Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ouija & Talking to Spirits

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
So, does anyone here have any personal stories about using spirit boards or ghost radars to talk to spirits? Have you tried it? What were the results?

Lately, my siblings and I have been using a Ouija board to try to contact spirits. I know all the "negativity" and stories that surround the boards but honestly, I do not believe in most of it. Last night, we contacted a spirit that said it's name was "Few"(it seemed to have trouble spelling, as it half-spelled a lot of words, usually ending at 3 or 4 letters long; like it spelled romance as "romz"; so, I'm not sure if Few is it's real name or even it's full name). We used the ghost radar app on my phone in conjunction with the board and it seemed to help things move smoothly, whereas before, the spirits have been silent or had trouble moving the planchette. On the app, it shows dots of light to pinpoint the source of spirit energy and the spirit consistently was shown sitting next to my sister Hannah. We asked if it had an affinity for her and it said that it did and near the end of the session when asked what it'd like to talk about, it focused on questions about Hannah and wanted to talk about her.

There was another spirit near us and it stood behind my brother "Bret" for most of the session. When asked whether it "liked" Bret, the spirit said "no" and said the reason was because he was close to God(my brother is very religious; this past school year, he has been going to seminary every day of the week and he reads scriptures before going to bed). We also asked it to predict the future like my brother Nate asked it to predict the gifts a friend of his would get at his birthday party. It said "SDX" and we asked if it meant "DS" but it said "no". I also asked it if I would have a baby and it said I would adopt in 5 years. ^^

We also had it show proof of it's power by blowing out the candle nearest to my brother Nate. It took about 2 minutes but the candle became incredibly small, guttering as if shaken by an invisible wind(and it is identical to the other candles we were using which remained unmoved during this time). We applauded and praised it's use of power and asked it to make the candle flame bigger than the others. Not even a minute later, the flame came alive again, flaring bright.

It was getting late, and since the session was going so pleasantly, we asked if it wanted to say goodbye. It told us "no" and did not wish to stop, so, we quickly ended the session. Still, it's a pretty neat thing. Even the ghost radar, for an app on the phone, is creepily accurate. My brother Bret was doubting the validity of us using the app and right while he was talking it said the word "Bet" which we took to mean it was trying to say his name AND calling him out, like "wanna bet?"

Share your personal stories of using the board or other such tools to contact spirits. Please refrain from second hand events and focus on events you have been present for and been involved with.

Your brother is studying the scriptures yet he is using an occultic and satanic device as a medium to communicate with disembodied spirits which is clearly detestable to God. Stop it and burn that profane object, lest both of you be tormented by demonic entities.

My parents bought me a Ouija board when I was little and my friends and I tried to contact the spirits, but nothing happened. So, to make it fun for my friends, I would slightly push the pointer and act like I didn't do anything. I personally don't believe that the Ouija board can communicate to spirits since I used that board for years and it never moved by itself. Until recently the board was stored under my bed right beneath where my head would lay, it had been there for 13 years.

As far as talking to spirits go, I used to talk to a dead girl when I was little. I really don't remember much except that she was about my age and she wouldn't cross the fence line, I even knew where her grave was and how she died. It really freaked my parents out.

That was so special. Thank you for your input, iveta.

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
My parents bought me a Ouija board when I was little and my friends and I tried to contact the spirits, but nothing happened. So, to make it fun for my friends, I would slightly push the pointer and act like I didn't do anything. I personally don't believe that the Ouija board can communicate to spirits since I used that board for years and it never moved by itself. Until recently the board was stored under my bed right beneath where my head would lay, it had been there for 13 years.

As far as talking to spirits go, I used to talk to a dead girl when I was little. I really don't remember much except that she was about my age and she wouldn't cross the fence line, I even knew where her grave was and how she died. It really freaked my parents out.

I got one because I was interested in having a genuine supernatural experience, so, I'll never move the planchette intentionally or pretend it is a spirit. We've tried several times with varied results. The first time we tried, we got a spirit. And then the other times, we got nothing except the planchette struggling to move once or twice. And then there was this recent time when we tried something different. I truly believe that the times we've communicated with something that it has been something other. Whatever that entity is, I don't know but it was not one of us 4. Nate is too innocent to think of something so elaborate and keep it going with a straight face. Bret is moral to the bone and if not for us cajoling his involvement and influencing him, he would not have joined us; he would not lie about this. And Hannah, from getting so much focus, was chattering and giggling and wobbling in her seat too much, even while the planchette moved with precision and her not looking at it. It was moved about the board, all of us with a fingertip placed lightly on a corner.

