Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark Z Days {Assume & Kessinda}

Kessinda

Meteorite
Louise gazed out to see from her remote, seaside cottage thinking to herself that today will be no different. It has been approximately 4 months since the world went to pot and the advent of the Outbreak. Luckily enough for Louise she had become accustomed to living by herself at her remote home since getting her divorce and substantial settlement and had been to free to follow her passion for painting and selling them online or shipping them off to galleries in various cities.

Sighing, she fired up her generator to run some electricity through her home, and as usual there was nothing on the television and the radio was filled with the automated messages and a lot of static. What's more, her deep freeze is getting low - she had been careful with her own supplies - but with the best intent, they were not limitless. She knew that she would have to head off to find some more supplies, in the past she would drive to the so called closest town which is a good hour's drive at best - but this time would be so different from those previous trips.

What she is fearing are those zombies and wondering how many would be there. In all this time she has only seen 3 and they were scary enough even though two came at once and the third by itself and she had managed to deal with them by using her late father's service pistol.

Sitting out on the verrandah, enjoying the afternoon sun, she thought she was seeing things at first as she saw two moving figures, raising her sunglasses she thought they were moving too fluidly and quickly to be more zombies and she patiently waited, but still keeping the aforementioned pistol close to hand. She wondered if they were someone like the army or the police looking for other survivors to let them know that everything is going to be alright sooner rather than later.

Allan and his son Jake were driving for what seemed like hours. They had managed to find a small gas station that luckily had just a little bit gas left. They had siphon some abandoned cars, but it seemed now the more abandoned cars they found the emptier they were. This world was really hell. Four months had passed his Allan's wife had died, and Jake's mother. The two took it rather hard. After all she was the glue that kept the family together, but now they were left along. It gave them good some good time to bond.

As they drove down the long highway, they knew they would need to find some kind of shelter. Looking into the distance Jake noticed a small house. "Hey dad.." Jake said. "Look over there..there's a house." Allan eyes quickly widen, he couldn't believe it. They hadn't seen a house in such a long time, and it seemed almost perfect, like it hadn't been affected by any of the zombies. Speaking of zombies the two hadn't seen one for miles. Maybe this was a safe area, after all it was close to the water. "Good spot son." Allan told his son, he had a huge smile on his face. Maybe they would be able to find shelter there, or some more food supplies. In the back seat of their car they had some can food that they found from a convenience store. Driving off the road, Allan parked the car a few yards away from the house just in case the house wasn't safe. The father and son came out of the car. Allan holding a shotgun, and Jake a small pistol.

Heading down to the house, Allan was the first to notice the woman sitting on the verandah. It had been such a long time since they had seen anyone other than a zombie, especially a woman. She looked beautiful. "Hello!" Allan called out waving to her. Jake looked at his father to see the women, he quickly smiled at waved at her as they ran closer. "Hey! We didn't mean to scare you if you did..we are looking for a place to stay..mine if we stay here?" Allan yelled out as he came closer and closer to the house. "We have supplies in the car, some food that we can share." he told her.

Louise watched them for a moment, noticing the shotgun, but let out a deep sigh when they were not waving it around menacingly.

This is when she waved back, "Hey there!" And answered, "Sure come on in. I have a spare room and some fresh food which I was going to cook tonight so you can save the cans for another day."

The two men looked nice enough, a father and son, and instantly she felt a little more at ease; leaving her pistol where it was, basically forgetting about it. She offered her hand to the father and saying her name in way of introduction. She adds, "This was my home before the outbreak and, to be honest, it has served me well todate."

"Can I get you a coffee, or a beer maybe? Think I got half-dozen bottles left in the kitchen if you fancy one. So, where are you guys from?" she asks as she enters the cottage, inadvertently swinging her curvy rear in the process.

Taking her hand, Allan climbed up and then helped his son up. "Thank you so much! My name is Allan, and this is my son Jake.." he said placing his hands on the shoulder of his sixteen year old son, who smiled and waved. "Nice to meet you." he said blushing slightly, the two men had to admit the women before them was quite the beauty. Allan did most of the talking, Jake seemed a bit more reversed. "A beer?! You have alcohol?!" The father said with wide eyes. Alcohol was a luxury item in this new world, something that would help people to almost forget about this hell.

