Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rain on a strange roof, thinking of home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

Planetoid
It's been a hell of a long time since I've played around here, but there's an idea I've been tossing around that I'd like to try:

• She drew her last breath without him by her side, their daughter frantically calling a cell phone he ignored. His wife died, and his daughter grieved and called family and made arrangements she should never have been forced to make alone.

It started as soon as her obituary hit the paper: an anonymous gift of flowers sent to the funeral home. A figure his daughter remembered hanging behind them at the cemetery. Late night phone calls always playing the same song. And in his wife’s closet, hidden behind conservative clothes and comfortable shoes, clues to another life: the wigs she bought not long after she was diagnosed, outfits far more risqué than anything he’d ever dreamed of her wearing, and, most of all, a journal spanning the last months of her life, containing the sexual exploits of a woman he wouldn’t recognize.

“I miss the touch of a man…” started the journal—an ad she placed on the internet. When the same ad appeared, word for word, weeks after her funeral, he couldn’t resist answering. But who exactly will he follow down this rabbit hole? And is there really any redemption to be found there?

The idea's further developed in my mind, but I'd like to leave a lot of room for your collaboration; so bring me your ideas and a unique voice. I can't say how long I'll be in the mood to play, but I can guarantee you'll get a damn good writer as a partner. I'm going to be quite picky with this story, so don't be surprised if I ask for samples from you. I'm prepared to provide the same.

RE: Sex, Death and Regret

A bit of a nip and a trim, replace some words, and bump!

RE: Sex, Death and Regret

Never say repression unless you're ready to mean it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom