Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Aurelia said:
I've had the (dis)pleasure of trying vegemite, and I must say, bread, cracker, what have you. I had the same reaction as that video. XD
That and the guy that says, 'like everything fun in Australia we get it banned.' XD

But to keep the beauty of these videos. This one is also beautiful to watch.

There's something wrong with your tastebuds, XD

I'm not sure exactly what it is which is so amusing about those videos, but they do make me laugh.

Malicious Lullaby said:
As opposed to them separating them with their hands? Teehee. That one got me.

I guess they're just catering for those who don't have hands! Such as Tinkerbell's friend, Captain Hook :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone else have those days where you know exactly what you want to say in a post, and have the ideas perfectly formed in your head, but no matter how hard you try, when you go to write/edit them, the bloody words won't form correctly, and you can't get the 'flow' right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. Unbelievably, my last bump was actually successful, and I found one of those rare people who, like my current partners, seems to intuitively understand what I'm looking for, and the female characters I prefer to write opposite, so it appears as if I'll be taking on another story.

With another in planning - A Dom/Sub theme, would you believe? The concept put to me sounded so fun that I couldn't resist -, I think I've just about every possible base covered as far as character dynamics go, and in the end, that's what I'm here for. Variety.

I justified it by the fact that, on her initial approach, she stated that she was looking for something, 'slow-paced' as far as response rates go, (we're talking posts per month, rather than posts per week!) and that suits me perfectly.

On the above note, am I the only one who asks partners to not respond quickly?

I often joke that 'I learn my osmosis', and whilst not strictly true, it does have some validity. After reading a reply, I need to step away to absorb it and allow possible replies to form in my head without conscious thought. As it takes me a while to compose my own posts, I also need a couple of days break between receiving replies.

I know some prefer rapid/daily replies, and a quick back and forth, but that's not for me. I become so focused when writing that not receiving a break would leave my mind too consumed with the thoughts of responding to allow time to just sit back, relax, contemplate and enjoy the story, not because I'm contributing to it, but simply for the story itself.

Now, that probably doesn't make much sense to anyone, but it clarify things in my own strange, little world :)

I love you for always for the Tinker Bell reference <3 And yes!
When I think I have those days when I can't get the words out of my head, apparently it doesn't come across that way in my posts. -shrugs- Go figure!

As far as not wanting your partners to respond so quickly, it might be true but at the same time it's not a bad thing. Considering the length and the amount of paragraphs in each post you do compose, it's totally understandable why you wouldn't want to dole it back and forth unless some serious inspiring muse consumes you. I know I don't no matter how badly I want the story to move forward because having to figure out how to make your character respond, especially in critical moments or awe-shocking moments, the dialogue, responding to what your partner's post covered if it is applicable and then having to do it over again because some partner likes to respond within fifty-one minutes (Teeehee xD) just gets mentally exhausting! But if they're role plays that don't require more than a simple paragraph in response and an itty-bitty one at that, then yes, I would expect constant responses because those are the ones that keep me busy and keep my creative juices flowing so I can put attention eventually to the bigger posts.

How did I know you'd enjoy that Tinkerbell reference? XD

Thanks for that. As awed as I am by people who can respond in fifty-one minutes (no names mentioned, XD), or even a couple of hours, I don't want to become too consumed by, or busy, needing to write a reply that I can't actually sit back and just enjoy reading/thinking about the story.

Because of something called the sparkle and because I rave on about her enough xD

Oh yes, I forgot that point as well. After all, the whole point of a role play is to just enjoy it. Yes yes yes. ^^

As you know I am a fan of slower-paced scenes, although depending on what's happening I do sometimes get a response out quicker! ;]

I used to be able to do multiple replies in a day, but as my writing style has evolved even the thought of that has me cringing haha. When you put so much time and effort into a post it's mentally exhausting sometimes to think about turning around and doing the same thing again!

