Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter or Hunted? (Atroxa & Effigy)

Ulrich's face would brighten with joy once Varena had agreed. “I promise you won't regret it.” The man added, even winking as he unclasped his hands. But before he could say anything more she had told him that she needed privacy to change. At first Ulrich was going to protest, go on about not letting her strain herself. But the man knew when to quit while he was ahead so he agreed and walked out of the room. A smirk on his face now that he had gotten Varena to stay with him for a few days.

So once the woman had dressed and was stable enough to walk Ulrich would take her out of the inn. Of course helping with her equipment since he wasn't going to have her lugging anything on her back. Varena would be able to bring her horse along, the two having a nice for lack of a better term stroll through the town. It was still very much night time, morning not coming for another few hours. People were definitely asleep, only inns seemed to be alive at this time of night. Ulrich took the walk slow, letting Varena set the pace but also to see the town around her.

They would actually travel up hill a little while, and only at the top was there a single building that over looked the town. It was large in comparison to the others, but in no way a castle. Maybe two stories and a good ten or so rooms. More a vacation house it seemed but it suited Ulrich's needs nicely. There were posts for Varena to tie up her horse, and of course Ulrich would carry Varena's things in.

There were no servants around but then again Ulrich wasn't some noble who had servants following him. So the man would quickly make his way around the rooms. Just the main ones like the living room, stairwell, two rooms. “Welcome to my home Varena.” He said, pretty much giving her the tour of what she needed to know. “Are you tired? Or should I fetch us some wine and we can share stories by a fire?” Ulrich would ask, smirking as the living room had a fireplace in the wall. The man was more then willing to set the mood if there was a chance.

Varena was glad when he left without protest, finally able to take off the towel and get dressed in peace. Her back ached terribly, and she finally had a moment to feel the stitches he had given her and check out the rest of her wounds. Ulrich had patched her up rather well, she had to admit that, she supposed she was in his debt really, but it was difficult to remember that when he completely overstepped his boundaries and gave her a bath while she was unconscious. It was without a doubt one of the strangest things that had ever happened to her, but also one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for her. Varena wondered if this was the norm of his interactions with people, if it was then the next few days would probably be interesting if nothing else.

She left with Ulrich, begrudgingly letting him take her things though she packed most of it on Lonan, and walked with him to his home. The town was rather nice, as was his house, but her back was stiff and aching by the time they got there, as were her limbs to a lesser degree. So when he offered to get some wine for them to drink by the fire and trade stories, she shook her head. Varena didn't even have the energy to shoot down the obvious pass. “No, I'm exhausted, and sore, I think I'd just like to go to sleep thank you,” she told him, even the way she stood making it obvious she was in a lot of discomfort.

“Ah of course. Another time most definitely.” Ulrich stated, obviously having a hard time taking no for an answer. None the less he happily took Varena up stairs, showing her down the hall to the only room that had double doors. Though if she cared right now would be a whole different matter. “There is night wear in the closet for yourself if you so desire. My house is often visited by members of the Addens House. Oh and before I forget I will be gone tomorrow morning on business, I usually am and won't be back till nightfall. Please do me the favor of staying in my home. The kitchen is open to you whatever you so desire. And if you choose to bathe rest assured I won't stop what I am doing to come to your aid.” Ulrich added with a smirk. “Sleep well Varena.” And with that he shut the doors behind him.

Truth be told he hadn't exactly been expecting company so instead of going to bed or keeping himself busy the man would go right back into the town, visiting an inn or two to acquire things for Varena to eat and drink. Of course by the time the sun was coming up, Ulrich would be no where to be seen. His “business” encompassed locking himself into the cellar which had actually been turned into quite the lavish room to match the master bedroom up above. And that was where Ulrich remained until nightfall would return to the town. What was waiting for him down below however was truly a sicken sight to see. A village girl chained to the floor gagged and waiting for the man. Ulrich only smiling as his eyes seemed to turn into a different color... His teeth growing just like with the troll. A snack before bed always did wonders for the man.

Those cellar doors wouldn't open until the next night, Ulrich emerging in a new set of clothing. Fine silk with the Addens family crest upon his chest, his armor and weapon stowed away since he had company now. He would enter the house with a smile on his face, seeing Varena siting in the living room reading a book by candle light. “What a breath taking sight to see such beauty after such a long trip!” Ulrich stated enthusiastically, though not wanting to shout seeing how the woman was quite taken by one of his books.

“Ah I see you have choose one of the great tellings of Weldrich's history. Volume three, that would be conquest into the north? Oh how little we thought of dwarves and elves until they repelled our forces at every out post. Dwarven ingenuity and Elven beauty things no man had ever thought possible in this world.” Ulrich was reciting straight from the book, which she would know if she had gotten far enough. However the man was quite surprised to find no wine within reach.

“I must say how can you indulge in my hospitality but have no wine? No fire? This won't do at all.” Ulrich stated, quick to disappear into the kitchen, where there was a large closet that actually worked as a cellar in storing ale and wine. He would come back with two large goblets filled with wine. Putting both next to Varena before making his way over to the fire place moments later the room would be lit up with light as a large fire erupted from what looked like nothing. The only thing inside of the fire place were rune carvings. Oh the wonders of magic.

“Now, we must tend to your back yes?” Ulrich asked, the man assuming that would be the only thing Varena couldn't deal with on her own. “There is no need to move my valkyre. One moment.” It seemed like Ulrich hadn't stopped moving from the moment he entered, coming back with fresh bandages. “I can remove your tunic if you like.” The man would say, smiling as he a waited her decision. Because he had no issue in doing so if she so wished.