"Sure, maybe we can have some beers and celebrate our new found friendship.."The man said softly, as he gazed at her rather curvy bum, instantly he along with his son would feel arouse by the women. It seemed the woman had no idea of what was going outside of this lovely home. How things have changed, how women were quickly becoming the lower sex. Some men even collected women, using them as they placed. Women were used as breeders now. In hope of repopulating the damage human population, just in case one day there would be a cure for this mess.

Making his way inside, Allan thought she was quite nice. Luckily, he wasn't a savage like the other men who forced women to either obey or become zombie food. But the man still had needs. "Well...we are from..." he said pausing as he looked at his son and frowned. "We are a bit far from home. We lived in Amber Town." Amber town was on the other side of the boundary of the counter. "When...my wife..Jake's mother died.." he left and started to travel ever since. Luckily we managed to keep alive." The father said as he made his way into the large house.

Louise led Allan into the kitchen and she opened the larder revealing what was usually full but now is becoming fairly empty. With a bit of imagination and a bit of improvisation there is still food in there for a couple of days and several tins left over. Sitting on one shelf are the 6 bottles and she takes 2 out and hands them to the father. What would catch his eye are a few bottles of spirits including some Southern Comfort and Jack Daniels. Louise reaches in and grabs a plain brown bottle, "Homemade wine, been saving them and tonight seems a good time to celebrate like you said."
The busty dark haired woman smiles sweetly at Allan, "If you want to wait out on the porch with your lad, I will fix supper, chicken breasts and vegetables ok?"

She returns to the larder and reaches deep into the potato sack to grab some potatoes and to the vegetable tray and starts peeling, a frown crosses her lips as she trims away more of the bits that have gone off than she hoped, an ominous sign of her little haven is coming to an end but at least she can enjoy these last days before moving on.

She sung to herself as she prepared the vegetables, laid the table and waited for things to roast in the wood fired oven, her sweet tones drifting out to the men enjoying their bottles of beer out on the porch before she happily called them in. Plates of homecooking patiently waiting for them.

The fathers eyes widen open largely when he saw the Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort. "Wow, these should do wonders to get us...feeling a bit more celebration." he teased. "I haven't been drunk since.." he paused, before he let out a sadden sigh then forced a smile. "Since this whole thing began." Taking his son the two started to walk to the porch as he turned around, looking at his son the two nodded as his son spoke. "That sounds amazing! We haven't had a good home cook meal like that in a while. My father and I are really bad cooks." he admitted as the two laughed making their way outside.

Once they were outside, and out of eye shot from her they started to talk. "Have you seen her dad?" the son started. "She's amazing! I couldn't keep my eyes off her bum when she was walking." he chuckled. Allan nodded with a smile as they drank their beer. "She is indeed something. And don't worry, we can share." Jake knew as well as his father how things had changed, and how women had a sort of new place. He was excited to give a go at her. "I'll warm her up...i'm pretty sure she has no idea about how things have changed..Just let us have our little fun then tomorrow you guys can go at it." he teased as he messed up his hair.

Once they finished their beer, the two guys got up and headed back inside once they smelled the food. Their stomachs growled and their mouths watered. "Wow...you really made this?" they both said as they sat down and started to dig in like wild men. It was quite obvious that they nether ate a lot or had such a good meal in a long time.

Indeed Louise had no idea of how the world worked these days and heaven knows how she would react just now if she heard Allan and Jake talk about her like that, flattered definitely, shocked probably; however that is not the case as she busied herself in the kitchen singing away to herself quite happily.

Seeing the pair of men tuck into their meal made her smile, a little bit proud of her efforts, of bringing some comfort to them in these times, maybe something else and after they have eaten she brings out a plate of steaming cookies which she prepared as a treat come dessert.

As they finished their meal the sunset was providing a wonderful orange and red light to her home and a view to die for looking out to sea. Taking a bottle of wine she made herself comfortable on one of the chairs, putting her feet up, showing off her shapely legs, enjoying the evening and the chance to enjoy her drink with some pleasant company.

She asks Allan and Jake what they did before it happened as way of polite conversation until it grew dark and colder.

Back
Top Bottom