Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

"Wow it's cool! Really I didn't think that NY would have a park!" he laughed then glanced down and around. He stepped onto the grass and grinned.

Jude laughed too, it was hard not to with Gab being so excited, "Yeah most don't know that, since we are mostly concrete round here." He watched Gabriel step on the grass and let out another soft laugh remembering his musing from yesterday, "Hey Gab? Is your grass the real genuine deal?"

"Huh? Isn't grass all real?" he asked turning and staring at Jude in disbelief. "Uh seriously grass is all real right?"

"Nah, there is fake stuff Gab, it just feels and smells like grass but it some sort of other material, its weird stuff, but it works good enough." He started walking along the trail leading around a huge fountain, "A word of the wise, don't come here around night or anywhere really, hobos sleep here, and creepers stalk around the animal and bike rails looking for anyone alone." The new yorker warned.

Gabriel flinched at the word creeper. He remembered the guy from district f and cursed again. He was grateful that Jude hadn't sene it yet, but sooner or later he was going to see it and start to ask.

Jude went over to the fountain's water as they circled it, "Yeah tell me about it Gab," Jude said as he saw the flinch from the teen, "Just stick me till you learn this place a bit better, Gab."

"Ok I didn't know there wasn't real grass. Fake grass gross!" he wrinkled his nose. "Real grass is better J trust me! You can lay in it, smell it freshly cut, It's awesome!"

Jude could not help but laugh at Gabriel's clear display of liking real grass over false grass, he was so certain that it was funny. "At least the park grass is real, I like to come here when the guy cuts it Gab, it smells so good." Jude reminisced lightly before they came out of the park, "Once you come out of the park the left are mostly apartments, a couple of cafe's and stuff and the right is the best a Macy's that is a block long."

"Woe are you serious?" he asked walking towards the store not even looking back. He slipped in and stared around then and smiled. He could totally get a new shirt here.

Jude nodded, "Yup, a lot of people come from around the world to shop there and it has three levels pretty crazy huh, Gab?. Eh? Gab?" Jude looked around than jogged towards the Macy's not again....he thought going in but found Gabriel near the entrance, "Gab, man, you gotta stop doing that, I am too young for a heart attack."

"Huh? Oh sorry J I just wow!" he moved forward toward what he thought was the men's section. He looked at the shirts absentmindedly rubbing his shirt. He pushed the shirts back and nodded.

"I get it, your just excited its cool." Jude followed after Gabriel making sure to keep close, he walked around the mans section just looking about, he moved closer to Gabriel though and finally took notice of his shirt, "Hey....Gab, did you have an accident with this shirt once? Don't want to draw attention but there is dried blood on it." He was assured in his statement. He had seen a few dry blood stains himself in his time.

Gabriel flinched hard. "Oh yeah it well me and a friend got into a fight well Oliver we were wrestling and I brought blood from him and it got on my shirt!" as he lied he looked at a spot above Jude's head. He quickly focused back on the shirt.

Jude watched Gabriel flinch as he must have realized the state of his shirt, he reached out a hand laying it on his shoulder as comfort as he listened to Gabriel explain his story, and really it sounded legit enough, I mean Jude had never been to Massachusetts and did not no a thing of this Oliver guy. Even with the odd way Gab seemed to look above him could have been him recalling the memory.....

Yeah Jude could have almost believed him for sure, or at least not have called him out on it, just let it go, if and only if for one factor. Jude hesitated still...but in the end really was quite concerned and wanted to try and find out what really happened,

"That sound all well and good Gab, expect, one fact, yesterday you wore the exact same shirt, and it had none of this till this morning." He paused letting that fact sink in and watching Gabriel's reaction, "Can I ask again Gab? Will you tell this time, Gab? What happened?" His palm still laid on his left shoulder and he gave it a little squeeze of pressure and encouragement.

Gabriel jerked back hard looking down at the ground. He couldn't tell the boy he had been following him and got into a fight with someone there. He didn't look at Jude. "I--I well--" What now? Jude was expecting an answer. "Yesterday uh well yesterday" he couldn't go on anymore.

Jude felt Gabriel yank away and his arm jumped and swung back to his side. With slightly startled green eyes Jude gazed on at Gab as he struggled to find a way to explain or tell the truth either one or both. He thought back to yesterday on his own denial and how Gab got very intense and even angry. Jude was just not like that...he could understand a lie, a cover up, yeah it was wrong and he knew that, but he could understand it, as well as how he did not like to press people, you do that to much and you have a chance of getting cut open. Not that Gab would but still, it was inter-grained.

"Yesterday something happened." Jude finally summed up after several moments of quiet, "I guess we can leave it at that than Gab, for now." He looked around before shoving his hoodie jacket pockets, "Gunna buy that shirt Gab?" He nodded to the shirt in his hand.

"Look Jude yesterday well I saw you were uh scared about something and I well i'm sorry, but I was worried cuz your my friend and i uh--uh followed you to the f district! There well I got into a fight with a guy who was trying to give me atattoo! I knocked him out and then I left! I'm sorry I lied, but" he seemed to run out of energy and stepped back a few more steps. "That's how I got the blood on my shirt! Yeah i'm gonna buy it!" he sighed and watched the boy closely.

Jude just stood there mouth going open a bit as he gaped at Gabriel, who seemed to want to tell him the truth. Which was a major and wild shock. Green eyes just blinked bewildered as words bubbled up a throat that just could not squeeze through, then.
“What!!!!! GAB?” Hands flung themselves above his head flinging around a bit, “You---- went---- I…..” Jude squeezed his eyes shut shaking his head firmly, his voice going down since he remembered Gabriel hated shouting, “I was fine, Gab…..I told you, “ Still eyes closed it looked like he was trying to breath, to calm as if the picture of Gabriel’s time flowed into his mind,

“And you say I’m crazy for running in the street.” Eyes opened up and arms dropped down to sides as Jude just stared once more still half shocked, “Listen Gab, you could have died last night. That guy could have had more tattoos loons. Than what would your parents say? Oliver? And me? Gab? Knowing you came to find me and died would not sit right with me, man, not one bit.”

Gabriel looked down at the ground. "I'm--i'm sorry, but your my friend and I couldn't let you get hurt! I'd feel bad if I did nothing!" Babriel sighed and took the shirt to the front turning away so he couldn't see Jude's expression.

Jude sighed letting the last shaky breath of fear of what could have happened out, he was still a bit confused and shocked he followed Gabriel to the check out and just stood thinking hands in pockets, "Gab, listen man, its cool that yo see me as a friend, real cool Gab, but just trust me, I am a born street kid, I got myself, and I don't want anyone getting you because your worried, cast it away because I'm fine." He gave a winner smile, "I can handle myself."

With another nod Jude gestured to the bathroom after Gabriel paid for the shirt, "Wanna change before we go?"

Gabriel nodded and headed towards the bathroom. He slipped into a stall and stood staring at a wall. This was new for hm. No one had been worried really about him. Still though he couldn't make the promise that he would listen to Jude and not worry or follow him when he was in danger.

Jude waited outside the males bathroom, he let out a long low sigh in till his body hit the wall gently behind him. Slumping a bit, his hand pushed up twany colored bangs rubbing the forehead beneath it, "Dammit, why can't you just promise? Gab?" He spoke to himself watching people come in and out, "Guess, I'll get crafty, to keep you safe." Jude decided just as equally soft. And the fifteen and a half year old could be. Knowing the city well, if he had too, he could allude and out maneuver Gabriel. It was not a pleasent thought, but more unpleasant to think the blood on his shirt could belong to Gabriel next time.

Gabriel still stood staring at the wall. If he was completely honest with himself he was getting attached to Jude to quickly. He never remembered just flying into a friendship like this, but then there was something about jude that made Gabriel want to be his friend to be around him and protect him no matter the cost.

Jude waited patiently for Gab thinking of all the places he could show him...where to go next? the huge mall? With basically every store alive? That sounded good or the waterfall fountain next? or China town? Nah, they save that for around dinner time.

Finally Gabriel turned away pulling his shirt off and slipping into the new one. He ripped the tags off throwing them away then stepped out his face a smooth mask. It had to be calm so inside he would be calm.

Back
Top Bottom