Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Jude was happy to hear a laugh from the boy at least it meant hopefully he was not upset if he was able to laugh. "No need to be sorry, Gab." Jude said denying to accept his apology, "Just maybe run off in the same district," He laughed again and slowly pulled back to show Gab smile and handed him a Kleenex. Stepping back to give him space, Jude looked around at the place that held Central Park and the theaters things like that. It would be nice to just........

"I was in F-district again, but I only go there for important reasons, and remember I was born here, so I am always gonna be okay," He turned back to Gabriel a confident smile that held no doubt, "I promise though, I won't be as late like that again....promise, sorry to leave you hanging like that....real uncool of me." Jude looked up at Gab hoping this time his apology would be accepted.

"Ok but seriously those guys be careful over there! So where are we gonna go now?" he asked smiling again.

Jude looked between relieved and stunned at how soon and easily Gabriel took the news of the f-district, he was sure he had not fully processed it yet. But he got distracted by the question of what next? He looked around with a curiosity and thought before clicking his fingers, "What better place than Central Park? Tourist city for sure," He smirked nudging Gabriel playfully before grabbing his wrist and tugging a bit before jogging, "Come on, its this way." They weaved around people.

In truth Jude was right. Gabriel hadn't fully processed it yet. It took some time before it truly sank in. "Central Park?? he asked. "Is it big? Uh have you been there?" his questions just kept flowing as he weaved in and out of the crowd.

"Course I have and finally managed to see it all!" He laughed leading the way to a tear shaped part of the park it had a memorial to John Lennon of because he got shot and murder there. In the tear drop was a back and white circles looking like an eclipsing dark and light moons. In the circle it said imagine another symbol of and song by the Beatles member. Around the entire memorial were strawberry flower petals.

Jude explained all this and a bit about the Beatles another of his favorite bands. There was a walking tour, bike tour, that was going to take them through the gorgeous fields, "Well which one Gab?"

!"Gabriel was amazed at all of this information. Sadly he had never really heard of the Beetles and just stood there blinking. "Bike let's go with the bike

Jude let Gabriel soak it all in information, before nodding, "Okay bike it is, lets get a two-seater so I don't end up leaving you in the dust." Jude joked unsure if Gabriel knew how to ride a bike.

"Ok let's go!" Gabriel followed Jude to the bikes and studied them. God he was so shut in. He could barely ride a bike so he was glad for the offer. He helped Jude with the bike and jumped on.

With Gabriel's help, Jude pulled the bike out and hopped on the front since it controlled the steering and what not. Gabriel got the back and would help him pedal along. "Alright ready Gab?" He asked looking over his shoulder.

Jude nodded and started pedaling. They rode past a long field of all different types of gardening flowers blowing in the gentle breeze picked up the gentle aroma that was rich and flowery in scent. Through speakers unseen played the Beatles song Dear Prudence.

Gabriel smiled at the flowers and enjoyed the music. It wasn't bad but he was trying not to mess up or crash them to pay a lot of attention. He did smell the great smells though and smiled wider. "It's so awesome!" he said in wonder. "That's cool we don't have nothing like this back in MA!" Then he had to remember that he didn't live there anymore and jerked back his foot missing the pedle completely.

"Nah this is pretty special to New York City and this is just the beginning, wait to till you see the other plants and flowers! There is a section from England, Italy and Island plants," Jude explained as he pedaled and steered, "And you can look around more Gab, I got the steering up here so we won't crash, enjoy the sights, smells and sounds!"

In the long pond to their left frogs ribbeted in the water and you could see the water move with fish.

"Ok cool! Woe that's awesome! Look at the water!" Gabriel stood up on the pedals pedaling a bit fast happy about the water. He sat down laughing! "It's so beautiful and spectacular!" he breathed grinning widely.

When Gabriel laughed and smiled like that, it was completely contagious and it had Jude laughing and looking at the water pointing out a few fish and naming them. When he was Gabriel it was like he was one of those normal teenagers. They passed into the England flowers that had signs to name them, a new Beatles song played them through that part, "I know its fantastic think of all the importing they had to do." Jude let out a whistle. They pedaled on to the Italy section where there were pretty dark and lush colored flowers and very artistic plants. "Let me know when you want a water break, Gab."

"Ok" Gabriel said smiling at the flowers. It was so awesome being here and looking at all the things Central Park had. It was massive Gabriel had come to that conclusion and he was astonished by everything he saw.

The bike ride took a total of two hours and by then Gabriel was familiar with a lot of the Beatles songs. They parked in the bike rack and got off. Getting rewarded for their long ride with a smoothie stand free of charge. Jude got wild berry and slurped it going to sit on a bench. When Gabriel joined him, Jude asked, "Which flavor did you get? And what do you think about the Beatles?" They had played all the well liked plus a handful and a half more songs.

"I got strawberry! I like this park! Now I like the Beatles too!" he leaned back slurping his. "Hey Jude have you ever gone to any other state? You know like MA or Ky or CA? You know states like that?"

Jude gave his signature thumbs up before bumping shoulders with Gab lightly biting his straw as he spoke, "It always works, my secret is bring people here instant Beatles fan, haha! And I snagged you now, Gab!" With more satisfied laughter he teen grinned sipping listening to Gabriel' question,

"Nope not in real life virtually sure, I seen pictures and videos and stuff." Jude watched a bird fly up and russle flower petals around and into the air, "I was born here, and I will probably always stay..... you know being a city boy and all." Jude neither sounded happy nor sad about that statement.

"Ah I see! It's cool this is my first time being out of MA but I have a dream of seeing the world and not just America! Do you ever have dreams like that?" he asked sucking at the smoothie.

"To go out and see the world?" Jude repeated in a thoughtful tone. To be away from Holden and his gang.....was a mixed feeling of desire and confusion. Jude took in sips of his smoothie thinking quietly till it was almost gone, "I guess, I would like to move somewhere a bit more quiet, yeah I think that is a dream, is it Gab?" He shifted his perfectly balanced green eyes over to him.

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah it is!" he finished his smoothie quietly too then sighed. He held the cup staring down into it's depths then looked up. "Do you ever think dreams will come true?" he asked quietly.

Jude moved his cup lightly in his hands before getting up and tossing it in the trash, "I don't know....sometimes I think so....but other times I think that is kinda childish, so I stop thinking about it," Jude gave his two sided yet confused answer because he was really unsure, "Hey, there is still cool things I have to show ya here, ready for em, Gab?"

Gabriel sighed. "I believe in them no matter how childish they may seem!" he got up tossing his cup in as well. "Yeah let's do it!"

Jude gave Gabriel his thumbs up before slinging his arms around his shoulders, "Good on you, Gab, keep thinking like that, cuz that is a thing I am gonna admire you about, Gab." And he really did. Giving a short walk they arrived at a whacked out yet cool looking Alice and wonderland statue dedicated to the old story telling when it was created an such.

There was a fun maze with tricks and surprises to get through take the challenge if you dare! Jude grinned over at Gab, "Wanna try it?"

Back
Top Bottom