Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: I'm not what you think - Supernatural Roleplay - Me and Traveler

The group of hunters had been tracking this particular lair of vampires for weeks now, piecing together clues and killing off the fray until they could find the hub of power in the outskirts of the city. Most of the hunters in this group were well-seasoned, and in many ways, Ian McGill had been weaned on vampire teats and ghost burnings; he had been born to a family of hunters, and until he was twelve years old, moving from place to place and killing off the terrors of the night was just part of life. He thought that everyone did it. It was normal.

His normal, however, ended when his parents walked into a witch coven's trap and wound up the main course of the All Hallow's Eve sacrifice. He went into the foster system, including the prerequisite reprogramming they put him through to convince him that vampires and ghosts and witches were all just make believe, and by the time he bounced through enough foster homes to graduate to adulthood he had begun to believe them. Then came a short stint in the military and a few listless years in college, before the world of the Supernatural pulled him back in again.

And now here he was; his hair was short, but his scruff of a beard had started to grow out from being on the road too long. He bent over and sneaked from one tree to the other with his comrade at arms as they approached the lair; good intelligence told them that the blood sucking leeches were in there, and tonight the hunters had decided that they were going to put an end to this line of the family once and for all. They were going after the parasites.

Ian had his fair share of dead man's blood and a nice, dependable machete, along with the XD .40 he carried for protection against the human thugs they sometimes came into contact with. In all truth, the supernatural bad guys were less scary than the gang-bangin', something-to-prove kids they sometimes ran into. Sometimes. Tonight, with a lair full of vampires potentially waiting for them and only a half dozen hunters on his side he might have had to disagree.

"Damn it, we lost Walter." The voice was thin, but confident. An older voice used to harsh whisperings and not loud proclamations seemed to be the one in charge.

"Yeah, but we all knew how dangerous this was." Another voice, this one made rough by tobacco and alcohol. "We all could'a died."

Strong hands wrapped a blanket around the girl's body. "She's still alive," this time the voice was closer. It came from the arms that carried her. "She's not turned."

"Yet. She'll turn eventually; better just put her out of her pain. It'd be a mercy really." Mr. Cigarettes again. "She won't know what happened."

"NO." The man carrying her again. "We kill monsters. We save humans. Until we have evidence that she's gonna turn, I'm helping her."

"Well aren't you a regular Florence Nightingale?"

"Shut the fuck up, James. Leave Ian alone. He's a good kid."

"Yeah... good fer nothing."

---

Ian sat next to the cot, wiping the blood off of her and wringing it out in a bucket. Small, careful stitches had closed up her neck; they couldn't take her to a hospital - what if she changed on the doctors? But some field medic training had served him well, and Ian had made sure that all the pieces were in the right place before cleaning and bandaging the mysterious woman. Tests had shown that she wasn't a vampire. She wasn't a demon either. So the other in the hunter's pack told him that he could keep her until she was strong enough to go back to whatever life she had been living.

So for the last few days he had been watching over her, trailing small drops of cool water into her mouth, and talking to the girl who they found, naked and bound and half-drained in the vampire den. For whatever reason, they had kept her here a long time and they sesemed to have had their share of fun with her; it was a miracle she survived.

"Hey," He grimaced as her fingers cut into his muscled forearm, seeking out the nerves. "You're safe. We're not going to let them hurt you anymore." Ian was visibly relieved when she loosened her grip. He was concerned that she had been tricked out on PCP and was about to demonstrate inhuman, drug-induced strength. He wouldn't have had a problem capping off a few into a vampire or werewolf, but a person... especially someone strung out against their will, was another story.

He eased an arm under her shoulders and gently lifted her. "Here, try to drink some water." Gently a glass of cool, fresh water was brought to her lips. All along Ian kept his concerned eyes trained on her as he watched carefully for signs that she might have gone into shock. "Can you tell us how they captured you? Do you know how long you were there?" He let her drink a few sips before taking the glass away for her to catch her breath. "We're going to take care of you until you're strong enough to go home, okay? When you get a chance we'll get you a phone so you can call home. I'm sure someone out there is praying for your safe return every night."

Once she caught her breath he offered her another drink. "A couple of months? You're so lucky to have survived..." He eyed her carefully once he set down the cup. His arm was still around her, though, and his body radiated warmth in the cool room. "We've been tracking that group for a while now; a couple of months we caught wind of them." He looked up as another from his group walked in from the main part of the base house they had been using.