I also like to reflect on the scene between writing as well, because inspiration comes from a lot of different places! Music has a big influence on my muse. I've been at the gym or in the car and a certain song I hear makes me scramble to jot down an idea for a scene. xD That's what is so fun about roleplaying I think, and being able to collaborate with similarly talented people is a treat. :)

Multiple daily posts would drive my head into a spin; though sometimes I can pop out a quick reply.

The no-stress, no-hassle for responses is one of the reasons I enjoy writing with you, along with your great posts, and characters - which is the case with each of my partners.

That collaboration with someone who's on a similar wavelength, and whose style matches, is where a lot of my fun comes from as well; and it's a large part of why gelling with someone OoC is so important to me.

As for inspiration, mine just seems to come out of nowhere - my first reaction to every single post I receive is "damn, I've no friggin idea how I'm going to reply to that", then I'll be working away on something else, or just watching tv, etc, and a random response/direction will pop into my head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Came across this today, and it brought back memories of a conversation from a week or so ago:

Pimps-570x454.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this, because it strikes a chord, and reminded me of something a partner said yesterday in regards to my request thread, and her hesitation in initially approaching me for a story.

1659.jpg

Malicious Lullaby said:
I love that Socrates quote. I just queued it to my tumblr. It should be published later this week or next week.

That quote of Socrates inspired this poem a long time ago (and my ex ... of course),

A girl, she fights her way through life,
and needs to be quite strong.
So she erects a wall to block the strife.
But then she takes a man, becomes a wife.

And now with him she does belong,
but though it surely is correct
that walling off her man is wrong,
the bricks she did erect
are very strong.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oooh Jolie...who wrote that? You?

Yes. I wrote a lot of poetry some years back. It turns out being unhappy inspires me. As soon as I got happy again, my poetical bent kind of dried up.

Malicious Lullaby said:
I love that Socrates quote. I just queued it to my tumblr. It should be published later this week or next week.

I'm glad you liked it, and I think it can be interpreted in a number of ways. Tell tumblr to hurry up!

Jolie said:
That quote of Socrates inspired this poem a long time ago (and my ex ... of course),

A girl, she fights her way through life,
and needs to be quite strong.
So she erects a wall to block the strife.
But then she takes a man, becomes a wife.

And now with him she does belong,
but though it surely is correct
that walling off her man is wrong,
the bricks she did erect
are very strong.

Loved the poem too, Jolie, or at least the interpretation I took from it. Without being flippant, I think a lot of the best poetry is inspired by sadness or emotion. Though it is the only English subject I ever failed in High School, so my expertise is rather limited!

I mean as saddening as it is, it’s still beautifully written. Sometimes our greatest must can be so painful and when you become happy, it just means you no longer need that kind of an outlet anymore. So in that sense, take it as a good thing. But if you liked writing poetry, I can understand missing that muse at the same time.

Quix: Pfft, I will not. My queue posts five posts a day so activity is always up on my blog and I don’t need to go back to it everyday to keep it up xD I could just publish it now if I wanted to but I think I’ll make you wait xD

On inspiration; it suddenly dawned on me yesterday that I've unconsciously been basing my one of characters (somewhat) on that of Travis Bickle, portrayed by Robert De Niro in the movie, 'Taxi Driver'.

I've always had an affinity for dark fiction, psychological suspense, and emotionally damaged characters, and I don't quite feel complete unless I have the opportunity to play one! Not quite sure why, but I blame my parents for allowing me to watch The Exorcist, and Alien, when I was eleven; which was around the time I also started to read my Dad's adult crime-fiction novels. (I won't mention my Mother's Sidney Sheldon!).

For anyone who hasn't seen Taxi-Driver, which is an older movie, but that's something I also prefer, I definitely recommend it. A character study in madness.

Excerpts from James Bernadelli's IMDB review

Taxi Driver features Robert De Niro in top form. As good as the actor has been elsewhere, these two pictures mark the apex of his superlative career. From his first scene in Taxi Driver, De Niro is Travis Bickle, a 26-year old ex-Marine searching for work that will keep him up all night as a means of combating insomnia. At the outset, Travis is a lonely, disillusioned man who can still function within the "normal" constraints of society.

As time passes, however, Travis becomes increasingly alienated from the world around him, spiraling into a state of dissociated delusion. He sees New York City as a place of urban decay populated by "animals" and "scum" that need to be swept away. And who better than him to initiate the process? De Niro's performance is so perfectly-tuned that we in the audience don't have a moment's doubt or disbelief about what's taking place in Travis' troubled mind. Travis is tired of sitting back and taking what life dishes out. He wants to act, even if the action has no basis in logic, because, by this time, he is beyond rational considerations.

'Scaremonger' post (Dark content)

Kyle Evans didn't believe in God, a higher power, coincidence, or fate. The stars didn't align, it wasn't 'meant to be', and there was no purpose in life, except that which you determined for yourself. The fact he was there that evening at that very location, at that very time, was nothing but pure chance. It didn't happen for a reason; it just was.

He'd parked his vehicle a good distance away, on a main road and pointed towards Eden, and arrived in Rome just as dusk had fallen. With the majority of office workers having departed for the day, and the night owls yet to arrive to fill the clubs, the City was virtually deserted. Enough for Kyle, with the pockets of his black overcoat containing the tools of his trade; or at least the trade he intended to ply that evening; to remain unnoticed as he strode towards the centre. A few people passed, but none attempted to make eye-contact as he breathed in the cool night air and kept to the laneway's; not concerned in the slightest about muggers or transients. His gaze remained straight ahead, but Kyle's eyes were unfocused; the man's mind in another world.

One which was fair and where wives and girlfriends didn't cheat, where high-school sweethearts didn't leave, and fall pregnant to another man; where service to your country didn't result in sterility, and the inability to ever Father a child of your own; where you didn't give the best years of your life to the Government, then get kicked to the kerb without a pension, unable to even afford the medication you were told you so desperately needed. A world where commitment meant something, and for that which you gave, you received in return; where anyone who broke those rules paid the price. That was Evans purpose, and tonight, another immoral, cheating bitch was going to die. Amy.

Whilst his victim's pain would eventually cease, that of her friends and relatives would live on. Collateral damage his superiors had called it; a necessary evil. And on that, Evan's agreed. If there were enough, people might finally sit up and take notice before the ethical decay of society sent the entire fucking world to hell in a hand-basket.

"You ain't going no-where until I get what I fucking paid for."

The harsh words snapped Evans from his reverie, and his head shot around to locate their source. Blue eyes fell on the entrance to an alleyway as he heard scuffling, and the higher pitch of a woman's voice. Most likely some whore who'd attempted rip the man off, and his first instinct was to walk on, and leave whatever was to happen, to happen. It was none of his business. However, something caused his feet to remain rooted to the spot, with eyes locked on the alleyway, as her words became louder and more frantic. Something familiar. A moment later Kyle Evan's, without even been aware he'd done so, had moved.

When he entered the dark lane, it was if he'd stepped into one of the vivid hallucinations which had plagued him in the Veteran's hospital on return from Afghanistan. The image of the madwoman screaming as she knelt over her victim and plunged the bloody knife into his chest over and over, causing blood, which appeared black under the soft glow of street lamps, to spray from a gaping wound and coat her face and clothing, was one from a horror movie. Kyle couldn't move, couldn't breathe.

His eyes closed, and he willed himself back to reality. Was he losing it for good this time? Was he truly crazy, as the Army Doctor's had claimed.

Deep breaths, and the shaking, trembling shadowy figure at the end of laneway re-opened his eyes. She was still there. Struggling to lift the limp, dead body into the open dumpster. It was real. It was Azairah. Kyle shook his head and opened his mouth to call out. Then it clamped shut as he recalled his mantra. Get close to no-one, allow no-one to get close to you, and you can't be hurt. So he watched in silence, then slid into the shadows as the blood-soaked killer passed by, so close that he could have reached out and touched.

