Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

"K cool!" Gabriel said starting to eat faster. When the woman came back over he ordered that dish grinning widely. He had to agree with Jude this was better than any chinese place ever except china itself.

Jude order a dish called Chow fun which was rice noddles, and seafood mixed in a stir-fry with a great sauce on it. When the food came out, it was served in a bowl and with chopsticks although there were forks an spoons just in case you could not use the other eating utensils.

Jude took time to teach Gabriel how to use them before picking up some food and digging in.

Gabriel dug in as soon as he mastered the chop sticks. It was easy all you had to do was act like it was a spoon and there you go. He dug in loving it He ate and loved it chowing down.

Jude was enjoying his food as well so it was pretty quiet among the pair, but not an awkward quiet like a bit along about the shrimp thing, but a lax pleasant silence of food eating. Whoa, I am being to know a difference between our silence? That is weird but in a odd not bad way. "How is it Gab? Wanna trade off a bit?" He asked loading his chopstick up so Gab could get the full effect of the awesome taste.

"Yeah we'll trade!" Gabriel said doing the exact same thing. He tasted Jude's and he laughed. "Oh man it's so good!" he said licking his lips and grinning. "Nothing can ever compare to chinatown!" he said laughing lightly.

Jude tasted Gabriel's food and mirrored the lip licking at the exact same time as Gab, realizing he did with an inward chuckle. Jude nodded to those wise words with a knowledge,

"You've got it, Gab. That is why I had to bring you here. Yours is good as well!" They finished up and Jude fished out some more of those coupons, "Its on me tonight, Gab, no worries!"

Gabriel had just pulled out his wallet. "You sure?" he asked tucking the wallet back into his pocket. "Well ok then! So where next then?" he asked standing. He was thinking about the district he lived in. He was thinking about exploring his surrounding area by himself.

Jude gave the coupons away than they were good to go, "Well, I think we have to call it a night, its around 10pm and I have to get ......home and all." Jude said with a light smile hoping Gab was not disappointed, "But hey, same time tomorrow?" They made their way to the nearest transit to hop the subway back.

Gabriel looked disappointed but amazed how the time had flown by. "Ok well ok!" he said hopping the train and letting it take him back to his part of the big city.

Jude waved him off as Gabriel hopped the train, he waited a good twenty minutes this time before hopping the train to F-district once more. He went along with Wyatt on a smuggling to a caravan the parts that Jude and the others had been collecting from pawn shops and the likes.

"Jo said he saw you hanging with a fish, today." Jude tired not to tense How did they find out so fast? Jude knew it was only a matter of time..... but so quickly?

"He is just this new kid, got lost." Jude said in a brush off manner. Wyatt just sniggered,

"Yeah sure, that is why you went to cho-ching-chang with em, just watch it youngling. Your duty is here first. Or else how are you going-"

"I know. I get it. Let's just get this pass over done, I really gotta get home..."

Gabriel went to his part, but he didn't go home. He explored around a bit, but it was just some grocery stores and some other stuff but not much. He sat on the porch for a while then slipped and upstairs. He sighed. So many things he had sene today. He lay on his bed and sighed. He wonder what Jude did every night. Did he go home? Doubt it I saw him going to f district last night. So then what does he do? Wonder where his apartment is?

Jude did the passover with Wyatt in a rather sour mood from the information he had been told. Once done, he went straight home and feel asleep.

-----Next Day------

The day was noon again and the weather promised a whole new day to explore on good terms with the sun and clouds but, if Gabriel was there at noon. Jude was not. And the boy was not seen running towards the usual spot in till 2pm that is, if Gabriel waited around that long.

Gabriel stood impatiently on the corner. "Dammit Jude where are you?!" he hissed. It was now one o'clock. He sighed and left walking around his house and disappearing. He walked past the stores and to the park. He jumped onto a swing and sat kicking the air angrily. "Where were you" push. Rush of air. "I at least got there before one" kick. "It was only thirty more minutes...." he kicked the air sailing overhead. "Oh sure i'll be here!" he hissed angrily. He sailed over again glaring at the sky.

Jude looked around hastily catching his breath from all his running, "Dammit, what did I expect...?" He muttered shaking his head at himself before looking around, "Maybe I can still...." Not finishing the sentence but having a hopeful thought, the boy broke into a new run. Running along the sidewalk he raced around not really knowing where he was going at all.

Not knowing got him lost and he had to ask a guy who was mowing his lawn if there was a park or something? Figuring that was the best place to start. Given directions, Jude broke off into another run ignoring the painful stitch in his side that was growing. He walked around the perimeter seeing kids and a few parents and.... Ah! Gab!

