Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Growing Pains (Hat + Velvet)

Hat-tori

Supernova
James Altrouge had a Problem. He was, almost a year ago, a simple farmboy. But now his hands did strange things, his body would sometimes become lighter than air, and he was frightened. His parents put out a missive for help to the big city, and before he knew it he was off. He was a black cat, with bright golden eyes of wonder - the buildings were so huge! He was dressed in his best, which included a tall hat, a black coat and shirt, and slacks, and he carried his other clothing in his bag.

He had the figure of someone who did hard labour practically since walking. Strong, but not overtly so, his muscles were dense but not massive. He moved through the city haphazardly, though he was hardly ever in danger. It was a big place, easy to get lost in, and he frowned. He had some spending money, enough to pay his tuition, and then he had nothing. He supposed he could get a job here, but even so...

Ah.

The building was huge, he didn't know how he missed it before. The tower yawned into the sky, and the base building sprawled about. Even besides that, it was said that she lived alone besides her help. He swallowed heavily. He wasn't late - thank the heavens - so he slipped inside, uncertain and nervous.

Melissa sat in the room she was about to meet her guest and soon to be apprentice. The white cat craddled her pet, which happend to be a brown cat too and always a fun thing to think about for her, and looked out of the tower's window. The meeting room was about half-way up and usually anything that got past this room was whether her personal guest or very foolish. Maybe she didn't had the best reputation in the town, mostly due to people's fear of magic, she supposed.

She wore here special red and golden robe for this rather special day. Melissa didn't had visitors very often, and it must've been ages since she actually had a potential apprentice. Her purple eyes scanned the streets to see if anyone was comming near the tower - and smiled as she did spot the young man at least. A little late, but that was alright. Or her clock once again didn't worked as well as it was supposed to.

"Go fetch him, Fen, will you?" she asked the cat which then jumped off her lap and walked downstairs to greet the guest.

The young man looked around the big room, thoughtful and interested. He smiled at the cat that approached him. Stories said that anthros were animals blessed by the gods with intellect and power, and the animals that remained didn't want the intellect and its attendant miseries. He followed the cat up and into the meeting room, looking around.

"...Miss." he managed nervously, upon seeing her. She was... She was so pretty. He flushed, fidgeting at her prescence. "I've c-come far to seek your help, milady." he removed his hat and held it nervously in his hands, his magical power surging a little. "I've... I've recently gained some... Some strange power, and I've no idea how to use or control it." he managed.

Melissa lifted a brow in surprise as she saw the man. That certainly wasn't the appearence usual apprentices would had, but she wouldn't complain about it. She listened to him and indeed did feel the magic around him; so wild and untamed, so fluctuating. Both his body and his young powers were a beautiful sight to look at for her.

She gestured her hand towards the table and the chair across her began to move backwards a few inches. "Please do sit down and tell me more" the cat woman said. Fen in the mean time had hopped back on her lap and got craddled. "Tell me when exactly it all started and how it appeared to you? I suppose... levitation was amongst the things, if not even the first thing, that happend to you?" Melissa added with a soft chuckle.

He felt his face heat as she asked. "It... It started with that, yeah.." he said. "And then, uhm. In the tavern, I, uh. There was this girl, I, I sorta fancied her. Real pretty. Golden fur, like." he said quietly. "And I wanted..." he sighed. She probably knew what he wanted, what a lot of boys his age wanted. Not the stress of performance that came with sex. Just...

'"I wanted to, uh, see her." he said quietly. Yep, he wanted to see her naked. "And I, I sorta reached out, and... Her dress kinna... Like... Like a lotta years pass, all at once, sorta thing. Her buttons fell orf, the ties came undone, seams, uh, popped, and..." he fidgeted. "Look, I ain't a pervert, miss, I just, every boy liked Beatrice and... And I brought her flowers to apologize and..."

He looked up at her, young, cute virgin eyes seeking acceptance. "An' I promise I didn't look, miss, I really promise, because that woulda been rude." and the funny thing was, he was being honest, believable.

"I see" Melissa just stated as she listened to his stuttering. Though she didn't cared much about this Beatrice girl or what happend to her (or her clothes) unless she had been put in danger, but this rather sounded like a simply awkward, maybe embarassing, situation. "Well, tell me... do you want to learn how to control it? Or do you came to ask me to seal it away? Either way, I wish to know the reason for your decision or else I won't considere it."

Melissa folded her hands together as though she would pray and closed her eyes. Just as she started, Fen jumped of her lap and walked towards the guest. For a few moments nothing happend and the tower became very quiet. Then the silence suddenly was broken and the room was shaking for a brief moment as a blue glowing radiated. Opening her folded hands Melissa now held a small orb and placed it on the table where it levitated just inches over the surface.

"Might feel a little strange for a bit. Maybe you'll feel cold. But it'll pass by" she told him and gestured to the table. "Please, take a seat. This little orb will prevent your magic from happening randomly." the cat explained.

The young man relaxed visibly.
"I... I'd like to control it." he said quietly. "I've tried, but..." he scratched the back of his head. "All I can do is make things... uh. Go bad." he grumbled. "Or rot. Or like that. And..." his eyes flicked back to her. His emotions were pushing the magic at her, the orb's influence stopping it, for now. But there was another magic, just behind, more sinister, harder to block.

Little voices in her mind, hardly different in sound from her own thoughts.
he's kinda cute.

He frowned. "And that." he said, shamefaced. "P-please, I'm not a pervert, miss."

Yeah, he really is she thought to herself. Melissa was an experienced mage and there weren't many kind of magic that could fool the feline. However, it surprised her that he had lower levels of mindcontrol inside him... Maybe sealing them away would be better. But then again her curiosity wouldn't allow it. She wanted to know how far it could reach out and how it would develop.

Melissa repeated her gesture towards the chair. "Please, sit down" then her eyes wandered down on him and she smiled at Fen who rubbed himself at Peter's leg. "I think he likes you" she remarked with a chuckled.

"I, I'm pretty good with animals." he admitted, gently petting the cat. She was intriguing. He was mostly used to the girls back home, who never wore such elegant outfits, and who never were in positions of outright authority. Though his father often grumbled that his mother was the one who was really in charge.

The mind control was a gentle pressure, subtle. It didn't have the power of actual, practiced spellwork behind it. Less a cudgel, more a scalpel. Wonder how the other magic works? it gently asked, as he leaned back in the chair, still a little nervous.

Melissa tapped her fingers on the table. She didn't liked to repeat herself, yet she had to do so for the second time now. "I asked you to tell me the reason why you want to learn to control it..." she began once more, now slightly getting annoyed to do so. "You told me what happend, and that you are afraid. You told me everything just rots and 'goes bad'..." Melissa stood up and took a few steps away, thinking and letting her words sink, or rather to give the next ones the meaning she hoped for them to have. "You gave me reasons to seal it all away yet none why I should teach you to control your magical abilities..."

Again she turned and walked back to sit on the table, her hands folded under her chin as she curiously waited for an hopefully good answer to her question.

"I want to control it, because I'm good at it. And I don't want to lose a talent." he said softly. "I want to use this ability, somehow, for the good of others, not just for... for... Bad things, perverted things. So... I don't want to lose it entirely. And I'm worried that if I seal it, then... It will eventually come back, and I won't be able to handle it."

'Course, you could just let him run himself dry of power. Let him get it all out. I mean, you two are all alone here, right~?

Back
Top Bottom