would finally get. Still, these three had just met, and Deadman, while polite and courteous towards her, wasn't exactly mister friendly like Daryl. Truth be told, Adriana had gotten a bit of what one mind call a little crush on Daryl.

(That's what I'm thinking. ^_^)

"Alrighty, then." Daryl nodded with a smile. "That being said, I'm gonna go grab myself something to munch on while we're here and you two can go and get yourselves all settled in somewhere. Besides, I know you guys have been up and running around for who-knows-how-long, so maybe we can all settle down here for about a couple days before we get back on the move once again." He added with a nod of his head once more then smiled again at the two of them.

"Sounds reasonable to me, I believe." Deadman answered with a nod of his head. "I saw a garage where mechanical and robotics can be stored for a while just over there." He added as he pointed out his destination. "I'll take Adriana over there so the both of us can rest up for a bit while you go and do whatever it is you humans do." He added before turning in that direction and began to walk.

Adriana smiled sweetly at Daryl before following after Deadman. Crush on him indeed. Though, she didn't dislike Deadman or anything. He had his redeeming qualities. It's just that she was social, and so was Daryl. So, she was just drawn to him out of circumstance. If it was the other way around with Deadman being social and Daryl not, she'd have a crush on Deadman then. She just reacted very well to be treating the way Daryl was treating her. A kind word or gesture would go along way with her.

During the walk over to the garage, Deadman looked back at Adriana every once in a while, but not in the way he used to look at her before. Rather, he had grown accustomed to having her around. There were occasional doubtful moments he had in his mind, but the more that he thought about it, what was there about her that could be considered harmful when all she is nowadays was just someone that was lost and couldn't find her way back? In a weird way, Deadman could find a lot about her that he could relate to. For one, it had been god knows how long since he had been this way and had no recollection as to who he was. Or where, for that matter.

After a bit, Deadman eventually began to speak. "You know Adriana..." He began after some carefully considered thought. "I wanted to apologize for how I behaved back there a few hours ago. I know I was a little bit harsh, but all I wanted to do was be on the lookout for any potential problems." He explained.

"Do not worry yourself over it. I would have done the exact same thing in your position." replied the female, smiling to show she really did accept his apology and did not take any offense to his earlier treatment of her.

"After all, I did just come out of nowhere while you two were in the middle of being pursued by someone dangerous. It's wise to act as you did." she added, nodding her head lightly.

Nodding in agreement, Deadman understood her position clearly. After all, she did come out of nowhere while he and Daryl were simply victims of circumstance. "I appreciate that, Adriana." He answered with a gentle smile of sorts.

"Anyways, we'll be where we need to be soon. So while we're on our way there, why not tell me a bit about yourself." The crimson male offered.

"Such as what?" Adriana asked. For obvious reasons, she didn't really have any experience in talking about herself in casual situations such as these. Giving status reports to her creators back on her home planet really didn't count. Other than that, noone had really asked her about herself before. So frankly, she had no clue what she was suppose to say in response. And with how socially akward she was to begin with...

Wow. That backfired. Deadman thought as he itched the back of his helmet in thought for a moment. "I am not sure, but you can tell me anything you would like to discuss. I am open to anything, really." the male cyborg answered with a shrug of his shoulders as he continued to walk beside her.

Hearing him, Adriana just kind of stared at him. She wasn't confused or anything. She was just thinking of what to talk about. She wasn't like a human who made gestures when deep in thought. So, she'd probably come off as a bit odd and maybe a little creepy as she just looked ahead without blinking.

"My planet was alot like this one. Just, more technologically advanced." she suddenly blurted out, figuring mentioning where she came from would work, as he had wondered about it earlier.

Deadman arched a brow when he heard this from Adriana before looking over to her. "About how many years ahead is your planet compared to the technology you see here? Care to give a estimate?" He asked before looking to their intended destination which wasn't very far from them now.

Taking a moment, Adriana looked around at the various things around them, scanning them in an attempt to estimate, which included Deadman.

"I'd say several tens of thousands of years. Maybe more, maybe less." she replied, giving her honest estimate of what she had seen of this planet so far compared to the tech from her own planet.

"Interesting." Deadman answered with an acknowledging nod of his head when he heard her reply. "It sounds interesting to visit one day once we achieve interstellar transport." He added with a smile on his face for a moment before his expression then became one of thought. "Perhaps after this whole mess blows over and each country can get on with their lives." He commented, his tone becoming frustrated.

"Not really. It is not the most pleasant place for artificial lifeforms to visit, like you and me. On my world, there's basically three fields that artificial beings are forced into. Combat, like me. Menial labor, and sexual work. Even the ones that became aware enough to make their own choices either get shut down permanently, or reprogrammed." Adriana explained.

"Now, not everyone is like that. There is a large movement back on my planet fighting for rights for artificials, but our government is very oppresive, so they haven't made much if any progress. But, if you do wish to visit other planets, I can think of a number of other ones that would make for great trips. Just.........we'd have to stay away from my home system for the obvious reasons." she then added.

Deadman only arched an eyebrow once more when he heard this from Adriana. So robotic beings like him and her were only suited for the same things as they were now, if not in the same capacity according to how he summarized it. But at the same time, he was somewhat pleased that there was a group of people that believed in protecting robotic beings like him. Something along the lines of what Daryl was trying to do. It was funny to him - even though he didn't exactly laugh - not to mention noble at the same time.

"You'll find that Earth is a lot like your homeworld, Adriana. Despite its fallacies and such, it really is a pleasant place to live." He answered with a smile.

"True, my homeworld is a beauitful planet actually. Just........not a good place to live for people like us. At least, not yet. Perhaps if I ever get back, things will have changed and our kind will be accepted there as equal beings." Adriana replied, smiling lightly. Acceptance for who and what she was.........it was something she wanted more than anything else. And with Daryl and Deadman, she was finally getting that wish.

"Well, it appears we have something in common as our counterparts have put it. Considering that our cultures are light years apart, anyway." Deadman answered with a small smile on his face before shrugging his shoulders slightly as the two came upon the garage a short while later. Once they were there, Deadman paused for a moment as the doors opened.

"Well, here is where we will rest ourselves for the time being Adriana. It does not appear to be much, but at least it will give our respective operating systems a rest." He commented before he stepped inside.

Back
Top Bottom