"Gab! Gab! Hey!" Jude called trying to draw his attention. Running over waving a hand over his head. He stopped and panted heavily trying to regain some breath.

Gabriel jumped off the swing and landed in front of Jude glaring. "Where the fuck were you? You said you were going to meet me at noon! I waited there for a damn hour and you never showed! Talk about being late!" he hissed angrily. He glared at the boy angry waiting for something. An explanation would be nice.

Jude started as Gabriel landed in front of him, he would have said something like nice air, Gab, but now was not the time. The reason he really started as the curse that flew free from the raven haired males lips. He winced as Gab went on cursing again and unable to look the older teen in the eyes, he look off to he side rubbing lightly at his elbow,

"I um...." Jude tried to get his nerves under control, but it was hard seeing how Gabriel was so mad, "I um....I'm sorry, Gab." He met gray eyes briefly, "I just.... I'm sorry.... I can go or whatever." Jude bit his lip and looked off at the ground his face a little flushed. He did not give a reason though.

"Hmph typical!" Gabriel said storming away. He crossed to the subway and hopped the train. No damn explanation like that would help! Not! he snorted again sitting down angrily and glaring at the window. Did he think it would blow over? He wanted to be with Jude, but friends don't lie to each other! He had lied and regretted it instantly. So--. He hit the seat with his fist then sighed.

Jude turned slowly as Gabriel stormed off, "..... Typical .....?" He repeated unsure what Gabriel meant by that and seriously confused by that single word. What was typical? Well, he did know that Gab was still intensely pissed at him. Letting out a dejected sigh the teen took the steps needed for the swing and sat upon it. I suck. Jude thought looking up at the sky head tilted back to view it,

"I really am sorry, Gab." He whispered into the air. Maybe if he let him calm down?

The subway pulled out and Gabriel looked up and expected Jude to be with him, but he wasn't. Fear flooded him. Where was this subway headed anyway. Please god not back to the f district. Gabriel prayed as the train moved onward. "Oh god Jude i'm sorry!" he said glancing up and down the isle. "I'm sorry I left, i'm sorry I yelled at you and--" he fell back into the seat and stared out the window.

Jude sighed before getting up. Swings had never been his thing or playgrounds....or playing really, not as carefree as the childish yelling around him. Walking back to their meeting spot the reality hit him.

"Ah, fuck!" Running even faster than before he tore down to the subways and tracked the train that just left, it would be back in five minutes. Not fast enough, oh man! He waited impatiently than hopped the train effortlessly,

"You can be mad all you want, even hate me, I get it. But I can't let you get hurt. Not you, Gab."

Gabriel tried to stay calm as the train pulled up. He got off and reached the top before freezing in his tracks. It wasn't district f, but he knew he could get lost. A couple yelled at him to move and he stepped aside his eyes searching turning and he groaned. Reality slammed into him hard. He had been so stupid that he had left without Jude. "Stupid Gabriel Weren! God you are a complete loser for ditching your friend like that!" his fist hit his head and he didn't flinch at the pain because he had done many of times before. Full force too which was why a small bump appeared on his forehead. "What the hell were you thinking?" he hissed again.

Riding the train, Jude was anxious to sit and stood holding the little handles above. When the subway stopped Jude forgot his manners as worry pressed down on him and shove at people and ducking under their arms in a dead run,

“Gabriel!!!” He bellowed out in a loud voice hoping to catch the boy before he got too far, hoping he would hear him and recognize his voice, “Gab--bbbbb!” He called again throwing his head every which way his eyes looking for something familiar in the large crowded city.

Gabriel had started walking when he heard Jude's voice. He ran toward him. "J!" he yelled his eyes filling with tears. He hurtled right into Jude's arms probably surprising him. He buried his face in his shirt. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I yelled at you! I'm sorry I stormed away! I'm sorry I worried you!" he was crying tears flowing down his cheeks and into Jude's shirt.

This did surprise, Jude a great deal when Gabriel came out of nowhere running into him in a hug that made the shorter boy stumbled back before gripping Gabriel's shirt to balance himself. Jude stared over the bent boy's shoulder green eyes very wide. Taking a few moments to get it together, Jude un-gripped one hand to smooth down the wrinkles, he made and pat Gab's back,

"Its okay, I managed not to have a heart attack," He let out a weak laugh, "Your safe. That is all that matters." He said with a breathy sigh. "Plus...I'm the one that should be sorry, this was all my fault." His voice faltered a bit.

ying!" he laughed then finally looked up. "Sorry J!" he said wiping his cheeks.Gabriel shook his head. "You waited for me when I overslept so why did I get mad waiting for you!" he didn't pull away but fought to pull it together. "Man this sucks the newbee cr

Back
Top Bottom