Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Hand In The Dark by Kuziya and Openhentai

Lilah just kept staring. She blushes then turns away going to the bathroom and quickly changes. Her one peice made her seem a bit bigger than she actually was. What had just happened back there? Why had she just kept staring at Vida? She blushes and comes out grinning. "Whatdo you think?" she asks blushing again.

Vida giggles when she sees Lilah staring at her. “Like what you see?” She teases and lets her get changed. Vida gives herself a once over in the mirror and strikes a pose. She isn’t the vain type, but she wouldn’t be afraid to say she looks damn good in a swimsuit. She didn’t need curves to get some attention. The swimsuit itself is a pretty crimson shade that is less flashy and more elegant. Vida stops and thinks how Lilah was checking her out. Is she…? Vida shakes her head and quickly dismisses this thought. She chalks it up to the swimsuit being total eye candy.
Lilah emerges a few minutes later in her modest one piece. She grins from ear to ear. “You look adorable!” She playfully hugs her. This reaction is definitely far from her normal demeanor and quickly corrects herself. “Sorry, you just look cute in that swimsuit.” Her voice is its usual calm tone with soft smile. “Let’s head to the pool.” Vida grabs a towel and her key. Lilah follows in tow.
They reach the rather large pool which no one was in at the moment. “Hey looks like we have it to ourselves.” Vida lays down her towel on a chair heads towards the pool. “Well come on,” her smile is practically infection and she sounded a lot more excited, like before. All she did now is wait for Lilah.

Lilah follows and slips in. The water was cool and exactly what she needed. She splashes and swims over to Vida. She wraps her arms around the older woman. "No it's your uh ..." she blushes then pulled her under too. She comes back out and swims lazily through the water. Her laugh rings out. It had been a long time since she had lughed. She turns, grins, and splashes Vida. Her laughter came again. It was musical in several ways. She knew it made her sound younger, but she didn't care.

Vida enjoys her swim with Lilah and opts to swim a few laps around in the pool. She’s always loved swimming and the peace it brings her. What’s most exciting is being able to share it with someone else. Lilah looks like she’s having so much fun. This warms Vida as she swims around the girl. She swims over to Lilah and wraps her arms around her before bobbing underwater with her. The two swim around and Vida playfully tickles her sides before she surfaces. “This was a good idea, I’ve been craving a good swim ever since I left my last trip to the West Coast.” She smiles softly and treads around Lilah. She notices Lilah occasionally glancing at her before looking away with a slight flush in her cheeks. “Everything alright?” Vida treads ever closer to her new travelling companion with slight concern. She wonders if Lilah still scared that her kidnapper might find her. If that’s the case then she’d happily put the young girl’s mind at ease.

Lilah blushes again when Vida asks if everything was all right. Really she was starting to like Vida. "Yeah I'm fine!" she says going to the diving board and cart--wheeling through the air and splashing down into the water. She was laughing mentally. She swims under water before quietly surfacing and splashing the older woman again. "Yeah you know this eases my mind!" she said floating her back. She looks across at the older woman. "What was the western coast like?"

“Sun, surf, and sand. It’s all pretty nice. I met a lot of nice people too.” She smiles nostalgically and starts to float on her back as well. “Maybe we can stop there sometime.” She smiles while looking to the sky. Vida’s life has always been exciting and adventurous, but she loved the fleeting moments of serenity just as much. The air is starting to get brisk and the water’s starting to feel cooler. She figures she’ll wait for Lilah to make the call. This all probably feels so surreal to her. Like a vacation every day, but this is just another day in the life for Vida. Life’s too short to sit around doing nothing so every day is a new adventure and a new story to tell. It’s like a romantic dream come true, but real life still likes to rear its head. She doesn’t let her keep her down and she never showed her weakness. She once more looks to innocent Lilah and smiles. Having a companion is something she is really looking forward to. Someone to share the adventure with.

Lilah felt the temperature drop, but she didn't move. She just felt like maybe she would wake up if she moved and be back in her prison. "You know I have to admit this is pretty cool! It feels like a dream to me!" she said pushing herself through the water still on her back. "I like this! Feels like if I move or something i'll wake up and be back!" she shudders for a moment before moving back toward Vida.

Vida gently takes her hand, “I’ll make sure you never go back there.” Her sincerity is mixed with a strong feeling of worry. She doesn’t want to lose Lilah like that. She wants to help protect her. Not out of a commit to Lilah’s parents, but because she cares for people immensely. Her whole life she’s avoid violence the best she could. She’s learned to defend herself and how to fight if she needs to, but she would never use these skills to start conflict. Vida only ends them. And she uses the safest approach possible.
She loves all life and finds it exciting meeting new and truly unique people. Losing someone is losing something truly and completely irreplaceable. Never in all of time with there be another and they has been no other before as well. Vida isn’t one to wax philosophic, but she does have laws she lives by. Protecting those close to her in number one.

Lilah smiles and slips her hand in further. "Ok I think we should head back it's getting cold!" she got out of the pool not letting go of Vida's hand until they were toweling off. She felt safe here beside Vida. She noticed that once away from the aria she didn't look over her shoulder as much. Maybe just maybe she was starting to feel secure once again.

Climbing out behind Lilah, Vida can’t help smile as the girl gently held her hand. She grabs her towel and immediately starts to feel warmer. The soft plush towel caress her skin softly and warms her slowly. She grabs her key and leads Lilah back to the room. The darkness is approaching and looming over head as light flicker on to defy the darkness that will soon follow.
Once inside Vida quickly discards her towel and takes a seat on her bed. “You can take your shower first.” She politely offers Lilah who she can tell is shivering ever so slightly. Lilah walks past and closes the bathroom door behind her.
Vida takes this opportunity to get out of her wet suit and dry off. She strips down and dries herself off more. She gives herself a once over in the mirror. Her ample breasts catch her eye as she gives a devilish smirk. She doesn’t brag about her body too much, but being well endowed pleases Vida. She turns her back to the mirror and looks over her shoulder. She’s a little surprised Lilah didn’t bring up her tattoo. Regardless, she lies back down on top of her bed and flips on the TV.

Lilah strips and steps into the warmth of the hot water. She smiles as the water relaxes her body. She shivers due to the combination of cold from outside and the warmth of the shower. She stares at the bruises on her body and wonders if they will ever go away. She takes a long shower before coming out grinning. "Oops sorry Vida I well I was enjoying the warmth! Sorry!" she puts the suit in the case then flops onto the bed taking her nook and gets online. She goes to her media page. She tells about some facts of why she's been gone for so long then sighs. She then logs off that site and goes to her email filled with concerned messages. Lilah groans and begins going through them.

As Lilah walks out Vida walks past. She didn’t care about how long it her to shower though. “You’re fine, just hope you left some hot water.” She jokes and closes the door. Vida quickly hops in the shower to the warm embrace of the water raining down on her. A hot shower after a long day is almost euphoric in a sense. She loves the warmth splashing against her skin and the droplets moving down her skin.
She lathes herself and washes herself head to toe she stops and occasionally runs her fingers over a few faded scars. Like Lilah she too wonders if they’ll ever fully fade. Unlike Lilah though, bruises heal. Vida’s damages were not quite that simple.
She finishes her shower and grabs a fresh towel. She sighs and steps out back into the room and onto her bed. She lets herself dry naturally as she laid down in her towel on the bed. Vida didn’t mind sleeping naked, she actually prefers it. She enjoys being au naturale when she can. She hopes it doesn’t bother Lilah, but she’d get dressed if she wants her to.
Vida finally breaks the silence between the two of them. “What are you reading?” She asks with a warm smile.

Lilah had been reading the book again while Vida had been in the shower. She hadn't really noticed as she came out. She looked up at the voice. "Oh it's a really good book called My Sister's Keeper!" she grins. her eyes wonder to the nook perched in her lap. "It's pretty awesome!" she said looking up at Vida now.

“That’s good,” Vida smiles warmly and crawls onto the bed beside Lilah to take a glimpse of the book on her eReader. Vida is a fan of literature new and old so she’s at least aware of the novel and some of the darker tones it covers. “Do you read a lot?” She asks softly as she leaned over Lilah. Vida still in her towel looms over the girl with her long, slender legs exposed and a fair amount of cleavage peeking out of her towel. From what she glances at the story it looks well written if not a bit heavy handed.
Vida draws her attention to the TV when the weather comes on with predictions of Thunderstorms to follow into tomorrow. She had no issues driving in harsh weather, but it did kind of put a damper on her plans of arrive in Myrtle Beach to sunny weather, but she can always cross her fingers and hope for the best.

"Oh yeah! This story is about a girl named Anna who is suing her parents for her own medical decisions! Youshould totally read it!" Lilah touched her arm gently. "How about you do you read a lot?"

Vida smiles at Lilah’s enthusiasm. “I do, but I prefer the classics. I love contemporary literature, but I really love older writings. Poe, Fitzgerald, and Hemmingway. Also, anything with a good adventure in it.” She giggles and sits beside Lilah. Vida can tell that Lilah is engrossed in what’s she’s reading. This makes her happy to see the girl so calm and relaxed. “Stay up as long as you want, but tomorrow’s going to be a big day.” Vida seems just as excited as Lilah.
She turns her attention to the weather again. The rain and thunderstorms never bother her, on the contrary she loves the rain. Though all the overcast kind of takes away from the beauty of the sun and sands on the beach. She just hopes it clears up before they arrive. Sure they can stay as long as they want so it’s not too big a deal if they have a few rainy days.

Lilah nods. "Ok!" she mutters then goes back to her book. She loved it she loved Campbell the lawyer. He was so cool (maybe not at first) and she loves Anna's dad.

After a while though she puts the nook down and begins to charge it while she snuggles down into the blankets around her. "Will we reach the beach tomorrow?" she asks yawning a bit. Her eyes close too heavy to keep them up.

With a gentle Vida assures her, “We’ll be there before you know it. Good night.” Vida disrobes and climbs into her own bed soon after. With a press of the remote the TV shuts off and the room goes dark. She settles on the bed and quickly slips into a restful sleep.
Hours pass and she stir slightly at the sound of thunder crashing outside. Lightning erupts and lights up the cracks in the blinds covering the window. Vida never let storms keep her up, but today is different. She is awaken by the thunderous booms and the faint chime of her phone. She couldn’t imagine who would be calling at two in morning but she sluggishly answers.
She sits up to grab her phone and lets her sheets fall in her lap. A voice immediately starts speaking on the other end. “Yes, this is Vida Capitani.” The voice speaks frantically. As lightning strikes outside. It illuminates her face showing worry and a sense of urgency. “Grazie,” she quickly hangs up the phone. “Shit,” she whispers under her breath.
Vida quietly climbs out of bed and gets dressed. She looks down at Lilah who is sleeping peacefully through the storm. Vida very carefully lifts her into her arms and makes sure not to wake the sleeping girl.
She knew it would be hard, but she covers Lilah from the rain as she slowly lays her in the back seat of her car. She grabs their things and locks up. In less than five minutes Vida returns the key, pays the bill, and drives off to Myrtle Beach. She didn’t want to worry Lilah so she makes sure not to wake her.
Vida is an expert driver and know how to speed and not alert attention. Most cops weren’t out patrolling at two a.m., but she wasn’t going to risk it. She drives her hours and finally reaches her destination. The storm is still strong, but she finds a nice hotel for the two of them. Again, without waking her, Vida carefully carries Lilah to their room and lays her upon the new bed.
Vida herself is thoroughly exhausted and it is almost seven in the morning. This is the first bit of relief she has though. She spent all night worrying about herself and Lilah that she couldn’t relax for a second. Before climbing into her own bed she gently embraces Lilah and strokes her hair. Finally, Vida undressed and instead of resting heads for the bathroom. She fills the tub and rests in the warm waters. She might not have gotten any sleep, but the bath definitely feels revitalizing.

Lilah had dreams. They had started coming again. Dreams of her parents being trapped while the man that had ruined her life almost laughed. She screamed at him trying to stop him from hurting her parents. She strikes out, but he hits her and she falls back in pain.
Then her dream changes. This time Vida was there. Anger surges through instead of fear. Shes hits him and receives the same. She cries out, but strikes out again. She had screamed at him angrily tis time knocking him down. She had taken Vida's hand and ran through the woods back to the lake where they had met at.
Lilah opened her eyes hours later. She blinked. The surroundings were not familiar. Fear sank it's teeth into her body. She sat up glancing frantically around. "Vida?" she asks a bit of fear in her voice. She gets out of bed and stared out the window then saw the beach. "Vida where are you?" she asks louder now fear evident in her voice now.

Vida practically jumps out of the bath and runs back into the room. “Lilah are you alright?” Her voice is filled with fear as she sees the girl looking around the unfamiliar room. Her body is still dripping wet from her soothing bath as she exhales. Vida’s heart stops pounding while she calmed her nerves. She give Lilah a soft smile while she explains. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there when you woke up.” She peeks out at the stormy beaches below. “While you were asleep I decided to drive us the rest of the way. I didn’t want to wake you.” She pats Lilah on the shoulder while she is still sopping wet. At this point the adrenaline calms down and Vida realizes the situation she’s in. She looks down at her damp, naked body and laughs, “Sorry, I was enjoying a nice bath when I heard you calling.”

Lilah leans against Vida for support. "Oh--oh man ok I--I sorry!" she shrugs. "I had a dream that he had got me and you! We--we can't let that happen!" she blinks back the tears that formed at the corners of her eyes.

Regardless of what state she’s in she still wraps her arms around Lilah and holds her tight. “That will never happen. I won’t let him hurt you.” Vida assure her of this while she wept softly. She stroke her hair and hushes her. “It’s okay Lilah, I’m right here. Everything will be alright.” She wants Lilah to be free of these fears. The world is not as scary as people might believe. Or at least that’s Vida’s feelings. Yes, she is afraid too, but still she believes all things end for the best. Foolishly optimistic or not that’s how Vida sees live and this world.
Vida has definitely become invested in Lilah, not just to protect her, but as a cherished friend. As little as she still knows about the girl, she still wants to do her best to protect her from any and all harm. Not out of commitment to Lilah’s parents, but for her own desires as well. Vida is a protector at her core so it’s only natural for her.

After a while Lilah wipes the tears away. She looks up at Vida. "Do you think it will stop later so we can go to the beach?" she asked pulling gently away and falling back onto the bed. She yawns grinning at Vida's body.

Vida smiles and lies beside her. “I sure hope so, if not we can stay until you get to go out on to the beach.” She promises and looks up at the ceiling. “It’s hard in the beginning I know, but it will get better.” Vida’s ambiguity can touch on quite a few matters. Always travelling, always running, and never getting to go home. All these things make lives like theirs harder.
Another bolt of lightning strikes and makes Lilah jump slightly. Vida giggles and pats her arm gently. She is really starting to enjoy her companionship with the teen. It makes her happy to make someone else happy. She’s always been selfless like that. Adopted stray animals; always helping people with homework in school. It is like she doesn’t have a selfish bone in her body. This isn’t true of course. Vida outwardly is selfless, but she has her selfishness too. Right now all that matters is Lilah and her grand adventure.

Lilah looks at the storm. "Hope so! I've never been, but I always wanted too!" she laughs and grins. "So have you ever been all over the world before? Have you ever been to England before?"

Back
Top Bottom