James ran a hand through his long, dirty blond hair as he eyed the beauty on the bed. "Hey, Boss wants to know if she's awake or not yet. He's got questions." He had been the voice that had been marred with cigarettes and alcohol. He sounded older than he was; but it was born of living hard and close to death. Now he eyed the girl he had said should be put out of her misery at the vampire's den. She was looking much better now that the blood was wiped clean and she'd been patched up by Ian.

"She's awake," Ian waited for her to finish drinking and slowly laid her back on the cool pillow. "But I don't know what more she can tell us. We got them all, right?" He looked back at his patient and smiled reassuringly. He had told her that they'd keep her safe, and he meant it.

"Well..." James shrugged. "He's in charge and what he says goes, so I'm going to let him know she's okay. Oh, and he wants to know if you want Walter's favorite dagger. He's not going to use it." He flipped a sheathed silver dagger Ian's direction.

The young man
had turned towards the girl at the last minute, but he still shot his hand out and caught the thing in the air. "Thanks." He took a moment to look at the thing - it had been Walter's constant companion, but it didn't save the older hunter from having his head ripped off by the vampires. The lines of the knife were graceful and strong, and the stock was something that wouldn't slip out of your hands if they were covered in blood. Personally, Ian preferred a machete, but as far as knives went, Walter always had good taste.

He drew in a breath of resignation as James left the room. "Walter was... closest thing to a father I had." Ian looked up into the girl's luminescent eyes. "He would have been glad to know we were able to save a life in the raid. On those... uhm, vampire cultists." He narrowed his eyes at her, remembering that she said that she was with them for a few months. "You were with them long enough to get a clue about what they were. Tell me what do you think think those were who had you chained up?"

"Yeah..." Ian agreed. "Vampires."

James returned and told them that the boss was ready to see the girl. He seemed a little bit nervous about relaying the information. It seemed like there might be some kind of summary judgement when the boss saw her, but nothing was said about it.

Ian looked over at her. "She's too injured to walk. He should come here."

"He wants her to come to him."

There was a moment of silence as Ian and James looked at each other, each man trying to out-will the other. The problem was that James had the will of the 'boss', whoever he was, behind him.

"I'll carry her," Ian finally said. He went over to the girl and knelt down. "I'm going to try to be as gentle as I can, okay? But tell me if I hurt you."

Ian brought her through the old, wooden manor and then turned though the entryway, where a large staircase led to the second floor. The boss was in the front room with a few of his hunters. They had guns, silver, holy water - just about everything they could need to hunt - available. Runes were drawn by the doors, over the ceilings, and on certain walls. They had set up the entire house to be ready for an attack.

The man in charge was easy to discern. He looked up at the girl. His dark eyes and the way he set his jaw told her that he was ready to either pardon her and let her live, or kill her. He hadn't made up his mind yet. He inclined his head towards a plush chair across the table from him.

Ian set her down on the chair and whispered to her "It's gonna be alright," before stepping away.

"So. You're the blood sucker's little toy." He stood up and looked at her. His voice was deep and gravely. "What's your name?"

"Amelia." Each symbol was rolled through his mouth like a tasty morsel. "I said you were their toy. Not that you were a willing toy." His lips curved upwards slowly as he looked at her. "How are you feeling, my friend? Is my little brother treating you well?"

Ian shifted behind her. He hated the forced 'family' that Eddie insisted they embrace. When he did that, it felt like they were no better than the vampire clans or the werewolf packs... or the witches' dens.

He moved around the table and leaned against it, crossing his arms as he looked at her. "Tell me... why did they capture you? And how is it that you survived their special treatment?"

He laughed. "We're done when I say we're done. Now - you survived, and we spared you. Now we are caring for you until you are strong enough to leave. You owe us your life."

The boss of the group moved forward. "Now. We want to know how many of those blood suckers there were in the lair and what their plans are. They might not have told you this, but we're in the business of killing monsters. All of them."

"Eddie," Ian started to move forward. "She's been through a lot - "

"Shut up Ian." Eddie's eyes burned into 'Amelia's'. "Now. How many were there?"

Eddie moved forward as the woman tried to leave. His strong hand grasped her arm and pulled her around so that he could smack her across her face. "You imbecile! You do not determine when we are done here!"

