Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

True Calling (Atroxa x Effigy)

Lilura was a competitive person, so if anyone could turn reaching a climax a race it was her, and she was determined she win by whatever moves she had to pull on him. She wasn't the most experienced partner, but she was a fast learner, and she was observant to a fault. Durihan would have to get much better at hiding his reactions if he didn't want her to pick up what exactly he thought of a particular act. And she had certainly noticed that his balls were a weak point, literally and figuratively.

Durihan's protest made the girl give a rough, panted laugh, giving him a mischievous grin. She didn't have the capacity to answer him though, her hips rocking on top of his, effectively fucking him now rather than him fucking her. Lilura's hand continued to massage and rub against his balls, panting and moaning as his cock rubbed against the walls of her pulls and his fingers played with her clit. When he moaned her name and his cock throbbed hard inside her, the girl moaned loudly, pushing herself down on him harder, almost more concerned with getting him off rather than getting herself off.

Lilura could feel his balls pulse under her fingers as his cock spasmed inside her, spurting his seed into her depths, making their combined juices escape her to run down over his balls, letting her rub her fingers against them a little faster, encouraging him. She lost her hold on them though as Durihan's cock managed to slip free of her, the last few strands of his cum flying up to land on her stomach instead, warm and slick. His orgasm achieved, she became more focused on herself, her hips continuing to rock on top of him, but into his hand this time instead of his cock. Lilura gasped and moaned as his fingers rubbing and stroked her clit vigorously, making her hips buck into his touch until she cried out softly, her back arching and her hands going back to grip his shoulder and his side as she came, her juices leaking down onto his cock, rubbing her slit against his freshly spent shaft.

Durihan was actually out of breath, his chest rising and lowering at a quicken pace as he sat there. Which effectively would push Lilura back and forth seeing how she had leaned up against him once more through the thralls of her own orgasm. His hand falling idly to her thigh once she had gotten off as well. The two a rather fun mess of sweat, juices, but satisfied smiles as they sat there together.

The first action the Durihan took was simply to kiss Lilura's shoulder, his arms slowly moving down and around Lilura in a sort of hugging motion over her stomach. Pretty much content with sitting there with the winner of their little sexual race sitting on her throne like some champion. Every so often kissing her shoulder again and again. Letting her relax against himself as he gathered himself back together and calmed down.

“I wouldn't of tried to leave if you were going to sleep with me.” Durihan would break the silence with a joke, smirking as he turned his head to look at the girl. Still rather amazed at the situation they two of them were in now. Where would they go from here? It wasn't like they could tell her father, or anyone else for that matter. This was very much a taboo on multiple levels, and more then likely a secret they would have to keep. Durihan not too happy with that idea but quickly brushed it away since he was more interested in the beautiful young woman sitting on his lap and laying against him. Every so often rubbing herself against his cock to tease him.

Lilura sat back against the man's chest, his full panted breaths pushing her back and forth as she panted herself. She went a bit limp as she rested, leaning back against him, one hand laying on his arm and the other on his thigh, gray eyes half closed. They opened a bit more when Durihan's arms came around her, her lips curving in a tired smile as he kissed her shoulders, the two of them basking in the afterglow of their second orgasm for the night. Lilura was finally satisfied, if only because it was late when they even started.

She made an annoyed sound though when Durihan teased her, glaring at him a bit over her shoulder. “It wasn't a part of the plan,” She told him, stretching a little in his lap with a soft groan, her arms over her head and the muscles along her back flexing. That was followed by a soft yawn, the girl moving to slide off his lap finally, flopping onto the bed on her back with a sigh. Lilura felt exhausted, and would have happily just gone to sleep right then, but there was the problem of the juices and liquids smeared between her thighs and now across her stomach. So she sat up a little, propping herself up on her elbows to glance at her bathroom door before looking back to Durihan.

“I'm taking a bath,” Lilura told him, her brows arching with a smirk, “Care to join me?” She didn't wait for an answer though, rolling off her bed and walking to her bathroom, still naked, and disappearing inside. She got the water going, letting it start to fill the tub, which was only just big enough for two people, and waiting to see if Durihan was going to join her or not. She was fairly sure as to what he'd do though.

Durihan chuckled a little when she said it wasn't part of the plan. It was probably true but he liked to imagine it in a different light. But that really didn't matter anymore now that they had had sex. His stay here would be much more permanent then he had planned now. Unless of course Lilura was done with him now. But how could she be after the way she stopped him, after the way she looked at him or so willingly allowed him to take her? There was so much more to the two of them now. There was definitely a special bond that the two now had that no one else could share with them. Lilura hadn't exactly admitted that she loved Durihan, but there definitely had to be something there for her to do all this.

He watched as she moved over to the bed, a smile on his face before she spoke of a bath. That sounded wonderful actually and all he did was nod his head, staying where he was though just so he could watch Lilura leave. Watch her walk to her bathroom... The way her ass moved, the way she teased him without even trying. Durihan would soon follow, joining her in the bathroom as she drew the water for their bath.