As difficult as it was to comprehend that the woman he'd just seen murder a larger and stronger male and throw him in with the trash, then had the presence of mind to collect the knife and, seemingly with calm, make her way out of the alley, was the same raped and beaten victim who'd caused tears to stream down his cheeks as she'd been bullied, mocked and disrespected in the police interview room, Kyle was a man used to dealing with situations as they arose, and taking charge.

He hadn't been able to muster up the courage to speak, and assure her she wasn't alone, or to slip his arms around the damaged Azairah - who reminded Kyle so much of himself - and whisper that everything would be okay, but at least he could destroy all evidence of her crime. That she'd ended the life of a man was of no consequence; it was obvious the asshole had intended to rape her, and male or female, it didn't matter; the less scum left on the planet and allowed to breed, the better.

Evans checked the roads; still deserted; then stepped down the empty alley. As boots clicked on the pavement, he dipped a hand into his pocket, and removed a container of lighter fluid. Kyle remained calm and was careful to avoid the pools of blood at his feet as he opened the canister, and first drizzled the flammable liquid on the wooden fences, then turned to the dumpster.

He rifled through boxes and bags until the cold, dead eyes, wide open with shock, of the man who'd once been Mark Dubois, stared directly into his. The corpse's jacket and shirt were torn from the knife, and a deep ragged hole; coagulated with dark blood, and the edges of which resembled raw, shredded meat; lay where his chest should be. "What did she ever do to you?" Kyle spoke softly as he poured the remainder of the fluid along the length of DuBois body, and over the cardboard boxes which surrounded it. Then he stepped back, withdrew a cigarette lighter from his trousers, and thumbed the wheel.

Kyle remained in the alleyway until he could smell charred human flesh, and hear sirens in the distance.

His own victim would need wait for another night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get close to no-one, allow no-one to get close to you, and you can't be hurt.

Kyle Evans, unable to get the scene, and Aizarah D'Amici, out of his thoughts, whispered those words to himself as he closed the door of his cottage, poured a whiskey, and glanced at the laptop which sat on a coffee table.

"No." His voice was strong, but heart resisted the mind, and he found himself sitting on the sofa, and drawing the computer closer. What harm would it do; reassuring her that taking the life of another human being wasn't always wrong?

Evans fingers tapped the keys of their own accord, and logged into his web-based email account. Somehow, someway, he must have known this was coming, or that he'd have reason to use it, for he entered the email address of the woman; gained from Police records; without conscious thought.

To: Azairah D'Amici

Subject: Don't be afraid

Don't be afraid, I was there Azairah, and I took care of the evidence. The authorities will struggle to identify the victim, let alone the perpetrator. You're safe.

Please, feel no remorse, or pity; the scum deserves neither.

You did the right thing.

Made the world a better place.

Yours in sympathy

A kindred spirit

Evans clicked send, then fell back in his seat, expelled the breath he'd been holding, and closed his eyes.

Had he done the right thing?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E[/video]

Speaking of Alien, as I did in my previous post, I thought I'd share this (I think) very interesting analysis, of the film, which argues that the underlying theme was one about men's anxieties in the face of sexual equality:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst I'm on analysis, I also performed one on my request threads to try and figure out why; even after my latest update; I continue to be messaged by females who want their virginal and/or sexually naive characters, (with no other independent purpose to be in the scene) forced, co-erced, raped, humiliated, degraded, gangbanged, dominated, and the like, because....well, for no particular reason really; simply because that's what all males wish to do to any female who crosses his path.

Now, I'm well aware this is truly how it works in real-life, as every man is a brainless Neanderthal who only thinks with his dick, in a world where personality, motivations, sexual attraction or cause and effect have no relevance; however I was hoping creative writing might be different.

