Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Jude was grinned on the subway ride seeing that Gabriel was already getting better at hopping the underground ride. Coming up form the terminal, they were greeted by the setting sun walking towards Gabriel's house. Jude was just looking around at the suburbs as they crossed through actually neighborhoods with houses.

"Oh me? Nah, I don't Gab, but don't worry, people say I have the tendency to just show up," He said this with a a bit of a mysterious grin. Just than a buzzing noise came vibrating from his right pocket. A quick flash of startledness flash over features. Reaching in his pocket he stopped and took out the one way pager holding it too his ear,

"You are late." The voice filled with hard disapproval made sweat gather under tawny colored bangs. He slowly put the pager back in his pocket no way to communicate since it was just one way and old technology, "Gab? I'm sorry....but I have ta go." He stood still facing away trying to get himself under control but the boss sounded royally ticked, Jude was frightened and it showed by the slight strain in his voice.

Gabriel studied the boy. "J what-what's wrong??" he asked as he heard the voice. He wasn't any good in fight, but something about his voice made Gabriel nervous. "There's something I can do?" back in MA he could help people, but now...

Jude only took another moment to pull himself together silently cursing his moment of fear that got Gab all worried, " Its okay, Gab, really." He said turning around at the waist again to cast a smile and to look at Gabriel's face hoping to ease his fear, "I'll see you tomorrow, around noon okay? Can you manage that Gab?" He asked hoping the time worked with the elder teen.

"Sure fine whatever!" he walked away then disappeared around a corner. He made for his house but then stopped turning and ducking behind a building. Why did Jude look so scared? He recognized the old technology as a pager and after the short conversation he had looked scared.

Jude would have said more turned all the way around and even went after Gabriel if it wee not for him having to go, and go now, [/i]Sorry Gab....He thought before taking off in a burst of speed running for the subway station once more, like he said it was the quickest way and he needed to get the the hideaway a-sap. He raced down the steps weaving in and out business man just getting off work, he hopped onto the subway just as it pulled away, it was heading for F-district.

Gabriel saw the boy run off and sighed. He said you weren't supposed to wonder the city by yourself but still. He slipped through the crowd watching as the boy disappeared down to the subway. He descended too and watched Jude jump onto a sub headed for the f district. He hesitated. Jude had said that it was dangerous, but if it was so dangerous then why get on a subway headed there?

Jude took a seat and bounced his knees in an anxious way. The train ride was about fifteen to twenty minutes tops. Once the subway pulled to a stop Jude rushed out just as quickly and took some sort cuts that were fast and a bit brash. Climbing up a chain-link fence and than skelling down perfectly his feet hit the ground as he ran into an alley pushed the block in with his foot, than triggering the lever. The door was revealed that look hidden with the door the same material and coating as the wall. Rushing in, he raced through the dim lite halls, before he could even do his knock the door slammed open knocking him back onto back. As he recovered and sat up, his boss stood over him glowering down upon him small puffs of smoke coming from the cig,

"'What. The. Fuck?"

"I'm sorry boss, I was just...checking up on thins and got lost track of time." He kept his hands tucked underneath his thighs as Gabriel flashed into his mind, "I'm ready to go, to do whatever you need...boss..." Jude rose careful to not disturb the stop were his boss was standing.

The young adult regarded Jude for a few more silent piercing moments before pressing a hand to his back and shoving him forward, "Get the fuck in here." The door slammed so soundly behind them.

Gabriel watched another train to district f come in and waited then jumped onto it hiding from people. As the train left he sighed and turned his phone off. If this district was bad then he shouldn't have it on so people could call or text him. It took the train ten to fifteen minutes to reach the district. Gabriel jumped off and scrambled up the stairs blinking in the sunlight.

By that time Jude was on the streets of F-districts a dangerous way with many illegal things just swimming in the streets more so than any other part of the city. He was in disguise as he moved sun glass reflected off the setting sun as he moved. He had a flowing coat on that fit well into the murky scenery. Peeking form under the glasses he scanned around than leaned against the wall. Bringing up his hand as if to cough new technology was there in the form of a mini walkie, "The bird has not dropped it load, on standby." He whispered into it, than waited.

Gabriel walked through the streets scanning the crowd. He saw many shady sellers and his stomach clinched. People stared at him and he ducked his head. He knew now why Jude had told him to stay. Oh well too late to go back now. As he was walking a guy came out of the shadows and he halted. Gabriel wanted to run, he couldn't though. Couldn't show fear here.

Jude waited a bored expression upon his face as the sun continued to set, Just this one shipment than I can go...at least the boss was not too peeved. I hope Gab got home okay.... These thoughts moved through his mind as he waited.

"Hey kid want a tattoo?" Gabriel started to back away, but the guy followed. Gabriel glanced around and saw a building. He dove across the street and ran diving behind a building. His breathing was ragged. The guy followed though and Gabriel had to run again. He tore down the down the street pumping his legs as fast as he could. He swung around a corner and tore through an alley back onto another street.

Jude finally saw the movement he was looking for and so it was his time to move, "Flying north." He whispered into the walkie going east. It was a code they had among them. Moving into a mass of waiting people they new would be there that day for the famous Waken Street Performers, the two brothers that do stunts accompanied by music crazy suckers were greedy enough to even go to district f wanting the money from that side too. Jude slipped into the crowd and took in peoples profiles from side glances under his sunglasses finally he worked his way over to the deliver and was passed a key in exchange or a wad of fat cash.

Gabriel stopped, turned, and punched the guy. He swore and fell back. Gabriel advanced angrily. Then tore off. He ran through the crowds but had to stop and punch him. "Fuck off and your goddamn tattoos!" he yelled swinging around and hitting the guy in the nose with all the anger he could sum up. There was a cracking sound and Gabriel realized that he had broken his nose. The guy swung back, but Gabriel twisted the guy's arm then punched him again in the nose. He kicked him next in the knee making him hiss in pain. "Now fuck off mother fucker!" Gabriel said hitting the man in the head knocking him out.

Jude slipped effortlessly through the streets and passed the key off Wyatt, he was handed a few fifty dollar bills before he was allowed to go also leaving behind the mini walkie talkie. He made his way slowly towards the station it was now night time a the moon hidden well by the clouds.

Gabriel glanced around. Blood was on his shirt so he decided to try to go home. He made his way through the crowds to where he vaguely remembered the subway was. He ran down the stairs and hopped a train heading to his house.

Jude got of the subway about twenty minutes before Gabriel made it back to their district even if they were in the same, area they were in completely different neighborhoods that is why Jude was so wowed by Gabriel's house and the suburb-hood. The teen however did manage to make it home.

Gabriel got off the train and after a couple of directions made it back to his house. He looked in the window and then sneaked in and upstairs. He took a shower then slipped into bed. He yawned and fell asleep instantly.

The Next Day

It was close to noon the next day and Jude was waiting by the building he left Gabriel yesterday. Despite the trouble it caused him and the crazy parts and overall weirdness, he really enjoyed his time spent with Gab. It was nice to play games an have a burger with someone, and the boy's observation skills.

The teen was popping fruit flavored bubble gum and blew a bubble waiting. He was standing a bit stiffly but nothing else was amiss to the kid as he wore black jeans a plain black t-shirt and an avenged sevenfold hoddie jacket.

Gabriel slept late. When he woke it was a quarter past twelve. Cursing himself he scrambled into clothes and tore downstairs and ran over to the building. "Sorry J I slept in late!" he called out running full speed. He couldn't stop so he cart wheeled right over Jude landing on his feet behind him.

Jude gasped as Gabriel was suddenly flying over him and landed turning to face him, Jude clapped his hands together lightly, "Well, with that performance I can't help but forgive you, Gab." The boy grinned and walked to he was beside him, "Ready to hit the streets?"

"K so where are we going?" Gabriel said wiping at his shirt. He glanced down and groaned. Why was he so stupid. Yeah he had taken a shower, but he hadn't washed his clothes and now it had stained. He cursed himself and hoped Jude wasn't seeing it.

Jude for right now was a few steps ahead with a pondering look too the question, "District B again, but this time I will show you how to navigate most of that area, we can see some pretty cool things and just hang out, how about it, Gab?" He asked turning around but only focusing hopeful green eyes into gray.

"Ok let's go!" he said starting to walk to the subway. He walked down the stairs then jumped onto the train without the hesitation and sat down. He smirked at Jude confidently.

Jude watched Gabriel do a confident hop on the subway when the coast was clear. The smirked Gab had one of confidence made Jude just smiled before hopping himself with a light wince before giving the older teen a thumps up when joining him on the subway. Once there, Jude led the way into the noon sunlight, okay so you remember that burger place and the first shop we got ran our of? Let's walk north and I will show you something." Once they walked right behind the burger shop and the little strip including the game shop was a park a big one too.

Back
Top Bottom