It was going to be easier if Durihan got in first. So the man would stay to one of the ends, lowering himself with his hands on the sides of the tub. Letting out a low groan to the hot water that Lilura had drawn for them. Durihan hadn't seen rune carved tubs in quite some time, a real magical luxury to have. The man looking to Lilura, though now that they sorta bridged the physical gap between the two he let his eyes wander up her body. Very much enjoying the view before him.

Lilura didn't know what to think of things between them, she decided that she just didn't have the energy to do so right now. She'd figure it out later, she knew that things would be different now, how could they not be? And she didn't know how she would handle it. She'd never been in this kind of situation, she'd never cared about anyone like this before, she'd never shared this feeling of intimacy. She just knew that Durihan was more important to her now than anyone had been to her since her mother had died. And she didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but for tonight, it was a good thing, and she just wanted to enjoy herself.

She let Durihan get in first, chuckling under her breath at his reaction to the hot water, before climbing in herself. She let out a satisfied sigh as she sank into the water, instantly soothing the soreness between her legs and in her thighs a bit. Lilura leaned back against him, sitting in his lap with a content expression, though she smirked at him a bit over her shoulder. “Oh, sorry, did I ruin your view?” She teased, leaning over and grabbing the sponge sitting on a stand next to the tub, as well as a bar of soap, dipping both in the water to lather the sponge.

“I'll manage somehow.” Durihan said with a smirk, kissing the back of her head now that she had reverted to using him as a chair again. He couldn't help but bring his hands down into the water, coming down to rest against her thigh and stomach. To think if he hadn't tried to limp his way out of the forest that one night.. .Would the two of them ever have met? Sure she would of found the bodies eventually but then she would of found one more. Durihan smiling again as he sat here in her bath tub of all places with a young and attractive noble woman on his lap. Definitely better then face down in woods.

The man started to hum some tune. An old one by today's standards. It was rather soft, and as he did this he found his hands moving. More to just caress Lilura's body as she went to clean herself. He truly couldn't get enough of her now that he had her. Though he was being good, not going for her breasts or anywhere more provocative. He only imagined she would be as sore as he was in such an area. “You have any spells to prolong this night?” He would ask, smirking a little as he sat there.

Lilura smiled at his response and the kiss he gave to the back of her head. This was definitely strange, this sort of affection, but she liked it. She sighed softly as his hands caressed over her body as she washed her skin with the sudsy sponge, washing his cum off her stomach and carefully washing away the fluids between her legs. She was definitely sore, and knew she'd be even more sore tomorrow, she probably wouldn't be riding for a couple of days at least. It was worth it though she thought, sitting nestled in his lap, listening to him hum a tune.

Durihan's question made her laugh softly and she shook her head, “No, unfortunately,” she told him, finishing with the soap and the sponge and handing it back to him. She sighed as she sat in the water, which was maintaining it's temperature thanks to the runes, then yawned. “I think a day off tomorrow is in order though,” she commented, knowing she wouldn't have the energy to do much of anything besides what was required of her.

Once she passed the sponge off to Durihan he would have her sit forward a little. Taking it upon himself to first scrub her back. Which really just turned into a massage before he up and let go of the sponge to float in the water, both his hands coming up to her shoulders to tend to the muscles there. It had been awhile since he had been this intimate with someone, he was quite enjoy it in fact.

“I like that idea.” He said when she said that tomorrow should be a day off. Though he still would watch her and guard her. So not so much for him. Then again that probably meant no spells and the like so he wouldn't have to go out and get a body for her. Her massage would stop though once a rather weird and almost uncomfortable sound emitted from the right of her. Durihan cringing a before he removed his hands from her. He would have to do this in front of her but if he didn't it would just get worse.

So she would watch as he held his right hand with his left. What it looked like was his hand straining as much as possible while his fingers tried to curl into a fist. It looked painful, like his hand was trying to curl into itself but stopped at the edges of his palm. The sound she heard was his fingers popping in multiple places. That same sound slowly repeating as Durihan started to pry his fingers back straight, looking like he had dislocated each finger and was putting them back in place. With a closer look at his hand, Lilura would be able to see a particular scar on his wrist a thick line that didn't exactly fade into a white line like other scars usually did.

Lilura was a little surprise, pleasantly though, when he started scrubbing her back as she'd handed him the sponge for him to clean himself. She wasn't about to complain though, letting out a pleased noise at the sensation of the sponge scrubbing gently over the pale, smooth skin of her back. She relaxed, leaning forward with her eyes half closed, smiling gently as Durihan just got rid of the sponge and started rubbing her shoulders. She was enjoying this as well, not just physical pleasure of his massage, but the more emotional side of the act, his affection welcome and enjoyed. Lilura knew that he would never really get a day off, being her only guard, but she would refrain from doing anything that would really put her in harm's way. So his day would at least be less stressful.

When the massage suddenly stopped though she looked over her shoulder at Durihan, the girl's expression confused and concerned at the pained noise he made. She watched him force his seizing hand to straighten back out. Her brows drew together, staying quiet as he worked on his hand, looking to his face once he was done, an obviously questioning look on her face. “What was that about?” She asked him, her gray eyes glancing at the scar on his wrist, “and where'd you get that?”

