Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Jude had already walked down two steps towards the underground subway transports but turned as Gabriel's question, "This is where we catch the subways," He explained before hearing the rest and viewing the fear that came to Gabriel's features, "It is okay," Jude took a step back up and offered a hand, "Come' on it won't eat you, I swear." He said in a half joking half assured manner.

Gabriel slowly took the young teen's hand and aed himself to be led down to where trains waited. He gasped and stepped back. "We-we don't have anything like that in MA!" he said and tried to grin.low

Jude took the teens hand and then led the way down there were inclose trains compartments waiting on the tracks. Jude stepped back a bit off balance when Gabriel did, "Ah nah, not there, but its cool, this way," He led the boy around the perimeter away from the ticket scanner which looked pretty fishy is Gabriel noticed. Moving a bit faster, he tugged a bit at Gabriel to keep him moving as they snuck a bit around,

"Okay Gab, we are gonna hop on when that door opens for the last time, got me?" He looked over his shoulder since he had crouch ahead of the boy peering around the huge map watching for busters and their opportunity.

"Uh but J isn't that you know wrong sne use that?" He glanced at the ticket scanner and blanched. we justaking? I got money why don't

Jude cocked his head a bit with a little smile as he was called J. The rest of Gabriel's words getting lost in his thoughts, he had to say he liked the nickname, a lot more than youngling. Pushing those thoughts out of his head, a smirk spilled onto his lips and a mischievous one at that,

"Save your money Gab, its all good." He did not bother to go into right or wrong just reassuring the boy that everything was gonna turn out good. The sounds of the subway geared up as it started to move, "Okay Gab, now! Go first and jump in!" He jumped up and gave the boy an encouraged nudge towards the platform.

Gabriel froze then jumped diving into the train. He landed hard and groaned. "How about that J? Was that Good?" he sighed and sat down or rather sat up. He smiled around pretending he was part of this train.

Jude took a few large strides and than swung into the train just as it left off and walk over and sat down right next to Gabriel smiling all the while it was obvious he was experienced with subway hopping. "You did good, Gab, nice for a first timer. Now we just ride it too the the B-stop." He grinned relaxing against the seat as the train went on. He looked around at the people on the sub-way. They were all types riding the subway all cultures, shapes and sizes.

It could be quite a culture shock to newbies such as Gabriel, but Jude was right at home and it showed by his lax pose.

Gabriel looked around and sighed. "Uh you seem relaxed." he said nervously. He looked around again and tried to be calm but inside he was scared they could be caught or something like that. He sat on the edge of his seat fear flooding through him. He glanced around again and forced himself to lean back into the seat welcoming the support.

Jude watched Gabriel out of the corner of his eyes and could not help but give a good natured laugh, he was really a newbie, poor guy. "Gab, man, its okay." He smiled a bit when the boy finally leaned back, "Okay listen here is something that will put your mind at ease, Gab. We are in the clear, once we left the station those security guards aka busters won't know who we are even if they saw us again in two hours. " He patted the teens shoulder twice before throwing them behind his head as a cushion, "There are that many people here, in the big city."

The subway ride was not very long about five to ten minutes minutes that is how fast they went! The doors opened and the intercom announced stop B. "Here we are." He hopped up waiting for others to file out, "Since your in the suburb area, you are stop A. That is where most apartments and stuff is in many different neighborhoods. Its also the school district, you still gotta take transport there unless you wanna walk for a good hour. Stop B is the main part of the city a good place to get out and hang lots of shops and stuff, a few parks even. But stop C is were most of the parks are including Central Park, the theater, museums and stuff. Stop D is the airport with hotels and the like. And stop F, yeah there is no E....anyways stop F is.... well just don't go there."

Stop F had its shops and restaurants and even a small park, but it was very bad down that part, yes it was bad in the city all together but that part was just stay away zone. Jude often went there, so he would know.

Gabriel nodded mentally checking f off the list. "Ok got it j!" he said getting up and slipping out onto the platform. He waited for Jude then turned. "So where to?"

Jude could not help but smile when he was called J again, "Cool deal Gab." He stepped out next to the teen and into the hanging sun, "Where, is a good question..." He muttered it was just around noon and the good burger joints would be just serving up lunch but might as well do some sight seeing, "Hmm, tell me Gab, what do you like?" Jude asked looking at the boy a bit curiously.

"Hmm well I like video games, and music, and uh well sodku, word search, and crossword puzzles! You know stuff like that. Why? I thought we were going for some burgers!"

Green eyes were roaming around for a good idea as Gab listed off his hobbies and his eyes landed on the perfect burger joint, 'Bob's Grub' He turned back to Gabriel as he asked the question and pointed,

"We are, that is the best place around these parts, but I thought we see around first, plus I know a good game shop. We can even play a few rounds for free." The way he said the last bit, with the little smirk on his lips was the same he wore when hopping the sub-way.

Gabriel nodded and saw the smirk. He narrowed his eyes, but then started walking following the boy. "K cool!" he said grinning.

