Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Mr Quixotic said:
Does this sort of thing irk anyone else as much as it does me? Men do not take hints, nor attempts at subtlety, well. It's a biological fact!

P3cWmva.jpg

So, how is anything meant to be resolved when, although that there is an issue, is made blatantly obvious, we're provided no clue as to what that issue is, what we've supposedly 'done', or what may have led to it. By engaging the services of a clairvoyant?

I think I have mixed feelings about this. I expect those close to me to tell if I'm feeling down, but I won't be mad at them if they don't, nor will I expect them to infer why I'm not feeling down or what the problem is. I also think its obnoxiously assumptious for people to assume said problem.

I'm not really energetic/bubbly, often quiet - but not shy - and so I run into people who just assume that I'm feeling sad or angry all the time which is irritating. So yeah, I feel ya Quix, people, especially couples, should just be outright and direct when communicating their problems.

But men should notice at least some abnormalities :p

Malicious Lullaby said:
What?? Us women are thick curvy and voluptuous! Dunno what you were thinking there quix! Maybe you ought to wash your brain with some soap!

Well, now that you've put that curvy and voluptuous thought in my head, I might just have to wash my brain with some soap. Your fault, Mali, always your fault, xD

Forbidden Fruit said:
I think I have mixed feelings about this. I expect those close to me to tell if I'm feeling down, but I won't be mad at them if they don't, nor will I expect them to infer why I'm not feeling down or what the problem is. I also think its obnoxiously assumptious for people to assume said problem.

I'm not really energetic/bubbly, often quiet - but not shy - and so I run into people who just assume that I'm feeling sad or angry all the time which is irritating. So yeah, I feel ya Quix, people, especially couples, should just be outright and direct when communicating their problems.

But men should notice at least some abnormalities :p

I get you there Fruit, and I can be the same, as my sarcasm can sometimes (often!) be taken as me being annoyed, or 'serious', when, in my head, it's pure fun, and lead to people who don't know me well, asking 'What's up with you?" I'm more referring to when there is obviously an issue that directly relates to me, displayed by a change in someone's demenaour, attitude, or tone, towards me specifically, but where the reasons behind it aren't given.

In the end, being one to face up to something and want to resolve problems immediately, what I really don't like is avoidance. As if not talking about something will make it disappear, which generally, after a certain length of time, leads to me shrugging my shoulders and walking away, sometimes for good, saying, "'Well fuck you then, I tried." xD Take note, this is not gender-biased, nor are any of my comments; my hatred of it applies equally to all, and people of any gender are equally capable of the same thing. Just wanted to make that clear :)

No abnormalities at all, though I have worked out the initial issue likely boils down to one of seven possibilities:

things-men-do-that-upset-women-1-lie-2-be-4190842.png

Ah, finally get five minutes to myself to vent!

What a frigging nightmarish, brain-exhausting of a week so far, and it's only Wednesday. Took over the job from the other other guy on Monday, and it made me realise, despite my scattered, random thought process, just how organised, if not externally, at least within my own head, I actually am.

Not that worried about the on-going workload, but more just the billion things that he's left unfinished, because he 'didn't have time to get around to them.' How the fuck he never found time to complete (and sometimes even start) anything, I'll never know!

Not helped, when I'm asked by someone else if I have the contracts for some equipment we're leasing, and I say, "No, I've no idea where they're located, but I'll shoot the account manager an email, and get copies for you."

So, I do, and forward them on, only for him to come into my office, and say, "I think these are duplicates."

Half an hour later, after saying that I hadn't even looked at them, just forwarded them on, then going through each one by one, telling him that the serial numbers on the document titles are all different, and wondering why he thinks they're duplicates, he comes out with. "They're different lease start and end dates, but the same product number."

I tried, but don't think I managed to quite hide my exasperation, or keep the swear word fully under my breath, before I looked at him, and said, "Ever considered we might be leasing two of the same thing?"

His response, "Oh, it's all clear now."

Not the first time something similar has occurred with him; one of the most highly educated guys in the workplace. Just goes to prove that possessing a Master's degree doesn't necessarily lead to having a capacity for lateral thinking. Or common sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a positive note, have started my latest story with Xana, which should be fun, and potentially provocative to some. Not that I enjoy that, or anything.