“This one isn't because I am getting old.” Durihan would joke. Though he didn't smile, his eyes fixed on his hand. The man's teeth even gritted a little as he slowly opened and closed his right hand. Making a fist and then flattening out his fingers. A few more quieter pops sound off before he could do it without any sort of popping happen. The man letting out a sigh of relief.

“About five years ago I was in Arlanthia. Having wandered the lesser forest for awhile. There are trade villages in the lesser populated woods. Anyway I accepted a job to go into the deeper woods to pick some fruit of some kind. Don't remember the fruit just had a drawing of it. So there I was, climbing a tree for this fruit before I get shouted at from down below.” Durihan had started to move his hands, like his gestures would somehow help with telling the story. “Turns out I was trespassing on scared Elven woods and the fruit I was sent to get was forbidden to pluck. As you can imagine I pretty much told the elf to fuck off and reached for the fruit. I got an arrow right into my wrist for reaching.” Durihan said, running the fingers of his left hand over the scar.

“They let me live once I gave up and climbed down. Back in town a healer told me that the arrow had dug a bit too deep. Now every so often the bone of my hand presses to a nerve or whatever muscle controls the my grip and tightens my hand up. Hurts like hell till I straighten it back out.” Durihan said, trying to get away from the not so happy story by kissing the back of Lilura's head. And with such a concentration on Durihan's hands. A scar in the center of his left hand was now on display. This one a circle that had faded. But there was one on the top of his hand and on his palm. “Oh and this one.” Durihan stated, pointing to the circle scar. “I actually didn't get it from a fight. I was tracking some trolls in Ruavia and stepped on some sorta trap they had set up. This branch swinging at my head with sharpened twigs tied to it. Would of killed me if I didn't stop it with my hand. One of the twigs went right through the center of my palm.”

Lilura gave him a wry smile as he joked a bit about the origin of his scars, watching him set his hand straight again before he began to explain what had happened. The girl sat comfortable in his lap in the hot water, listening curiously and feeling content. Then Durihan told her about some of his other travels, looking as he pointed out various scars to her, laughing under her breath as he finished. “Seems like you've had quite the adventures,” she told him, taking his left hand and looking at the round scar from when the branch had gone right through his palm. She kissed the one on his palm lightly before sitting up a little.

“Unfortunately, it's time to get to bed,” she sighed, looking at Durihan and trying not to look too disappointed, instead she tried to look rather neutral, still trying to keep her attachment to him in check. Lilura knew that she cared for him, about him, but she felt like it was unwise to go too far too soon. There were still a lot of things she had to do, things that her might help her with, but he might also be a hindrance. She knew Durihan loved her, and that he had already done a lot for her, more than most would, especially old knights.

Lilura gripped the edge of the tub and hauled herself out carefully, her pale skin pink from the heat of the water, and grabbed a towel, setting another nearby for him whenever he needed it. The girl dried herself a little, “I think it'd be safest if you returned to your room for the night.” She told him, glancing at Durihan as she wrapped herself in the plush towel, tucking it under her arms and over her bust.

Durihan smiled, she was right unfortunately. It was getting late and if they were to carry on appearances they couldn't go on without sleeping much. The man looking to Lilura then as she did her best to look neutral. But it only came off as a child trying to hide how she really felt. Which was only cute and Durihan smirked at the attempt. Content however to sit there and watch the young girl get out of the tub.

He took a few moments to wash himself properly, seeing how before he was happy to bath Lilura. A quick scrub with the sponge, dipping his head under. He would get out as well, just when Lilura said it would be safest for him to return to his room. Durihan was already nodding, however he couldn't help but show a frown as he went to the towel she had gotten for him. “Yeah, you are probably right.”

Durihan would dry himself off before setting the towel where he found it. Making his way into Lilura's room to collect his clothing. However he couldn't help but glance at Lilura here and there. Smiling at the girl as he got his pants on or his shirt. When he was fully dressed the man would come to her bed, reaching for her face so he could kiss her one last time. The kiss a rather affectionate one as he pressed his lips to hers. And with that he would leave. “Good night.” He said, leaving her bedroom before going to his. However he would quickly leave his bedroom afterwards, everything he owned he had already packed onto Hector when he meant to leave!

After an eventful night Durihan would finally return to his room, more tired then he would lead on and pass out in bed. The following morning waking up was a little bit of an issue but he was no stranger to forcing himself to get things done. Memories of the night before however danced around his head as he got dressed, putting his sword back on his belt before leaving to check on Lilura. To his surprise he found her leaving, and as much as he would of liked a kiss or some sort of more affectionate hello, the girl had a rather annoyed look to her. Which was made apparent by how she told Durihan that her father had summoned her.