Varena was once again relieved when he didn't argue with her choice, he always seemed very unwilling to just let her go, and she wasn't entirely sure how to handle it. Either way, he showed her to her room, which was far more luxurious than she had been expecting. The Huntress stared around for a moment, taken aback by her surroundings, before looking at him as he spoke of the room and that he would be gone tomorrow, and to make herself at home. Varena nodded numbly, not sure how to act, “Thank you...” she told him as he left, the doors closing behind him.

She had grown up poor, very poor, but she had always had expensive tastes, she was fond of luxuries and lavish surroundings, but she had never been able to enjoy them. Even since becoming a success in the Guild, she had the money now to furnish her small flat rather nicely, but she was rarely home to enjoy it. So once Ulrich was gone, she couldn't help the wide grin that spread across her face. She walked over to the large bed eagerly, shedding her boots and clothes as she went until she was naked, climbing under the covers and sighing at the feeling of soft satin and silk against her skin. In the back of her mind, she was sure that Ulrich would probably refuse to leave the room if he caught sight of her sleeping naked in this bed, but he wasn't there to see her, so she settled in and rested soundly.

Varena had fallen asleep quickly, sleeping hard and deep, not bothered by dreams thankfully. She slept until well into the morning, nearly mid day in fact, and then took her sweet time getting out of bed, just rolling from one side to the other to enjoy the feeling of those sheets as long as she could. Finally though her stomach started nagging at her, so she got up with a mournful sigh, pulling on a clean pair of clothes and going back downstairs. She looked around in the kitchen, finding some fruit and cold cut meats with some bread, a good lunch in her opinion. Varena sat and ate, enjoying the silence, being able to just sit and relax. It seemed like she had spent almost all of her life just... not stopping.

After she ate, the Huntress wandered into the living room, finding book cases lined the walls, picking through them she found a couple of interesting tomes and sat on the couch, curling up to read. She read through most of the day, lighting a candle as the light outside began to fade. When Ulrich returned, she was ripped out of her little insular world, frowning as her host buzzed about the room like he had just slept for five days. He didn't stop talking until he left the room again, Varena feeling a bit dazed in the wake of his enthusiasm. Still though, she couldn't argue with wine, or a fire. Even if it was very... well... atmospheric, and Ulrich had hardly bothered to hide his interest in her. She couldn't help but suspect him of more than just wholesome hospitality.

Especially when he asked her about her back, calling her 'valkyrie' in the process, which just made her roll her eyes a bit. Varena pursed her lips as he offered to remove her tunic for her, sighing, “No, I can do that thank you,” She told him. She would prefer not to do this at all, but the wound needed tending and she couldn't do it herself. So she pulled off her tunic carefully, having to try and keep her back straight as she did, leaving her in just her trousers and a brassiere, quickly turning her back to him, sitting so he could easily sit on the couch behind her.

A clever man might try to disguise his advances, to make himself seem mysterious to greater allure a lady. But a truly clever man knew how to cater to the individual. Not every woman the same, not every interest met equally. And for Varena, Ulrich could only imagine a more direct approach. She didn't have time or interest in such cloak and dagger tactics, how could she being a huntress? What life she chose to live spoke volumes on how to approach her, and Ulrich made sure to take note of such things.

But there was something else about her that still ran through the man's head. There was no mistaking that some sort of non-human element was at work with her. Be it some blessing or even a curse. Whatever it had been had definitely peaked out when Varena was on unconscious. When Ulrich had been tending to her fresh wounds. It was in her blood, her body. What was Varena? Surely she couldn't be fully human. Not with that strength, not with how her wounds held up in such a way. Maybe troll? No she would have some sort of tusk or discoloration.... Definitely some sort of breeding going on here.

Back in the present Ulrich could only smile when Varena had removed her tunic, not wasting anytime in sitting down next to her on the couch. The bandage she had on was obviously well used. Blood having soaked in and dried. Ulrich slowly unraveling the bandage, letting his fingers press softly against her flesh as he did so. Even going so far as to work a little at her flesh, a gentle caress and massage as he worked. Though he never drifted from his purpose, even if his hands were so close to her breasts.

To his surprise he had found the large gash on Varena's back had already closed up. What remained was nothing more then a scratch. As if the wound that was so deep the night before had never gone more then cut the first layer of skin. Truly remarkable. “I must say you have one very miraculous body...” Ulrich stated, pulling out a knife. “You don't need stitches anymore.... Remarkable.” Ulrich added, using the knife to slowly cut the knots of his stitch work. It would be a little uncomfortable as he pulled the small threads out of her skin, but definitely relieving once they were out. Once they were all gone he made sure to wash any dried blood away before rewraping a bandage around her. His hands doing their usual caress until the job was complete.

“If we can meet at the capital sometime in the future I can give you access to the royal library if you would like.” Ulrich said as he reached over for his goblet of wine, more then content with watching Varena who would most likely put her tunic back on. Which would bring a frown to Ulrich's face all the same.

Ulrich was right that she would have shut him down a long time ago if he had been attempting to veil his advances and interest in her. She didn't have the time for such tactics, and she found it insulting, as if the men who tried to do that thought that she was too stupid to realize what they were doing. At least he seemed to recognize that she wasn't some dumb creature that needed to be tricked. That, more than anything, gave him a chance with Varena, though she was still firm in her belief that it wouldn't work. This just reeked of being too perfect, a handsome, rich stranger, charming and alluring, offering her a place to stay, including a rather lavish room, wine, a fire burning in the hearth. She felt like she was in some romance novel, and life just didn't work like that.

So Varena tried to keep her mind firmly planted in reality as he tended to her back, trying to ignore the pleasant sensation of his fingers brushing over her skin and working into her flesh a little. She was still a little sore, though not as much as she had been last night, and it felt good. She tried to remind herself that that was just natural to enjoy a bit of a massage and had nothing to do with Ulrich himself. So she sat and let him unwind the bandage, arching her brows when he commented on her body, giving him a bit of a look over her shoulder before he made the comment more about her healing ability. “Oh,” she breathed, “I've always been a fast healer.” She shrugged, not seeming to think much of it. To her it wasn't supernatural but very natural for her, people had commented on it before but she thought they were just exaggerating.