It also looks like I have another soon to start, that, in many ways will be similar to the one with Xana - a psychologist and client, except with male/female roles reversed -, so it'll be interesting to track them alongside each other.

It's also to include a deliberate vagueness to my character, and the way in which I write him, intended to leave the Psychologist and (imaginary) reader in doubt as to if he's who or what they may think he is. I'll be curious to see if I can pull that off, and make it work, or how difficult it is, when it comes to writing it. It may be a complete failure :)

Don't have any particular comment to make on the below article, I just found it interesting, and counter-intuitive in regards to common perceptions of men and women, and gender stereotypes, so thought I'd share. Coincidental timing, seeing it today, as it's, in some ways, relevant to a story I've just started, lowering some of the potential 'non-believability' factor.

Female Sex Predators: Why there are more of them than you think.[/color]]

Original article can be found here

CHANTAE Gilman broke into a man’s apartment and sexually assaulted him while he slept.

Her victim told police he woke up on his lounge to find Gilman on top of him, his hands pinned behind his head. When he told her to stop, she refused and told him to be quiet.

The man managed to escape and it took more than a year for DNA evidence to link Gilman to the crime.

The incident from June 2013 saw Gilman admit to the crime as part of a plea deal with prosecutors who reduced the charges from rape to attempted rape and assault.

The 28-year-old was last year ordered to serve nine months in jail for the crime, Fox4KC reported.

In June this year, a former teacher’s aide was found guilty by a New York jury of raping a male student.

Jennifer Kennard, 49, was convicted of third-degree rape and endangering the welfare of a child.

Kennard was working at a teacher’s aide at a middle school, when she met a 13-year-old boy with special needs, the Democrat & Chronicle reported.

She had sex with the boy in February 2013 and was arrested the following month.

Kennard was sentenced to three years in state prison for six counts of second-degree rape.

Female sex offenders like these may seem rare, but according to new research they are more common than previously thought.

A recent survey in the US found that a similar amount of women reported being raped in a 12-month period as the amount of men who were “made to penetrate” a female offender.

A new paper titled Sexual Victimisation Perpetrated by Women: Federal Data Reveal Surprising Prevalence, contradicts the idea that female sexual perpetration is rare.

Written by Lara Stemple, director of the UCLA Law School’s Health and Human Rights Law Project, and Williams Institute researchers Andrew Flores and Ilan Meyer the findings were recently published in Aggression and Violent Behaviour.

Using a series of data and information from US federal agencies the study is the first to assess the role of women as perpetrators of sexual abuse on such a wide scale.

“There has been a lot of smaller scale studies on this topic, especially in the past decade,” Ms Stemple told news.com.au

However her study was done on a much larger scale, with researchers collating additional data and surveys collected from tens of thousands of people.

Researchers analysed data from four large-scale federal agency surveys conducted independently by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and the Bureau of Justice Statistics over a five-year period.

They then used this data to analyse female sexual predator behaviour, looking at both male and female victims.

“These surveys have reached many tens of thousands of people, and each has shown internally consistent results over time,” the authors write.

“We therefore believe that this article provides more definitive estimates about the prevalence of female sexual perpetration than has been provided in the literature to date.

“Taken as a whole, the reports we examine document surprisingly significant prevalence of female-perpetrated sexual victimisation, mostly against men and occasionally against women.”

Researchers also found while females were far more likely to have been abused by men, the majority of male victims reported they were abused by female perpetrators.

“The form of nonconsensual sex that men are much more likely to experience than women, namely, being ‘made to penetrate’ someone else, is frequently perpetrated by women with 79.2 per cent of victimised men reporting abuse at the hands of female perpetrators,” Ms Stemple’s report reveals.

Alarmingly, data collected by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, found that women and men reported a nearly equal rates of nonconsensual sex in a 12-month period.

The CDC found 1.6 per cent of women in the US reported being raped in the past 12 months (1.9 million), which is a similar rate to the 1.7 per cent of men (1.9 million) who reportedly were “made to penetrate a perpetrator”.

This is a shocking figure but there is major difference when you look at rape numbers over the course of a lifetime.