So the ex-knight followed, keeping quiet as he learned it was best to just let Lilura deal with these situations her way. Durihan staying at the door of Lennox's study and waited. However what started as a conversation turned into a rather heated argument where both Lilura and Lennox shouted at one another. Of course the day after he and Lilura had laid together would her father tell her that he was forcing her to get married. Durihan had to sigh and revel in the irony of it all. But once Lilura left the study he would be on his feet again, not really sure what to say. “Need to leave the castle for a bit?” Durihan would ask, Lilura obviously not the happiest of campers at the moment.

Lilura hadn't completely refused to show her affection for him, returning the former knight's kiss before he left, but she had tried to be somewhat reserved. Which she knew was ridiculous considering what they had just done together but the girl was stubborn and stuck in her ways. Acting like a moon struck girl just wasn't in her nature. So while she accepted and returned his kiss eagerly, she let Durihan leave without a fuss, even if she did feel incredibly lonely when he was gone. That was new for her, she couldn't really remember the last time she had felt lonely. Lilura was often alone, but it rarely bothered her.

So she fell asleep in her bed alone, which still smelled of the both of them, trying to keep the wish for Durihan to still be with her from fully forming in her head. She saw no point in torturing herself with what she couldn't have. She slept hard through the night, exhausted, and was woken in the morning by a servant like usual. Lilura was about to tell the woman to just go away, she'd decided to sleep in for once, but then she was told that her father wanted to see her, so the girl got up, immediately in a bad mood. She got ready, made sure there were no obvious marks on her neck, and left.

Durihan had apparently been on his way to her room, the two meeting in the hall, so she told him where she was going, obviously not in the mood for any affection, and went to her father's office. Once there, her father told her he had good news, that despite how unapproachable she'd been during their visit, the Hanrieche family wanted her to marry their son. The discussion had immediately devolved into a shouting match, Lilura wondering aloud how much he had had to increase her dowry to to make them agree to this, being told it was none of her business and she had no choice or say in the matter.

Needless to say, Lilura left his office fuming, slamming the heavy door shut behind her, glancing at Durihan as he spoke and giving a harsh scoff, “Yes,” she hissed angrily, though not angry with him of course. The irony of the situation was not lost on her at all, her heels clicking angrily against the stone floor as she walked quickly down the hall to her room, stopping just outside and pointing at Durihan, “Stay here.” The girl disappeared inside to change, not wanting any distractions, she just wanted out of here. That done she reemerged in her boots and trousers, leading the way down to the stables, tacking up Bayard herself and having a servant tack up Hektor, mounting up outside and trotting briskly off the grounds. Once they were through the gates Lilura let out a string of curses that would make a sailor blush, snarling angrily when she was done, “The nerve of him!”

Durihan did his best to keep his eyes forwards. The anger was obviously pointed at her father and he wasn't going to put himself in a situation to take offense. And now more then ever Durihan was finding himself actually caring about Lilura's future. More then protecting it and letting her decide what to do, this was something more of well. They were past the mystery of caring for one another. So he wasn't surprised how much he cared.

To his surprise Lilura pointed outside of her door and practically ordered Durihan to stay. Like some dog. Durihan's eye brow would rise as he looked to the girl, but she would disappear into her room without a second to talk. So Durihan did what he was told, standing exactly where she had pointed and did his best to look like he was on guard. Back straight, hand on the end of his weapon. His mind wandering though. He didn't want some fat little kid with his Lilura. Durihan's eyes opening a little wide there when he realized he thought of Lilura as his.

Though before he could think to much into it Lilura would emerge in her usual riding outfit and the two were off to the stables. And before long they were mounted on their horses and out of the castle. Even for Durihan the vast vocabulary of Lilura's curses had made him grow silent. Even going so far as to look from left to right as if he would be embarrassed if anyone was around. When she finally concluded with a rather tame sentence after her outburst, Durihan would close the gap between the two so they would be riding next to one another.

“What exactly does he do anyways?” Durihan asked, though it was more retorical then anything else. “You run the castle, all I see him do is leave for some party or entertain guests. Seems pretty useless to me.” He added, rather relaxed though as the ride was nice. Sun was up, things were peaceful. “Bet no one would notice if he died. I know I wouldn't.” Durihan added, laughing and trying to make Lilura feel better. Always made him feel better to think about people he hated dying.

Lilura wasn't angry with him by any means, but she was angry with damn near everyone else. She silently cursed her father, the king, all the nobles who had supported her mother's execution, the fat little shit she was supposed to marry, his parents, everyone and anyone who had in any way contributed to her having to live under the yolk of her idiot father. She gave a harsh laugh when Durihan asked her what her father even did, “Absolutely nothing,” she muttered angrily under her breath, glaring at the back of Bayard's head.

The day was beautiful, but it was lost on her, she was feeling murderous, truly murderous. If she could get away with it, she would go back in there and kill him now, but she couldn't. These things took time, she'd been planning for a while, and to rush it now would just ruin everything. Besides, she had the added variable to her equation that was Durihan and her relationship to him. He could be a hindrance, she didn't know yet. What had happened last night threw everything off balance, she wasn't sure how to go from here when it came to her plans regarding her father and her future. She knew one thing though, that future did not include being forced to marry some weak, chubby little boy.

