Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Hand In The Dark by Kuziya and Openhentai

The second Vida sees Lilah she knows the poor teen is putting on a brave face. She stands up and puts a gentle hand on her shoulders. “I just want to do what I can to help. That said, what do you want to do next? This guy still knows where you live. So there’s still a chance you’re in danger.” Vida explains her take on this situation. She didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but she is sure Lilah is thinking the same thing. After something like that anyone would be in a very mentally fragile state.
She takes a seat back on the bed and continues to eat. “Here, eat up. I’m sure you’re hungry.” She offers Lilah a plate with a soft smile as she motions her to join her on the bed.

Lilah sits beside Vida and takes the plate. "Thanks!" she said then started eating. She sighed. "This is a problem! I do want to see mom and dad, but on the other---" she trailed off frowning. She ate silently then trying to think hard.

Vida can at least empathize with her. As much as Lilah wants to be with her family there is still that present danger. It would probably be better to wait for the heat to die down and that guy is put behind bars.
It’s a very tough decision so she leaves it up to Lilah. “Listen Lilah, do you want me to take you home,” Vida knows the ultimatum that this poor girl faces. “Or do you want to come with me?” She knows it’s a hard decision to make. Taking her whole life and pack up, but if she wants to live she might have no choice. “I can still take you home so you can gather your belongings and say your final goodbyes.” She lays a supportive hand on her shoulder. “I’ll help you however I can.” Vida knows a thing or two about what Lilah is going through so this is the least she can do.

Lilah bit her lip in hesitation. She was unsure about what to do. She was sure of one thing though she was going to be terrified of being at her house. "Uh can you help me with my stuff?" she asked. "As long as he's still there i'm not safe. So I want to come with you!"

Vida smiles softly and pats Lilah on the back. “I can do that. Let’s get going.” She finishes her breakfast and grabs what little things she has with her and goes. After dropping the keys off at the front desk Vida hopes in her car with Lilah sitting comfortable in the passenger side.
On the road Vida roads down the windows and lets the wind flow in.
“I know this is hard for you so I’ll let you take as long as you need with your mom and dad. And don’t worry we have plenty of room for your things.” Vida assures her as she focuses on the road. The road in front of her is like any other, but it represents so much more. A road that is never ending. Her life on the road is just as never ending. It’ll be nice to share with it someone else for once. This is hardly the ideal situation, but she is at least happy to have someone else to accompany her. Though, Lilah’s safety is priority number one.

Lilah nodded swallowing the lump in her throat. Yes it was going to be hard to say goodbye and leave, but it was important. She started directing Vida when she recognized the area. "Ok so you turn right and then when the road dead ends you turn left!" she said pulling herself together.

Vida follows Lilah’s directions to the letter and they eventually arrive a small suburban house. Lilah confirms this is her house and they parks in front. This is going to be a very sensitive conversation so she lets Lilah go on ahead as Vida stays a comfortable distance back.
As Lilah rings the door they both hear a set of footsteps running through the house like Clydesdales. The door flies open and an older man and woman stand in shock.
“Lilah, oh thank god you’re alright!” Her mother shouts and wraps her arms around her daughter. Her father quickly follows suit before noticing Vida standing close to their sidewalk.
“So you’re the one who saved our daughter. We cannot thank you enough. Please come inside.” The man happily offers. Vida figured she might as well head inside before telling them the true heart of the matter.
“Thank you, but there is something Lilah wants to talk to you two about.” Vida bows out of the conversation and steps back leaving Lilah the center of their attention.

Lilah blushes in nervousness. "Um listen mom dad! I got away, but he could be here any time. So I well I decided that I wanted to go with Vida for a while if you don't mind!" she finishes and glances over at Vida for help and support.

Vida measures their response. Both looking over at her suspiciously. She steps in, “I know what you are thing. Why would we trust our daughter to a total stranger after what had just happened?”
Lilah’s father steps in, “That’s exactly what I’m thinking.” He doesn’t seem too happy with their plan.
“If you’ll hear me out. This man knows you from what I’ve gathered. He knows your family and where you live. In other words Lilah’s still in danger unless you never plan on leaving her alone again.” Vida’s words are harsh but true. “This man doesn’t know me nor does he know to look for me.”
“I still don’t know why we need to trust our daughter to you.” He is still skeptical which Vida is in no way offended.
“I will give you my phone number. You can call her whenever and wherever you want. I’ll give you my license and my plate numbers. The make and model of my car. I don’t care if you track our every movement. I feel like I’m too deep into this now to just let her go. I will take responsibility. Just ask Lilah if this is what she wants.” She looks back at Lilah. She still looks worried and timid.

Lilah stood there listening to the talk. On one hand she could see her dad's point of veiw on the other she needed to leave. She timidly steps forward. "Mom dad listen he can and will take me back if I stay here! I know you don't want that do you? Vida is the one who rescued me from him anyway! She got me out of the woods and away from danger---" she glances back and shudders. "Well I know it's a tough decision but I want to go with Vida!"

