Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Gabriel leaned into the arm then nodded. He turned and wiped his cheeks. "Thanks J! Maybe I could buy that game!" he dug his wallet out and tried to force a grin onto his face. "So uh where is there another game store around here?"

Jude was relieved when the teen got ahold of his composure and calmed down. He managed up a small smile that was more real than Gabriel's fake one, he left his hand there as Gab leaned into it a bit than brought it down to his side,

"Yeah, you can buy it, Gab, there are plenty of others." He nodded before leading the way out of the store and towards another gaming store, "Soo that means your seventeen or older than, Gab?" Jude realized this and asked.

Gabriel followed Jude "Yeah i'm seventeen right now!" they walked for a while then entered the store. Gabriel looked aroung spotting it he picked the game up and bought it. "So now what?" he asked looking back at the younger teen.

Jude walked along with Gabriel leading the way, he nodded at the age conformation but did not give his own. They went into a rather larger game store that sold all types. He stood around the entrance of the store as Gab went in and got his game, he wondered around the perimeter of the store glancing now and again at covers that caught his eye. When Gab was done, Jude walked over meeting at the entrance again,

He checked his wristwatch, "Well we been playing games and playing chase me around the city for a bit," He grinned and nudged Gabriel to let the older boy know that he was joking about, "Its around seven, so wanna go get those burgers now?"

Gabriel nodded. "So now the burger joint?" he asked as his stomach rumbled loudly. "Good cuz i'm starving!" he said and slipped out.

Jude laughed lightly as Gabriel's stomach grumbled and than his followed right after, "Don't worry stomach, and Gab's too, your about to taste on of the juiciest burgers out there." Leading the way they reached Bob's grub, entering Jude waved to the cashier and sat down at a two seater, who grinned and waved back than looked curiously at Gabriel.

Jude slid Gabriel the menu, "Here you go Gab, I already know what I want." In the menu was every type of burger you could really think of and more along with side dishes like fries, potato salad, col-saw, bake potato, sweet fries and of course a salad. The drinks were ice tea, fresh lemonade. and Pepsi products.

Gabriel studied the menu then wondering if they had his favorite burger from MA. He scanned then nodded. "Ok I know what I want! The famous burger of MA! Let's see potato salad and cherry pepsi!" he smirked as the waitress came over.

Jude looked at Gabriel before looking at the waitress, "A challenge has been issued ah, ha." The teen laughed lightly as Marlene the waitress narrowed her eyes in a clearly kidding way,

"Well, you bet yourself, Rob can wipe this on up, Jude your usually? " Jude nodded grinning with amusement,

"Yup what else Marlene." The waitress nodded and gave Gabriel a kind smile,

"Welcome to New York pumpkin. " She brought out a cherry Pepsi and a regular Pepsi to there table.

"Uh thanks!" Gabriel said taking the pepsi and starting to sip. "What's your usual?" he asked Jude studying him. Suddenly those vivid green eyes came to him. "Hey weren'tyou the kid that almost got hit by my mom and dad's car?" he asked narrowing his eyes at him.

"Mine? Well, Gab, I gotta tell ya, its my favorite mushroom, onion, and BBQ burger with American cheese, bacon, best ever." He found himself almost drooling. He sipped his drink at well studying Gabriel with the same amount of curiosity, it was really odd for Jude to be doing something like this with someone else, I mean he did owe Gab one....but still it was pretty cool.

When the accusation came from the older teen, Jude was setting down his drink as his middle and ring finger flexed to an from around the glass, "Hmm? I don't know what ya mean, Gab." He had a good poker face and his eyes only revealed what he wanted them too.

"Oh yeah!" Gabriel leaned forward staring hard not at Jude's face, but at his fingers. "Then why did your middle and ring finger flex. None of your other fingers just those two! Your lying! Everyone has a tell Jude and flexing your middle and ring is yours! It was you wasn't it!" he was almost across the table now staring the boy down.

Jude was going for another drink of his Pepsi once he thought he had Gabriel fooled but blinked back at the boy as he pointed out his tale for a moment caught off guard the fifteen and a half year old looked startled before looking at his hands with a silent curse he moved them off the table. The significant change in Gabriel really unnerved Jude a bit, the shy sensitive kid from Massachusetts now half way on the table staring him down.

Even if a bit stunned the green eyes stayed on those gray eyes as he tried to muster up a smile that was fake but that more convincing at least to many people, "Hey, just listen Gab," He started to say before Marlene came setting the platter down on a tray before picking up the main dishes,

"Cuse me pumpkin, so I can give you that burger of yours." Jude gave a silent sigh of relief this confrontation was at least interrupted.