Good news, however; I think I've finally identified the problem, and it's all to do with the use of certain phrases in my threads:

"I'm requesting one of your characters locate that capacity for independent thought so kindly gifted by evolution to us all.......(and) actually utilise it to do something all by herself"

"What I’d like, is to play against a female with the strength of character, intelligence, and confidence, to, for once, take ownership of her own life and sexuality;"

"rather than one too weak of mind and lacking the emotional or intellectual maturity to possess any desires, hopes, dreams or motivations of her own"

"I won't play the cliche, one-dimensional, "My character is a stereotypical Neanderthal male, only capable of thinking with his dick, therefore he wants to dominate and fuck your character for no other reason than she happens to be female, and breathing"

"Does it mean I expect a female to display some sexual initiative, imagination, and creativity of her own? Yes."

"Do I want a promiscuous slut? Again, not at all. That is, unless your definition of a promiscuous slut is any female with the temerity to have sexual desires and/or one who dares act to satisfy them."

"I continued to be bombarded with the same-old, cliche, 'please be my Master, and tell me what to do' and 'I'm female, what other reason do you need to want to have sex with me requests'"

"and are unable to express or assert themselves, sexually and otherwise, outside of the bedroom."

"I also refuse to play scenes where your character brings nothing of her own to the table, and expects mine to display interest for no other reason than she possesses a vagina."

" She needs to do something to 'earn' or 'deserve' my characters attentions."

I can see how they'd be easily misinterpreted, and I apologise to anyone for any confusion. In future, I'll attempt to make myself more clear.

First, if you know how the real world works, then why are you even questioning it good sir? XD

However, secondly, the fact that you pulled so vague lines from your thread shows that you might just be on the right track. No one can get a clear message from those, so just hit me up if you need help redoing the whole thread to something much simpler and easily understood.

Something along the lines of; If yo bitch just want the D, then she ain't for me.

I dunno, it's a work in progress. We can certainly go back and forth sometime to try and make it a tad more understandable. XD

tumblr_n343jdQClq1sec8p1o1_500.jpg

Aurelia said:
First, if you know how the real world works, then why are you even questioning it good sir? XD

However, secondly, the fact that you pulled so vague lines from your thread shows that you might just be on the right track. No one can get a clear message from those, so just hit me up if you need help redoing the whole thread to something much simpler and easily understood.

Something along the lines of; If yo bitch just want the D, then she ain't for me.

I dunno, it's a work in progress. We can certainly go back and forth sometime to try and make it a tad more understandable. XD

tumblr_n343jdQClq1sec8p1o1_500.jpg

Because I was raised to "Believe nothing, question everything" and this is fiction; why should people only stick to real-life when it suits? :)

(Them) "Oh, I'm a naive, passive virgin in real-life so that's all I write"

(Me) "In real-life, I generally need something more than just the fact someone is a naive, passive virgin, or has an F Cup, to be sexually interested. Personality?

(Them) "Oh, okay. Well, um, it doesn't have to be totally realistic."

However, thanks for the help in clarifying my thread; I'll add it on my next update!

fish+bike.jpg

All responses written and sent, so I'm totally clear for the moment, which is an unusual place to be. One of my partners may have caught me in 'editing mode' yesterday. I had a re-read of one of my thread posts when I arrived home last night, and decided to make a small change. Of course, slightly OCD me found himself still editing an hour later.

As I was doing that, she may have popped on and read the response as it was initially posted. It wasn't me Silv; it hasn't changed at all. Your mind was just foggy from being woken up by that damn lawnmower, XD.

That I might go back and continually re-edit my posts was one of the reasons I initially resisted writing on threads. If I ever see something I don't like in what I've written, I'll feel a pull to fix it, then find that the addition/removal of just one little word or phrase in a sentence can change the meaning/flow of what surrounds it, and soon enough, the entire response needs to be rewritten/reorganised.

However, I've so far managed to resist doing that with my thread stories, and consider them 'final' once I know my partner has read them. Except for fixing up minor spelling/grammatical errors here and there.

At least when I wrote solely on PM's, once it was sent and opened, there was nothing I could do to change it. That did mean, however, that on (many, many) occasions I'd use that handy little 'track PM' feature to recall and edit it, before it was read, XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure where my only current PM story is up to at the moment. Haven't had a response in over a month, but that's the way we roll on it. I'm likely to wake up one day, and find a random reply in my inbox, which is akin to unwrapping a present on Christmas morning when it happens. Except I always know when Christmas is actually coming! XD

Two stories still in the planning stages, and I think it's going to be a while before either of them start. Sometimes going back and forth with ideas and possible scenario's is just as much fun as the writing itself.

One thing I did find interesting is that when I mentioned to one of them that I was happy to play multiple male characters, she responded that I was the first person to ever offer to do so (she'd offered to play multiple females, and asked if I'd be interested in a harem, to which, of course, I replied no!!!).

Is it really that unusual? Every story I'm currently writing has me playing more than one male character; some with my partner playing multiple female characters, and some not. I'm not one to say, "If I do it, you must too"; it's just something I enjoy from my end, and actually look for the opportunity to do when developing a plot.

On that note, in my story with Mali, I'm writing a character who is deliberately vanilla and boring, and it's a fun challenge to do that, whilst still trying to make the response itself interesting. Apparently I'm doing okay!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

db00b4fe872edfb3df8b9f6699f6c6aa.jpg

medium_John_Steinbeck_Quotes.jpg

il_570xN.314973334.jpg

Ahaha, I definitely caught you this morning Quix!

Admittedly I was only on my first cup of coffee, and felt like so:

TgGkZOh7hUpVu.gif

So if it eases your mind I will tell you that when I re-read it later today I only noticed a few minor differences. ;]

Silvamoon said:
So if it eases your mind I will tell you that when I re-read it later today I only noticed a few minor differences. ;]

It does ease my mind; however if doing it means you're going to continue to place cute animal images on my journal, I may have to do it again, XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honour of World Press Freedom Day, May 3rd:

quote-our-liberty-depends-on-the-freedom-of-the-press-and-that-cannot-be-limited-without-being-lost-thomas-jefferson-240480.jpg

Busy week, but arrived home in time last night to catch an interesting documentary on the background of the video, 'Battle at Kruger', a confrontation between a pride of lions, herd of buffalo, and one crocodile, at Kruger National Park in South Africa, captured by an amateur videographer:

I've always had an affinity for Africa, and its wildlife; probably stemming from reading so many damn Wilbur Smith books when I was a teenager; and was fortunate enough to perform some Volunteer work at a game park in South Africa a couple of years ago, however never got to witness anything such as this.

A lot of people have probably already viewed it, as I think it's one of the most-watched video's on you-tube, but for those who haven't, and are interested (the action starts about two minutes in);

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM[/video]

Holy...
The poor baby buffalo. ;____ ;
Precious baby didn't deserve that, but it's a total warrior
for surviving a big ass croc, and four? five? lions vice grips around it.
A++++ to that buffalo sending one of the lions into the damn air. xD

but that was so sad beyond words.
/sobsob

Malicious Lullaby said:
They went after the little baby buffalo :[ My heart broke when I saw none of the lions going for the adult buffalo but the baby one :[

lait said:
Holy...
The poor baby buffalo. ;____ ;
Precious baby didn't deserve that, but it's a total warrior
for surviving a big ass croc, and four? five? lions vice grips around it.
A++++ to that buffalo sending one of the lions into the damn air. xD

but that was so sad beyond words.
/sobsob

I know; it's a cruel world, but we wouldn't want the poor Lion's starving to death either! At least the Buffalo got some licks in, and it might have made those felines think twice the next time.

Back
Top Bottom