She sat as still as she could as he removed the stitches, cringing a little each time he removed one, it wasn't a very pleasant feeling, not painful, but just... unpleasant. She was glad when Ulrich finished, pulling her tunic back on quickly and turning to sit with her back against the couch, now able to look at him properly. “That would be nice, but I rarely have time to enjoy something like that,” she told him, taking the glass of wine he had brought her and sipping at it. Her brows arched a bit and she made a pleased noise, “Very good wine.”

Varena took another sip and frowned, looking at her host. “Ulrich, what happened to the ogre? All I remember is that monster trying to break my spine... is it still alive?”

“That's no excuse you should make time.” Ulrich stated softly, smiling now that he had a perfect view of Varena's face as she sat opposite to him on that couch. The man making sure to have turned and positioned himself to be focused on her and her alone. The fire was just to the side, casting light upon the two. It made Varena's eyes twinkle here and there whenever the flames would act up for the briefest moment before coming back down. Ulrich could get lost in such eyes.

“Ogre?” The man asked, trying to figure out what an Ogre had to do with Varena's eyes. But it didn't take long for him to realize she was asking about the Ogre and that brought Ulrich's eyes else where. Making a face like he was in thought before he would drink some more of the very good wine. “Oh yes, I scared him off.” The man stated with a smile. “Ogres are quite afraid of fire if they get to close to it. I was able to light a few branches and chase the creature away. But that was only because you had dealt with those trolls. I'm sure it is well on it's way back to where ever it was from.”

“But even after a day of relaxation in my home you still look so tense.” Ulrich said, sounding surprised as he set his goblet down. More then likely though Varena wasn't in the slightest, but who was Ulrich if not a man of opportunity? Even if he had to create such opportunities himself. “Please, turn around and rest against my couch's arm. I promise no funny business on my part but you must let me massage your back and shoulders. A mighty warrior like yourself must have years of stress built up.” Ulrich added, only smiling at the woman as he waited. The fire would easily mask that sudden spark from his eyes, the same trick he used to nudge Varena into agreeing to stay at his home till she was better. It would only be a nudge, but a nudge was all Ulrich usually needed.

They were both being strategic in everything they did, while Ulrich sat purposefully to be able to focus on her completely, she sat facing the fire, keeping her gaze fixed on it and not him as she sipped at her wine. She did glance at him as he answered her, arching her brows a little before she made a thoughtful noise. “I see...” she murmured, frowning a little and sipping at her wine some more. Varena really wasn't sure how to behave with this situation, she was sitting there with him, knowing that he was trying to romance her. She couldn't decide if the attention was unwanted or not. She was caught between being flattered and being exasperated.

She supposed now was the time to decide though as he asked to turn around let him help her relax, no funny business. Varena hesitated, clearly unsure about this, but she found herself nodding before she really realized she was agreeing. Maybe it was the wine or the fire or the handsome stranger's attention, or maybe she really was just stressed and tense and the notion of a massage was just entirely too tempting to resist. Either way, she sighed and turned around, resting against the arm of the couch like Ulrich had asked her to, pulling her long brown hair over her shoulder and out of the way.

“Have you lived in Bleakwood for very long?” She asked him trying to find some subject that was polite but not very personal. She didn't want to invite his interest but she didn't want to be rude either. Besides, she found it a little awkward, just laying there like that, letting him touch her but not really interacting with him. Varena didn't want to be an ungrateful guest, but she didn't really want to encourage him either.

Ulrich could only grin as Varena agreed, the woman turning to relax against the arm of the couch. The man would move closer, bringing his wine of course but setting it on the floor before directing his attention to Varena's clothed back. He would of preferred to see bare flesh, and the images he had in his head of her naked form giving him a sort of second sight in the moment. Just fantasizing that she was naked in front of him, oh so willing and waiting for him to touch her flesh.

He would start out slow, at the shoulders first a methodic and constant ryhtme of working his thumbs and fingers against her muscles. His hands were firm of course to apply ample pressure, but on the number of occasions where she had felt his hands against her flesh she would feel how soft they were. Obviously a man with little time for sword play. Her question did nothing to phase him though as he continued, working down slowly to her upper back, making sure to be extra gentle when he started to overlap her wound.

“Not at all in fact.” Ulrich stated softly, smiling as he continued to massage Varena. “Only moved here recently to bring some more structure and order to this town. It is under Addens rule but has gone with a period of freedom over the last few months. But like many who don't understand the responsibility of freedom they have abused such privilages and invited unwanted company and problems. So I am tasked to bringing this fine town back into order before returning to the capital.” Ulrich said, hands already having worked their way down to her lower back. Now more rubbing then massaging. “But my tale is rather boring. Please tell me about yourself. What sort of childhood did you have that brought you into the service of the Hunter's Guild?”

Varena had to admit that his hands felt good, but she would have had to drink a bit more wine for her to willingly just take her tunic back off. In the mean time, he would have to just make do with touching her through her clothing, and so would she. Ulrich's hands were definitely those of a noble, soft and refined, whereas her own were calloused and strong, but they had a lovely shape to them. Her life was written on her body, hard work and dangerous situations, a few close calls, but there was, as he had thought, breeding there.

She shifted a little as his hands worked over her wound, but it wasn't unpleasant or uncomfortable, just sensitive. She listened to Ulrich explain a bit as to why he was in Bleakwood, nodding slightly. However when he asked about her own background, she hesitated a little. Varena rarely spoke of herself... but she saw no harm in it. “Well... nothing special really, I grew up on a farm in the foothills near the Oberfell border,” she explained briefly, “It was my grandparents' farm really, I grew up there with my mother.” She didn't go into why she and her mother had simply remained there her entire life, she didn't feel comfortable talking about that, so she simply moved on.

“It's ironic really that I nearly got done in by an ogre, that was what got me noticed in the first place. When I was seventeen an ogre came into the area, started attacking travelers and farms. We sent for a Hunter but it attacked my grandfather's farm one night before he showed up. My grandfather was a soldier in the royal army before he lost an army fighting orcs, he taught me to fight. When the ogre attacked, I fought back and really it was just dumb luck that I didn't get myself killed. But I managed to kill it instead. The Hunter who arrived was impressed and took me on as an apprentice.” As she spoke she relaxed more and more, her breathing deepening and her eyes half closed, her flesh molding under his hands more willingly.

“Hold that thought.” Ulrich said softly when she spoke of the farm she had grew up at with her mother and grandparents. The man quickly getting up, only to leave and come back with two or three bottles of wine. One already missing some of it's contents which he quickly uncorked to refill both of their goblets. Once that was out of the way he got back behind her, going back to massaging her and listening to her little recap of her life.

“Oh whoa, such achievements at seventeen years of age? I'm impressed.” Ulrich said, a smile on his face. So she had been recruited more or less by a Hunter. And Ulrich assumed the rest was history. And now here she was a huntress herself. Ulrich's hands were at the base of her tunic, rubbing there for a few more moments before he took the step to actually going underneath her tunic. His hands touch the flesh of her lower back. But instead of taking advantage of this they would start to work their way back up.

“And what of your father? If you don't mind me asking of course.” The man stated softly, not wanting to pry if such memories would ruin the moment. She grew up on a farm with her grand parents and mother. There was much to assume from her appearance and story, from her hair and complexion it was safe to assume she was native to Weldrich. And really the only kinds of people that farmed were humans in Weldrich. Not that other races couldn't do so, but there were just such a large number of humans in Weldrich and only so many positions in the capital could be filled. The only person she hadn't spoken of was her father, what kind of man was he? Was he a man at all?

Varena sat up a little, watching curiously as he left, wondering what the man was up to now. She could only shake her head a little and smile when he returned with a few bottles of wine. “Are we expecting company?” She asked him jokingly, not sure that much wine was really necessary for the two of them. Still, she sipped at her goblet after he refilled it, shrugging her shoulders as he commented on her achievement of killing an ogre at seventeen. “Like I said, I lucked out really,” she told him, “an ogre almost killed me after all and I have years of experience over what I did when I was that age.”

The Huntress blinked a little as she realized something, glancing over her shoulder at Ulrich as best she could, “Thank you, by the way. I don't think I ever actually thanked you for saving me, or taking care of me afterward. I didn't mean to seem ungrateful, you just startled me.” Varena explained before taking another sip of wine, sighing softly as he went back to massagin her back, she could get used to this actually now that she thought about it. Though his hands slipping just under her tunic made her glance at him again, though this time her look was more of a suspicious curiosity than anything else. She didn't protest though, it seemed a little petty of her to do so considering he'd touched her far more than that twice before.

His question about her father made Varena sigh a bit though, “I never knew him,” she admitted, “Typical story really, stranger in a small town, he and my mom ended up in a tryst and I'm the result. He skipped town pretty quick, well before I was born, never came back, I doubt he even knows I exist, if he's even still alive.” She sipped at her wine again, making a slight face as she thought about something, “My mom would talk about him sometimes, and I always got the impression that there was a bit more to it than that... I don't know, she was never the most... stable person. My grandfather said it was worse after she had that run in with my father, but my mom talked about him like she was obsessed with him. But not in a loving way... almost more like she hated him, but couldn't stop thinking about him. I don't know.” Varena sighed and shook her head, taking another drink of wine.

“I can tell this is good wine, I don't usually talk about that stuff,” she told him with a short, soft laugh.

“I think I would be startled too if I had woken up in a bath with you smelling my hair. Though I must admit I wouldn't of slapped you given the chance.” Ulrich replied to her thanks, chuckling only softly before going back to massaging her back. But it was good to hear that he had just startled her. If she was truly repulsed by him then what in the hells was he doing? He knew his charm wasn't that bad, his looks definitely appealing. It was good to get this confirmation though, even as she showed no signs of resistance to him touching her bare flesh again.

Ulrich was doing his best to take apart what she was saying of her father. Definitely was potential there. Stranger coming into town... A one night fling resulting in Varena. Though the most interesting part was how she described her mother's attitude towards this man. She was obsessed? But through hatred. That never let her stop thinking of this man. “Almost as if he enchanted her. Maybe your mother was visited by a demon. Or even an Incubi to soothe her lonely heart. If only for a night.” Ulrich stated in a joking tone. Though the truth was that possibility was the most feasible. Well it was a start, there were definitely certain signs if someone had demon blood within their veins.

“Only the best for such a woman as yourself.” Ulrich was quick of course at a chance to compliment the woman. His hands having worked up to her shoulders now, but the tunic was definitely making things a little harder then Ulrich liked. And his view of her body was obscured as well, no matter how well he could imagine it naked. “I could do a better job if you removed the tunic. I still promise no funny business.” Ulrich added, bringing a hand out from under her tunic so he could grab his goblet of wine and take a drink.

Varena arched a brow at the man's supposedly joking interpretation of her father's identity, giving him a curious look over her shoulder. “Yeah... I guess that would be pretty out there huh? Sounds like something she'd say alright,” She told him, not seeming very amused though. She disliked thinking about her mother very much, and that was probably one of the weirdest things she'd ever heard anyone suggest, even if they were just joking. Ulrich was certainly eccentric though, so she supposed she shouldn't be surprised.