Did you ever find out or do any research about the ghost girl to find out how much was true? Why couldn't she cross the fence line? Do you remember?

I have honestly never thought about doing research about her. I should do it, but I'm not even sure where I should start looking. All I remember is that she died from some incurable sickness.

Her grave marker is nestled in a crop of trees that's on our neighbors property and they have an old fence that surrounds their property. I remember having to walk down our long lane to get on the school buss and every time we passed the grave I always looked at the grave, I sometimes even waved. The grave is pretty much illegible now because it was all weathered away so I don't even know her name and it's the only grave there. I'm honestly not sure why she couldn't cross the fence line, I just assumed it was because she was buried on a different property. But, when I was about 8 or so, I was sitting in the living room with my dad watching tv late at night when there was a knock at the door and when my dad answered it nobody was there. He assumed that it was a prank, but there is no way someone could get away that fast without us hearing the running steps on the big old creaking wooden porch.

Oddly enough after my great aunt passed away, I think I was 18 or 19, one of my aunts found her diary and she had talked about how the little girl was the one that knocked on the door when I was little and how she ran away because she was afraid of my dad. My great aunt was also visited by that same girl while she was dying and the little girl couldn't understand why I was growing up and she wasn't. If any of that is true, I don't know.

I'll be honest and say that it's my own experiences with things such as this that have me sort of in the odd state of belief system that I hold. On one hand, I've had strange paranormal experiences--whether they can be explained away by science or something mundane, I've no idea...but being the sort I am, I tend to wonder in the back of my mind...always. And then on the other hand, I AM that researcher who looks for scientific explanations, who likes to have proof set before me before I'll take anything to be facts or truths. As such, I cannot explain what I've been through and as such it leaves a door open for me and thus I'll always question.

Anyway, I've had a handful of experiences though none with anything like a Ouija board. It's all been via my own visuals. Like, I can go somewhere and just feel/see things and I have no idea why this is. Sometimes I think it's just that my brain is wrong and I'm hallucinating or fabricating it. Other times, I honestly do not know. One time was really eerie because I was at a friends apartment, which was pretty old and also supposedly restored--though I did not know this until later on. Anyway, I was at her house and suddenly I got this weird visual of a raven or crow or something flying through the window. It looked like a spirit of some kind and it landed right on her coffee table. It looked at all of us, but only I could see it. I got the chills and felt very frightened, my lungs then constricted like it was hard to breathe and I got the feeling of death. When the thing flew away, cawwing and such, I looked at my friend and immediately asked her who died in the apartment. Her face blanched and she told me about how there was a fire and how a bunch of people died, but that the building was restored from the fire. I had another incident where I worked in a hospital doing research on respiratory viruses. After working there for a bit, I had moments where when I'd walk away from my bench top or leave the room, my stuff would get rearranged upon return. Nothing too nutty, just enough. After this happened a few times, I started noticing this face outside my lab window--mind you, I worked totally alone in my lab, though my floor had other people working on it. Anyway, when I acknowledged the face--what appeared to be that of a young boy--I told him to come in. Well, the next time, he did, though he just stood at a distance. But each time I went away to do something else, he'd leave and my things would be rearranged. I finally asked, when I noticed him again, if he was doing it. He gave me a smile and nodded 'yes'. After that, he only came back a few more times. One time I even saw him running up the hallway, though no one but me saw him. I finally asked the people in the hospital about him and they mentioned that there had been past sightings of this very boy and that however many years back the floor my lab had been on had also been the floor that the kids with terminal illnesses were housed in before it became a research floor.

These are just a couple experiences I've had....I've had several others over the years of my life as well. And each contribute to why I sort of leave the door open to evolving my belief system.

Ghosts are... Weird. Okay, let me set up some background.

One of my fragments is named Trygon, as some of you know. What probably none of you here have been told is that he tells me he's fully capable of catching and consuming errant spirits and other 'ether creatures', as he calls them. I... Don't know if I believe him, honestly. But I can tell he believes himself.

This association he has of 'ghosts=food' makes horror movies difficult. I salivate. Heavily.

Being me is kinda strange sometimes.

