Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ouija & Talking to Spirits

What exactly is this app you speak of? I'm curious to look at it and everything. Do they have a kindle edition? Is it free? Yes, I'm quite curious and really want to know how it works and everything. >.<

darkangel76 said:
What exactly is this app you speak of? I'm curious to look at it and everything. Do they have a kindle edition? Is it free? Yes, I'm quite curious and really want to know how it works and everything. >.<

That Classic version is free on the iphone but the other versions cost like a dollar. Here's the link to it on the Spud Pickles site: http://spudpickles.com/app/ghost-radar-classic/

I dunno what the algorithims it uses or how accurate it is, honestly. The idea is that spirits or otherworldly beings in the area can figure out how to make their energy influence the readings that results in words showing up on the screen. It's just a fun, neat little thing and I know my own experiences with it being silly and random and also with it working and being creepy accurate. Like, "you just answered a question I was thinking about" really accurate.

Here's a quote by the original designer from the Huffington Post:

"The Ghost Radar looks at readings that the phone can detect, based on the GPS or the FM receiver that's built into all these phones -- if there's any fluctuation of the baseline, it's hoped that there's a paranormal entity out there that can manipulate the sensors on the phone so that it could somehow communicate. That was my intent," Jones said.

*nods* Oh, I understand you. As I said before...I've yet to determine my own thoughts on things because of my own experiences and what I've been able to do/see. So, I don't discount that it could be a paranormal thing or that it could be a scientific thing or that it could be a mix of the two. Whatever it is, I do know I've had experiences. That much is plain and I've only mentioned a mere few above. >///< There are A LOT more for me and I've yet to wrap my brain around the why of any of it... whether it's real, delusional... just what. But they are my experiences. So... yep. I get you. *nods*

Anyway, I'm curious about the app because I want to see if it jives with anything I can do and experience, etc. Just another thing to add to my curiosity and another means to gather data because I'm a data whore... forever the scientist, hehe! And this seems like an interesting way to gather some. :) So thanks for sharing this!!!

darkangel76 said:
*nods* Oh, I understand you. As I said before...I've yet to determine my own thoughts on things because of my own experiences and what I've been able to do/see. So, I don't discount that it could be a paranormal thing or that it could be a scientific thing or that it could be a mix of the two. Whatever it is, I do know I've had experiences. That much is plain and I've only mentioned a mere few above. >///< There are A LOT more for me and I've yet to wrap my brain around the why of any of it... whether it's real, delusional... just what. But they are my experiences. So... yep. I get you. *nods*

Anyway, I'm curious about the app because I want to see if it jives with anything I can do and experience, etc. Just another thing to add to my curiosity and another means to gather data because I'm a data whore... forever the scientist, hehe! And this seems like an interesting way to gather some. :) So thanks for sharing this!!!
Not a problem! At the very least, just have fun with it, you know? One thing I learned with it and reading about it is that when you first turn it on, it is hyper sensitive and you get lots of false readings. Within the first 2-5 minutes of every time I turn it on, it always says a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense(like, one time, when I first used it while on register, I turned it on and it immediately said "So" XD I gather the spirits were unimpressed! Pffft!). The longer you have it on, the more accurate the readings are, or whatever. Also, the spirit energy shows up in degrees of colored blips. Blue being the weakest energy it goes "blue-green-yellow-red".

If you have any interesting experiences come back and share with us! ^.^

*nods* I did manage to find it for my kindle and for free, no less. So I downloaded it and have it running. It's been on for more than 5 minutes now, lol. Yes... when I first turned it on, I got a bunch of green blips and the first word it said was 'meat'! HAHAHA!! It made me giggle. tehehe!!! Now I'm getting yellow and red blips at steady intervals around myself just having my kindle resting near me with a few blue blips farther away. Words are few, but I've heard things like--can (which, to me, meant the verb, not the noun), breathing, fish (ironically, Deadliest Catch is on in the background, haha!!)....

I'm sitting here reading all of these experiences and my skin is crawling, and now I am looking around to the slightest noises.

I'm such a scaredy-cat.

No paranormal experiences for me though.

Ironic said:
I'm sitting here reading all of these experiences and my skin is crawling, and now I am looking around to the slightest noises.

I'm such a scaredy-cat.

