Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossing Paths (BlisteredBlood & CutePhoenix)

Adrana immediately did as he asked as she took the cable he offered. With her systems, it didn't like to do a full analysis and set up the proper precautions.

"I am ready." she said, looking at the end of the cable, scanning it before a small little square opened up on the headband like thing she wore before she reached up and placed the end of the able inside. The transfer started immediately, which caused her to flinch lightly. Nothing was wrong and she wasn't in pain or anything. It was what always happened when she transfered files this way. Perfectly normal. She was surprised to find that while his systems were quite different in comparison to hers, they were still quite compatible. So much so in fact, the transfer took even less time than she had estimated. When it finished, she withdrew the cable and offered it back out to him.

"When you activate it, you will be able to choose how it displays. From a rudimentary map of the area and a flashing dot to indicate my position, to something more complex that would depend on your internal imaging capabilities." she said, sounding rather polite when she spoke to him for once.

Nodding in confirmation, Deadman closed his eyes as information from her operating system was now being passed into his secure connection. Quite shockingly, it appeared to him that despite some language barriers he had to bypass and/or decipher according to her binary code, their operating systems were almost identical to one another in terms of compatibility. It was a bit difficult to sort out what was what, but he soon came upon the correct file he needed. "File found. Download commencing... Now." He said in a calm voice.

Once the download commenced, Deadman's arm gauntlet gave out a high pitched whine of sorts and the crystal on his helmet began to blink a little more rapidly, causing the crimson cyborg to jerk a bit slightly out of reaction. It wasn't entirely anything to worry about or anything, for accepting file transfers happened this way. Daryl was usually unsettled by this, despite he was often told by his cyborg counterpart that everything was just fine.

Soon after the transfer was completed, Deadman now had the file in question stored in his memory banks, ready for usage when he then felt Adrana sever the connection between the two of them by unplugging the cable from her headband. When the serial cable was offered back to him, Deadman simply held his right gauntlet up and gave it a quick up and down jerk, making the cable zip right back into its hiding place in his arm.

From there, he then followed Adrana's instructions as to how the file she gave him worked, settling for the basic map of the area for the moment. For some of the more complex areas, he would have to really put that file to the test since it was now under a new owner. Soon after, a section of a translucent sky blue visor came down over his right eye, enabling him to coordinate the program into his radar systems as seen on a virtual HUD display. Surprising still, he found the file to be right at home with his neural networking systems.

"Hm. Interesting." Deadman mused aloud once he triangulated the new file to a new specification. "I could have been working on a primitive dial-up system and even then I would still be able to put this to good use." He remarked as the section of the visor slid back under his helmet. "Still, it works no matter what specs it's under." He concluded once everything was squared away.

"Whew. You had me worried for a moment, Deadman. You always scare me whenever you do that." Daryl spoke, heaving a sigh of relief.

((Sorry for not posting for a few days. Still do enjoy the RP, just been busy and what not. If I can't get a new post in today, I'll get one tomorrow or over the weekend.))

"When he does what?" Adrana asked curiously. She obviously did not understand much about social reactions, so it was no surprise that she could not figure out what he meant. She had some understanding in the matter, but not enough to really make her very sociable. Made her curious beyond belief, but that was about it. But, she was a learner. Spend enough time around them or other humans and she'd pick it all up before long. Just a matter of when, not a matter of if really.

"Nah, I always get nervous whenever Deadman wraps up with a download of some sort or another. It always bothers the hell outta me when he does that blinking thing with his helmet." Daryl answered Adrana's curious question. "The only thing that sets me at ease about is if he speaks after the transfer's completed." He added.

Nodding sagely, Deadman responded, "You honestly worry far too much about me, Daryl. I know I might have been a recently activated cyborg, but there are times when you need to put a little more - of what you call - faith in me." He said before crossing his arms in front of his battle vest and turning his head off to the side for a moment and aiming a sideways glance at him. "In any case, we should be leaving soon. We've dallied on for long enough." He added once more in a slightly stiff tone before looking away.

"I concur on both parts." Adriana replied, referring to Daryl worrying too much, and the need for them to get moving. She would have left by now, but considering she knew nothing of the area, or the planet in general, it was in her best interest to follow these two. So, she didn't have much of a choice but to wait for them to decide on their next destination.

((Sorry for the shortness, drew a blank.))