I believe in the ether creatures, though. Things that exist in a part of reality only loosely connected to ours. Trygon tells me that other worlds may have a stronger connection to the ether - That ours is weak enough to be useless, but not quite nonexistent. I don't know if they're actually ghosts, as in, something left behind by a life, or if they're just some sort of... Spiritual darkroom, transmitting spikes of emotion onto the very reality of the world, as if it was photopaper. We won't know any more then this in my lifetime, though. Of that I'm sure. Assuming there even is more to know.

I have honestly never thought about doing research about her. I should do it, but I'm not even sure where I should start looking. All I remember is that she died from some incurable sickness.

Her grave marker is nestled in a crop of trees that's on our neighbors property and they have an old fence that surrounds their property. I remember having to walk down our long lane to get on the school buss and every time we passed the grave I always looked at the grave, I sometimes even waved. The grave is pretty much illegible now because it was all weathered away so I don't even know her name and it's the only grave there. I'm honestly not sure why she couldn't cross the fence line, I just assumed it was because she was buried on a different property. But, when I was about 8 or so, I was sitting in the living room with my dad watching tv late at night when there was a knock at the door and when my dad answered it nobody was there. He assumed that it was a prank, but there is no way someone could get away that fast without us hearing the running steps on the big old creaking wooden porch.

Oddly enough after my great aunt passed away, I think I was 18 or 19, one of my aunts found her diary and she had talked about how the little girl was the one that knocked on the door when I was little and how she ran away because she was afraid of my dad. My great aunt was also visited by that same girl while she was dying and the little girl couldn't understand why I was growing up and she wasn't. If any of that is true, I don't know.

Still, that's pretty cool, even though you don't remember a lot of what they remember about it. ^^

darkangel76 said:
I'll be honest and say that it's my own experiences with things such as this that have me sort of in the odd state of belief system that I hold. On one hand, I've had strange paranormal experiences--whether they can be explained away by science or something mundane, I've no idea...but being the sort I am, I tend to wonder in the back of my mind...always. And then on the other hand, I AM that researcher who looks for scientific explanations, who likes to have proof set before me before I'll take anything to be facts or truths. As such, I cannot explain what I've been through and as such it leaves a door open for me and thus I'll always question.

Anyway, I've had a handful of experiences though none with anything like a Ouija board. It's all been via my own visuals. Like, I can go somewhere and just feel/see things and I have no idea why this is. Sometimes I think it's just that my brain is wrong and I'm hallucinating or fabricating it. Other times, I honestly do not know. One time was really eerie because I was at a friends apartment, which was pretty old and also supposedly restored--though I did not know this until later on. Anyway, I was at her house and suddenly I got this weird visual of a raven or crow or something flying through the window. It looked like a spirit of some kind and it landed right on her coffee table. It looked at all of us, but only I could see it. I got the chills and felt very frightened, my lungs then constricted like it was hard to breathe and I got the feeling of death. When the thing flew away, cawwing and such, I looked at my friend and immediately asked her who died in the apartment. Her face blanched and she told me about how there was a fire and how a bunch of people died, but that the building was restored from the fire. I had another incident where I worked in a hospital doing research on respiratory viruses. After working there for a bit, I had moments where when I'd walk away from my bench top or leave the room, my stuff would get rearranged upon return. Nothing too nutty, just enough. After this happened a few times, I started noticing this face outside my lab window--mind you, I worked totally alone in my lab, though my floor had other people working on it. Anyway, when I acknowledged the face--what appeared to be that of a young boy--I told him to come in. Well, the next time, he did, though he just stood at a distance. But each time I went away to do something else, he'd leave and my things would be rearranged. I finally asked, when I noticed him again, if he was doing it. He gave me a smile and nodded 'yes'. After that, he only came back a few more times. One time I even saw him running up the hallway, though no one but me saw him. I finally asked the people in the hospital about him and they mentioned that there had been past sightings of this very boy and that however many years back the floor my lab had been on had also been the floor that the kids with terminal illnesses were housed in before it became a research floor.

These are just a couple experiences I've had....I've had several others over the years of my life as well. And each contribute to why I sort of leave the door open to evolving my belief system.

That is wicked cool and also creepy, dark! ^.^ Particularly the crow flying in like that and no one else seeing it. I'd be freaked out period just because crows are kinda large birds and it'd be weird to have one inside. Did you have a sort of feeling that it wasn't a real crow or was it?

Agreed. There could be plenty of explanations but still there's just those little things... those feelings in your gut that makes it not so easy to dismiss. I'm going to be trying the next few times a couple experiments and see what happens after last night Few spelled my name out on the board right at the beginning and told me he was watching me. Maybe we'll try a session without one of the people(like maybe Hannah or Bret) and see what happens. If we take out everyone at one time or another and the sessions remain the same communicative, then I can know for certain that it is not one of them moving it.

Trygon said:
Ghosts are... Weird. Okay, let me set up some background.

One of my fragments is named Trygon, as some of you know. What probably none of you here have been told is that he tells me he's fully capable of catching and consuming errant spirits and other 'ether creatures', as he calls them. I... Don't know if I believe him, honestly. But I can tell he believes himself.

This association he has of 'ghosts=food' makes horror movies difficult. I salivate. Heavily.

Being me is kinda strange sometimes.

I believe in the ether creatures, though. Things that exist in a part of reality only loosely connected to ours. Trygon tells me that other worlds may have a stronger connection to the ether - That ours is weak enough to be useless, but not quite nonexistent. I don't know if they're actually ghosts, as in, something left behind by a life, or if they're just some sort of... Spiritual darkroom, transmitting spikes of emotion onto the very reality of the world, as if it was photopaper. We won't know any more then this in my lifetime, though. Of that I'm sure. Assuming there even is more to know.

That is some pretty fascinating stuff, Try and I hope I don't offend you by saying that. If there's any more you'd like to share, I'd like to hear about it.

I think I feel that way too; that's why I really hesitate to call them "ghosts" as it kind of makes it seem like they're dead, which I don't think they have ever been alive. At least not on this plane. My brother David sat in our session last night and he brought up time travelers as an explanation for ghost/shadow people sightings.

Has anyone ever seen any shadow people? This past year while suffering from depression and drinking most of the time, I saw a lot of moving shadows and what looked like people out of the corner of my eyes while being home alone. Curious about my experiences, I did some research and found I was not alone in encountering these entities.

I think a spirit made me sick. This last time we had a session, I made Hannah sit out and David joined us. We got a spirit named "D" who was apparently the spirit on the radar with Few during our previous sessions. She told us that Few was asleep and when I asked about being sick, she spelled out Few's name. I have had this cough ever since the session where Few spelled out my name on the board and told me he "c/sees" me. It's been a week. I do not have anything wrong except a persistent cough that sounds like something wet is rattling around in my chest and a weariness that is not attributable to anything. If it gets worse, I'll go to the doctor but if that's all the otherworld has to hit me with, then I can take it.

This is an interesting topic.

I can't say I've had experiences with Ouija boards. This makes me want to test that and haunted locations out though.

As far as spirits go ... well ... kind of. I'm not sure if it's a spirit as much as it is something like an incubus. And I think that as opposed to an actual spirit because I wake up in an out-of-place state of arousal with certain evidence to suggest I'd been fondled or something in my sleep. But it's never from Veinexes, I've asked out of curiosity if he got too impatient or something. So .. I have had something follow me. It hasn't been bothering me much as of late given the lack of scratch marks (that's the main way I know I've been 'visited' by this thing) I haven't gotten. But I'm pretty sure it still lingers around me.

The next closest thing I've had are premonitions. Most were just randomly seen in my sleep, with a few appearing after I did tarot card readings (typically for myself though sometimes for other people as well).

little_iveta said:
Your brother is studying the scriptures yet he is using an occultic and satanic device as a medium to communicate with disembodied spirits which is clearly detestable to God. Stop it and burn that profane object, lest both of you be tormented by demonic entities.

If you believe in such stuff then you know you should not burn an Ouija board. Many believe that this is in a sense opening the door and leaving it open.

I've heard Ouija boards can vary as you're sort of opening a window of sorts and you never know what kind of spirits you will run into. You may run into nothing, you may run into a friendly spirit, you may run into one that will want to cause shit. This is because you're supposedly running into spirits that are in a limbo and haven't yet fully made it to their final destination, be it wherever that is.

I've never used an Ouija board and I don't think I ever would. I don't think I could handle it. I'm skeptical about the whole spirit and supernatural thing, but I don't fully deny the existence of spirits and ghosts. I've had my experiences that don't really have explanations.

A few years ago my door knob started suddenly making jiggly noises like someone was weakly placing their hands on the door knock and failing to turn it, kind of like a cat that wants in a room or a small baby. How they will place their paw/hand on the door knob and attempt to turn it but fail. It kept going at it for about an hour. I assumed my cat just wanted in but nothing compelled me to go let it in. Eventually, my dad who was sat at the desk on the other side of my door opened my bedroom door and peered in like he was looking for something. And he said "...Thought there was some cat stuck in here wanting out." So it wasn't coming from the other side of my bedroom door.

Rudolph Quin said:
I think a spirit made me sick. This last time we had a session, I made Hannah sit out and David joined us. We got a spirit named "D" who was apparently the spirit on the radar with Few during our previous sessions. She told us that Few was asleep and when I asked about being sick, she spelled out Few's name. I have had this cough ever since the session where Few spelled out my name on the board and told me he "c/sees" me. It's been a week. I do not have anything wrong except a persistent cough that sounds like something wet is rattling around in my chest and a weariness that is not attributable to anything. If it gets worse, I'll go to the doctor but if that's all the otherworld has to hit me with, then I can take it.

Yeah you might want to be a little careful, since some spirits may not play as nice as others.

little_iveta said:

Ahahaha, how did I miss this one?

Please, elaborate on how a Ouija board, a toy made by toy makers is satanic or an affront to god. You have an awfully petty view of what your pantheon cares about.

I kinda want to do rituals like three kings, blue baby, doors to your mind, devil game, and others just to see if they are real. However, knowing my luck I do it and get killed.

LadyYunaFFX2 said:
This is an interesting topic.

I can't say I've had experiences with Ouija boards. This makes me want to test that and haunted locations out though.

As far as spirits go ... well ... kind of. I'm not sure if it's a spirit as much as it is something like an incubus. And I think that as opposed to an actual spirit because I wake up in an out-of-place state of arousal with certain evidence to suggest I'd been fondled or something in my sleep. But it's never from Veinexes, I've asked out of curiosity if he got too impatient or something. So .. I have had something follow me. It hasn't been bothering me much as of late given the lack of scratch marks (that's the main way I know I've been 'visited' by this thing) I haven't gotten. But I'm pretty sure it still lingers around me.

The next closest thing I've had are premonitions. Most were just randomly seen in my sleep, with a few appearing after I did tarot card readings (typically for myself though sometimes for other people as well).

Who is Veinexes? Are you saying that you have been visited by something that likes to paw you in your sleep and has left scratch marks on you? And you say it so blase...

Ms_Muffintops said:
If you believe in such stuff then you know you should not burn an Ouija board. Many believe that this is in a sense opening the door and leaving it open.

I've heard Ouija boards can vary as you're sort of opening a window of sorts and you never know what kind of spirits you will run into. You may run into nothing, you may run into a friendly spirit, you may run into one that will want to cause shit. This is because you're supposedly running into spirits that are in a limbo and haven't yet fully made it to their final destination, be it wherever that is.

I've never used an Ouija board and I don't think I ever would. I don't think I could handle it. I'm skeptical about the whole spirit and supernatural thing, but I don't fully deny the existence of spirits and ghosts. I've had my experiences that don't really have explanations.

A few years ago my door knob started suddenly making jiggly noises like someone was weakly placing their hands on the door knock and failing to turn it, kind of like a cat that wants in a room or a small baby. How they will place their paw/hand on the door knob and attempt to turn it but fail. It kept going at it for about an hour. I assumed my cat just wanted in but nothing compelled me to go let it in. Eventually, my dad who was sat at the desk on the other side of my door opened my bedroom door and peered in like he was looking for something. And he said "...Thought there was some cat stuck in here wanting out." So it wasn't coming from the other side of my bedroom door.

Yeah you might want to be a little careful, since some spirits may not play as nice as others.

I'm skeptical of everything I've heard about Ouija board decorum. I do not think the board itself has any significance even while in use. I could use a piece of paper with the alphabet written on it and burn that at the end of a session and have no affect. It is the belief that is that open door; the will of people. Can we put that belief into objects? Yes, through ritual and what someone believes will make them safe or threaten them can give significance to the tools we use. But if I believe that leaving a board without putting the planchette on "goodbye" is still closing it because I am "done" talking, then it will be.

That is really freaky about the doorknob. Did you ever figure out what happened or what it was?

Trygon said:
Ahahaha, how did I miss this one?

Please, elaborate on how a Ouija board, a toy made by toy makers is satanic or an affront to god. You have an awfully petty view of what your pantheon cares about.

Now, now, maybe they had a bad experience. I'd like to hear about it if they have!

Vic, please elaborate on these things you have listed as I have never heard of any of them.

They are rituals that apparently involve the paranormal. However, its hard to differentiate which ones are just creepy pastas and which ones that exactly work. I normally don't believe in the supernatural, but I'd rather not tempt fate ya dig?

Three Kings: http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/wbo0u/please_dont_actually_try_this/

Blue Baby Blue: http://www.urbanlegendsandhorror.com/2010/07/blue-baby-blue.html

Doors to Your Mind: http://www.reddit.com/r/threekings/comments/wmupr/recipe_the_doors_of_your_mind/

The Devil Game: http://www.creepypasta.com/the-devil-game/

Well, it's not a ouija board, but it was from my great-grandmother.

Her and my great-grandfather had always argued over something small. A bowl of fruit. He liked it on the side table by the door, and she liked it on the table. They pass it back and forth every chance they got.

And then he died.

It was a few weeks after the funeral, he was gone and buried. And so she laughed, adn figured that at least she won the argument in the end. So she put the bowl on the table, and went out to work on the farm. When she came back in, the bowl was back on the side table.

Now, she was in her sixties, so she figured she might have just thought she did it, and moved it back to the table. She went to bed shortly after. Next morning, bowl was back on the side table. Now she was pretty damned sure that she'd moved it. But it had been a rough stretch, and she was getting older. So she moved the bowl to the table, ate breakfast, took fruit from it, stared at the bowl, made for damned sure she remembered moving it. No doubts left. And then went to do the morning chores.

And found the bowl back on the side table, right where my great-granfather always put it when she came back in.

At that point...she had the idea that maye he was letting her know he wasn't going to forget her. And was still around. So she laughed again, and left the bowl where it was. Surrendering the argument.

And that's me.

Never encountered any paranormal activity myself, perhaps I'm not open to that sort of thing, which is fine by me. However, my friends and my parents have seemed to have these encounters. Evidently a relative of my friend is haunted by a majority of spirits, I think he mentioned to me at one point a civil war solider that just stands there in his uniform with rigid posture. Then if you sleep in one bed, you'll feel something next to you when nothing is really there.

Now for the closest one I got, was in a story that my parents told me. Evidently, when they brought me home from the hospital, they put me in a room one with of my great grandparents favorite rocking chair. My mom opened the door to check on me at night, and that was chair was rocking back and forth as if someone was sitting in it, watching me. Then when my grandfather died my mom knew he saw someone, someone who he had missed dearly, and at that point his soul left. His body died a bit later.

That's where my supernatural tales end, I don't think I live near anywhere haunted, so I doubt I'll see any ghosts anytime soon.

Rudolph Quin said:
Who is Veinexes? Are you saying that you have been visited by something that likes to paw you in your sleep and has left scratch marks on you? And you say it so blase...
Points to my signature

He's my spouse. Yes, that is what I'm saying. Due to this having happened way before we adopted our kitten Ares, he's eliminated from being a possibility. And to be fair, it's easy to come off as kinda nonchalant when typing this over a forum. No one can hear the tones from anyone who types up each reply after all.

Interesting story, Alvis.

Last night I had a waking nightmare. I've been sleeping in my sister's room while we get things situated and last night, I was fading into sleep facing the wall. I heard hovering very close to my ear a sighing moan. I turned over and my blankets on my shoulder looked like a person above me moving away. I woke up screaming. X3 Thankfully, I didn't wake anybody up.

Hannah left this morning to go to a week long summer camp for girls, so it was just me and the guys doing a seance tonight. We had some difficulty contacting anyone and we tried to think of ideas to attract spirits or ethereal beings. At first, since playing previously in my sister's room with the ghost radar and having the ionized fan blowing on me caused a lot of spirit activity to be detected, I decided to bring the fan out to the kitchen while we did the seance. The ghost radar did detect some spirits but they kept using the radar to let us know they were having difficulty contacting us. I was puzzling over why it wasn't working with the fan there when I realized that all the times I got the most activity from the radar had been... in Hannah's room. And Few, our previous friendly spirit, had said that he enjoyed Hannah's company.

Struck by inspiration, since Hannah wasn't around to lend her power, we collected a few of her things - including a favored hairbrush and pajamas - and set them on the table with us while we conducted the session. Immediately, we got some pips on the radar and the planchette started moving.