No paranormal experiences for me though.

It's not for everyone but I honestly believe it is an "open door" kind of thing like Muffin said. Those who don't want to have experiences/see spirits or don't believe in it don't usually experience things or are very resistant to influence.

So I'm really considering doing a ritual at least a mostly harmless one or go to the supposedly haunted house at midnight, in town.

I've gone to haunted locations before and felt the vibes. I've even gone to places that are regular and have just seen things. I've realized that I'm more of a visual person with whatever it is that causes me to have these experiences. I've seen things that look like cloudy mists hovering and/or spilling over things up to what people would consider full blown manifestations. And, I've seen those alleged shadow people as well among other things. One day perhaps I'll understand the why of it and whether it's a truly scientific thing, paranormal thing or mix of the two. But for now, I leave it open to interpretation because the hell if I know the answer.

darkangel76 said:
I've gone to haunted locations before and felt the vibes. I've even gone to places that are regular and have just seen things. I've realized that I'm more of a visual person with whatever it is that causes me to have these experiences. I've seen things that look like cloudy mists hovering and/or spilling over things up to what people would consider full blown manifestations. And, I've seen those alleged shadow people as well among other things. One day perhaps I'll understand the why of it and whether it's a truly scientific thing, paranormal thing or mix of the two. But for now, I leave it open to interpretation because the hell if I know the answer.

I actually went to the house twice, once at night and once during the day. I didn't really get any vibes or hear anything, I was with some friends. I don't think anyone bought the property yet, but I know its private property so no trespassing. I think I'll find out if any bought the property or not, before I plan on trespassing.

Soooooo, you know how on the box of the Ouija board it says "Do not use the Ouija board in a graveyard"?

Welllllllllllllllllllll....

Square-Charlie-Cheesy.jpg

So, there's a graveyard about 2 miles from my house and since I need to get my ass in shape anyways, I decided to walk there and I brought the Ouija with me. It's an old cemetery with an equal mixture of newer and older graves, with the older being streaked with residue and tipping over. All in all, they're in fairly good shape, with most of the writing being legible except for a couple of really long and flowery epitaphs that continue to elude deciphering. There is a newly remodeled church just across the street from it. I will recount my experiences as follows:

Day 1 - 7/19/2014

I got to the graveyard and immediately took out the ghost radar and it started going wild. Now, of course, that could just be sensitivity because I just turned it on, but I was already asking questions and it was answering them. I forgot to take my notepad with me yesterday or any sort of recording device, so, I forgot a lot of what it said when I was just walking around asking it stuff.

The graveyard is on a hill that slants downwards into some woods, so, I eventually found myself amongst some tall family plot graves where I would be out of sight of the road. There I took out my beach towel and started to set up - the ghost radar was still on and still going crazy, saying things that indicated a curiosity about what I was doing and almost nervousness that I was going to be sitting right on top of them.

I got the board out and called for contact and immediately got a hit. I asked who it was and they told me their name was "Gem". I like it when spirits are interesting and can use their powers to do stuff, so, I asked Gem if she could tell me about my future. She said "Yes" but right when the planchette moved to the yes, the ghost radar piped up and said "Block". I asked if she was unable to use her powers here and she said yes and right when it hit the yes again the radar blurted "Acres". I asked if it was the graveyard blocking her powers and she said yes and I assumed this to be because of the church's proximity and it being on holy ground. Bummer.

tumblr_lxakn9wEIM1qfo293.gif

So, the next thing is kind of weird... I've been looking into it and I'm thinking that I want a spirit familiar, you know a spirit buddy to tell me stuff, offer me protection, get me in contact with "mob boss" spirits in the underworld in case I ever need to whack a guy. You know, normal spirit buddy stuff.

tumblr_lvp14cdVYy1r3pu2jo1_500.png

Anyway, I asked her if she'd be willing to come with me and she said yes but the combination of words from the radar indicated that there would be some difficulty with this. Stumped for the day, I decided to close up shop and left.

Day 2 - 7/20/2014

So, after the promising experiences of the first attempt, I came up with an idea that might help get me my familiar. Graveyard dirt. It has significance for a reason and I thought if I took some and put some of my blood in it and mixed it up, maybe it might bond me and Gem together somehow - or at the very least make a cool thing we could use for future rituals. Either way, win-win.

Yp7Fg1h.gif

So, this time, I brought my notepad with me so I could write down stuff the spirits said to me using the radar. Since I got to the graveyard around 5:45 p.m. I went around the front where there's an old rusty fence - very cool and ala Tim Burton with the vaulted gate, rickety and slanting and attached to a crumbling stone wall - to see if I had to be outta there at any particular time. I had the ghost radar on and I forgot the first thing it said but then it also said "Join" which I took to mean that the spirits were excited about my return and their desire to talk with me. I told them to keep their pants on and started to enter the graveyard from the open side in the wall - no sign, so, I guess I coulda been there all night, eh? - and the radar piped up "Mud". I told them that yes, I was going to take some dirt from some of the graves and asked if that would be okay. They said "Raise" which I took to mean that they understood my intent - and agreed that it would work - to gather the dirt and bond a spirit to me so that we could leave the cemetery together and hold hands and frolic off into the sunset. Badda-bing!

charlie-kelly-dancing-o.gif

Walking around and asking who wanted to give me their dirt didn't get any results - although several blips appeared on the screen while I was walking. Well, the first guy I attempted to get dirt from was named Pat K Francis and while I was digging under the grass top with my trowel, the radar said "Laid" and I took it to be an annoyed type of response, like, "Hey, I'm resting here!" Still, he only said something after I took it, so, I didn't dump it out. The next one was a dude named Edmond who I think might have been a soldier - what with the flag and all - and the last was a child named Mary - only 10 months and 5 days old, the old grave proclaimed in flowery lettering. Very sad.

I was walking along the bottom half of the cemetery and spotted a huge mound; like this large hillock right in the middle of the place with no headstone. I asked aloud "Who lays there?" and the radar immediately said "Congress". I took it to be a joke but then it started going off rapidly saying "Discuss", "Page", and "Prize" which I assumed to mean they wanted me to get my ass in gear and get the Ouija out. I told them to calm down, that I wanted to set up in the same spot as before - near the family name Hand and Catherine's family plot. I waddled over there and set my bag down and the radar said "protection". I wasn't sure if they meant I was being protected by the graves or if I was looking for protection - so as not to be easily spotted from the road by anyone. I agreed that was the case and it said "China" which I took to be another joke - like, "Dude, they're not even looking for you in China."

13822670_gal_zpsde60bd1d.jpg

While I was setting up and after I was seated back on my beach towel with the board out and planchette in hand, the radar said "Method", "Arrange", "Audience", "States", "Will", "Arrangement". I was asking for responses on the board but wasn't getting any and I assumed the arrangement stuff to be alluding to my conversation talking to the spirits and Gem about possibly recruiting some or one of them to follow me out of the cemetery and becomes my familiars. It was asking for some sort of contract or agreement or bond from me. Well, I had my dirt and I told them it would definitely work, that all they had to do was follow me out. I asked if they wanted me to stop coming to the cemetery if it worked and the radar spouted "Sat", "Country", and "Block", which I took to all indicate "Yes, you useless meat bag."

Well, I had my dirt and it was looking like rain or sunset or something soon, so, I began to pack my things up and the radar said "Brief" - which I guess they wanted to talk more but since they couldn't tell me things I wanted to know while there, I was done and ready to leave. It also said "Have" which I took to mean something about taking the dirt - when looking up rituals on how to safely remove graveyard dirt, you're supposed to ask first, be respectful and leave a small token of appreciation. I completely forgot to leave anything for the spirits who's graves I'd taken dirt from and I literally did not have anything that I could leave behind. Now, though, looking back, I guess it could have meant something else.

As I started walking out of the graveyard, I told them to follow me and that everything would be alright. I told them that I had the dirt and that they could leave with me and the radar responded with "Primitive" and "Friendly" - I guess meaning I was using an old ritual and that they enjoyed my visit? I hope so, anyway.

This time while walking, to make sure my friends stayed with me, I kept the ghost radar on while I walked home. As I was passing by the church, it was dead silent, even while I kept talking to them. When I'd completely passed the church and the out buildings nearby, the radar blurted "out" which I took to mean that our attempts so far in freeing them was successful. So, I said "Yay! You got out! Or... did you want me to get out?" The radar responded with "Difficulty" and as I was walking it also said "Fourth" but in a really weird double/metallic/mechanical voice, even more so distorted than the regular voice that the radar has. After that it was silent the rest of the way home.

However, the road I walk on is a really twisty, hilly, rural road. There is this one house on a corner that reminds me of Southern Gothic with the way it was built like those old plantation houses in the south. And it has a huge tree in the front yard with heavy, dark, swooping branches - like a weeping willow's grunge rock cousin. I took a break underneath it, sitting on a pile of stones and watched the scenery while I tried to catch my breath - I really need to get into shape. Now, about this house... on the mail box which I made note of as I passed it yesterday, there is tied a torn "Crime scene" tape on the notch of the mailbox. It's just about 4-5 inches of it, tied in a knot and torn on the edges, but very clearly still saying in repeating lettering "Crime scene". I do not know this house, do not know anything about it but it is empty and there is still a "For Sale" sign in the front yard.

While I was sitting and drinking my water, I got a feeling on my left forearm - the side of me that was facing the house - like a large spiderweb had fallen on me/huge ass mosquito flew into me may day may day/a daddy longlegs was crawling on me. I rubbed my arm and then the feeling was on my left shin, which made me think it was a bug having flight troubles. I swiped at it and looked at my legs when the feeling persisted and hummed along on my other shin but there was nothing there. And again on my left arm, right around where my wrist is. It took me a minute, folks, but I figured out what the fuck that feeling was: the hairs on my arms and legs sticking up... where I was being "touched" by something. I took it as my ghostly companion trying to urge me to go exploring the haunted house and the creepy, decrepit barn next door and I told them "nope" repeatedly.

Anyway, that was what happened and I felt it time to finally update you all.

fangirls-guide-to-charlie-day-3.jpg

Oh, also, I'm making plans and gathering materials to possibly play One Man Hide and Seek. Just for shits and giggles.

little_iveta said:
Your brother is studying the scriptures yet he is using an occultic and satanic device as a medium to communicate with disembodied spirits which is clearly detestable to God. Stop it and burn that profane object, lest both of you be tormented by demonic entities.

You never burn Oujia Boards. That is a very very bad idea. Using one is dangerous, burning it is even worse. Trust me. While using it isn't always bad, the bad stuff associated clearly has a reason for existing.

I know this thread is old(ish), but I actually have a Ouija board experience.

When I was 15, my show choir sang at a high-class hote in the cityl. It was a holiday thing, but we stayed the friday night because we were scheduled for both Friday and Saturday evening, and it was also like, our retreat/bonding thing. There were 16 of us - 8 of each gender - and 4 people to a room (rooms were also split by gender). Anyway, so my director has his own room, and the students had a "room curfew" at 11 PM. Of course, we range from ages 15-18, so we didn't actually follow that rule, especially because that particular hotel is one of the oldest buildings and is supposedly haunted.

So anyway, there's 5 people in my room at around 1 in the morning. We're talking and then all of a sudden one of the senior girls (lets call her Tina) takes out a Ouija, claiming that she used it and it works. So we all gather around, light the candle, and turn off the lights. Now, I was - and still am - a religious person, but I participated in it because 1) I was a newly inducted member and the only sophomore to be accepted that year so I wanted friends and 2) curiosity got the best of me. So we do the thing, and after a couple questions the piece finally starts to move. I'm pretty freaked out, but Tina tells me not to take my finger off until it's done.

Whatever we were doing, most of us didnt like it. When Tina asked if we could know the spirit's name, it said no. She asked if it liked us, and it said no. Then one of the guys started talking like an ass, saying that it wasnt real and demanding that it show proof. At that point the candle dimmed and the drawer that we put our phones in started rattling, and 3 of us, myself included, let go because shit was too crazy. Tina closed the session, saying that she had never experienced that before, and all of us were kind of spooked.

I never touched anything spiritual ever again, except for my bible. But I mean, almost all my family on my dad's side has had paranormal experiences. He went to a college in the Philippines that was built on the ground where an old convent had burned down in a volcanic eruption, and he said he had seen apparitions of nuns walking around at night. My uncle said something used to pull at his sheets in his dorm while he was there. Nothing ever followed me out of the experience, but remembering it still gives me chills.

Back
Top Bottom