He moved to strike her again but Ian grabbed his arm and stopped him. "Eddie! She's not the monster here! She's the victim! She's been tortured and drained, you can't do this to her!"

The boss turned his attention to the newer hunter. His answer was a snarl. "You don't know how we do things, Ian. If she's not an asset then she's a liability."

"Sir." His grip on the man's hand tightened. Strength that wasn't evident earlier became apparent as they quietly battled for purchase. "She's in pain. She needs to rest. Please."

"She's your liability," growled Eddie. He released her with a jerk. "As soon as she stops bleeding I want her out of here. We move out in three days. She'd better be gone before that."

He eyed her suspiciously, then went back to the table. Essentially Ian and Amelia had been dismissed.

The younger hunter breathed a sigh of relief. He snaked an arm under her shoulder and helped her back to the makeshift infirmary, worried that she had torn some of her stitches when she tried to march out the door. "You know, I'm all for bravado and such, but that was really a stupid move. You could have opened up the gashes on our body doing that. I'm gong to have to recheck your stitches and make sure that they're okay."

Ian looked at her curiously. "What do you mean 'I'm fine'? Three days ago you were in shreds and almost drained of all your blood. You shouldn't even be walking... if you opened up your stitches you can bleed to death." His hazel eyes clouded in worry as he tried to reason with her.

"You might feel like you're okay, but that's just the adrenaline. Eddie does that to people, usually women." He smiled, himself having developed a bit of a reputation as a ladies' man. "I promise; I don't bite." That was meant to be a joke to lighten the mood, but it could go either way. Especially with what she had dealt with in the last two months.

"Really?" He backed away slightly, but it was only to get his medical kit. "So... are you one of those vampire cultists who worship them and date them? I mean... were you getting off on being drained, and we were your big downer?"

The expression on his face was rather neutral, but she could probably tell from his voice that he had encountered people like that before and he didn't care for them. He opened up his medical kit and exposed his supplies. "Come on... let me take a look at your injuries."

"Well you're wrong there. We kill monsters, not people." He had laid her on the bed and was sitting next to her now. "Listen... we can't keep you here. You have rights, and one of those is to leave if you want to. But you are in danger if there are any others out there. They'll find your scent and track you down, simply because you probably still have their blood on you."

He reached forward to undo her bandages, smiling when she asked him about being nibbled on. "Oh, well - if you were off the morphine and asking me at some bar, sure. But you're probably suffering from Stockholm Syndrome or something." His smile widened at that thought. Then, as he saw that her bruises were practically gone and her wounds that he could see were healed his smile turned into a concerned frown. "What the hell?" He looked at her. "How did you do this?"

He was speechless. Ian had sewn her flesh together himself, and here it was, pink and nearly completely healed.

"Wait!" He got up and walked over to her. "You're not dressed. And if you walk out like that," he lowered his voice, "they'll suspect something and probably kill you." He met her eyes and felt the strength in them. "I tested you for everything; silver, holy water, salt... what are you? You can't just walk out. You'll die." He didn't know if she was a witch, but she didn't seem to fit the bill for that. He'd have killed a witch on sight; they killed his parents.

He inclined his head towards the dresser. "At least put on some clothes and leave when they're at dinner." Something in his gaze softened. "If they find out about you they'll kill you, whatever you are."

Wait... how could she tell him that they'd meet again under better circumstances, and then say that if she saw him again then he'd be dead? Was she high? Was she drunk? Or maybe she was just a sadist?... maybe meeting under better circumstances meant that he'd be dead...

The thought sent a shiver through his spine.

He turned to watch her leave the room. Her body was barely covered by the tank top and shorts, revealing her healed body to all. Only Ian really knew the extent of her wounds, but everyone had seen the slashes on her body and the bite marks, and they would know that something was wrong when they saw her smooth, unblemished creamy skin. Warning signals crawled up the back of Ian's neck.

Eddie put up a hand when he saw Amelia walking towards him. "You look awfully well for someone who was recently the vampire's scratching post." His gaze was suspicious. He narrowed his eyes and suddenly he reached for his gun; there was something wrong about her, and he was the kind of hunter who shot first and asked questions later.

It kept him alive.

Eddie was shocked by how quickly she moved, but he really shouldn't have been. He had trusted Ian to check her out for werewolf or demon. Now he would have to have a 'talk' with Ian. A very serious, hard talk.

Like with his fists.

"You're a monster," Eddie snarled as he let go of the pistol. "We'll find you." He could feel her plump, taut breasts pressing against his back. Her heat radiated through his clothes, and were she not some unholy thing he would have been aroused by her. As it stood, he simply wanted to kill her. He would find her - he would track her down like the monster she was - and kill her.

"What are you?" He was racking his brain to figure out what kind of creature she was. It was hard to hunt something that you didn't understand. He knew a few things about her... maybe with the security cameras and what they knew they could combine their knowledge and figure her out.

Ian had moved to the doorway and was watching the struggle. His eyes avoided his boss's and locked on Amelia. She wasn't a monster... she couldn't be! But he knew that if she killed Eddie he'd have to do something to stop her from leaving.

She was a different breed? Of what? As she kept talking, though, Eddie thought that he knew. She was a lycantrope! She had to be! He watched her swallowing the bullet. He took advantage of her showmanship, however, to loosen her grip on him, and when the gun had the magazine open he decided to attack.

Luckily, James was nearby and had caught wind of what was going on. Suddenly guns were drawn and shots fired. The foyer erupted into chaos. Ian muttered "Shit!" and ducked back into the other room. He was only armed with a Walter's dagger; not anything compared to what they were shooting and certainly not something that would block a bullet!

Eddie rushed forward to grab the girl. He intended to slam her head against the wall and knock her out. As he was grabbing her, though, and just as the first shots were still echoing around the room, the front door opened as two hunters walked in, unaware of the firefight that was just breaking out.

James saw Bethany go down and he shouted out in alarm. "Doc! Beth's been shot!" He ran over to her, sliding across the last few feet of wooden floor and landing beside the girl. "Stop shooting goddamnit!"

Ian had heard James' shouts and he had grabbed his med kit to run across the room and help the girl. He slid to her side as well, cutting the shirt away so that he could see the wound. "Okay... okay it'll be alright." He put a compress on the wound and started to pull a suture out of his kit. "James, hold the wound."

"Is she gonna make it?"

"Yeah. Put pressure on the wound."

"Is she gonna die?"

"Damn it James! Your sister will live, just do what you're fucking told, will ya?" Ian glared over Jame's shoulder at Eddie, who was talking to a couple of other hunters and getting ready to send them after Amelia.

Eddie raised his eyes and met Ian's gaze. There was going to be a reckoning soon.

Ian had parted ways with the hunting group. He stayed long enough to make sure that Bethany was alright, though James hovered so much that he had to be sent away several times. Eddie and Ian had come to blows over the 'fact' that Ian hadn't checked the 'monster girl' out well enough. The boss had blamed him for the entire blow out right before Amelia left, including Bethany's injury.

Ian had to leave. He packed up his things and hopped into his 2010 grey Camaro, determined to put as much space between himself and Eddie as he could.

The night was rainy and for some reason the defroster in his windshield wasn't working. Ian reached forward to wipe off the windshield as he rounded the bend in the road... he saw the dog-like creature a split second before he hit it. He came to a screeching halt and looked in the rear view mirror. The creature was moving; it was on it's side, but it was alive.

He backed up his car and then got out. The rain was drizzling down on them but there was no sign of any other cars as far as he could see. Ian went up to the dog, but it wasn't a dog - it was a wolf. He put a fist to his mouth.

Shit shit shit

"Alright, girl... it's going to be alright." He saw that the creature was hurt, possibly suffering from internal damage, but he couldn't just leave it out there. It would be a cruel way to die. "Okay..." he slipped off the green trench coat and used it to gingerly wrap the wolf up in it. "This might hurt, but I'm going to help you." He muttered to himself as he lifted her "Just my luck I'll get bit by some rabid wild dog trying to save it."

He pulled into the Blue Swallow Motel and got them a room, paying extra because he had a dog. But they gave him a ground floor room, which was good, and it was out of the way, which was better. Ian opened up the door and laid a blue surgical chutz pad out before bringing in the animal.

Ian set her down gently. "Okay, girl... I'm going to take care of that pain for you. Good girl... that's a good girl..." within a few moments he had his medical kit and bags in the room and had laid out the other bed as his triage spot. He didn't know why he cared so much about an animal, and a wild one at that, but she was so beautiful and he had been the one to hit her. He didn't know about animal physiology, only humans, but he figured he'd take his best shot.

He got anesthesia and estimated the wolf's weight. "This is gonna sting, girl, but it'll let me work on you. Don't be scared..." he didn't know why he was talking to an animal. "I'm going to help you."

Ian paused when the wolf pressed her nose into his hand, but then he smiled and stroked her head and ears. "It'll be okay. I won't let you down."

He did the best he could for her; she didn't have any compound fractures, but she had broken ribs and internal damage. He popped her ribs back into place and palpated for injuries. She seemed to have some injuries inside, but he didn't think that it was wise to cut her open. The wolf didn't have any blood in her lungs or stomach, as far as he could tell. He stitched her fur where it had ripped, cleaned her, and wrapped her ribs. Then he examined her limbs to make sure that here were no broken bones. Once it was done he gave her another shot, this time a pain killer and anti-inflammatory he hoped was safe for animals, before covering her with a light blanket.

After the wolf was tended to he went to clean his car. Hydrogen peroxide was his friend, when it came to getting blood out of things. Then Ian went back into the room. He needed a shower. Unconcerned about the wolf seeing him, he stripped down before stepping into the bathroom. When he came out he was wearing only a towel, but it didn't keep too much hidden from imagination if the wolf had woken up. Not that it mattered.... she was just an animal, right? No reason to be shy around an animal.

He saw that the wolf was awake, so he knelt down beside the bed to be at eye level with her. He stroked her muzzle, then her neck softly. "How are you girl, hm? Are you thirsty?" As he stood, the scars on his body were more visible. He had a few tattoos, some protective runes, some sentimental marks, but the scars were the most interesting. His stomach looked like it had been ripped open and healed. He had a burn on his left shoulder. His right shoulder had been stabbed. On his back was a tattoo and cross hatches, where some kind of creature had clawed him. He'd lived a hard life; despite the softness in his eyes.

Ian got a small ice bucket and put water in it, then he went back to the wolf. "Water?" He took a few drops on his fingertips and let her smell the moisture before helping the wolf to lift her head so she could have a lap.

Once the wolf had had enough he put the bucket away and sat there for a while, just looking at her. He didn't know what he was doing. He had been traveling, taking odd jobs, assisting larger hunting parties when they called for a paramedic. But otherwise... he sighed. Maybe it was time to settle down for a while. Get a real job.

He pulled on boxers and a t-shirt before setting up his computer. It was his main way of keeping in touch with the network of hunters that Bobby had set up before his death. Garth was manning the network now, but there had been a rumor that he had gone werewolf, and a lot of the hunters wouldn't work with him. Ian didn't know what to think. If Dean and Sam were willing to work with him then it was okay, right?

Of course, rumor had it that Dean had gone demon too. It had been bad enough when Sam was sipping on the demon blood to fuel up, but going full-fledged demon? It didn't make sense. How could you defeat the enemy when you were one of them? Ian shook his head. He'd stick to ghosts and poltergeists, thank you very much. The other stuff was starting to get too hard core, and believe it or not, he liked being alive.

The phone rang. He looked at it. It rang again, and Ian answered it, surprised to see Bethany's number on the caller ID. "Yeah?" He put his ear to the receiver. "What cha got?"

"Well shit." Ian stared at the dead phone. Then it rang again but cut off, this time from Eddie. "Shit." He looked up at the wolf and squinted his eyes. What was he going to do? He was half a day away, and he had an almost dead wolf to cafe for. He began to pack up his things and get dressed in jeans, boots, and a long-sleeved t-shirt. It was going to be a long drive. His movements were precise and quick; there was no time to fuck around. His family was being attacked.

It didn't matter that Eddie had beat the crap out of him before he left, or that James and others blamed him for overlooking the signs that the woman they saved wasn't human. As far as most of them were concerned, his negligence wasn't worth his medical skills. Or his hunting skills.

He loaded up the car and then leaned the front passenger seat way back before covering it with a protective chux pad and blanket. He kept the ice bucket for the animal to drink from, and set a few things that he might need on the enter counsel between him and where the wolf was going to be.

Once everything was ready he went back to where the wolf was. "Sorry Girl, we gotta get on the road." He checked her bandages and her feet again, carefully moving to minimize her pain. "This is gonna hurt, Babe, but we gotta go. My family needs me." With that he began to ease his arms under her to lift her up, glad that she wasn't so wild that she ripped out his throat when he caused her pain the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom