Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Discussion (Spoiler alerts)

Which house do you belong to?

• Total voters
RE: Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Discussion (Spoiler alerts)

More parodies I love:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qhp3wnKyKA[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0[/video]

Arya: Filers so far. She's on her way to turn into the female Daredevil.

Jon: Am I the only one who's really disappointed with how he came back? I don't mind that we all predicted it. It was logical that Melisandre brings him back, and it was a necessity that he is brought back. But why kill him if you're bringing him back two episodes later? I like GoT because every action is justified and has an impact on the story. You don't kill him just for theatrics. I really hoped his death was to give way for the white walkers to destroy the wall (epic scene) and invade the north. Jon's death will be justified, and Sam's departure will serve to save him from dying. Then Jon's return would have been glorious to save the day. Now its just silly..

... Unless Davos or Melisandre convince him that he served the nights watch "for life" and can technically leave and reclaim the north. That would be the only reason to kill him and immediately revive him.

Sansa: I really wished she stayed with either Littlefinger or Ramsey. Now she's going to reunite with Jon at the wall with Bran and we have a simpler story where the Starks unite against the bad guys..

Bran: They spoiled everything. With his new abilities he can explain R+L=J.

Dorne: So much unrealized potential. In their inheritance laws, the succession doesn't take sex into account. They could have announced Myrcella a queen and defied Tommen's rule. She already likes Dorne and Tristen and could possibly feel sold by her family. Instead we have chaos and blind war by the sand snakes. >,>

Greyjoy: I have high hopes for them. I'm in the part of the books where they do the kingsmoot. Should be fun. Its time for Asha to rise <3

Tyrells: Show me my Margaery is fine >,>

Cersei: My god, Lena. That was some masterful acting. I'm interested in seeing things unfold in King's Landing.

Boltons: Called it.

Littlefinger: He's dying soon, I feel.. They'll find out he killed Lysa Arryn and execute him.

There are talks of Khal Drogo returning or appearing in a flashback or something.

LOVING the parodies!! (It's so easy, haha!)

WHOSE READY FOR EPISODE 3??? More flashbacks, more flashbacks!

And how is everyone feeling out this new season?

I'm loving season 6 so far!! Granted, I cannot compare to the books, but still! I was talking to a friend on here and I told her my theory regarding Jon Snow. Now, as I've said, I've not read the books. I've also not been following any of the crazy theories and blogs and what not about the whole series (book, show, whatever). Turned out that my theory, that I'd come up with on my own, was identical to a really huge theory out there regarding his back story. Now. I found that quite interesting considering my only exposure has been the show. I'll leave it at that...for now. ; )

I will also say that I'm a bit intrigued by Melissandre all of a sudden. I've really disliked her character immensely (not the actress, the character). But her recent actions have me head tilting a little. I'm also curious about her necklace.

I love that Bran is back. His bits have been great, much more so than I thought. I'm anxious for more to develop there. I'm also liking how Sansa is growing as a character. Her scenes whether with Ramsay or Theon or Brienne just have me going...yeah. She's been through a lot and it shows. It also shows that she's learned from her experiences and grown stronger, smarter. Really, the only character that disappoints a little is Arya. I like her, but I'm finding her whole training a bit drab, if I'm critical about it. But still and all, she's great...just not a favorite. Dany is still tops along with Tyrion. Baelish is up there too and I hope for more of him. I really liked the dynamic established between him and Sansa (ala Catlyn), so I'd like to see where that goes exactly. I hope we get to see. And soon. Haha!

Honestly, I could get into more, but tl;dr....I'm loving season 6 a lot and can't wait for episode 3. : )

darkangel76 said:
I'm loving season 6 so far!! Granted, I cannot compare to the books, but still! I was talking to a friend on here and I told her my theory regarding Jon Snow. Now, as I've said, I've not read the books. I've also not been following any of the crazy theories and blogs and what not about the whole series (book, show, whatever). Turned out that my theory, that I'd come up with on my own, was identical to a really huge theory out there regarding his back story. Now. I found that quite interesting considering my only exposure has been the show. I'll leave it at that...for now. ; )

I will also say that I'm a bit intrigued by Melissandre all of a sudden. I've really disliked her character immensely (not the actress, the character). But her recent actions have me head tilting a little. I'm also curious about her necklace.

I love that Bran is back. His bits have been great, much more so than I thought. I'm anxious for more to develop there. I'm also liking how Sansa is growing as a character. Her scenes whether with Ramsay or Theon or Brienne just have me going...yeah. She's been through a lot and it shows. It also shows that she's learned from her experiences and grown stronger, smarter. Really, the only character that disappoints a little is Arya. I like her, but I'm finding her whole training a bit drab, if I'm critical about it. But still and all, she's great...just not a favorite. Dany is still tops along with Tyrion. Baelish is up there too and I hope for more of him. I really liked the dynamic established between him and Sansa (ala Catlyn), so I'd like to see where that goes exactly. I hope we get to see. And soon. Haha!

Honestly, I could get into more, but tl;dr....I'm loving season 6 a lot and can't wait for episode 3. : )

Fortunately the show has passed the books in terms of where the story is at, so you don't really need to read them to speculate.

Yes. I'd been told this, so I'm aware that pretty much everyone is at the same point. The only difference is that those who've read the books might have more insight since no doubt the tv adaptation had to make changes merely because it's moving from one medium to another. This might mean that some scenes are altered slightly, deleted all together, perhaps not every character shows up, etc. As a fan of Tolkien's LotR trilogy, I can tell you this this happened going from books to movie (and I loved these movies) and don't get me started on the abomination that became The Hobbit films. But my gripe there isn't suited for this thread and has more to do with other things than mere adaptation.

Anywayyyyy......lol.

I'm also aware that Martin is highly involved in the screenplay writing of the show, especially the newest season. So that makes me think that though his books aren't yet written, what we're seeing or will be seeing are from his notes. So that's neat. Still as someone who hasn't read, I'm curious as to how different things are and/or if any of those differences bother. Like, with LotR for me...I hardly minded the changes. But with The Hobbit?? The changes were gross. It was no longer even the book. So, you know. I wonder. : )

darkangel76 said:
Yes. I'd been told this, so I'm aware that pretty much everyone is at the same point. The only difference is that those who've read the books might have more insight since no doubt the tv adaptation had to make changes merely because it's moving from one medium to another. This might mean that some scenes are altered slightly, deleted all together, perhaps not every character shows up, etc. As a fan of Tolkien's LotR trilogy, I can tell you this this happened going from books to movie (and I loved these movies) and don't get me started on the abomination that became The Hobbit films. But my gripe there isn't suited for this thread and has more to do with other things than mere adaptation.

Anywayyyyy......lol.

I'm also aware that Martin is highly involved in the screenplay writing of the show, especially the newest season. So that makes me think that though his books aren't yet written, what we're seeing or will be seeing are from his notes. So that's neat. Still as someone who hasn't read, I'm curious as to how different things are and/or if any of those differences bother. Like, with LotR for me...I hardly minded the changes. But with The Hobbit?? The changes were gross. It was no longer even the book. So, you know. I wonder. : )

When the directors approached Martin asking to do their show, he brought them in to a room and said, "I'll let you do a show, if I get to write one episode per season and if you can tell me who Jon Snow's mother is."

They told him the right answer, and Martin gave them the entire story (even the parts that are unfinished) in the event that he dies or passes away. So the directors know how it all ends, Martin's got it all planned out, he just hasn't put it all down on paper yet.

But yes, what we see in the show should reflect what will happen in the books, for the most part, anyway.

This...hearing this makes me so very happy!! You've made my day, Vulgrim!

I also have theories on Jon. I mentioned it above. XD

We found out the truth next episode, so...!

Ser Davos gets all the girls

2x2OGHY.jpg

XD

How many people saw the same parallel of oathbreaking that I saw???
<.<

Warning, my theory is discussed here!!
Honestly, more than ever with last night's episode, I'm believing in my theory that Jon Snow is not just Stark...but that this whole time has been led to believe he's of the wrong Stark's bloodline. That is, more than ever I think he's Leanna's son. NOT Ned's. >.> I also think he's half Targaryen...oh kingly blood of Ice! Hehe!

Anyway, Jon breaks oath of the Night's Watch and Dany breaks oath with the Dosh Khaleen. Ice and Fire, two Targaryens...ohmai!! Won't they be badass against the white walkers when the time finally comes. Just my thought as a humble watcher of the show.

>/////////<

darkangel76 said:
XD

How many people saw the same parallel of oathbreaking that I saw???
<.<

Warning, my theory is discussed here!!
Honestly, more than ever with last night's episode, I'm believing in my theory that Jon Snow is not just Stark...but that this whole time has been led to believe he's of the wrong Stark's bloodline. That is, more than ever I think he's Leanna's son. NOT Ned's. >.> I also think he's half Targaryen...oh kingly blood of Ice! Hehe!

Anyway, Jon breaks oath of the Night's Watch and Dany breaks oath with the Dosh Khaleen. Ice and Fire, two Targaryens...ohmai!! Won't they be badass against the white walkers when the time finally comes. Just my thought as a humble watcher of the show.

>/////////<

It's more or less confirmed that Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, GRRM has been alluding to it for years lol.

Well, you'll have to forgive me for not being up on such things. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I do not follow the blogs or media or anything else regarding things (for the show or books). I've also not read the books. So I'm hardly aware of any speculations out there save my own. I stated that for a reason since I didn't know if my thoughts would align or be considered ridiculous. =(

darkangel76 said:
Well, you'll have to forgive me for not being up on such things. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I do not follow the blogs or media or anything else regarding things (for the show or books). I've also not read the books. So I'm hardly aware of any speculations out there save my own. I stated that for a reason since I didn't know if my thoughts would align or be considered ridiculous. =(

Don't apologize!! It is strongly been implied in the books, but I suggest if you're interested in the history, to pick up the History of A Song of Ice and Fire. It's a FANTASTIC read and the drawn/colored images are worth it alone.

Forgive me if I'm gonna crush some souls, but I felt like this episode was lacking in the department of dialog. It felt so so clumsy this episode. And the weird conversation with Tyrion? Not the best writing. It was a time filler. And for a 10 episode per season, ain't nobody got time for that! The best parts for me personally were Varys (an outstanding actor) the flashback, and the Castle Black scenes.

Anyone heard this new Bran theory? Perhaps a stretch but interesting to think about it when in reference to the Mad King.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/this-game-of-thrones-fan-theory-about-bran-could-change-ever

Miss Melly said:
Anyone heard this new Bran theory? Perhaps a stretch but interesting to think about it when in reference to the Mad King.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/this-game-of-thrones-fan-theory-about-bran-could-change-ever

At the risk of sounding like grumpy cat, I am emphatically going to have to go with "No." There is enough going on with ASOIAF without throwing in dumb time travel/changing theories. I will seriously be done with everything ever if this happens.

I don't read the theories out there. So this is the first I've heard of it. I will say that I have a hard time swallowing the concept based on the show itself. I can't speak from the books perspective. But the idea of time paradoxes seems a bit outlandish for the things set in motion in this series. Bran has a role and, more than likely, a significant one. However, I don't buy into this at all.

Never heard of it. A more plausible theory would be that the three-eyed raven did that to the mad king - not Bran. Bran's story is already set in motion and I think we all know his role in the story right now.

@Vulgrim: Could you please use spoiler tags? I mean, yeah its a theory but its more or less confirmed and I know a lot of people would be pissed if they read it here before it is shown in the show >,>

They've been teasing us over it for a while:
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-GS239_GoTBen_G_20150129230120.jpg
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-GM455_RLJ03_G_20150117023759.jpg
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-GM453_RLJ01_G_20150117023144.jpg

Like I said, certainly a stretch! But you know people are into it when they start conjuring that stuff up, haha.

Forbidden Fruit;; I like that better! But the question being, why? Interesting!

I may be in the minority here, but I have given up hope on Martin ever finishing the book series. The million dollar question is whether or not someone else will finish like Brandon Sanderson had to for The Wheel of Time series, or will the end of TV show be the end of the series as a whole? If A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons is any indicator of the next two books, it may be a good thing that either someone else finishes the books or the TV show is the end.

Outside of the whole Dorne arc and Rickon not being in Skagos, I'm content with how the TV show is going. It'll be interesting how they portray L + R = J within Bran's flashbacks.

So the Hodor thing. I thought it was rather interesting, and clever. But if they are seriously setting a time traveling element, I am going to be quite disappointed. GOT already has a sophisticated plot. Adding a time traveling element would cheapen things somewhat.

I don't think it's a time traveling element, exactly. Bran can't change the past, everything has already happened, even the things he's influenced.

Also, here is my tinfoil hat theory shout Brandon Stark being the Lord of Light. Yes, I'm serious, and yes, I'm a book reader.

Before people dismiss this, hear me out.

Tonight was a very important night. We learned that Bran can go in to the past, and though he can't manifest his own form there, he can Warg in to people from the past and control them directly.

So here is my theory.

A thousand years prior to the show, Bran the Builder created the Wall, stopped the conflict between men and the WW, and preserved the Weirwood trees.

What if Bran the Builder is a Stark that current Bran Warged in to himself, and built the wall, knowing it would be needed a thousand years later? What if he befriended the Bloodraven, a man who said he had been waiting for a thousand years, and Bran the Builder sent him to the tree to wait for Present Bran so that he could teach him a thousand years later?

Bran sent the Bloodraven there himself.

What if there isn't a Lord of Light -- what if every miracle ever performed by the Lord of Light has been an act or a result of Bran's planning over the years? Every generation of Starks has a Bran. What if Bran has Warged in to every Bran since Bran the Builder, building upon his master plan and preparing for the future?

He's been setting up the domino pieces over the course of a thousand years, and he pushes down the first one in the past, and when the last one falls in the future, it will conclude the Song of Ice and Fire.

Bran whispered to Varys in the flames.

Bran drove the Mad King to insanity.

Bran brought Jon back.

Bran performed every miracle the Lord of Light did through planning from the past and for the future. He set it all up; every "miracle' performed by him isn't a miracle at all, it's just a result of his planning, a result of the way he made things.

That's why Jon says there's nothing after death. This is not act of God. This is Bran, and a thousand years of planning for the future and the final battle between men and the Others.

Vulgrim; I'm not mad about that. Interesting theory for sure. Though I'm sort of thinking that it was the Bloodraven that sent the whispers to the Mad King, which would then have him continuously warning Bran "to not interfere" with the past as he once did. But I like this! Thank you for sharing.

Also...

Summer. Come on now. Sloppy writing or the excuse of "can't do that CGI anymore bb! Or don't want to pay any more of the dog trainer." Come on. The "Summer is over" metaphor just isn't cutting it for me. Killing off dire wolf after dire wolf hurts my little Stark heart. Nymeria better make an appearance since we last saw her in the riverlands and that seems to be where Brienne is headed.

Double also,

I'm thinking what happened with Bran was a time paradox? Like he stayed there for too long and influenced the things in the past that were bound to happen anyway? Not sure, but I hope it's explained. Also, pretty sure Coldhands is gonna show up to save Meera and Bran. Now's the time.

And if they wanna really fan service it, it'll be
Benjen Stark.
Even though GRRM has confirmed that they are not the same.

Best death scene in the series so far. The first time he said "Hold the door" I was like "Oh god.. is that why.." >,>

I really hope they explain the time paradox more.

I agree that they're being cheap with the direwolves. I want to see more of them. Coldhands has his elk too, I wonder if they'll decide not to show it lol

Also, that sudden close up penis shot was horror >,< Thank you Emalia >,>

Well they killed off my favorite character (although to be honest I always knew that was coming); then they totally messed up my backup favorite character (seriously he's like a cutprice version of the real thing); so henceforth I renounce all Houses and swear allegiance to R'hllor, god of hottie priestesses, sex magic, and sharp scarlet outfits. For the night is dark and full of terrors! Also they seem really cool with you being kind of drunk and useless, which works for me.

Back
Top Bottom