Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Jude found himself smiling at the sight of Gabriel coming out, he got up from the wall and walked up to the teen, "Hey, Gab," he greeted his eyes on the bag that held his old shirt, "I know how to ger blood out," He offered as they walked out of the huge Macy's. They walked a bit with no direction before Jude spoke up again,

"I got a Q, about yesterday, how did it feel to punch someone out?" He gave a toothy smirk.

Gabriel stopped and stared at the boy. "Are you serious? Well it felt like he deserved it!" Gabriel said staring into Jude's eyes. "He deserved what I did to him!"

Jude stared right back as Gabriel spoke a slow grin controting his lips, "Sure your right Gab, sure you are." He nodded as he picked back up the walking.

Jude showed Gabriel the mall and they spent quite a bit of time in there, one place Jude really wanted to take Jude too was the massive music shop, "Over here Gab, let me show ya some great music." He handed gabriel the head phones than switched the song to Avenaged Sevenfold- Hell To The King.

Jude smirked back giving his thumbs up, “Yea, you have not heard all of them, they are my idols in a way.” He nodded going on, “I have all their songs, and I could play you some, sometime.” He then got a bit of a skeptical yet curious look, “You really like it Gab? It’s pretty heavy mental stuff, what type of music do you like anyways.”

"Yeah I like it! Besides I like rock like nickel back and acdc and you know!" he shrugged as if to say do you want me to go on. "Oh yeah I like matallaka too!" he grinned widely then.

Jude felt a large smile press to his face. "Woah!" He gasped loudly before going back over the list in his head, "I gotta say, Gab, I am pleasently surprised, I don't know people who like that type of music, most just listen to rap or country."

Gabriel made a face at country. "Ugh! Horrible! I hate country!" he said pretending to vomit.

Jude cracked up at the slightly over dramatic response, it was funny to say the least, "Ha-ha, Gab, I don't like country either, ready to go? It's getting late and I wanted to show you a bit of china town," He motioned and grinned, "Or more so show ya some good eats."

"Yeah i'm ready! I've had chinese but I bet that it's better than the rest right?" he asked standing up and walking with Jude.

"Oh yeah, my friend, this is the genuine deal, the real stuff." Jude grinned and slung an arm around Gabriel's shoulders as they made the pretty long trek to china town by that time Jude's stomach was really growling and the sun had set.

Gabriel laughed. It was just so easy being around Jude. He wondered why that was. Maybe because he didn't think Gabriel was an outsider. Sure he was definitely a newbee, but he didn't mind hanging out with Jude. And he was discovering that he had stuff in common with the boy.

Jude did take not as Gabriel laughed that he did that lot, Jude got the impression that Gab was a serious loner, but the way he acted around him, proved him otherwise....and made him question why Gabriel ever was such a loner to begin with. If you gave the guy an hour of your day.....he was awesome really.

Jude opened the door the delicious smell of fired rice hitting them hard. "Ahh, the air smells eatable, right? Okay slip your shoes off and put on these slippers or house shoes, kay Gab? It's bad manners to wear shoes inside." Jude informed slipping into the slippers.

Gabriel stared then followed a look of confusion on his face. They walked in and Gabriel groaned with the delicious smells wafting his way. "Oh man it smells so good!" he said swallowing because his mouth had begun to water.

Jude nodded with his agreement and led them to a very short table close to the floor with pillows as chairs, "You can sit on your knees or crossed legged. A lot of people think this is only Japanese culture, but its old Traditional Chinese as well." Jude explained sitting on his knees.

Gabriel stared down at the pillow for a long moment. "But--but where's the chairs the you know!" he did sit cross legged but he had a deep look of confusion on his face.

Jude could not help but laugh at the utter confusion Gabriel displayed, "Well, they use this type of furniture to feel closer to the earth or something like that," Jude tapped his chine unsure before smiling anyways, "Heh, the look on you face is priceless Gab." Jude laughed a bit more those gray orbs just look so puzzled.

A lady came to take there order and Jude spoke up,

"We will have shrimp soup to start with please," When she left Jude looked over at Gabriel, "Opps, I forgot to ask...do you even like shrimp?"

"Uh what's shrimp?" he asked looking puzzled again. He repositioned himself on the pillow. "Does it taste good?" he asked biting his lip.

Jude just stared for a long moment not answering before his lip twitched a bit before a laugh came out, "Oohh, I see! You are joking Gab, heh good one, for a moment I all most took you seriously," Before ether could really say anymore the lady was back setting two hot bowls in front of each teen, a spoon in each dish.

Jude stirred his before spooning up the broth and sipping it pleasantly, "So good." He mumbled through slurps.

Gabriel's eyes showed that he was hurt before he glanced down at the bowl. He stared into it hesitantly. Come on Gabriel you have to be tough!
It's impossible.
You have to! These new yorkers will eat you up and spit you back out if you don't toughen up.
But it's hard.
Look at what happened last night! Do you want that to happen again? Gabriel mentally shook his head. Ok then you can do this.
Sure it was cool to think he could toughen up, but Gabriel didn't think it was going to be at all.

Jude was busy eating so he really missed that hurt look that flooded in Gabriel's eyes. And really he would have not laughed at the boy if he would have just told him he was for real, set him straight. It was rather uncommon to never have eaten shrimp unless you were allergic.

Green eye opened as the food was cleaned from his spoon and he looked over at Gabriel who stared at his bowl, "Hey Gab, it is not gunna bite," Jude reached over and picked up the spoon filling it with the soup before offering it out with a half smile because he as unsure what was wrong, "Try it." He encouraged. The bowl was not full of soup it was just an appetizer after all.

"Jude seriously i've never had shrimp." Gabriel's voice was soft trying and failing to hide his emotions. He cursed himself angrily before tentatively licking the spoon then taking it. he started eating it slowly began eating it sip by sip.

"No.....?" Jude asked a bit slowly still trying to process that as he trailed off as Gabriel seemed in a put off mood. Jude grinned a little when Gabriel started to eat the soup seeming to like it. Losing stamina in what to say from here, a hand brushed at the curls on his forehead before asking,

"What's your favorite meat, Gab?"

"Uh well it would definitely have to be ham and chicken and uh stake!" he started licking his lips. "How about you?" he asked his voice returning to normal.

"Yeah? I like all of those too, adding on turkey and roast beef and bacon and hah, well any meat really, I am a regular carnivore." Jude let out another laugh before taking a menu and turning it around for Gabriel to see, "You would want this dish than, its called Hot Pot, It was chicken and fired rice cooked up in a better way than any mall food court or restaurant, trust me."

Back
Top Bottom