Lilah steps back and sighs. Yes it was a tough decision. A really tough decision, but she was hoping that they would put her safety first. "Like Vida said she has a phone! It'll be ok and you don't have to worry. You can call me whenever you want just please let me leave! If I stay i'm going to be looking over my shoulder constantly and I won't feel safe around here until he is caught! So pleas please please let me go with her!"

Both of her parents look at her. Vida herself just watches patiently. Surely they wouldn’t ignore the cries of their daughter. She knows what’s going to happen.
Sure enough, they both nod and Lilah’s mother speaks up. “We understand.” She walks up to Lilah and hugs her tightly. “I wish we could protect you dear, but you’re right.” She sobs slightly, “We just want you to be safe. That’s all we ever want.”
Her father speaks up next. “We will make sure he’s locked up so you can come home safely.” He turns next to Vida. “I will hold you to your world that you’ll keep my daughter safe.” He gives Vida very stern look.
She herself expected no less and is not fazed by the daunting glare. “I’ll protect her.” This is all she needed to say. No swearing on it, grandiose promises, or claims to protect her with Lilah with her own life. All those flowery words aren’t her style. Simply saying it is enough. “You better pack your things Lilah. We’re leaving as soon as possible.” Vida steps out of the house and back towards her car. She sits inside and waits. She’s always had a paranoid side. She is just sitting and watching cars come by. She is observing each vehicle.

Lilah nodded and ran up the stairs. She reached her room and pulled out a suitcase. She neatly folds clothes packing them inside making room for others. She slipped in some extra shoes and she packed her toothbrush and toothpaste. She packed deoterrent and her shower stuff. she slipped in her jacket and stared around the room looking for anything else. She crossed picking up a diary and slipping it in too. She picked up the nook her parents had gotten her for christmas and held it searching for the case. Pulling out the gray case she slipped it in along with the charger and lay it on the bed to finish packing.

A couple minutes later Lilah comes out with her nook in one hand and her suitcase in the other. She walks over to the car and puts the nook in the passenger seat before looking at Vida. "Uh what do you want me to do with my suitcase?" she asks sitting it down on the driveway.

Vida smirks, “I’d say dump it and find a duffel bag to put your things in. Life on the road doesn’t give you much room for stuff. Clothes, hygienic things, and provisions are all we have room for. Looks like you’ll be able to fit this all in a moderate sized bag.” She opens up and looks through all of Lilah’s possessions. Only the essentials are allowed, her car has a decent sized trunk, but it also holds her things too. She pops the trunk and pulls out an old duffel bag and tosses Lilah’s things in it. “You don’t really need to worry about anything else. Just run the suitcase back in and say your final goodbyes.”
Vida knows this will be a tough adjustment for Lilah. This style of living is certainly not for everyone. Moreover, it’s incredibly inconvenient at times. Having no permanent residence creates a lot of issues. It’s the life she’s lived for years though. She just hopes Lilah can adjust well.

Lilah took the suitcase and left the nook behind. She went back in and put it away. She came down slowly feeling the old familiar stairs. She walks to her parents and silently hugs them goodbye. "I'll miss you!" she said tears falling from her eyes. "Promise to call ok?" she asks trying to be strong. "I love you!"

Vida sits solemnly in the front seat of her car until Lilah joins her. She can tell Lilah’s putting on a brave face so she makes no comment. Once Lilah gets in she starts the car and drives off with no clear destination in mind. That is Vida’s mentality drive wherever her heart guides her. She looks over at Lilah who is clearly still trying to cope.
She smiles, “I think you will like living like this. All the other circumstances aside. You’ll get to see so many places and meet so many people.” She emphasizes the glamor to hopefully cheer Lilah up, but she knows it’ll take more than that. “I’ve been doing this for five years now. I’m sure you’ll quickly learn to love it.” She pats Lilah on the shoulder. “How about for our first destination you decide where we go?” Vida grins hoping to excite Lilah’s spirit.

"Woe really? Hmm Maybe we can go to myrtle beach can we? Ive always wanted to see the beach! Can we?" Vida was right that cheered her up. She had always wanted to go there even as a little kid and now here was her chance.

Vida smirks, “That’s the spirit. Myrtle Beach it is.” Vida takes the first highway South to Myrtle Beach. “I will warn you though, it’s going to be a long drive. So be prepared to sit around a lot in this car.” She did make frequent stops and rested at motels to break the tedium of constantly driving. She does notice Lilah’s Nook. “Well reading will definitely help. If you ever feel your legs cramping or need to stop to eat just let me know.” The glamor of this lifestyle is that it’s like a vacation everywhere you go. Money is something she has to keep in mind, but thankfully her travelling blog helps fund her travels quite a bit. Though, she does know how to be frugal too. She doesn’t need fancy hotels or material things. Just adventure and excitement. Which Vida has a feeling she’ll have a lot of both with Lilah accompanying her.

"Ok!" Lilah said pulling out her fully charged nook and going to My Sister's keeper and beginning to read. She always got so into books so she didn't notice the time passing by. She smiled trying to relax she leaned back against the seat.

The hours pass by quickly as their day slowly turns to night. Vida is fine with driving all night, but she knows it’d be better if she stopped for the night. Lilah was so engrossed in her book she didn’t seem to notice the time passing right by them, but by now she looks like she is napping. Vida smiles, she looks so calm and peaceful it would be a shame if she woke her. Vida pulls off the highway into a small town and finds the first motel she can.
Vida steps out of the car and into the motel. She’s greeted by the friendly receptionist and asks for a small room for two. She pulls around back and up to the door of their room. Vida does her best effort to pick up the sleeping teen without waking her. Unsurprisingly, Lilah herself is not to lift and doesn’t stir from her rest. Vida gently lies her on one of the beds and runs back to grab their things. She runs back in and locks the room up tight.
She can’t help notice how cute Lilah looks just lying peacefully like doll. She smiles and orders them both room service.

Lilah had fallen asleep reading the book. Images of the book swirled together in a blur. She didn't know how long she slept, but she finally woke blinking and yawning. She looked around. She was lying on a bed instead of leaning against the seat. She yawns again and sits up. "huhhh where are we?" she asks looking around once more. "And how did I go from sitting in the car to lying on a bed? I guess we must have parked somewhere right?"

“You are a remarkably sound sleeper.” Vida laughs. “You fell asleep in the car. I got us a room here about an hour ago.” Vida demonstrates by showing she’d already eaten her meal. “It’s about eight now.” She shows Lilah the time. “Here, eat up. You’re probably starving.” She chuckles and lies back down on her own bed.
Vida picks up her phone and begins typing away. She makes a quick post on her blog about her travels. Specifically her trip to see the Grand Canyon. The thing is that trip was a bit over a month ago. She was smart to never give her exact location away. This is the free spirited life she lives, but she also tended to be methodical and paranoid. Though for good reasons. While she’d prefer not to admit it she and Lilah have more in common than she knows.
She turns her attention back to Lilah who is busy eating. “We have time to kill right now. Anything you want to do?” Vida herself didn’t have any plans, but this is a quaint town with plenty to do from what she saw.

Lilah laughed. "Yeah I've been told that a lot! Uh I don't know really what to do! I don't know what's in this town," then she stops. "Hey Vida I have a question. What kind of stuff do you like to do?"

Vida shrugs, “I’m a woman of simple tastes. Taking walks, swimming, and meeting new people.” She looks up at the ceiling. “That’s why I chose to live my life like this. I’ve always wanted excitement and adventure.” She smiles nostalgically. “So when you’re done we can do whatever you want. There’s a pool around back, a movie theater, and plenty of stores in town. Or if you want we can just stay here and talk more.” Vida looks over to Lilah and smiles softly.
She figures a girl like Lilah hasn’t seen my excitement in her life yet. Before all this Lilah was mostly likely just another everyday schoolgirl. Vida remembers a time when she could say the same, but now here they both are seeing the world together. Of course this is only the first leg of their adventure too. There is still plenty of life left to live that’s for sure. Vida herself is use to following her own whim so she figures why not let Lilah take over for a little.

Lilah grins. "Ok so if you like swimming then let's go swimming!" she finishes and puts her plate on the tray. She stood up and rummaged through her bag pulling out her swimsuit. She glances at her nook and picks it up. She looks at the battery life left and nods. Then she puts it down and goes to change.

Vida smiles and reaches for her things. It’d been a while since she’d last had a chance to swim. She pulls out a black bikini and matching bottoms which she’s had for a long time. She loved the look of it and all the looks others would give her.
“I’ll quickly get changed.” Vida heads for the bathroom and closes the door. She wastes no time stripping down until she is naked. Before she puts on her swimsuit she gives herself a once over in the mirror. A nice bust, slender waist, and narrow hips. She isn't the curviest woman around, but that doesn’t really bother her. She was always more athletic than she was a femme fatale. Vida quickly dawns her swimsuit and looks at herself once more. It definitely didn’t leave a lot to the imagination. The top covered her breasts, but emphasized her cleavage and exposed some side boob. The bottoms themselves were a little small and tight. Not enough to be uncomfortable, but enough to make her ass seem larger than it really is.
“All done, what do you think?” Vida chuckles and does a spin. She reaches for one of the motel towels and throws it over her shoulders. She now waits for Lilah to change, but the young teen just seems to keep staring at her.

Back
Top Bottom