Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Frogger

Pulsar
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: N/A
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)​

Dear Student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

(Blah, Blah, Blah)

I think you get the point. Anyway~ Who would be interested in a Harry Potter role-play, centered around the descendants of all the major characters in the original series?

I could be interested in this. Would there be any type of simple system? Could the ages be a bit higher (maybe 15 for first years?)

If this gets going, I would love to do something for this. I agree though, 14 if not 15 for 1st years. (15 only enters my head to help comply with the rules of BlueMoon though but it's your call in the end).

Personally, I'm not sure about using too many people descended from canons. Using certain aspects is okay with me, like the House of Black (or any of the Sacred Twenty-Eight at that rate, just because it's easy to make an OC from there but not be related to any of the actual canons). But I dunno about allowing people to be related to anyone of the Golden Trio for example, especially when they all have their own families/children. But that's just my opinion.

Hm... Nice input. Alright then! 15 will be the minimum age, and 22 the maximum for students. If you want to be a teacher, you have to be at least 27. As for making a character that is a descendant of a Canon... I think we'll just stick to OCs.

If you wish to be a teacher of a particular class, speak now. I personally reserve being Headmistress, and being the Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

Thank you, Frogger. Glad to have helped out.

I think I'll take up the (since I already teach it on HEX ^^;; ) Charms professor and create a student.

If you wish to allow it as a class, I'd love to teach Wandlore. Also, just wanna chime in that I'm happy with the tweaks so far regarding canon. I have some ideas for "recent history" once we get to fleshing out the setting a bit more.

Wandlore, huh? Sounds like it'd be interesting... I will allow it, but it's not to be a required course. The students have enough required classes as it is. ^^

Fully agree. He'll be a fun character, though. I suppose I could teach another class. Given that Wandlore is such a small, new elective, he may simply teach two classes. Astronomy comes to mind, as that one is required, but I can hold off and let other prospective players pick which ones they want.

Are you open to requiring character sheets that state their strengths/limitations? Maybe a simple point buy type sheet?

What I was initially thinking about the character profile was simply listing their strong points, such as good at Transfiguration, or anything along those lines.

How many strengths/weaknesses each? Also, I was wondering on the age of the teachers? Would 24-25 be okay for the minimum teaching age? I can do 27 but was just pondering other possibilities.

I've always found the idea of the school in the HP universe interesting, and it seems like a really great idea to center a roleplay around, but I'm not very familiar with the series. Would that be a problem?

Not many of each, perhaps just 2 or 3. It's not so much strengths and weaknesses I'm looking for, but rather what are your character's strong points and weaker points. Say, like... My character is great at Charms and Transfiguration, but not so good at Potions. That sort of thing.

I'm not sure 24-25 being the minimum teaching age, seeing as how none of the students will be done with school until 22. I think I'd be willing to do 25, though.

And jackdlemon, that is not a problem! I just ask that you familiarize yourself with the HP universe a little bit, is all. You don't have to know the series, but know what each class teaches, and so forth and so on.

I'll get my sheets in either on the plane or when I return to North Carolina. But I have something mentally in my head. Also though, is it possible to be a Mixed/Half-Blood? (One Muggle/One Magical parent?)

Back
Top Bottom