Lilura's head snapped around to look at him when he spoke of no one noticing if her father died, looking at him for a moment with narrowed eyes before looking back ahead. It was pretty obvious that his joke hadn't so much made her feel better as it did calm her down, even make her focus a little. “Yes... I've often thought the same thing,” she told him quietly, then not speaking for a moment, lost in thought. “Durihan, you have to know that I've been practicing black magic for a reason and not just out of curiosity,” she told him, glancing at the former knight briefly. He wasn't stupid, she knew he had to have noticed that she did not practice with the unfocused curiosity of a girl just testing her abilities. “I'm going after everyone,” she told him, her tone was quiet, and serious, even threatening, “I'm going to make each and every one of them pay for killing my mother.” Lilura looked at him, her expression a serious mask of resolution, her eyes betrayed a bit of misgiving though, not sure how he would react to all of this, “And I think you're past due some revenge yourself.”

She paused, reining Bayard to a stop, looking at Durihan, “I'm going to kill my brother and father, it hadn't been in the plans to do this now, but my father isn't leaving me much of a choice. It's them, and then it's everyone else.”

“Really?” Durihan would ask when Lilura said she had often thought about her father's death. It was nice that she was talking with a more civil tone now. But was she joking or serious about that? Lilura wasn't exactly the kind of person to joke around with, especially about death. He was about to pry when Lilura would break the silence. The girl beginning to unravel the mystery of herself that Durihan could only speculate on till now.

“....” Durihan couldn't think of what to say at the moment. Sure he had wondered, wondered why Lilura was so adamant on her black magic. So focused on pushing herself and to a degree that was more then curiosity. But Revenge, not just revenge but a massacre. Was that really what the girl wanted? Durihan was left to look at her as she stopped her horse, she returning his glance in a usual manner to judge him. Or to figure out how he was processing everything.

If she had spilled this on him a few weeks ago Durihan would of laughed at a little girls attempt at revenge. But things were definitely different now. And she even said that he was past due on his own revenge. Something that Durihan hadn't pursued in years. How could he though? No magic, just getting older each year. Little to no resources or allies for such a foolish cause. Yet Lilura here was ready to face such odds. She was planning for it.

“You're serious aren't you?” Durihan asked, but that was just a stupid question. When was Lilura never serious? This left Durihan only to smile and nod his head though. Maybe with Lilura's help he could get revenge. The thought always seemed to dance it's way back into his head here and there but always been drowned by ale. So now that Lilura had him off the stuff what was he do to? Besides... It had truly been too long since Durihan had pledged himself to an actual cause, or even his loyalty to a noble house or royal.

So Durihan got off of his horse Hector. Eyes trained on Lilura as he walked over. Stopping a few feet away from her before he drew his sword. Quick to plant it in the ground before kneeling behind it. Both his hands coming to grab hold of the grip before he tilted his head down to rest his forehead against the bottom of his sword. “I, Durihan Aldwin pledge my loyalty and sword to you Lilura Balfour. To protect and serve your name and house with every breath I have left. May your enemies know the taste of my blade, may my body serve as your shield, and may my loyalty be a testament to your ambitions and goals. I pledge to die before seeing you fail.” Durihan said soundly, much like when they were training he spoke from memory, as if reciting scripture. Of course throwing their names in there but still. The knight's pledge was a pledge non the less.

With that Durihan stood up, pulling his sword from the ground. Only to his surprise when he pulled his blade would come up short. Half of it still stuck in the ground sticking up some ways, the other in his hand. His sword broke. As if to throw mockery in his face for trying to act like a knight once more. Looking down at his half of a sword Durihan found himself in a moment of panic and confusion. Slowly looking back up to Lilura. But seeing her face sort of calmed that storm. Durihan even smiling before he sheathed what was in his hand. “You know. I think it is about time I replaced my sword.” Durihan admitted as he got back onto Hector, leaving the other half of his sword stuck in the ground. Once the two had started to ride again he would begin to ask about her plans. "So how do you want to take care of your family then?"

Lilura rarely joked, especially about death, and especially about killing people she didn't like. If she was going to think about it then she wasn't going to waste her energy just joking. So of course when he asked if she was serious, Lilura gave him a bit of an annoyed look, as if to ask him 'what do you think?' as she was pretty sure that she had never once joked with Durihan actually. She might be sarcastic on occasion, but that was about as close as she got to kidding around about something. His smile made her eyes narrow, starting to wonder if maybe he wasn't taking her seriously, and she was about tell him off for it when he dismounted off of Hektor.

She watched Durihan, brows furrowed as she looked down at him, frowning a little when he actually drew his sword. The girl was worried that he had taken this confession even more poorly than she had thought, but then he planted it in the ground and knelt and she realized that he was doing the opposite of what she had started to fear. Lilura watched him with a calmer expression, almost affectionate, but not quite, listening as he pledged himself to her and her cause. It was probably one of the more significant moments of her life, since she didn't think that anyone had openly supported her in anything since her mother had died.