It seems that the spirits we contact when Hannah isn't around cannot "do"n things, like tell the future and such. So, the spirit that we did contact, named "Taxes", I asked if she would do a task for me for a price. She was fond of Nate, so, he told her that he would catch her a snake and give it to her and the spirit agreed this was a good thing. Since I've been having some trouble with someone from my past who will not leave me alone, I sent the spirit to them to haunt them and scare them and make them miserable. I'm not sure if this will work but if they leave me alone, then I've got what I wanted and that's all that matters.

Vic Rattlehead said:
They are rituals that apparently involve the paranormal. However, its hard to differentiate which ones are just creepy pastas and which ones that exactly work. I normally don't believe in the supernatural, but I'd rather not tempt fate ya dig?

Three Kings: http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/wbo0u/please_dont_actually_try_this/

Blue Baby Blue: http://www.urbanlegendsandhorror.com/2010/07/blue-baby-blue.html

Doors to Your Mind: http://www.reddit.com/r/threekings/comments/wmupr/recipe_the_doors_of_your_mind/

The Devil Game: http://www.creepypasta.com/the-devil-game/

There is no way I could do any of those. I would be too scared. >.<

Rudolph Quin, if a spirit asked me to catch a snake for them I would go running in the opposite direction. Nopes would be heard around the world.

Anyway, I have a ton of ghost stories that happened to family members. My family lives down a private road, my aunts and uncles are literally my neighbors. So most of the time they have collaborating stories. Do I believe some of them, no, but they are still interesting. If anybody wants to read about them then just let me know.

Besides the little girl, only one other thing has happened to me that can't be explained. I don't know if it's something supernatural or what. But to this day, I have a fear of walking up stairs. Not the solid ones, but the ones that have gaps in between each step where someone could grab your ankle as you walk up. There is this thing that lives on my families property, they call it the nimrod. Why they call it that, I have no idea. But I have seen it twice when I was little.

The first time I saw it was when my cousin and I were rolling each other down the hill in a car tire; I believe we were around 9. I had happened to fall out halfway down, but the tire had continued on without me so I had to run down the hill and roll it back up. That's when I saw it in the woods right next to me. Now, I don't exactly remember what it looked like and the image I do remember I believe is wrong. But it scared me so much that I couldn't move. My cousin called after me and when I turned to look at her and then back to the thing, it was gone. I ran to my mammaws house without saying a word and curled up on the couch.

The second time was when I was around 11 or 12. My cousins and I were playing hide and go seek in the dark outside and it was pitch black outside and we used flashlights to see with. I was the seeker. The way my parents porch is set up is that it had two sets of stairs, one side had a small staircase (4 steps total) and the back side of the porch had the long staircase (I think it had around 13 steps). I remember exiting the house to go look for them and went down the short stairs first and going around the house looking for them in bushes, etc. I came to the long staircase and flashed my flashlight under the porch seeing if anybody was hiding there. There was something/ someone Hiding scrunched up under the short staircase. I figured it was my older cousin because the thing I saw was tall and in a squatting position. It was black with red eyes, not even my flashlight could illuminate it. I kept yelling at it thinking it was my cousin. saying things like, "I found you!" But it never moved. Too scared to actually go toward it, I started walking back around the house and stopped after I reached the 2nd window. I thought it was stupid that he was scaring me and that I had found him fair and square. In fit of rage I walked back to the porch and discovered it was gone. There is no way my cousin could have crawled out from under there that fast. I ended up just running into the house, not even bothering to look for my cousins.

To this day I'm always afraid something will be waiting under the stairs for me, just waiting at the chance to drag me down. Have I seen it since, no, I don't ever wish to see it again.

Eh only Blue Baby Blue and The Devil Game are supernatural, Doors to Your Mind and Three Kings is more psychological. I really want to try Doors to Your Mind, but I have no one to help me do it.

There is no way I could do any of those. I would be too scared. >.<

Rudolph Quin, if a spirit asked me to catch a snake for them I would go running in the opposite direction. Nopes would be heard around the world.

Anyway, I have a ton of ghost stories that happened to family members. My family lives down a private road, my aunts and uncles are literally my neighbors. So most of the time they have collaborating stories. Do I believe some of them, no, but they are still interesting. If anybody wants to read about them then just let me know.

Besides the little girl, only one other thing has happened to me that can't be explained. I don't know if it's something supernatural or what. But to this day, I have a fear of walking up stairs. Not the solid ones, but the ones that have gaps in between each step where someone could grab your ankle as you walk up. There is this thing that lives on my families property, they call it the nimrod. Why they call it that, I have no idea. But I have seen it twice when I was little.