Gabriel leaned back and glared at the boy before dropping his gaze to the table. "Thanks!" he said taking the burger and starting to eat. He loved it and all those memories of Oliver came flooding back. He didn't look up at Jude angry that he had come here or wishing the only friend he had ever made was here. He didn't know if he and Jude were friends especially after he had called him out, but it was still true.

Jude picked up his burger and exchanged a few friendly words with Marlene before she moved off. Jude bit into his burger chewing it swiftly yet savoring the taste it was really good. Something that was not good was that Gab seemed to all to himself at the moment, and if Jude was honest he had no idea why the denying words shot so easy from his mouth.....so after a few moments of quiet eating Jude spoke,

"Hey, Gab, like I was saying before listen, your right...it was me and honestly I don't know why I just denied it.." Because that is what your used to denying things to people his mind reminded "Anyways, I guess its a bit embarrassing.....really you probably thought i was some nut job." He let out a soft sort of nervous laugh.

"Well yeah a little!" he said not looking up. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a photo. He stared at it then sighed and put it away. "I thought you were crazy for not paying attention to the street at all!" he rolled his eyes and kept eating. "Look you may think that i'm some hick boy from MA but you don't know! Sure everything fine here, but---" he trailed off ashamed at himself and he blushed. "I'm sorry Jude i'm missing my home state! If i was completely honest back there like I said I really don't want to be here!"

Jude watched Gab during those moments of quiet eating as he pulled out a small snapshot looking at it before putting it away. Jude was curious about this action but did not inquire, he only ate another bite of his burger slowly before speaking up the the older teen.

Jude gave the same soft little laugh as Gab rolled his eyes telling him it was nuts basically, "Yeah, I know." He agreed, "I don't do it often though..." He added before his eyes increased a bit in size as Gabriel went on a spill, "Gab! hang on, I...." Than the other male was aplogizing saying he was homesick. Jude just kinda sat there trying to wrap his mind around all the emotions that came in mere minutes. it was a bit of an overflow.

He finished the food that still laid on his tongue. After swallowing, Jude looked back at Gabriel even if the kid was not looking at him, "Gab....I'm sorry that you are having a rough time....really, it must suck being packed and shipped off...I can't say I get it seeing as I always lived here, but...sorry. I'm probbaly not helping much, but for what its worth, I don't think your a hick, that is jus degrading, your one sharp man, Gab."

Gabriel looked up at him. "Really!" he tried to smile but it didn't come. "NY is just so big! How am I supposed to figure it out?"

Jude nodded vigorously giving an actually smile this time, "Yeah, Gab, you got sharp senses, trust me, no one ever noticed my tell card as quickly as you, or at all even." His eyes look on at the boy still surprised by this fact, "And about navigation Gab, take it one part at a time, I can show you patterns and landmarks to get you places, you will get the hang of it in no time." Jude said confidently polishing off the rest of his meal.

Gabriel blushed at the praise. "Thanks!" he said beginning to continue to eat again. "Ok will you help me with that?" he asked then frowned and groaned. He pulled out his phone. A text said be home safely Gail! He blushed I will he wrote then put it back inside his pocket. "Sorry about that!" he said finishing his burger.

Jude nodded at the question, "Sure thing Gab, I can show you one district at a time starting with-" But the boy's groan and attention to his phone paused Jude as he took the last sip of his drink, "Nah no need, Gab," Jude waved off the aplogly when it was issued, "Anyways I was saying starting with district B, which is this one, part A is easy enough with the schools being there and all. "

Marlene walked over, "Meal coupon Jude dear?"

"Yeah you know it and one used for Gab here."

"Its your last one," She informs but goes to ring them up when Jude handed them over,

"Yeah, I know but its all cool."

Jude moved the straw around his cup shifting the ice-cubes, "Oh those, well ya see there are this winner games I play on line that get you coupons for a free meal at various places, its a little dangerous, but that half the thrill, the other half is winning I won eight free meals here...hm, ha! can't believe I used em so quickly, ah well, we can go. That pays for it all." Jude moved to stand.

Gabriel stood. "So now what? Maybe you could come back to my house and play Grand Theft Auto with me! It'll be in mission mode this time!" he said a small smile on his lips.

Jude was a few steps ahead of him and paused at the request, he turned a the waist and looked at Gabriel with a look just blinking as he processed it, "Really, Gab? Alright, sure, sure I'll come Gab." He nodded his face grateful and his eyes still a wondering with amazement, it was obvious the kid was not used to getting invites to houses just to play video games.

Jude led the way towards the subway.

Gabriel followed and jumped back onto the train. They rode back and he texted his parents. Hey coming back have a friend. then he looked over at Jude. "You got a cell phone? I could add you to my contacts!"

Back
Top Bottom