Lilura blinked though when his sword suddenly broke, looking back up at the former knight tensely, worried that he was maybe going to have a break down over losing what had always seemed like a very precious belonging to him. But after he recovered from the initial shock he actually took it rather well, and Lilura gave her first smile of the day to him, laughing a bit under her breath. “Yes, and your armor,” she agreed. She kept riding once Durihan got back in the saddle, glancing at him as he asked about her plans for her family.

It only too a few days for her to put those plans into action, they weren't that complicated now that she had him helping her. She acquired enough gold for him to hire some rather unsavory characters from the town over with very clear instructions on what to do. She was placing a lot of trust in Durihan, leaving it to him to make sure that everything went right. Lilura did not hate her brother, she was rather neutral to him really, and had no desire for him to suffer a long death. No, she wanted him to have a quick, painless death, but one that would in no way be tied to her. She was careful to let servants see her about the castle, placing her well away from what was going to happen on her brother's weekly ride with his guards.

“Don't get ahead of yourself. My armor isn't broken.” Durihan would quickly say when Lilura hinted that his armor needed replacing as well. But that only resulted in a few laughs since Lilura was absolutely correct in saying that. Who knew why he felt this way now. He didn't exactly feel any different about his past, but there was just something more for him now. Like before all he had was his past life... And now he had well Lilura's.

To his surprise Lilura had definitely planned out the death of her brother, almost to a t really. The amount of gold to hire outside thugs, the exact time and location where her brother would be. Every week the boy rode with three guards into the forest, nothing adventurous or dangerous, just a ride down the main path of the forest and back. But it would be there where the hired thugs would attack. And Durihan was to make sure everything went accordingly. Even more so when the deed was done he was to kill the thugs so that no witnesses would be left.

So on the day Durihan would ride out to meet with the thugs that he had hired previously, getting into position in the woods to ambush poor Vailean. And just like Lilura had said, Vailean and his three guards would come into view. Riding at a leisurely pace as the boy seemed to enjoy the scenery. Durihan giving the signal for the thugs to attack. What followed was of course bloody.

It started with arrows, aimed at the guards but more importantly the horses. Taking down the beasts after a few volleys. Six men quickly charging out from the bushes to take on the guards. They made quick work of the men, sure they had training but with little actual practice the guards were dead men. Vailean running at first, only to be caught and dragged back. One of the thugs bringing a knife to the boy's stomach.

“There we go. Job well done. Easiest sack of gold I ever made!” One of the thugs shouted out, laughing as his men joined in to laugh as well. Vailean laying on the ground, hands on his stomach to keep what was inside of him from spilling out. The boy beginning to cry out in pain. The one that had cut open Vailean's stomach stayed beside him, sorta just watching the boy as he started to cry and beg for help. “You spoiled little brat, it's about time you felt a little pain and sufferin. We was suppose to kill yah quick but we have already been paid so I think you deserve a little toughen up don't yah think? Huh boys!?” He shouted out, but this time the man didn't get his group to laugh... or say anything at all. The thug turning to see his five other buddies now dead on the ground, Durihan standing over one of them with a sword buried into the man's neck.

“Son of a bitch!” The thug shouted, charging at Durihan with the knife in hand. The ex-knight pulling his sword out and striking quickly, causing the last witness to fall over with his face cut open just below the eyes. Durihan quick to walk over to Vailean who was screaming at this point. “You...Your my sister's guard...” Vailean said, sounding relieved but still trying to talk through the pain. Durihan nodding his head, looking down at the boy. “Please, take me back. I'm in a lot of pain..” Vailean stated softly, looking down as he slowly pulled his hand away from his stomach, only to see the first bit of his intestines. So he quickly put his hand back, not wanting to see that.

“I'm gonna pick you up ok?” Durihan asked, Vailean nodding his head as he slowly started to sit up. Durihan getting behind the boy, however instead of picking him up he would pull a knife out quick to open Vailean's neck so he could bleed out much faster. Durihan holding the boy forwards for a few moments of resistance before Vailean stopped moving. The man standing up before leaving, finding Hector tied to a tree before quickly riding back. Of course stopping at a stream to clean himself up. Once he was presentable Durihan would ride back to the castle, passing off Hector to the stable hands before going to meet Lilura. Coming to her door he would knock, “I've returned Lilura.” Durihan said through the door. Not really sure if he should explain everything in detail or just tell her that everything was taken care of.

Lilura was sitting in a cushioned arm chair in the corner of her room reading when her guard and lover returned, looking up from her book with an almost serene expression. “Is it done?” She asked him, closing her book and standing, moving her book case aside to put it back in her secret hiding spot for her more nefarious tomes. She moved the book case back into place and looked at him, clasping her hands in front of her and listening to Durihan's answer. She didn't know how to feel about this, or how much she wanted to know, she supposed she'd let him answer and if she wanted to know more, she'd ask.

It wasn't quite time for her brother's ride to be done so no one would be worried about him yet, so she'd heard nothing about him either way. There was no reason for anyone to come to her and tell her that her brother hadn't returned yet when he wasn't expected back for another hour or so. Even then, it would be another hour or two before anyone was worried enough to send out people to search for him. So it was up to Durihan to tell her how things were going to go. If he had failed... she didn't know what she would do, it depended on how badly and in what way her plans had failed.

If they were successful though, she would need to enact the rest of her plans. Lilura had been preparing for that when she'd been reading, as next was her father and that plan was both more simple and more complicated. And it would all come down to her, no one would be able to help her and if she messed up, she wouldn't likely lose her life.

“Yes, I have taken care of it. The thugs are dead as well as your brother and his guards.” Durihan stated, leaving it at that. When people started to search and when they eventually found the bloody scene they would find nothing more then a gruesome aftermath of battle. Guards attacked by thugs, each man taking another till it was down to a bloody end. Most importantly Vailean was now dead. Fallen with his guards.

“When they search for him they should find the thugs and guards dead with Vailean. I made two sets of tracks leaving the scene so anyone with enough sense to look around would think there were some surviving thugs.” Durihan added on, walking over to Lilura's bed to sit down on it's edge. His eyes however looking at the floor once he was seated.

Durihan sighed though as he started to open his hands, looking at his palms as he sat there on the edge of Lilura's bed. “I've never killed a child before. I don't know if I am just stuck up on an old code of honor or if I was just not ready for this but damn...” Durihan kept his eyes on his hands, for some reason beginning to feel regret as he sat there. “The thugs didn't finish the job so I had to. Can't rely on anyone these days...”

Lilura nodded when he told her that everything was done, feeling a tension in her chest ease, she hadn't even been aware of it until then. The girl drew a long breath, her long black hair loose and falling over her shoulders and down her back, brushing some of it out of her face with a nod. “Good,” she said simply, not sure she wanted to know more than that, but listening as Durihan explained a little more to her. She realized though that the man had a troubled expression on his face, and she found out why when he told her that he had had to kill her brother.

The girl watched him quietly, able to see that it didn't sit well with him that he had had to kill a child. She merely watched Durihan for a moment, almost in that way she would when they had first met and she was studying him in the same way one would study an interesting object. She reminded herself after a moment though that he wasn't an object, and that she cared about him, so Lilura walked over to him, standing beside the former knight as he sat on the edge of her bed. She hesitated for a moment though, not entirely sure what to do, before giving a sigh, “I'm afraid I'm not very good at comforting people...” She confessed with a frown, as serious as ever.

“I can understand your feelings over killing a child, but it had to be done, and best that you ended it quickly than leave it to those thugs. I didn't want him to suffer, that's why I sent you, perhaps it's for the best that you came to me when you did, I wouldn't like the thought of my brother dying slowly in the forest,” Lilura was trying to thank him, something else she wasn't very good at, but it was the best she could do. A small, soft hand touched his cheek, applying only the softest bit of pressure with her fingertips to tilt his face up to give him a soft kiss, his beard scratching against her cheeks.

Durihan smirked once Lilura said that she wasn't very good at comforting people. She could say that again that much was for sure. But he didn't feel like he was searching for comfort. Just whatever he stuck to when he killed someone. That resolve or reasoning that it had to be done and that was that. This time it was a child, but it had to be done so that Lilura could move on with her goals. A little cold hearted yes but it was easier for the man to think it a means of whoever he was serving instead of what it truly could be. Besides it wasn't like Durihan had lived a virtuous life to be shocked to his core by such a thing.

The man agreed when Lilura did her best to put reason and logic behind his insecurities. Any other situation would have been far worse then this. Either Vailean going through a horrible death or somehow surviving which would only lead to more problems. As Lilura touched him, slowly bringing his face up to look at her he would be smiling. She might not of had much experience with comforting people, but she definitely had good instincts. A soft kiss did wonders in such a situation.

“Thank you.” Durihan stated softly, his hand coming up to rest on hers that was against his face. Smiling up to her now as he sat there. “Well, what's the next step in your plan Lilura? No stopping now right?” The man asked, standing back up and bringing her hand down so they were simply standing there holding each other's hand. Though he couldn't help but bring his other hand up to brush some hair out of Lilura's face, setting it nicely behind her ear before softly caressing her ear with his thumb.

Lilura returned his small smile, straightening as their kiss ended but letting her hand stay resting against his cheek since he seemed to like it being there. She took a small step back when he stood to give him room, holding onto his hand still. She started to answer him when Durihan brushed her hair back behind her ear, his thumb caressing it in the process. The girl arched a brow and pursed her lips, “You know, it's kind of hard to think when you do that,” she told him, brushing his hand away playfully.

She sighed after that though, her expression turning serious again. “Next is my father,” she told him, “It's something I'll have to do on my own, but you can help me prepare. We'll have to wait a couple of days, let everything with Vailean set in for him... We can't kill my father by physical means as well, it'll be too obvious that not only his death but my brother's death were planned,” Lilura explained, “We'll be going to the forest tomorrow night to get what I need to give me the magical strength to finish my plan.” It was pretty obvious that Lilura had put a lot of thought into these plans, displaying a surprising amount of cunning and cold-hearted resolve for some one her age. Which made the fact that she was standing there holding his hand a bit ironic.

Durihan smirked when Lilura spoke to him with some honesty. Always finding it a real gem when she took a few moments to speak with what intimacy she could muster from inside her serious form. She even brushed his hand away in a playful manner which got Durihan to chuckle a little. He was tempted to put it right back but the girl was soon back to her normal self, serious as ever so she could actually answer his questions.

“I'm sure I will be seeing for myself just what you have planned for your father. I want to say I can help but it doesn't seem like I can do much in this part of your plan?” Durihan asked, though Lilura didn't need to answer. He was just stating how it was, he of course more then happy to help her with whatever preparations that she needed. Though before long Durihan would bring her hand up in his own, tilting his head down just enough so he could kiss the back of her hand.

“Is there anything else you require of me?” Durihan asked, smiling then as he looked to her. Giving her a rather interesting look, like he was goading her but at the same time actually wanting to know if she needed anything else done. If one wanted to dumb it down a guard was merely a servant with a sword, it wasn't beyond Durihan to do random things for Lilura if she but asked.

Lilura was a serious young woman, she couldn't really help it though, it was a pretty common symptom for people who basically had to give up their childhood. She hadn't really had anyone to joke with in a long time, and she'd been relatively serious even as a child, before her mother had died. Durihan got her to lighten up sometimes, but it was generally short lived, she was learning though. Bit by bit maybe she'd learn to just joke around and enjoy herself for more than a few moments without feeling awkward.

Durihan sure didn't feel awkward joking around with her though, or being flirtatious. As he quickly went right back into trying to charm her, kissing the back of her hand and asking her if she needed anything of him, suggestively of course. The girl couldn't help but smirk at him, a brow arched as she made a thoughtful noise and glanced over him quickly. Was it morbid to get back in bed with him after they had just conspired successfully to kill her little brother? Lilura decided quickly that it didn't matter, her brother was dead, she was not. “I'm sure I could think up something...” She murmured before her free hand came up to catch the front of his shirt, pulling him down to press a more insistent kiss to his lips than the last one.

That night, Lilura had finally had to untangle herself from her guard to get dressed and go out act worried about her brother not having returned from his ride, and then upset when they discovered him and his guards dead, along with a group of bandits. Most of the night was spent consoling servants, since her father had simply locked himself in his study and refused to come out like the weak coward he was. So it was Lilura that arranged for a funeral for her brother and had word sent to the families of the guards who had been killed. She handled all this for the rest of the night and then started again in the morning, once again running the estate as the lady of the house.

When things finally calmed down, she got a nap, and then got up to leave with Durihan, heading into the forest. They left Hektor and Bayard tied up and went to their usual spot on foot, Lilura wary of something spooking them. This bit of magic was honestly a little advanced for her, but she didn't have much of a choice. As she prepared, she spoke to Durihan, “I don't know how this will go,” she confessed, hesitating before finally telling him what she was doing, “I need something to use as a power source for the spell I'm going to use against my father. I don't have the time to create a familiar, so I'm summoning a demon.” She suspected that Durihan would disapprove, so she just kept talking, hoping to cut off any protest he might have as she pulled some items from her bag and stood, handing them to him.

“Worst case scenario, it's too powerful for me. I won't have the strength to fight back and your sword will be useless. The longer it's here the more anchored to this world it'll become, so you'll have to act fast but these should send it back if that's what's needed.” He had a vial of clear, almost shimmering water in one hand, and a pouch with black sand in it. “Throw the water on it, then the sand, and tell it to go back to hell, that's it,” she explained, her tone calm and resolute before she knelt back down, grabbing a vial from her bag, the vial with the blood of the man Durihan had killed for it, pouring it on the ground in what she knew to be the symbols and runes she needed, before taking out a pouch of foul-smelling green dirt and sprinkling it over the area. Next she took out a dagger and cut her palm, squeezing her hand into a fist to make drops dribble down onto the ground in a circle around the spot she'd just marked.

Lilura stood with a sigh, brushing her hands off and ignoring the stinging in her palm. “Stand back, but stay close, just in case,” she told him, waiting for him to give her a bit of room before she clapped her hands together and dropped her head, beginning to murmur the spell under her breath. The runes she had drawn with the blood of that man began to shimmer and glow in that same vibrant green as all her other spells, but this time the glow was far more intense, almost so bright as to burn you eyes if you looked at them directly. Lilura continued to recite the spell, her eyes beginning to glow, glowing so brightly this time that it cast an eerie light over her features, combined with the glow of the runes, her black cloak, and her long black hair, Lilura looked rather sinister indeed, a poster child for the image that most conjured when they thought of a female necromancer.

The runes glowed brighter and brighter, and began to hiss as if they were burning, until suddenly Lilura brought her hands in a sharp, loud clap and the glow flared into green flames, the circle she had created with her own blood beginning to glow red. She continued to murmur, her features a mask, her face almost unrecognizable, as the flames began to take on a shape, a figure appearing in them.

Back
Top Bottom