Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Other Stuff (Comments Welcome)

Ah, you're adorable, Mali. Only if you promise to wait at least two hours to respond to any of my story posts.

Yes, it's called extortion.

So then the role play partner who got a response out within the hour of your two day long composed post was me?
I will wait the two hour if you give me the link and answer this question.

Choose wisely my dear Quixotic. Your fate may hang in the balance of your chosen answer.

Malicious Lullaby said:
So then the role play partner who got a response out within the hour of your two day long composed post was me?
I will wait the two hour if you give me the link and answer this question.

Choose wisely my dear Quixotic. Your fate may hang in the balance of your chosen answer.

Possibly my statement was a touch hyperbolic (of course, not the adorable part), but yes, I'm still amazed at how you can write responses so damn quickly.

As for the link, that will be provided at my leisure. XD

It was so not within the hour! I checked the time stamp! You posted that on the 31st at 10 something PM my time! I posted the 1st of February at 3 something AM my time! That is more than an hour!
Oh...so that's what hyperbolic means. Right...

Oh, so you think I'm talking about just that one time?
And yes, that's what it means, I do enjoy a little hyperbole now and then.

Check your inbox, and no, I think you're the one who needs reminding :)

Hehe, okay I may be guilty of other times. You can keep writing in your journal about my evil grin while I hover over the reply and then submit button any time ^^ -bows- You're welcome!
Yeah I had to look that up. But I figured I'd leave my little detective stalking for good humor.

I did check my inbox. Maybe you should check your inbox.
And thank you for the response <3 I literally through my arms up in the air and exclaimed in a horrendously manly voice, 'YES!!!!' xP

May be? It's a definite.

And glad I could teach you something. Not for the first time, xP

Now shush up, stop that manly voice, and go read the present I left you on our thread.

Guilty as charged. Whatever will you do to me now...xP

Are you goading? Is that goading I sense in the tone of your message? It will not be appreciated. I must remind you that I am always right and you only wish to always be right. xP

I read it! I'm already working on my post :D Muahaha, I reneg on our agreement!

Your question is a conundrum (I love that word). How can I threaten to punish someone for disobedience when that's the very thing she enjoys? Keep that up, and you won't be punished?

Me? Goad? Never! And, please keep reminding me, however just remember that it doesn't change the facts, XD

Malicious Lullaby said:
I read it! I'm already working on my post :D Muahaha, I reneg on our agreement!

Glad to see you've actually admitted, in writing, that we did have an agreement! XD

Okay, I just need to get this out of my head, and it might be a little jumbled because I'm not sure what I'm actually trying to say, XD.

I've been humbled, in a good way, by a few comments that I've received lately, both from people I've never spoken to previously, and current story partners, in regards to my writing. The first time I ever wrote anything, apart from smutty IM roleplays, was barely twelve months ago. I still consider my writing to be only adequate, and at a novice level; mostly due to how long, and how much mental energy it takes for me to compose a post, and my inherently perfectionist (when I'm interested in something) nature. I hesitate, and double-guess myself, before hitting the post reply button on any of my stories.

I've no idea how it reads to the person on the other end, but when I go back, I always note what I could have done better, or where it seems stilted. I've a competitive nature, a hatred of losing - at anything - , and if I decide to put my mind to something I want to be as good at it as I can possibly be. Everything can always be be improved. That's not to say I don't find the writing relaxing and enjoyable at the same time, because I do, however the comments I've received have made me re-think my own abilities, and changed my perspective a little in regards to the apparent notice some people take of what I have to say.

My threads, for example. One of the comments yesterday was that me not being interested in collaborating on a story (for reasons I gave), and her re-reading a thread of mine, had made the person who messaged me a better writer. It astounded me that people actually care about the opinion of an anonymous person over the internet, and provided food for thought. My thread is intended to be sarcastic, hyperbolic, and humourous, and yes maybe a little intimidating, but not in the manner she went on to mention. Possibly my writing, and what I express, has more impact than I imagined, and still find hard to believe, and I need to take into account that not everyone allows other people's opinions to wash off as easily as water off a duck's back as do I. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to be intimidated by. I still read my partners responses, and am amazed at how talented and skilled they are.