She huffed a bit of a laugh though as he once again took an opportunity to compliment her, the woman sipping her wine as his hands worked over her shoulders under her tunic. Varena gave a content sigh, relaxing into the couch, the fire and the wine and his massage finally starting to lull her into enjoying herself. When Ulrich suggested she take off her tunic, but asserted that he still wouldn't try anything, she looked over her shoulder at him, watching him drink his own wine before she sat up, no longer reclining against the arm of the couch.

“Well you've done a fine job even with my shirt in the way,” she told him, tugging her tunic back down since it had ridden up a bit with his hands up the back of it, “But I think I'll retire for the night.” Varena stood, inclining her head a little, “Thank you for the massage and the company, if you don't mind I'll take your book with me to read before bed.” She picked up the tome, tucking it under her arm, then glanced at the wine bottles and her still half full goblet, “And a bottle of wine I think as well, since I doubt you plan to drink this all on your own.” She grabbed the one they had already been drinking out of, giving her host a small smile. “Good night Ulrich,” she told him before she left the living room, the warm fire, and the handsome man sitting on the couch.

It was all very tempting, but that was precisely why she was retreating now while she still had her wits about her. Varena had to give him credit for trying though, he was insistent without being rude or abrasive, charming without being fake, and attentive without being overbearing. All in all, she decided she rather liked Ulrich, but that didn't mean she was going to just jump into bed with him. So instead she went to her own bed, setting the book and wine aside to undress, once again deciding she loved the soft sheets too much to put anything between them and her skin and crawled into bed naked again. The woman crawled into bed, propped a pillow up against the headboard, and reclined against it with her knees up to provide a place for the book to lay open against her thighs while she read by the warm light of the candelabras on either side of her bed with just her feet tucked under the covers for a bit of warmth.

Varena was rather oblivious to what a stunning creature she was, and how at home she looked in these lavish surroundings, naked in bed with a book and some wine, looking surprisingly refined and like she belonged. Without her armor and the soft light making most of her scars blend in a little better, she looked far more like a noblewoman than a warrior, only the bandage around her torso just under her bust was a little out of place.

She read and drank wine for some time before she finally laid down and went to sleep, sleeping once again well into the morning, waking in time for lunch before she curled back up on the couch in the living room. She finished the book she'd been reading and grabbed another one, this time a collection of short stories, and got a fire going as the sun began to set. She didn't much question where Ulrich was, guessing he was out doing... whatever it was he did again, it was normal really to be busy during the day so she thought nothing of it and instead concentrated on relaxing and enjoying herself while she could.

“Ah what a shame.” Ulrich responded once Varena spoke or retiring for the night. The man sitting back to the other arm of the couch to recline. Taking the time to just watch Varena as she took not only his book but a bottle of the wine. Ulrich could only smile as he watched her make her “escape”. The man raising his goblet to Varena as she headed off to bed. “Sweet dreams.” He called out, waiting there on the couch till he heard the most distant sound of a door shutting up above.

The man would quickly get up, leaving his wine an goblet on the floor. To any on looker, Ulirch would look like a blur as he raced up the stairs. Though each step was silent to the touch. The blur coming to a halt just outside the master bedroom. There were candle stands that were mounted on the walls of the hallway, and one in particular Ulrich was interested in. He reaching up to actually pull it off of the wall with ease. What was left was a small hole, no bigger the an eye that Ulrich happily pressed his eye against. Just so he could indulge in watching Varena that much more.

And oh what an indulgence it was. The silk sheets to much of a temptation for any woman to not sleep bare. Ulrich smirking to see Varena's naked body once more. Oh how he wished to caress such flesh, to place his lips against it's warmth, to bury his teeth in till only the most sensual and fulfilling blood would pour out and fill his very soul. There were so many emotions coursing through Ulrich's body as he watched her... And all she was doing was reading a book in the nude. If only this was the occasion to burst through the doors and take her. But alas Varena wasn't a flower you could just pluck. So this would do... for now.

But once his huntress had fallen asleep, the man couldn't help but play. Slipping into the room, Ulrich would practically glide across the floor. Coming up beside the bed he marveled at Varena's body. Softly pulling the covers aside so he could see her nakedness once more. Her body was perfection, and even the scars were nothing more then additional brush strokes to a masterpiece. Ulrich dared to touch her, nothing but his fingertips running along her body. Soft and slow, he would do this for just a moment before stopping. Bringing the covers back over Varena before slipping away. Just a taste for more to come.

Ulrich would leave, off to clean up the living room before going out to indulge in a craving that Varena was responsible for creating. Some fine maiden this night would be treated like a princess, made love to like a queen, and would be devoured like cattle. Ulrich returning just before sun up to seclude himself in his basement once more. Much like the day before once the sun would hide behind the horizon he would emerge, eager to find Varena to see what she was up too.

“Why hello there my dear.” Ulrich would say as he entered the house again. A smile on his face to see the fire going, and Varena in the same place as before. “And you waited for me before dipping into the wine. If I didn't know any better you were beginning to enjoy my company.” Ulrich stated with a soft laugh, making his way to the kitchen to find goblets and wine once more. “I take it the day has been pleasant for you at my home?” The man asked, returning to his spot on the couch next to her before filling their goblets with wine. Varena had no say in not having wine, at least not to Ulrich anyways.

Varena was usually a very light sleeper, and if the man had attempted sneaking into her room and touching her any other time, especially she wasn't in a room but out on the road sleeping in a camp, then she likely would have woken up. Being on her own and usually in dangerous territory meant learning to sleep so lightly that the slightly hint of a threat woke her. But the wine and her surroundings, and the fact that he was a vampire, combined to mean that Varena was completely unaware of her midnight visit from Ulrich. And it was a good thing for him because she wouldn't have taken kindly to it, just as he would have had a fight on his hands if he had tried to burst through the doors and take her as he'd fantasized about.