Jude smirk just grew a bit wider as those gray eyes narrowed his way, he gave an innocent quirk of his eyebrows before leading the way down the pretty busy street even at just noon, "You will get use to all the people Gab, you just gotta always be alert though, don't look like a tourist," He shared more advice as they walked along going to a video game store with some generic name. Entering the place, Jude went over to the gaming systems set up for demos, but he knew ways to get the full version a couple of cheat codes.

"What is your favorite game Gab? A two player one?"

"Uh I guess it would have to be Grand Theft Autio!" he smiled and stepped beside the boy. "Can you get that game up?" he asked looking at the screen.

Jude could not help but grin back with satisfaction glad the teen liked something awesome, he was unsure if this small town boy played something like animal farm or lame like that, "Got it Gab, give me a quicky." Giving the controller a couple of sessions of intense button pressing. Grand Thief Auto came up on two player mode, "We only get the default two guys but all the weapons, lets play." They started off in a city in California each with a small pistol and a knife.

Gabriel took the controller guiding his person to the complete other side of the town. He started firing a demonic smirk on his face. "We'll see how shy i am when your staring down the barrel of a gun!" he started firing his finger hitting the button over and over. Women screamed and died men died and Gabriel laughed and stole a car killing a policeman along the way. He started driving occasionally shooting out the window. Soon though it crashed and he walked along the streets stabbing and killing people.

Jude blinked his green eyes before laughing loudly at the males words, "Heck yeah Gab, talk about a video game bringing out the wicked side." Taking his own guy on a joy-ride making sure to drive on the sidewalk running over many after stealing the car. A copper started chasing him down and Jude's guy got out the car shot him, stole his gun and than just stole the cop car. Tittering a little sadistically he shot as many people as he could.

Finding Gabriel's character he flung open the door for him to get in. In person Jude nudged him slightly, "Dude, lets ride together and try to blow up a helicopter? Hang on to many are surrounding us...." Launching a grenade bodies and mental parts went sky high.

"Ok!" Gabriel's character got in and started shooting. Together they brought down the helicopter. Gabriel heard yelling and turning after shooting a kid in the eye killing it he saw the clerk coming at them. "Uh J I think we should leave look!" he pointed to the clerk. "Meet you outside!" and he took off full speed. Gabriel used to run track and that was how he got his speed. That and lunch were the only good things about public school plus leaving. He ran out the door before the clerk could blink.

Jude was enjoying the game play with Gab, it was a real good time and he had the perfect amount of energy to join in the fun that Jude like to go up too. As they created an absolute mayhem that only a video game could accept, Jude looked over his shoulder at the store clerk than back a Gabriel, "Hang on a second Gab." He started not even seeing worried yet the teen bolted. Setting the controllers down he started to inch around the store get lost in the crowd it was easy as that, no need to run.

Slipping out quickly he jetted off in the direction that Gabriel went, "Ah hell, why run off like a loon in the middle of a city you don't know, Gab?" The boy asked looking around as he jogged searching for the long raven haired teen.

Gabriel ran through crowds and cut around a corner. He tore down past shops then dived into a music shop full of people. He blended in easy going to the back and looking at some nickel back cd. His heart was pounding crazily and his breathing came in sharp gasps.

Jude kept going in the direction he thought Gabriel would go in, this was really finding the hay in the needle stack. His own heart was racing, not from his jog but from the scenarios playing in his mind of what could happen to the newbie all of them very realistic and possible. Lucky for him he saw a person with the same shirt as Gab and the black hair the same length so it had to be him or some twin, but who knew in this big giant apple of a city racing around a group of street performers he picked up speed and stopped outside a music store breath panting lightly.

Taking the chance, he went in searching for Gabriel moving and slipping along the busy shop. Finally he spotted him and a flicker of emotions changed his concerned face quickly, moving forward he approached Gabriel in plain sight now, “Gab! What the hell man?! Do you even get how crazy that was?” His voice rose an octave from normal as he flung his hands up over his head waving them. His vivid green eyes held bit of a glare as he looked up at the older teen.

Gabriel flinched at Jude's voice. He hated getting yelled at or anything higher then a normal voice. He didn't dare look up because tears were in his eyes. when he did they ran down his cheeks. "I--I--I'mmmm s s s s sorry!" his hands covered his eyes and he couldn't look at him anymore. The tears ran down his cheeks and he turned away.

Jude took a step back leaning back more on his left foot, pupils were wide. Now this was something new, Jude had never experienced anyone cry like that just straight out and all that. He was frozen as Gabriel apologized than turned away. Blinking slowly coming out of the shock of emotions a squirming feeling of guilt now peppered his stomach, Jude was not out to make anyone rain water. Taking a breath the teen stepped up and placed his hand on his back just below his shoulder,

"Eah, Gab, its okay, I was just worry is all, did not want ya to get stabbed." He tried to throw in the half joke that got Gab all worked up earlier. After a moment Jude patted his back, "Jus stay with me, okay, Gab? I swear I won't led you into anything dangerous, you come first anyways.... being a newbie and all."

Back
Top Bottom