And, yes Mali, you do have to admit I'm right again. No need to worry, I'm used to it, XD

A quiet Friday afternoon at work, its finally settled down after a busy week.

I'm not quite sure where a couple of stories are at, at the moment. One of my PM roleplays, I had a message from my partner saying that she'd written the first paragraph of a response, and I should have the post in an hour or two. That was three days ago, and she hasn't been seen online since, which is the longest I've known her to disappear for. I know she's in the middle of the exams, so hoping she isn't too stressed. As for Internet Killers, my partner for that messaged me on the weekend to say that she'd returned to take up it back up, if I was agreeable, after an unavoidable hiatus, but also haven't seen her online for a few days. I'd be gutted now if it didn't continue, but will leave it a week or so before I start to worry, XD

With that, loving my second story with Mali, and looking forward to seeing where it will lead. We don't really have a set direction. It's slightly different with Silva, as we've a little more planned, including the reintroduction of the characters from our first time writing together, Adam and Sophie, as the story becomes darker, which will be an enjoyable, and possibly shocking, departure. Of course, I can't forget Snow White, Goldilock's and Kat Ellis either, all brilliant fun, and great partners.

Anyways, as I usually do when I'm looking for time to pass quickly, I reflect on quotes which inspire me. Here again are some from the one man, who if I could go back in time, I'd wish to meet. Robert Green Ingersoll.

7b113be38faad0b2447883e0b56668a4.jpg

robert-green-ingersoll-quote-the-history-of-intellectual-progress-is-w.jpg

quote-we-need-men-with-moral-courage-to-speak-and-write-their-real-thoughts-and-to-stand-by-their-robert-green-ingersoll-91196.jpg

440565b5ec07ae89ef5118597c5ba056.jpg

tumblr_macls3U6TN1rfh9p5o1_500.jpg

Quotation-Robert-G-Ingersoll-freedom-skepticism-religion-liberty-politics-Meetville-Quotes-51004.jpg

Quotation-Robert-G-Ingersoll-thinking-liberty-man-Meetville-Quotes-139018.jpg

Oh, and to a certain mysterious person who I just know will read this. Yes, I remain intrigued!

Happy friday Quix! I don't usually check your journal but it's always nice to see a shout-out! I'm definitely looking forward to Adam and Sophie's return. ;]

Thanks Silv. I'm glad you enjoyed the shout-out, you should check-in more often. I'm happy we both found the time to write together again, and it should definitely be fun. I promise, that on our next story, I will try my hand at an historical scene, XD.

As I thought might be the case, one of my stories has unfortunately come to an end, due to that pesky real-life thing getting in the way. However, it's all good, real-life always takes precedence; we'll keep up the OoC banter, and continue the scene, or take up another, when time allows. I actually feel bad that she felt so bad about it!

On a positive note, I may have picked up a new roleplay with someone I never imagined I'd be writing with. The scene she sent me just seemed like too much fun to pass up, and we have way more in common than I would have thought. Just need to work up the details now.

Seems like you are a popular guy! As you should be, being such a talented writer and all. xD

Be still my heart! A historical on the horizon?? :D And a public declaration! Can't get much better then that, I am definitely glad we came together again for another scene.

Silvamoon said:
Seems like you are a popular guy! As you should be, being such a talented writer and all. xD

Be still my heart! A historical on the horizon?? :D And a public declaration! Can't get much better then that, I am definitely glad we came together again for another scene.

As are you a talented writer, and I give much credit for any improvement to you, and our original story.

Damn, I thought you were away. I meant to delete that before you had the chance to read it. I guess I'll just have to keep the promise now. It will keep you writing with me anyway, XD

However, now that you appear to be back, I can safely post to the thread, without worrying that having it waiting there will stress you on your return.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered a new term today; 'sapio-sexual', which apparently means (paraphrased from various sources):

"One who is sexually attracted to, or aroused by, intelligence/sapience/the workings of the mind, more-so than any other factor."

I'm not sure if it's psycho-babble, or really a fetish, as some claim, but it does strike somewhat of a chord.

Aww, now you're making me blush! That is one wonderful thing about writing in a partnership, you can constantly strive to improve!

Hehe, well it's too late now and the world (er, forum) knows that Quix has promised a historical scenario for the future. I of course love our current story but this has definitely hooked me for the long term. <3

In the future never hesitate to post whenever you finish a reply! You know with me there's nothing to worry about with an immediate response, slow and steady wins the race with both of us being crazy busy. xD I like to come back to messages, but thank you for thinking of me!

And that is quite an interesting definition you've stumbled upon!

Silvamoon said:
Aww, now you're making me blush! That is one wonderful thing about writing in a partnership, you can constantly strive to improve!

Hehe, well it's too late now and the world (er, forum) knows that Quix has promised a historical scenario for the future. I of course love our current story but this has definitely hooked me for the long term. <3

In the future never hesitate to post whenever you finish a reply! You know with me there's nothing to worry about with an immediate response, slow and steady wins the race with both of us being crazy busy. xD I like to come back to messages, but thank you for thinking of me!

And that is quite an interesting definition you've stumbled upon!

And I'd hate to make you blush. That's true, it's good taking on board how others write, and using it to improve your own. I do still recall expressing my appreciation of your extensive vocabulary!

Hah, my devious plan worked!

No worries, I won't hold off on hitting the post button next time. I know if it was me I'd feel compelled to respond quickly, as if it had already been sitting there for a week. However, that's just me, and I do sometimes work in mysterious ways, XD. My initial reaction to every single post I receive is, "I've no idea how I'm going to respond; what the hell have I gotten myself into?" It takes a day or so for ideas to coalesce in my head.

As for the definition, I did find it interesting. Most referred to only 'intelligence', but that's too broad for my liking, as I think there's many different forms.

It appears that my hopes for Internet Killers being taken up again have been dashed; at least for the time being. However, I'm leaving it open as both my partner and I are dead-keen to continue if real-life ever allows us to. Maybe one day.

It's funny how, if you bump your threads enough, you end up writing with people that you could never have imagined were compatible. A little give-and-take, and compromise, goes a long way. One thing I can't overstate is how important OoC banter is to me; I just mean non-intrusive casual chat and friendly exchanges - it's something I need to stay invested in a story, and without it I quickly lose interest. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because it feels more as if I'm writing in a 'partnership'. Lack of it is the major reason that I drop roleplays.

I hope everyone who enjoys Valentine's day has/had a good one. It was actually my nephews birthday, so I spent mine indoor rock-climbing with a bunch of eleven year old kids, playing back-yard cricket, and watching children's movies. Was quite fun! My other nephew's birthday is on April Fools Day, so the dates aren't easy to forget.

On another note, I've discovered that the Tax Office doesn't appreciate it when you don't submit your tax return for two years, and my x-box died this morning. Now, I just have to figure out which to do first, replace my x-box, or pay the fine?

Now for some quotes from a great satirist, and cynic:

quote-a-man-may-be-a-fool-and-not-know-it-but-not-if-he-is-married-h-l-mencken-252594.jpg

pe839.jpg

H.-L.-Mencken-Quotes-4.jpg

8008469126_c327309ec7_b.jpg

130223-hl-mencken.jpg

I know, I know, I'm as sad as you are. Real-life strikes again. However, the good thing is that I know my partner's as keen as I to continue, so I'm still hopeful that we'll get the opportunity at some stage.

I just hope you're enjoying our story, as much as you appear to enjoy that one! XD

Back
Top Bottom