Oblivious to all this, she looked up when her host appeared that evening, returning his smile briefly as he greeted her. His comment about enjoying his company made her arch a brow at him though. “If I didn't enjoy your company I would simply stay holed up in the room you so graciously let me occupy,” Varena told him honestly. She nodded at his question, accepting a new goblet of wine as he handed it to her without protest. She was confident in her ability to handle her alcohol, she'd done just fine last night after all. Sipping at it she set her book aside, turning to sit with her back tucked into the corner of the couch and her legs curled up under her.

“Yes, very pleasant,” she answered him, sipping her wine, “But I think that this might be my last night to enjoy it. I need to be getting back to Aramoor now that my back is healed. If you don't mind I'd like you to help me remove the bandages tonight and I'll be on my way in the morning.” Varena told him all this with a professional tone, trying to mask the hint of regret she felt at having to leave. She had been enjoying herself here, actually able to relax and enjoy herself, and in surroundings that she felt far more at home in than the rustic setting that she had found herself in much of her life.

“You are too kind my dear.” Ulrich stated softly, watching as she rested her back against the couch so easily. Her wound had either completely healed or had gotten to the point where she could easily deal with any discomfort it would bring. Only two days and such a wound had recovered so much, truly a remarkable thing. Ulrich had similar powers but he was freaking vampire, Varena was definitely human with demon blood in her. Not a whole lot but definitely enough to give her basic physical abilities quite the boost. Maybe fourth demon or eighth... Probably more fourth though.

Hearing her however announce that this would be her last night brought an obvious frown to Ulrich's face. That wouldn't do at all, they hadn't shared a kiss, shared a bed, shared each other. Why if she left tomorrow morning then all of this would have been for nothing! Though that wasn't true, to gaze upon such beauty was definitely worth all the things Ulrich had done. He only wanted to return the favor with lavish gifts, with ultimate affections.

“Well, it sounds like you have made up your mind.” Ulrich said, a smile coming to his face as he raised his goblet. Toasting in a way to Varena before drinking. “Then as your host and most ambitious admirer I must make this the greatest night you have ever lived.” The man stated happily. “But first let us remove that bandage.”

Ulrich waited for Varena to remove her tunic again. A smile on his face to see her back bare once more. Images of the woman sitting in his bed naked danced in his mind as he moved along the couch. His hands at first didn't go to the bandage, instead sliding down her back. To massage and caress like before just to help her relax. “Don't mind me, please drink and relax. If this is our last night then I would prefer you enjoy every moment of it.” Ulrich said softly, almost in a rather suggestive tone before he started to actually remove her bandage. Unraveling and pulling at the now useless fabric. What remained on Varena's back was nothing more then a scar now. Rather large and pink, but given a few days it would reduce in size and fade to nothing more then a white mark along her back.

Ulrich's hands would move along the scar, going up to her shoulders to massage once more. Only now his hands would go down the lengths of her arms, down to her wrists before coming slowly back up. This required him to move closer behind her, to the point where he would softly press against her back, his lips just inches from her ear as his hands made their way back up and then down the sides of her now exposed upper half. Never crossing the line to her breasts of course. That would be rude! She could feel his breath on her neck, a strangely alluring and enjoyable sensation. His hands going down to her thighs, massaging the outer part of them before coming back up to the shoulders once more. Making sure not to grab a feel of her ass no matter how much he wanted too.

“You truly are a goddess among us men...” Ulrich began, wanting to shower her in compliments as he practically worshiped her body with his hands. “Never before have I looked upon such beauty and found myself longing. How you have hidden yourself from my eyes is but a mystery that only the gods should know it's answer. Truly you would but have to ask and I would see it done, Varena...” Ulirch spoke in that soft and seductive tone, but even still his hands didn't cross over to her breasts or her ass. Hinting, getting close, but never unless Varena wished. How far would she enjoy herself? Ulrich wished for nothing but complete submission, a complete desire to be satisfied as he did his best to create such a thing inside of her.

Varena felt no discomfort from the wound itself, not with the bandage over it. She knew it would be a little sensitive for a few days, but it didn't ache like it had before. She healed quickly, and it was time for her to move on. A large part of her wanted to linger for a few more days, to draw out this unexpected vacation, but she knew she shouldn't. The life of a Hunter was difficult, and she couldn't afford to really let herself soften so much. She was well aware of her weakness for finer things, and that if she wasn't careful she would gladly get sucked into this sort of lifestyle, but it was also in her nature to fight, to hunt. She couldn't have both, she had to choose, and hunting gave her the freedom and independence she craved more than sheets of the finest silk against her skin or fine wine on her tongue.

She wasn't surprised by Ulrich's frown, she was sure he thought he'd have more time to woo her, but that was all the more reason for her to leave. She was wary of him, with good reason though she didn't know that, she only knew that he was the kind of man that most women would kill to be alone with for a few days. Of course, she didn't know that for most women, that there would be a lethal price to pay. Either way, Varena had conditioned herself to shy from indulgence, she had learned early that she actually had very little in the way of self control, so it was better to just avoid a situation where she would be tempted. It was just her nature, though she didn't know just how true that was.

So the Huntress was relieved when Ulrich didn't press the matter and instead seemed to respect her decision, raising her goblet in return and sipping her wine with a feeling of relief. However, his declaration of wanting to make this the night of her life made her hesitate, and she considered for a moment retreating to her room. Varena did need him to remove the bandage for her though, so she sighed a bit and nodded, “Alright,” She agreed, pulling off her tunic for him and turning around so he could take care of that for her. She tensed almost immediately as he slid his hands down her back, her jaw tightening as she felt the tension of anxiety building up in her chest. Ulrich's suggestive tone didn't help, well not in the way she wanted anyway. She was only relieved when he started to finally remove the bandage.

