Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Frogger

Pulsar
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: N/A
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)​

Dear Student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

(Blah, Blah, Blah)

I think you get the point. Anyway~ Who would be interested in a Harry Potter role-play, centered around the descendants of all the major characters in the original series?

I don't know, I was really looking forward to him being a vampire... I was even thinking that he could drink a potion that is like a blood substitute, or something... but it won't work after a while.

I don't see why a vampiric teacher wouldn't work. Proffessor Querall from the first book was suspected of being one, due to the fact that he was almost never seen in daylight, and if his class is placed into the lower bowels of the school then there are no windows for sunlight to go into.

As for magic he was still a wizard before he was transformed and there is nothing to say that a vampire can't be a wizard.

Also if you can take potions to help you retain sanity as a werewolf, why not have a potion that works as a blood substitute? it's magic you don't need to explain it, it would just be a powerful urge\need. I just don't think he should get any abilities for drinking the blood of a student except being stronger after he does so. Like the blood substitute helps but also makes him seem physically weak or anemic.

I think the real question at hand is how are vampires viewed in the HP-verse? Are they thought to be terrible stalkers of the night that kill and feed without remorse, or are they just some other magical race that is a part of life in the wizarding world? If the former, he'll have to keep it a secret or Hogwarts probably wouldn't let him teach. The latter, there shouldn't be an issue. I like having a vampire teacher, should lead to some fun situations.

Hm... I believe we should have it where vampires are feared, much like werewolves were...and yet, the wizards are trying to be understanding about their existence. In other words, he would be reluctant to have anyone find out...and yet, he'd be okay with letting the Potions teacher know, or something along those lines.

malin said:
Also if you can take potions to help you retain sanity as a werewolf, why not have a potion that works as a blood substitute? it's magic you don't need to explain it, it would just be a powerful urge\need. I just don't think he should get any abilities for drinking the blood of a student except being stronger after he does so. Like the blood substitute helps but also makes him seem physically weak or anemic.
Archon could cook something up. Potions Master, go!

See i never got why anyone would the killing curse. Just using the thing rips out a part of the casters very spirit and takes away some of their magical powers, also wouldn't it be more fun to just cast incendeo and watch someone burn?

cause yes some people seek ultimate power over others, but some fuckers... just want to see the world burn.

Ok, how about this: he is a vampire and only the headmistress and the potions master know about that. The potion doesn't surpresses his urges, but it makes it so that he can decide who or what he wants to bite instead of just drinking the blood of anyone who encounters him. That way he could just drink the blood of animals instead of wizards and mugles. I'm sure that there are enough animals inside the forbidden forest and around hogwarts to quench his thirst.

Burn, baby, burn~

Moving on. I think he'll try and focus on drinking from animals, but it just won't be all that appealing... nor will it give him energy. In other words, he will probably often appear as lethargic, pale...that sort of thing. What are ya'll votes on what subject he teaches? I'm thinking either Muggle Studies, or Astronomy...

Astronomy makes sense - being mostly nocturnal would give him an excellent reason to study the stars, though Muggle Studies has a sort of ironic humor to it. ;)

I'd go with Astronomy. We've got students in that class, and Muggle Studies wasn't included in the list of classes.

I JUST REALIZED THAT NILSA IS SLYTHERIN.

SLYTHERIN HEADMISTRESS.

I love your beautiful mind.

Most welcome...

Additionally, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops with Holiday and Archon...

Maybe I'll make a second character to join the student body... perhaps a Gryffindor male...

And I think the "little lion" comment was pure gold. I'm definitely going to use that again...

But then, where would this Gryffindor lad fit in the grand scheme of things? Perhaps seeker on the Quidditch team? And it seems that there are plenty of Ravenclaw ladies to pursue...

Ooooh... What about having a Yule Ball?

And we may need to PM some of the students and tell them that the term is starting and they need to get their butts to school. We've got two or three characters that have yet to appear.

I love the "little lion" comment! Holiday certainly loved it, too.

I was already planning on having it where there is going to be a trip to Hogsmeade... and later on, something along the lines of a Yule Ball, but not with other schools. A Ball to bring all the Houses together for one night, without rivalry or anything like that...

I certainly love that idea. And I think it would definitely bring everyone together, in more ways than one. Fun fun fun.

I'm starting to fear that this is coming to a slow, grinding halt though. People haven't posted in a while... We need to get to the Sorting and such.

I'm going to be off here soon! Have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom