Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter or Hunted? (Atroxa & Effigy)

Rordan couldn't help but look at her crotch when she joined him, just a quick glance with her eyes focused on the stew. He had seen her with her back arched moaning out an orgasm, those fingers of her buried deep inside. And here she was about to just sit next to him and eat stew? The man couldn't help but smile, looking away once she had her own bowl. He could smell her, even with the water he could smell that arousal. Keeping it to himself though, he did enjoy the scent.

It was good to hear that they would be heading out tomorrow, though Rordan had definitely started to get content with the situation. Sure he lived in town but he always enjoyed being out in the wild. Probably because he was a werewolf but even then animals and beasts were easier to deal with then human beings were. Sure the situation was very intense and dire, but it almost felt like a camping trip or a vacation in a way. A fucked up one at that but one none the less.

“It is never wise to get attached in our line of work.” Rordan admitted as he sat there, looking at the fire for a while before he continued. “But you do bring up a point. We have beaten the odds haven't we?” Rordan asked, smirking before eating some more of the stew. “Well, I don't remember much from my childhood. Fredrick had found me wandering after my parents had been attacked by monster or beasts. I don't know what attacked them. Ever since then I trained to be a hunter. And before you ask I lost the sight in my eye when my parent's got attacked. Not on some hunt where a harpy swooped down.” Rordan stated, that rumor being spread a number of times around the rookies for some stupid reason. Rordan had been known to hate harpies, maybe because they could fly but he had a bow and arrow. Maybe there was more to it but it didn't matter much it seemed. “I don't know, what do you want to know Vae?” Rordan asked, not really sure where the nickname Vae came from but he said it none the less.

Varena, personally, was ready to go home, she'd been unconscious for the last few days, sick out of her mind, so her stay here hadn't been as peaceful or as pleasant as his. She also disliked the heat and humidity. No, she was very much ready to head back to Aramoor. She nodded a little though at Rordan's words about not getting attached with their line of work. That was certainly true, and at first she thought that that was going to be the end of the conversation, that that had been his way of telling her that he would rather not talk about himself with her. Varena could respect that.

So she was a little surprised when Rordan decided to tell her about himself anyway, telling her really what she'd already known from rumors and her conversations with Frederick. Still though, it wasn't really official until you heard it from the source. She ate as she listened, nodding a little, though she gave him a little when he called her 'Vae', not having pegged him as the nickname type and wondering when they'd gotten to a nickname basis anyway. Varena didn't say anything though, deciding to just answer him. “Hell if I know, I don't really have friends, it's like you said, it's best not to get attached in this line of work,” she shrugged.

Varena thought about asking him things like what he liked, or what he didn't like, what exactly he did when he wasn't working, but she thought that sounded way too much like scoping him out for a date, so she decided against it. “I'm from up north, in fact if you only go two days north of the farm I grew up on, you'd be in the Orcish badlands,” she told him, “My grandparents own the farm and are still there, I got recruited into the Guild when an ogre was roaming about the area and attacked us. I managed to kill it and when the Hunter arrived he was so impressed he wanted to take me on as apprentice. I was never very keen on becoming a farmer so I took him up on it.” She shrugged a bit as she finished eating, setting aside her bowl.

“Really now?” Rordan asked when Varena said she was from up north. Never really having pinned where she was from. Then again it didn't really matter but now it seemed too. Learning about her was actually enjoyable, sought after even. A new found interest that Rordan could only assume went with those moments of intense forced intimacy. He was still on the fence about that but that was beside the point.

“You still have family? That's great you should visit them some time.” Rordan would almost interrupt Varena when she spoke of her grandparents, surprisingly excited at the prospect of family. Though he realized how he sort of blurted out and went back to eating, letting her finish her recap of her life before the guild. “Well, I don't have many friends either. Guess after this we both have one more now?” Rordan asked, sorta a probing question as if he was asking Varena permission to be called a friend. His social skills a little lacking. Of course when the two stared at one another he would quickly speak up to sorta cover the question he asked. “I better get more meat for dinner tonight.” He added, quick to grab his bow and an arrow before leaving the cave.

“Guess after this we both have one more now? What the hells was that?” Rordan asked himself with a sigh, kicking a bush as he walked by. “Why don't you tell her you watched her masturbate while you are at it. And hey, might as well bring up how she pulled your cock and tried to ride you like a pony.” Rordan continued to rant to himself kicking another bush. Doing a very poor job at hunting. Critters quick to get out of his little path of destruction. When he finally came to his senses and found a boar to hunt he would pretty much chase the damn thing, firing an arrow and missing.... Actually missing! Practically snarling Rordan found himself charing, instinct taking over as he got down on all fours in some weird attempt to run like a wolf. Going right into a bush that he saw the boar run into, and coming out the other side to find... nothing.

The ground from under his feet was gone and before he could even blink the man started to plummet, a large incline down had Rordan tumbling and rolling till he fell smack dab into a large covering of bushes... The man laying there for a few seconds with his eye twitching as he looked up at the hill he just fell down. He couldn't count how many thorns were now sticking into his back but he had pretty much thrown himself onto a thorn bush. Slowly Rordan sitting up, tearing at the bush and his own shirt till he was off of it.... A good hundred, maybe two hundred thorns embedded into his back. Looking around he found his bow at least, trecking up the damn slope and on his way back to the cave.

When he got back to the cave he pretty much just tossed his bow to the side, sitting down next to the fire with his eyes on the flames. Not really sure what to say, his mind was elsewhere and he failed. And then fell into a thorn bush.... He was ashamed and pissed off and pretty much just brooding now. Thorns still sticking out of his torn shirt.

Varena gave him a slightly startled look when he blurted out that she go and visit her family some time, not really sure what to say in response to that. She did go and see them sometimes, but only about once a year. And she exchanged letters with her grandmother when she could, usually including things for her to tell her grandfather, and usually there was something from her grandfather in her grandmother's letters as well. Her grandfather would never admit it but he wasn't the best at reading and writing so he left most of that to his wife. They were getting on in years but never wanted to hear about it from Varena, that they should sell the farm and move closer to a city. She rarely asked about her mother, the woman had finally married a couple of years ago, pretty enough to have caught the idea of some widower who had moved to the town they were nearest to take over a shop owned by a merchant. Good for her, she supposed.

Rordan's next comment though, well more of a question really, left the woman a bit speechless again. It was a pretty unexpected thing for him to say, considering they had only come to be on actual speaking terms very recently and she had been convinced that he hated her up until today. Varena just stared at him a bit, once again unsure of what to say, but before she could answer, he said he should go hunting and left the cave. The Huntress sighed heavily, shaking her head a little, thinking that Rordan was far more complicated than she had ever thought him to be.

Varena busied herself cleaning her armor and her sword while he was gone, humming to herself softly. Occasionally her mind would try to bring up that not quite memory about Rordan, but once it started she would quickly push it away. She was beginning to suspect it wasn't a dream at all but an actual memory, and that was just far too embarrassing for her to really accept. Varena didn't know what she should do or say if she had really tried to come onto him in her fever like that. It technically wasn't her fault or anything, she had been very sick, but still, and if it was true... well, Rordan was a better man than she had ever given credit for. Most men would have happily just let her have with them, no matter how out of it she was. And he had certainly wanted it, if she remembered correctly...

She quickly pushed the thoughts out of her mind though when Rordan returned, as if he could read her mind and see what she was thinking. She was almost thankful for the distraction of the man's condition, even if it was rather selfish of her considering how painful it had to be to have a bunch of thorns in your back. “Gods Rordan what happened to you?” She asked him. Whether or not he answered, Varena got up and went to their packs, fishing out what remained of their first aid supplies and walking back over to sit next to him by the fire. “Come on then, let's get this off you so I can get those thorns out,” she told him, setting aside the poultices and bandages to help him take off his shirt. In the back of her mind, she wanted to just run away, still embarrassed about what she was fairly sure had happened, but he'd helped her, so she knew it was the right thing to do to help him.

“.....” Rordan just stared at the fire as he sat there. It was nice that Varena was so willing to help him now, truth be told the man was sort of relieved after what he had done for her after all. But he kept quiet, not really sure how to deal with failure. It was one thing to be unable to act, it was another to not be in control. For Rordan that was pretty much everything, it was what kept people safe. As long as he was in control then nothing went wrong. And even at the slightest slip, be it an over zealous moment of attack, to charging into a bush. If there was no control then only pain and suffering seemed to provail.

“Chased a boar..” Rordan started to speak, more a mumble but Varena was close enough now to hear him. Each time she pulled a thorn out the man's eye would twitch a little. Varena was no stranger to scars, she had seen his naked body before after all, but Rordan had his fair share as well. The thorns clinging to both old burns and scars as well as the normal flesh of his back. “Missed with my bow so tried to charge it and went into a bush that was covering a fall into thorns.” Rordan sighed, letting his head go down a little.

“Thank you.” He would admit, Varena had quite the number of thorns to go through but Rordan was still thankful for this. Each time she removed one it felt like a prick on his back, followed by a small trail of blood that would quickly be sealed up from his blood clotting. Her fingers were warm to the touch when they pressed against his skin, even soft despite her years of training and use with weapons. The man finding his eyes beginning to close, sorta staying half open as the twitching would stop and the pricking seemed to not effect him anymore. A content groan, almost a soft growl even coming from his lips as he sat there.

Varena got his shirt off, trying not to think about the fact that he was now essentially half naked, and set to work removing the thorns from his back. There were so many of them, she wasn't sure that she'd be able to just sit there like that, he had to be in a lot of pain. She could see Rordan twitch a bit every time she pulled out a thorn, so she tried to be gentle but quick. She gripped each thorn as close to his skin as she could get and pulled it out, wanting to make sure none broke off and left little pieces in him. The infection from something like that would be difficult to really control without more medical supplies.

She glanced at Rordan as he started to tell her what had happened to have him end up looking like a thorn bush himself. She did her best to suppress a laugh, she could tell he was pretty bent out of shape over the whole thing, so she doubted that he would appreciate being laughed at. Varena couldn't help but be amused though, it sounded like such a foolish thing to do, chasing after a boar. Unaware of Rordan being a werewolf, she thought he was kind of lucky to have ended up in that thorn bush rather than catching the boar, they were no joke for sure, killing one with your bare hands would be exceptionally difficult, and dangerous.

Varena could also see shame in him, for whatever reason, she didn't really understand why he would feel ashamed. Embarrassed yes, but ashamed? She didn't ask though, she wasn't very good at such personal conversations, and she didn't really feel like it was her place. Rordan's thanks though made her blink and look at him, pausing for a moment before she kept going, “It's no problem. You kept me from dying, it's the least I could do. I mean, that's what friends do right?” Varena asked him as nonchalantly as she could, even though it was far from just a casual thing to say, given their history, both long term and recent.

As she worked, she could see Rordan starting to actually drift off a bit, finding it strange that he'd find this almost relaxing, hearing the constant, soft growling sound he was making. She smirked and let out a soft laugh, “Are you enjoying yourself?” she asked him as she plucked the last few thorns from his skin. Varena poured some water into a bowl, adding some antiseptic tonic to it and dipping a cloth in the liquid before she began to gently wipe his back clean of the blood, and also clean the small wounds the thorns had left. “What should we do about bandages? There's too many to do individually... and I don't think we have enough to wrap your entire back.”

Rordan smiled a little when Varena said that's what friends do right? He couldn't help but feel a little happier on the inside hearing her sorta confirm the whole friend idea. Here the two were able to take on Hydras and Manticores and what not yet didn't have the social barrings to actually establish friendship. Then again one could argue that they were able to do such a thing but just couldn't admit it. That train of thought making Rordan feel a better.

When Varena asked if he was enjoying himself Rordan would quickly snap out of his little moment, turning his head to look over his shoulder at her to see her smirking. Not really sure how to answer that so he just didn't. Though he definitely wouldn't be enjoying this after she got the antiseptic tonic together before rubbing it across his back with a cloth. The man gritting his teeth a little but it had to be done. “I think I will go take a bath. I got an extra shirt so I should be fine without bandages.” Rordan stated softly, getting up to walk over to his on stuff to pull out another set of clothing. “You going to be ok here on your own?” Rordan asked, smirking a little since he didn't want her shouting at him again for leaving. Of course that was under completely different circumstances earlier in the day.

Regardless once Rordan was set he would leave the cave, going the right way to the waterfall by himself. His back was pretty sore, but that was to be expected from what happened. Running his hand through his hair he found a number of idle thorns and leaves, hurting his hand a little in the process. A dip into the water would be amazing right now. Truth be told he hadn't exactly bathed at all since they got to that cave. So once he was upon the waterfall he would strip and jump right in, taking a few moments under the water before coming up for air. His back still bleeding a little, the blood mixing softly into the water. It was a little gross though, the amount of dirt that came off of Rordan, the man scrubbing himself clean. Unbeknownst to him the slightly scent of blood in the water starting stir whatever creature was sleeping beneath the waterfall.

Varena sat back a bit as she finished cleaning his back, nodding as Rordan said he was going to go take a bath and didn't think he'd need bandages. She sometimes forgot that people didn't heal as quickly as she did, so she didn't really think much of it either. His question made the woman glare at him a little though, not a serious glare mind you, before she scoffed. “Shut up and go take your damn bath. You look like shit,” Varena quipped at him as she moved back over to her bedroll and laid down, planning on taking a nap. She listened as Rordan left, and settled down, trying to get some sleep.

Laying there though she found she couldn't sleep, and no matter how she tried to focus her train of thought on something not having to do with Rordan, she kept toying with the idea of going to the waterfall. She wouldn't admit it, but she kept wondering about him naked again. The Huntress let out an irritated growl and rolled over, burying her face in her pillow for a moment and trying to tell herself she was being inappropriate, before she just got up and walked out of the cave. Varena told herself that she was just going for a walk because she was restless, yet soon enough she could hear the dull roar of the waterfall.

When she realized this, she cursed silently and quickly ducked behind some bushes, unaware that they were the same ones that Rordan had hid behind earlier when he had watched her bath and then masturbate. She was beating herself up mentally a bit, but no matter how many times she told herself to go back to the cave and stop being such a pervert, she couldn't help but watch him in the water. He was a handsome man, so different from Ulrich, not so soft and smooth, rougher, scarred, and he had much more hair. Varena couldn't say she liked one better than the other, Ulrich's body suited him, and Rordan's body suited him, there really was no comparing. If this were Ulrich though, she would have no problem going and joining him in the water, but she didn't feel nearly so confident with Rordan. They were friends, sleeping with him, one of her guild comrades, that seemed like it would be a bad idea, didn't mean she had stopped thinking about it though.

Back
Top Bottom