When it was gone, Varena started to reach for her tunic, eager to cover herself and get away from his touch and his eyes. She could practically feel them on her, running over her, devouring her, but his hands were a far more dominating presence, making her go still before she was even able to really start to reach for her clothing. They were a lot bolder than they had been the night before, no longer restricting themselves to her back and shoulders as they stroked down her arms and back up. She could feel her pulse pounding a little harder in her throat, his fingertips never straying over that invisible line of propriety, but they certainly brushed against it and teased along it, making a multitude of silent promises to her body.

Ulrich's words were laced with those same promises, never coming out and saying it directly, but they were there none the less as his hands caressed her on the border of being inappropriate but never straying over that barrier. Varena could hear her blood rushing in her ears, staring intently ahead as she listened to him and could physically feel her resolve wavering. Something about his tone, his touch, they made something deep inside her stir. Not arousal or need, though they certainly peeked their heads out as well, but something else, something far more intangible to her, like another consciousness waking up inside her. Varena forced herself to give a soft laugh, “I bet you say that to all the beautiful women you lure to your home.” She willed her hands to grab her tunic and pull it on, but they wouldn't respond.

“Only those that I truly see as beauty.” Ulrich would reply, a smile on his face as he looked down to Varena's exposed neck. This was such a familiar position.. One that usually ended with blood. His eyes fixed on the veins of her neck, the arteries that pumped oh so delicious blood through out her lovely body. Just a taste, a tease... But that would lead down the wrong path, Varena would try and kill him if he took a bite. The thought making Ulrich smirk as he instead moved down and lightly kissed her flesh.

“Believe it or not I find you rather alluring.” The man stated, leaned his head back so he wasn't tempted to do more. “As if I had to sift through the coals to find my diamond.” He continued, hands pushing harder against her skin, his finger tips beginning to pull more like he was gripping her flesh. Only to let up and continue on. “Such poise beneath the blood and armor. Such enchantment locked deep away. You're my flower that has yet to bloom, I wish simply to see you for who you truly are.” Ulrich added, more pertaining to her demon blood but it was still a cryptic sentence that would be taken as more romantic. Besides he got the impression that Varena still didn't have much of a clue as to what was going on inside of her.

“If only for tonight relax and enjoy yourself.” Ulrich said, hands moving down to caress her stomach. Softly rubbing before moving down to the top of her thighs this time. “You deserve some sort of self indulgence as a Huntress after all.”

Varena gave a soft laugh, almost a scoff, at his reply, but it got caught in her throat a bit as he leaned down and kissed her neck. She could practically feel her pupils dilate at the sensual touch of his lips, her skin surprisingly warm already. She had always been a bit of a human furnace, and in her current state it only seemed to be magnified. Ulrich was smart not to bite her though, or she really would try to kill him, whether or not she would be successful was anyone's guess. Either way, the kiss to her neck did more to weaken her resolve than she would like to admit.

She listened to Ulrich continue his compliments and verbal seduction, his hands still touching her, working over her exposed flesh. His request for her to relax and enjoy herself was met with an unsure glance over her shoulder before she grew distracted by his hands running over her stomach before they started rubbing the tops of her thighs. A voice in the back of her head agreed with his words though, she did deserve a bit of indulgence. Varena lead a rough, dangerous life and she rarely got to enjoy the fruits of her labor. Usually that voice was rather small, no bigger than anyone else's subconscious mind but it was much louder now all of a sudden, almost as if it was her real voice now.

Varena bit the inside of her cheek for a moment before she turned around, looking at the man with a questioning expression. “And how are you proposing I do that?” She asked him, her tone half accusation, half curiosity. She hadn't bothered to put on her tunic, what was the point? He'd just wheedle her back out of it. Really though it was a sign of the battle of her two wills, consciously fighting against her subconscious. She refused to simply give in like she wanted, but that didn't mean she couldn't provide him opportunities to wear her down just that little bit more.

Ulrich was about to go in for another kiss when to his surprise Varena took it upon herself to turn around. They were so close now that for her to do such a thing could be miss leading. Was she beginning to crack? Beginning to listen to Ulrich and enjoy herself? Oh what a joyous night indeed! She was only met with Ulrich's most confident smirk, the man's hands moving back for only a moment till she had settled and was looking to him. Ulrich simply returning the glance as his hands went to her stomach once more, beginning to work their way up with all intentions of being a little more brazen with their situation.

“Who am I to tell a woman what she so desires or needs?” Ulrich asked, smiling as he continued to massage his way up to her chest. “I could only imagine some more wine. I even have fruit. Imagine the fun we could have with fruit.” The man grinned, his hands brushing at the bottom of her breasts before slipping under and around to her back. Resting at her lower back as the man leaned in once more, kissing that same spot he had kissed moments before.

The kissing turned much more into a sucking, the feeling of his tongue against her flesh becoming quite apparent. Fear of biting her long gone, he was no new born after all. His hands would finally go past that threshold though, one coming up to caress a breast, the other going down to massage her thigh.. Curling in to start rubbing her inner thigh.

Varena found herself very close to him once she turned around, she thought about moving back a bit, but she didn't. Every time logic told her what was a good idea and what was a bad idea, that now more prominent voice in her head argued and she simply contradicted it. So she stayed close to Ulrich, not protesting as his hands moved back to caress her stomach. They started to work their way up though, and she arched a brow at him with a sort of feigned curiosity. She knew exactly what he was doing, but once again, she couldn't seem to make herself put up any sort of resistance to his advances.

She couldn't help but give a soft laugh though at his ideas, giving him a very questioning look at the mention of fruit. “Fruit?” She repeated, “I'm almost afraid to ask...” She didn't really get the chance to decide whether or not she should before his hands distracted her again, brushing against the underside of her breasts before his arms circled around her. Ulrich's lips were back on her neck before she could really decide how to react to all this, but his actions forced a reaction out of her anyway. Varena's eyes widened as he sucked at her tender flesh, his tongue playing over it, making her heart beat hard in her chest, quickening her pulse under his lips.

The woman's breath grew a little rough, her eyes half closing as her head tilted to the side, exposing her neck better for him, completely unaware of just how dangerous a gesture this was with her host. Her hands twitched a little, fighting the urge to touch him, but Ulrich's hands had no qualms with indulging themselves. She felt the one caress along one of her breasts, the other rubbing along her inner thigh, straying close to their apex, where her sex was nestled under her clothing. Things were spiraling out of control quickly, but Varena couldn't bring herself not to enjoy it as she fell victim to his charms and yielded to his advances. Her hands finally gave in, reaching out to splay over his stomach, running up over his chest to his shoulders and down his arms to cover his hands with her own, pressing both of them into her intimately, even guiding his one hand between her legs, pressing herself into his palm with a soft noise. She was slightly horrified in the back of her mind as she crumbled so quickly, but she couldn't seem to stop.

“No you're not.” Ulrich said back to Varena when she said she was afraid to ask, a smirk on his face as he could only imagine the fun they could have with fruit. Licking it off of one another, just eating something like a peach. Taking more then one bite, each bite producing an excess of juice that one could in no way keep from going onto their cheeks and lips. Would Varena's peach taste so sweet? Ulrich could only imagine as he sucked and licked at her neck till a wonderful mark would form their. Ulrich kissing the spot before leaning back to see what had happened down below.

Varena had actually advanced the plot of this little play. Her hands on his own to get him to do more then tease and caress her. He found his grip on her breast tightening, pulling back so he could lightly pinch at her nipple before rubbing his thumb against it. His hand between her legs had in fact been pressed between her legs, right to the crotch of whatever pants she was wearing. Her hand guiding his in order to make him go up and down to stimulate her. Either she did in fact have incubi blood in her or she was quite the brazen woman once Ulrich could climb those walls of hers. This crumbling as it were Ulrich sign to put all his eggs in the basket.

He would press himself into her, that arm rest serving as quite the back cushion for Varena as Ulrich brought his lips to hers. Kissing her with such passion that could only have been described in what romance novels Varena could of read over the years. As if her lips were his constant, her breath his life. Tilting his head he molded his lips to hers, while his hand played a different tune. Where she started he would definitely continue, pushing the top of his palm against where he knew her clit would be beneath her garments as his fingers moved down her crotch. And when he brought them back up he would repeat the process, pressing harder to match the very sudden breath taking kiss he was giving Varena.

Varena would almost pay money to just watch Ulrich eat a peach, without a doubt one of the most feminine fruits out there. Or maybe she'd just rather he ate her peach. She tried to shake those kinds of thoughts from her mind, finding that she was having trouble reining in what she could only call her nature. It was, she knew this. Varena lived her life like any recovered addict, having to constant fight the temptation of her addiction, only her addiction happened to be most anything enjoyable. She had an addictive personality, her mother told her she got that from her father, but either way, she'd nearly gotten sucked into a very destructive lifestyle as a teenager, and ever since she'd had to learn to control herself not to lapse back into it. It was a constant struggle, one she had gotten so used to it had just become second nature. But it wasn't her first nature, this was, and she was having trouble fighting it back now that it had control again for the first time in nearly eight years. How in the world had this stranger managed to do this to her in only a few days?

She couldn't bring herself to question it for very long as Ulrich sucked and licked at her neck before finally pulling back to observe his mark on her flesh, like a brand. His firm caress of her breast had her move into his touch, but his thumb over her nipple cause the softest of noises to flicker in her throat before it disappear. His hand rubbing between her legs made Varena's breaths grow deep and harsh though, still a little horrified with herself in the back of her mind. Still when he moved into her, she fell back against the arm rest willingly, reclining against it in time for Ulrich's lips to crash into hers.

Gods that kiss! Varena didn't think she'd ever been kissed like that in her entire life. Her lips meshed and molded to his, her tongue brushing against his lips for a brief moment before his hand took on the mission of working her over her pants with gusto. His palm grinding against her clit made the woman moan into his mouth hungrily, her hands grabbing his shirt tightly, her hips rolling into his touch, encouraging him as he repeated the process. That small voice in the back of her head was screaming at her to stop him, but she couldn't, she didn't have the will power.

Yes... Submit... Ulrich was loving every passing second of this. How Varena's body started to push back and move to his own. Craving each touch and caress he could possibly give her with his lips or hands. How would she react to sex? This only fueled Ulrich's action even more as the only thing he could think about was getting Varena completely naked, to feel her bare sex against his. This was a perfect setting too, wine and a fire place... Oh what stories could be written about what was to unfold here.

Ulrich was more then aroused by all of this, a bulge in his pants already having formed. His attention was else where, Varena's reaction much more thrilling and fascinating then his own gratification of his member. It wouldn't be long at this rate before the poor woman would grow wet, staining what undergarments and pant she wore. Ulrich wanted to feel that, to cause her such pleasure that she could do nothing but moan out to him for more. His hand rubbing a few more times before moving up to the top of her pants.

His lips would move from hers now that he was satisfied with the effect they had in that kiss. Kissing and licking lightly to her ear so he could suck there. To give her a different sensation at every turn, at every moment. He wanted to fulfill every desire she could come up with, every desire he could imagine with her flesh... Just to keep this going on and on, and see if his suspicions of what she might be to be true or not. So his hand would breach her pants, slipping from up top to go down along her pubic hair so he could directly play with the lips of her pussy.

Back
Top Bottom