(Quite alright. ^_^)

"I'll lead. Before we came back here, there was a few heat signatures that I picked up on not more than two miles from here." Deadman said, pointing a thumb back at himself for a moment before pointing out the direction of where he found the alleged soldiers. "Adrana, I'll need you to be on Daryl's flank in case if we get caught in a pincer situation." He then pointed to her.

"That would work," Daryl answered. "Besides, you guys are the ones with the gadgetry while I'm just a guy who hangs around and fixes them." He added with a shrug of his shoulders and chuckling.

"In any case, the safe zone is only a quarter of a mile from here due southeast. It'll be a long trek no doubt, but at least we'll be able to lay low there for the time being." Deadman answered as he then turned around and began to walk.

Adriana listened intently, saying nothing, little nods of her head showing that she understood the plan. As suggested, she took up Daryls flank.

"What is this......safe zone he mentioned?" she asked Daryl in a soft tone, knowing better than to speak loudly when they were trying to remain hidden. Afterall, she was created for situations such as these, so she knew how and when to keep absolutely quite. The possible threats were far enough away that there could be some quite chat amongst the unique trio.

"For one," Daryl answered in the same tone. "It's a place where we can gather supplies that'll last us at least a week at best. Since you're now a part of the group, I'll need to see what I can gather for someone with the kind of tech you have." He remarked as he itched the back of his head in thought for a moment. "For two, it's one of those places that no one can seem to find and with good reason. The less anyone knows about it, the better off the rest of us can be."

Deadman looked over his shoulder for a moment as he walked, somehow growing a little suspicious that he was telling the female android of what to expect once they arrived at their destination. But for now, he had to settle himself down for the moment and play the role of leader for the time being.

Adriana could certainly tell that Deadman was still highly suspicious of her, and she wasn't surprise considering the circumstances. But since she had no intention of doing anything to hurt them, she cared very little about his suspicions. Not like she could force him to change. But for now, with Darly being much more open to her, she was kind of flocking to him.

"Sounds like a handy place to have." she replied, smiling lightly. To her, this simple chat was quite enjoyable as she was quite curious about all kinds of social interactions. Thus, even a simple chat about mundane things would make her extremely happy.

It was indeed true that Deadman had every right to be wary of her. After all, for someone that had come to Earth from some place that he had no idea existed did in fact constitute a reason to warrant his possible ire. For the most part, she hadn't done anything to bring any harm to them, but he still had his doubts about her and put a possible question in his mind. What if whoever it was that made her comes here and tries to search for her? That would spark an intergalactic incident of things got out of hand, he figured. Never mind about the SER and the EUS going to war. There would be two planets engaged in warfare that irked him to a greater degree. However, there was also a chance that either side could get their mitts on her as well as him for that matter now that there was two cyborgs and a mechanic on the loose.

However, Deadman had to shake those thoughts out of his head for a moment. They still had somewhere to be at the moment and there had to be no distractions. He needed to stay focused and do everything in his power to keep the wolves at bay.

Daryl found himself smiling as well at Adriana as he walked with the female android, finding her somewhat pleasant in this little chat the two were having. Even more so than he had conversations with Deadman, to say the least. Maybe if the crimson cyborg could just see that for himself, maybe he wouldn't be so hard on her. "Yeah. It sure is." He commented afterwards with the same smile of his own.

"Do you two reside there? From what you say, it seems like it would make a suitable base of operations for whatever it is you two do." Adriana replied. Even though the chat was all about tactics and staying safe and what not, it didn't dampen Adrians excitement on the matter. That, and Daryl being quite nice and hospitable to her was making her feel all warm and fuzzy. Well, not literally of course, as she was a machine. But still, she could feel emotions, and the feelings this was giving her were very pleasant ones.

"In a way, we do. However, we can only stay there for a certain period of time due to our current position." Deadman answered, having listened in on their conversation and gave his opinion on it. "However, it would be nice to stay there for a while we gather supplies and recon the area more thoroughly to get a better idea of where we should head next." He added.

"Yeah, I suppose we can stick around for a while. Besides, it's been some time since I've crapped out on a bed." Daryl responded with a chuckle. "If don't get some proper rest, then I don't think I'll be of any use to either one of you guys." He added.

"Bed?" Adriana curiously asked. While having something similar on her world, it was not referred to as a bed. Not to mention, she didn't use her worlds equivalent. When she "rested" she would enter into a compact kind of pod that certainly would not be comfortable for humans and the like. But being a machine, it didn't bother her. Still, the new word interested her and she wished to know what it was and what it was used for.

Daryl had to stop and gawk at Adriana for a moment when she chirped out that singular word. "Wait a minute." He said, holding a hand out in front of him. "You mean to tell me you have no idea what a bed is?" He asked, not knowing whether to shit himself or go blind. "It's the thing that humans sleep on and get some much needed rest!" He explained simply with a shrug of his shoulders.

Deadman also found himself rather perplexed with Adriana's confusion. And I thought I was weird for not knowing where I was. The crimson cyborg thought to himself with that same odd look on his face before he continued to walk onward.

"That all a bed is used for?" Adriana asked, not upset or even caring about their reaction to it. She expected it anyways considering that she knew nothing about this place. Still, she was just as curious as ever. Seemed odd for the thing to only be used for slipping, so she was certainly curious about any other uses as well.

When Daryl heard this, his face became even more perplexed that she had no other idea as to what a bed was used for. In truth, he honestly couldn't bring himself to say what else a bed could be used for, but chances were, her curiosity wouldn't be sated unless if someone had to say what the bed could be used for as well.

"Well, there is one other thing the bed is used for, but let's just say that it involves... undressing." He answered, trying to remain tactful.

Deadman decided against listening in on this part, for he felt that he had no business in answering that sort of question.

"You mean sex?" Adriana asked, tilting her head to the side. While a bed was new to her, sex was not. Her creators had offspring in the same way humans did, sexual intercourse. They weren't all that different from humans. At least, basically. On the outside, while humanoid, they looked much different than a pink skinned human. Still, they were quite similar in many other ways.

Daryl emitted a sigh of relief when he heard Adriana's reply, somehow relieved that she knew where he was getting at yet somehow shocked that she knew the answer right off the bat. "Yes, sex." He answered. "You'd also be surprised as to where people have also done it." He added with a shrug of his shoulders as he continued to follow Deadman from behind. "People of all walks of life have to have fucked around at some point in their lives."

"What kind of an experience is it? I am capable of sexual intercourse, but have yet to experience it." Adriana said. Her curiousity, while one of her more cute, and endearing traits could also create some very akward situations. And with the way this conversation was going, it was quite possible that she could blurt something out that would instantly bring a tense, award silence to the group.

At that point, both the crimson cyborg and Daryl - who ironically had now suffered a coincidental bloody nose not from injury but just on Adriana's comment alone - just about fell over onto their faces when they both heard the female android's question. Needless to say, the both of them were literally dumbstruck and were also struck silent, unable to come up with a viable reply to her request up until Deadman spoke, trying to think of some way to overcome the awkward silence.

"That... doesn't really apply to our current situation." He said, trying to steer away from the topic.

(FANSERVICE! XD)

"I apologize then, for stating an experience I'd much like to try." Adriana politely replied, serious on both fronts. Serious about being sorry for mentioning it, and being serious in wanting to try sex. She noted Darlys bloody nose, but thought little of it as she detected no harmful anomalies in his body. Must have been something else....

((Hehe, and there's a bit more.^_^))

Daryl sniffed at his bloodied nose before turning off to the side and wiping off as much as he could before turning back to Adriana and chuckled nervously at her. "No, no, no. It's alright... Hehehehehehe..." He answered, sounding very much embarrassed that the female android could be so up front and personal about it. "Maybe someday you'll get to experience it for yourself." He added before looking over to Deadman and gesturing to him. "Hey, maybe you can try it out on Deadman here! You two are cyborgs! Maybe he'd go for it!" He added, sounding ever hopeful.

Deadman literally spun around when he heard Daryl's suggestion, glaring at him in a way that said, "I am SO going to kill you" before pausing for a moment in thought. In truth, he still had certain humanoid parts that still worked, but never once had he even thought about it before. Reaching a hand back to itch his long flowing mane of blonde hair that stuck out the back of his helmet, he took Adriana's curiosity in sex into careful consideration before he gave a shrug. "Well, let us put that into the definitive 'maybe' category for right now. We still have somewhere to be." He said.

Adriana couldn't help but chuckle at Deadmans comment after spinning around, but she was intrigued with his mention of what category it would be filed under.

"That we do." she replied, smiling at Daryl after Deadman turned around, giving him a playful wink. She really was more human than she seemed. While socially akward, she certainly seemed to have flirting down. She was quite a mystery. New and akward in some areas, while curiously skilled in others. Such as this. She had no experience in sex or courting someone, but was quite capable of flirting with the human.

Back
Top Bottom