The first time I saw it was when my cousin and I were rolling each other down the hill in a car tire; I believe we were around 9. I had happened to fall out halfway down, but the tire had continued on without me so I had to run down the hill and roll it back up. That's when I saw it in the woods right next to me. Now, I don't exactly remember what it looked like and the image I do remember I believe is wrong. But it scared me so much that I couldn't move. My cousin called after me and when I turned to look at her and then back to the thing, it was gone. I ran to my mammaws house without saying a word and curled up on the couch.

The second time was when I was around 11 or 12. My cousins and I were playing hide and go seek in the dark outside and it was pitch black outside and we used flashlights to see with. I was the seeker. The way my parents porch is set up is that it had two sets of stairs, one side had a small staircase (4 steps total) and the back side of the porch had the long staircase (I think it had around 13 steps). I remember exiting the house to go look for them and went down the short stairs first and going around the house looking for them in bushes, etc. I came to the long staircase and flashed my flashlight under the porch seeing if anybody was hiding there. There was something/ someone Hiding scrunched up under the short staircase. I figured it was my older cousin because the thing I saw was tall and in a squatting position. It was black with red eyes, not even my flashlight could illuminate it. I kept yelling at it thinking it was my cousin. saying things like, "I found you!" But it never moved. Too scared to actually go toward it, I started walking back around the house and stopped after I reached the 2nd window. I thought it was stupid that he was scaring me and that I had found him fair and square. In fit of rage I walked back to the porch and discovered it was gone. There is no way my cousin could have crawled out from under there that fast. I ended up just running into the house, not even bothering to look for my cousins.

To this day I'm always afraid something will be waiting under the stairs for me, just waiting at the chance to drag me down. Have I seen it since, no, I don't ever wish to see it again.

Well, my brother Nathan is particularly adept at catching the creatures, so, we thought it was a good trade. ^^;;

Holy fuck! That story is really freaking scary! >,< But these are the kinds of things I chase after. I'd go looking for it again and try to connect with it. ^^;

Rudolph Quin said:
Ms_Muffintops said:

I'm skeptical of everything I've heard about Ouija board decorum. I do not think the board itself has any significance even while in use. I could use a piece of paper with the alphabet written on it and burn that at the end of a session and have no affect. It is the belief that is that open door; the will of people. Can we put that belief into objects? Yes, through ritual and what someone believes will make them safe or threaten them can give significance to the tools we use. But if I believe that leaving a board without putting the planchette on "goodbye" is still closing it because I am "done" talking, then it will be.

That is really freaky about the doorknob. Did you ever figure out what happened or what it was?

Oh I didn't say I believed in such things but if said poster honestly believes the satanic route then surely they'd believe the theory that burning them can "open up doors" in a sense.

As for my own experience. It was anticlimactic. It stopped after about a week of doing it on and off. I kind of wonder if there's a scientific reason for it, but really, it hadn't done it before and it hasn't done it since. Perhaps maybe there is a spirit in my home that was trying to communicate or get noticed and my response to it made it back off.

I've heard theories that spirits will not show themselves to people who do not wish to see them. And while I'd like to believe and think that all or most do not wish any harm I still don't think I could really handle it at first. So I'm thinking of it was a spirit, maybe that's why it stopped or didn't do more.

So! Something creepy/cool happened to me today! So, check this out, sometimes while at work, I'll turn on my Ghost Radar app and leave my phone by my register while customers come through. Just to see if anybody sparks anything. Occasionally some people will have more activity than others but most of the time it is silent.

Well today, I had it on for a couple of orders and it was quiet and then this couple comes through and it starts going crazy, little red and yellow energy blips popping up and it saying words every 5 seconds. They both looked like they'd lived hard lives but the guy was really old, tall and skinny. He had on a really loose wife beater and had tattoos on his shoulders and really tan, leathery skin. He looked like he'd been drained dry, that's how skinny and worn out he looked. The lady was short and had a real mean looking face as her default expression and her voice sounded like she's been smoking for a lotta years. Okay, but here's the thing that's weird. This is the list of words that the ghost radar knobbed off in order:

'avoid'
'property'
'chamber'
'negative'
'away'
'hide'
'direct'
'bar'

Tell me that doesn't sound like someone is trying to tell us something, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom