Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hypnagogia/Auditory Hallucinations

V

Vic Rattlehead

Sometimes at night I have auditory hallucinations like something moving outside my window, something moving in my room, something moving in my house, and the one time I could of swore I heard my name called once. Obviously this causes a problem when I'm trying to sleep and I jump every minute or so, when I hear a noise. While I know nothing is there it still creeps me the fuck out. Does anyone else have this problem? Even if I have my TV on, I can still hear the noises.

I didn't have auditory but visual hallucinations back when my depression was really bad. After I got onto medication, got therapy and stopped drinking, they went away. But before that, I'd see a lot of shadow people whenever I was alone or in a room by myself. It literally looked like the shadow of someone peeking around corners or door frames or windows from the corner of my eye and when I turned to focus on them, they'd dart out of sight. Even when I was sitting in the living room by myself with my ex in the other room, I'd have my laptop perched on my thighs with my knees bent up and when I'd look up, I'd see someone darting behind the screen of the laptop but across the room you know? Like, out of my line of sight but across from me. One night it was really bad where I woke up and the curtains on my side of the bed looked like a guy in a raincoat and hat standing by the side of the bed looking down on me and I woke up screaming. At that time in my life, I had thoughts of and even attempted suicide a couple of times and was drinking very regularly.

Part of me thinks that it was a mental synapse misfiring due to my depressive state of mind but another part of me believes that the negative energy I gave off attracted supernatural beings who fed off the energy and tried to get more of it to be created. Who do you think could be calling you/trying to get your attention?

I have no history of mental health issues, but it is possible that I'm undiagnosed for bipolar. While the noises at night are occasional, I do hear music in my head every day. However, I don't necessarily mind the music because I can change the songs at will.

Trygon said:
I have frequent auditory hallucinations... Probably not a good sign for you, tho'.
Whats that supposed to mean?

Like I said I have no history of mental issues.

While I'm sorry for your mental afflictions, just because I have auditory hallucinations doesn't mean I have mental issues. However, when the fall semester starts, I'll go talk to the campus psychologist about it.

Yeah you're right I'm sorry. It just would be devastating for me if I do have mental issues, now thats going to be on my mind the whole time until the semester starts.

Back
Top Bottom