Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question.

Upon murdering the Antivirus Live malware/virus last night, I noticed that none of the media on my computer works anymore. YIM says it's having connection problems on getting on the network, Google Chrome does not connect to the internet anymore, Windows Media won't play videos streamed from the internet, and Limewire/Frostwire will not connect either. I know it's a network setting problem because all of those listed just now are in the exceptions to the firewall and what not. Problem is, is I can't find the problem to fix it. I suck at trying to fix network problems....anyone have a helpful hint on fixing this problem?

Yes. STOP USING LIMEWIRE

But besides that, uninstall your firewall completely and reinstall it. You'll have to reconfigure, but it will fix it quickly. If you are using a router and a desktop, I wouldn't even bother with a firewall, though. I don't and I have no issues (cause I don't do stupid things). I do have them on laptops, however, since they connect to other networks at times.

I haven't used Limewire since 2002. I used it now to see if it could connect on a peer to peer network. It didn't, that's how I confirmed it to being a network problem. I've also tried completely disabling my firewall and it didn't do any good. I suppose I could just uninstall it. I'll give that a try and see what happens. :3

What version of Windows are you using?

Check out LSPFix first.

I have Windows XP Home Edition. SP3 of course. I got the problem fixed though, I used a program called Combo Fix. Extremely powerful program.

Back
Top Bottom