In 2011, 19.3 per cent of women reported having been raped in their lifetime.

Using the National Crime Victimisation Survey, conducted by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, researchers also found female perpetrators acting without male co-perpetrators were reported in 28 per cent of rape or sexual assault incidents involving male victims, and 4.1 per cent of incidents with female victims.

Researchers also looked at sexual victimisation cases in prisons as well.

Using Bureau of Justice Statistics figures researchers found a high level of “sexual victimisation committed by female prison staff and inmates with the report noting that women are ‘much more likely to be abused’ by other women inmates rather than by male staff”.

Interestingly, it also found when it came to inmate-on-inmate sexual assault, women prisoners were more than three times as likely to experience sexual victimisation perpetrated by women inmates (13.7 per cent) compared to men victimised by other male inmates (4.2 per cent).

Overall researchers also found men were more reluctant to report abuse by a woman.

“The idea that women can be sexually manipulative, dominant, and even violent runs counter to these stereotypes. Yet studies have documented female-perpetrated acts that span a wide spectrum of sexual abuse,” they write.

It is something Ms Stemple feels is one of the reasons it remains widely under-reported.

“There’s still this perception globally that women aren’t perpetrators of sexual victimisation,” she said.

“There’s also this perception that male victims haven’t been harmed, or they welcome it, which is far from true.

“Men report similar or roughly the same mental health outcomes as female victims.”

Ms Stemple also said society struggled to deal with the notion that men could be abused by women and that it was harder for men to be believed or to be taken seriously when they did report it.

Ms Stemple also said it was true that many didn’t report it because they don’t think they’ll be believed.

In many cases men were coerced or manipulated and felt they couldn’t report such abuse.

“Looking at all the data, I was shocked,” she said, adding abuse perpetrated by women was a huge concern.

“These are all anonymous surveys, there is no reason for someone not to tell the truth.”

Ms Stemple said society had to move away from wanting proof to believing sexual assault victims.

“Just as the anti-rape movement insisted that women shouldn’t have to show cuts and bruises to demonstrate that they were raped, neither should men,” she said.

Good news today, work on the road at my brothers commenced today, meaning that it'll be finished in time for him to take his first canine residents next Wednesday, with him already fully booked over Christmas. As much as he's sometimes a pain in the ass (and, he'd say the same about me!), I'll be the first to admit the work he's done, a lot of the labour himself, is pretty damn amazing.

The kennels are state-of-the-art, with the design based on the latest psychology on dog welfare and emotional wellbeing, and more what you'd expect from a five-star hotel, than animal accommodation. I'll be out there on the weekend for an open day he's throwing, and to help him set up his accounting software, and a few other things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just couldn't help myself, could I? With my darker-themed stories having slowed on here, I posted for a serial-killer scene on E, and surprisingly got quite a bit of interest, so might be portraying yet another depraved mass-murderer!

And that's not to mention the one I'm starting to plan with a current partner, whose name I won't reveal in case I spell it wrong, and she yells at me, to take up after we finish our current story, although from what we've discussed so far, it'll be completely different from the others. As well as a second, with another partner, after we finish that story, the two of which I'm presuming will be at different times, and contains a few of the same elements!

What's wrong with me, why do I find serial-killers so much fun to write, and get withdrawals if I don't have at least one such scene active? I blame my parents for being too open-minded and not censoring my reading, film and television viewing material when I was a child! To be honest, I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that it allows me to write dominant male characters, without them needing to fall under any type of one-dimensional 'Dom' label, and having to deal with the submissive female side of the equation that generally goes hand-in-hand with that.

Ah, what a week. Think I'm going to strangle someone here shortly; why I should be explaining to someone else how to do their job, I have no idea, particularly when he holds a Bachelor's degree and, is in some way, supposed to actually know what he's doing! The guy I work with, who also happens to be the Dad of the guy who owns the business, has nicknamed him Creeping Jesus!

Creeping Jesus

"Originally used in Ireland to describe a Catholic making a public display of religiosity simply for show. Nowadays it refers to those who put on a big act to impress people, hypocritically. They creep around pumping hands and grinning like goons, oozing compliments and uttering clichés, all the while dying for a chance to stab you in the back. If you work with one you'll see people getting fired in their wake, and don't be surprised if you're next."

At least I think I have Christmas sorted out now, and will be having three of them! As my brother's won't spend the day with each other, the first will be with Mum and my eldest sibling, on the 22nd, which is also his birthday. The second, will be at my other brothers, again with Mum, as she's coming up to stay with him for a week, on Boxing Day, because that's when he has his boys.

On actual Christmas Day, I'll likely head off to my best mates Mums, and have Christmas with his family, who are like a second family to me. Although I probably shouldn't say it, that will be the most enjoyable of them all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Christmas, with it being twelve days away, and to offset some of the religious paraphernalia I see every time I walk into a mall, or drive down the street, I present a little ditty I discovered online, which I found quite amusing:

The Twelve Days of an Atheist Christmas[/color]]

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me
Dawkins’ Christmas Tree.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
2 Trilobite fossils,
and Dawkins’ Christmas Tree.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 3 French Noble Laureates,
2 Trilobite fossils,

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 4 Galapagos finches,
3 French Noble Laureates,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
5 postcards of Dan Dennett dressed like Santa Claus!
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 6 fossilized dinosaur eggs,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 7 poisonous water snakes swimming,
6 fossilized dinosaur eggs,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,
and Dawkins’ Christmas tree.

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 8 physicists arguing (about the origin of the universe),
7 poisonous water snakes swimming,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,
a Dawkins’ Christmas Tree.

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 9 agnostics wondering,
8 physicists arguing,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 10 biologist dissecting,
9 agnostics wondering,
8 physicists arguing,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 11 atheists doubting,
10 biologist dissecting,
9 agnostics wondering,
8 physicists arguing,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 12 happy humanists!
11 atheists doubting,
10 biologist dissecting,
9 agnostics wondering,
8 physicists arguing,
4 Galapagos finches,
2 trilobite fossils,
………………….and Dawkins’ Christmas Tree!

Mr Quixotic said:
I just couldn't help myself, could I? With my darker-themed stories having slowed on here, I posted for a serial-killer scene on E, and surprisingly got quite a bit of interest, so might be portraying yet another depraved mass-murderer!

And that's not to mention the one I'm starting to plan with a current partner, whose name I won't reveal in case I spell it wrong, and she yells at me, to take up after we finish our current story, although from what we've discussed so far, it'll be completely different from the others. As well as a second, with another partner, after we finish that story, the two of which I'm presuming will be at different times, and contains a few of the same elements!

What's wrong with me, why do I find serial-killers so much fun to write, and get withdrawals if I don't have at least one such scene active? I blame my parents for being too open-minded and not censoring my reading, film and television viewing material when I was a child! To be honest, I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that it allows me to write dominant male characters, without them needing to fall under any type of one-dimensional 'Dom' label, and having to deal with the submissive female side of the equation that generally goes hand-in-hand with that.

Get ready love, we have that kind of an idea in the ropes! And don't lie, you know you're excited for it just as I am really excited to play a certifiably insane and eccentric character :D Finally, a place where it will be appropriate!

Malicious Lullaby said:
And don't lie, you know you're excited for it just as I am really excited to play a certifiably insane and eccentric character :D

Well, they do say it's easier to write what you know, love :)

Does that mean I can finally get to play a clown? xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------

With tomorrow being 'Carols in the Domain' day, Australia's largest free Christmas Concert, which I won't be attending, here's a little Christmas Carol for the rest of us.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPjmywQjOw8[/video]

I just can't help myself this time of year, as the lead up to Christmas only ever serves to remind me of how ridiculously illogical I find the entire god concept. I need to offset what that does to my brain, with some parody and like-minded people. Fortunately, the latter does consist of my entire immediate family.

Also came across this yesterday, and thought the singer did a great job with adapting her lyrics to fit the original instrumental track.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ND8XLDHPAk[/video]

Malicious Lullaby said:
You can play a clown. Just not with me lol. XP

I thought you liked it when I played the clown!

But, fine, I've a better idea anyway. How about a psychopathic, serial-killing, Santa-suited stalker;

SANTA_CLAUS.jpg

who first taunts his intended adult victims from afar with well-known song lyrics:

"He sees you when you're sleeping
And he knows when you're awake"

"You better not pout
You better not cry"

"He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake"

Eventually breaking into their houses in the dead of night to murder them, before burying the black-plastic wrapped, dismembered bodies under a tree whilst eating their cookies and drinking their beer!

Malicious Lullaby said:
And thus Christmas has forever been ruined for me because Krampus is coming instead of Santa >.<

Damn that Krampus; he's an evil bastard!

Am quite proud of myself, I actually managed to get all of my Christmas Shopping done on Sunday, probably the earliest I've ever completed it. Well, except for my nephews, as I'm still waiting on my brother to give me an idea of what they want/need. As I won't be seeing them until Boxing Day, I'll buy their presents Christmas Eve. Possibly Christmas Day if the shops are open!

Cannot wait until Friday; we close down for two weeks, and am not due back to work until the 9th January. Will head to the coast, to my best mates, around New Years after he and his wife, who are coming up here for Christmas day, return, as is tradition. There's usually a bunch of us do the same, some of whom I only catch up with once a year, and it's always an awesome time. Eating and drinking way too much, and being merry around their pool and spa; they make great hosts
:)

Oh, no need; they come supplied! As does like five pounds of bacon and four dozen eggs to help soothe the New Years day morning hangover :)

Malicious Lullaby said:
Lol xD I can imagine it now. You in your speedo, hung over and passed out on a lounge chair, until the smell of freshly cooked bacon and eggs is teased to your senses and you suddenly come awake :D

That's pretty much it, except for the speedo's as most normal people don't wear budgie-smugglers here, and I'm likely to be awoken with a beer being handed to me. For four days straight, or however many I'm there; the only difference being that on the other days, it'll be us guests popping down to the shops, and buying about ten times as much food as we can all eat! It's really the only time of year I drink more than a beer or two.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Lol but you said you were going to pack your banana hammock. Here that means a speedo :D

Ah, it does here, too. It went over my head when I read it, though, and I just saw 'hammock'

Damn it, everyone, just received some really bad news!

cruisifictioncopy.jpg

I'm sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, just clearing out my head to figure out where I am with my stories. Unfortunately had to move three from Hiatus, to Inactive. Two will remain forever open, as my partners have communicated to me that they do want to continue if/when real life allows them time to write again, whilst one long-term story I think is now completely dead in the water. Also, started a story about a month ago, but having heard nothing since I posted the opener, am presuming it abandoned.

Therefore, have three active, and Internet Killers; which belongs in a classification of its own, in that posting rates are extremely sporadic and unpredictable; a fact that it's likely the way it'll always be, I've now accustomed myself to. It'll live on for eternity. Then, after that, we have the sequel to start on!

Have one in planning, on here, that will hopefully work out, and the kind of good news is that interest on E has picked up, and I have three in planning on there. I say, kind of good news, as that means if they pan out, I'll have almost as many active stories on there, as I do here, which is not something I particularly wanted, as BMR is my 'home.' However, you have to take those capable of portraying the type of independent-minded female characters I find interesting to write opposite of wherever you can find them, due to their rarity.

Talking about partners, and those who portray memorable, interesting characters, a special shout-out to Silv, and the upcoming, two-year anniversary of our current story. My third ever collaborator on BMR, it's our second story together, and as a few will know, we even managed to incorporate the leads from that first, into the second. Thanks, Silv, for being such a fun, easygoing, reliable and awesome collaborator, not to mention, a great writer; you're a pleasure to work with, xD

If you were a centurion and gambled while Santa was on the cross and won, would you wear his hat with your armor and rock it out?

AnnaBeth Belle said:
If you were a centurion and gambled while Santa was on the cross and won, would you wear his hat with your armor and rock it out?

That question went over my head.

Sorry. Santa. Cross. Crucifixion. Centurions gambling for Jesus' clothes.

I'll show myself the door.

AnnaBeth Belle said:
Sorry. Santa. Cross. Crucifixion. Centurions gambling for Jesus' clothes.

I'll show myself the door.

Ah, sorry, I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Nah, the Santa hat would be a little warm for the Arabian desert, and not much good for sun protection!

Back
Top Bottom