Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie High OOC (Riven, LadyYuna, Eldrithe Whisperwind, Rauk)

No, the post order needs to stay as it was originally established, to avoid mixups.

Raze, as previously stated in this OOC thread, the post order is Riven > Rauk > LadyYuna > Eldrithe > Raze.

You were not misinformed. If you had kept up with the OOC chat, after you invited yourself into our group, or read it before we began, you would have known this even before your first mistake. I am a lenient person, in 1x1 roleplays, and enjoy your writing, but a group thread like this must be organized. Otherwise, we're stepping all over each other's feet.

For the last time, please follow the pre-determined posting sequence.

Sort of new to the whole posting order thing - everything I've done with the exception of roll-playing in the past was more along the lines of "respond when there's stuff to respond to" and everyone had responded to Dez's entrance. It seemed sort of odd to have Eldrithe post a second time without her question being answered. I'm more than happy to retro my post out, have Eldrithe post, and then slap a modified post under it, just to keep the flow from there on, if you'd prefer.

Be that as it may with you being new and all, Raze, I have to admit that Rauk has a fair point. Riven made this very clearly established. At the very minimum, regulations and rules really should be followed. It's .. just common courtesy. If we hadn't decided on an order, this would be a completely different story. But this was made clear several pages ago ...

Raze said:
Sort of new to the whole posting order thing - everything I've done with the exception of roll-playing in the past was more along the lines of "respond when there's stuff to respond to" and everyone had responded to Dez's entrance. It seemed sort of odd to have Eldrithe post a second time without her question being answered. I'm more than happy to retro my post out, have Eldrithe post, and then slap a modified post under it, just to keep the flow from there on, if you'd prefer.

I understand that an organized post order may not be the norm, but this is the method in which we agreed upon before we began the story, as everything was discussed here in our OOC thread. As we are all pretty active posters, we decided this would be the best way to keep things organized without it becoming too chaotic. We also wanted to make sure everyone gets the same amount of influence on the story line.

Also, her question of "what the hell is going on?" was answered, partially by Drake at least so far.

As it only affects Eldrithe at the moment, I have no problem with you two working out what you want to do. If she wants to just change her entry to match what you've posted, like in the first rotation, and leave it at that, or whatever you all decide to do. As long as we get things squared away for everyone, and all 5 of us are having a good understanding, and friendly time writing together, this is my main goal.

By all means, if you have any mechanical input, or suggestions you'd like to bring up to the group, Raze, that you feel would improve our little shindig, feel free to tell us what's on your mind.

If everyone wants, we can formulate a simple do's and don'ts list for Zombie High, as I'm sure if we pick up a 6th female writer, as stated in Bunny's first post to join us, we will need to bring her up to speed anyways. That may be easier than reading through OOC to figure out our methods.

I just want us all to have a good time together. That's the whole purpose of this after all. ^_^

Eldrithe, I do hate to sound like a bitch, and I know that you are relatively new to the whole role playing thing which is why I am gonna be nice and not bite your head off for this (though I'll still bite you if you want. ;)) Nothing irritates me more than other people taking control of my character - their actions, their thoughts, anything about them. I would like to request that you possibly edit your post to not include that last paragraph regarding Tori (or just edit Tori out of the situation if you want to take on the horde with the guys). You kind of derailed where I was going to go with my post before I had any say in the matter. I'm sure that you can understand how frustrating that is.

If you would do that for me, it would be fantastic! I'm not mad and there's no hard feelings; others influencing my character is just a pet peeve of mine.

Done.

I just didn't want the whole RP to turn into a follow the leader, I know I screwed up. I just decided to have Sara go off on her own.

Also, would Sara tossing Dez and Drake weapons be considered controlling people?

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
Also, would Sara tossing Dez and Drake weapons be considered controlling people?

I am fine with stuff like that. As it's up to Drake and Dez what they choose to do with them.

Interaction between characters is inevitable, such as stabbing, shooting, licking, hugging, tackling, etc. It's when a writer makes a decision for someone elses character when it becomes a problem to me like...

Example: Drake asks Sara, "Want to suck my dick?" Sara responds, "Sure." and immediately goes down on him

Haha! No, feel free to do stuff like that when it comes to Tori. Don't be afraid to interact with her, just don't take control of her from the aspect of a writer. it's a really thin line and I know that it can be confusing. I'm not afraid to speak up if I feel that it's been crossed and I promise to be nice about it, so I hope that helps.

I might actually try and leave sara out of the group situation for a while since I don't know how group RP works. Today has been an rough day for me mentally. it actually took me 3 hours just to write my last post.

Battle Bunny Riven said:
Tori shouted as she stepped away from the barred door and turned her attention to the drop-dead gorgeous blonde.

Notice Riven's post.
Catch a glance and notice those words first.
Feel both flattered and confused that she'd call your character that for a split second.
Realize that you're not the only blonde.
Confusion replaced by understanding.
Flattery replaced by that feeling when you think someone is waving at you and you wave back, only to realize they're waving at someone else and try calmly to pretend you're just on your way to scratch your back.

And Eld, if this has anything to do with my thing with the post order, I'll be sure to stick to it. I feel incredibly guilty now. D:

Sorry I haven't posted yet, got suddenly busy last night. I'll have mine up as soon as I get a break here. :p

How is everyone doing today? I have to say, I am really enjoying your all's writing. Once we get the kinks worked out, and get a nice flow established I think this is going to be really fun. ^_^

I think something we can do to alleviate some stress in the future, is compile a list of everyone's "no no's" maybe, to make sure everyone's aware of each others' boundaries. I really don't personally have any in character that any of you guys need to worry about.

My main turn offs are:
-If a writer complains about another writer's post, without good reason, just to be a douche.
-Insufficient communication. This is a complex group story. Good OOC communication is going to be key in keeping things straight. Don't be afraid to ask me if you have a question about my post, and by all means let me know if I've accidentally written something that contradicts something that's already written, I will edit it. :p
-If someone is fucking me in the ass with a strap on, and doesn't even have the courtesy to give me a reach around.

I just want to see us all working together to make this story fun for everyone involved (and anyone else who decides to read along) because you are all talented writers, and a rare group of people to have the pleasure to RP with.

As far as my own writing turn-offs, they are:
-Godmodding my people without consent: You can ask to do relatively mild things or even have me lose a fight to move the plot along. But ask before you assume it's fine with me.
-Playing against overpowered/nearly perfect characters: Pretty self-explanatory I'd say. None of us are Superman. We all have flaws so don't act like your person is perfect, please.
-Giving me one-liners or (less than) a paragraph: This especially applies if there is literally nothing for me to go off of. And it's worse for me when I always get at least 2-3 paragraphs in all of my posts, even my worst ones. Thankfully this has never really been an issue but I may as well list it.
-Trying to include my 'Maybe' or 'No' kinks in a post without asking: There are reasons I have everything in my F-list where they are. I'll give you the same respect about double checking if something's okay and thus I expect that back.
-Unnecessarily whining/nitpicking about my posts: Especially without good reason. Pretty much the same as Rauk's first point more or less.
-When people try to tell me I've made my OCs wrong: If you really wanna push that button, I'll shove you out a portable door and into the abyss. My characters are mine for reasons. I don't even begin to start tolerating that crap. Now if you wanna negotiate something minor enough like age, fine. Just ask. Don't be a prick about it though. But yeah, I almost never do this to someone unless there is something I absolutely cannot stand (which is like a 1% chance to ever happen). Don't try it on me.

There are probably more but these are the main ones that I always enforce.

I'm pretty much right there with Yuna, except I'm less worried about my OCs (and okay with nitpicking, so long as it's not whiny),
But I have a huge pet peeve about badly done science fiction, being the enormous geek that I am.
Anything theoretically possible is good to go, but someone who doesn't do his research turns me off completely.
In fact, it's pretty much the one reason why I'm the only gamer on the planet who doesn't like the Assassin's Creed series.
The pseudoscience behind the Animus is pathetic enough that I couldn't even finish the first game. Cutscenes were too painful.

It's pretty much the one reason I tend to push most of my partners towards fantasy, despite my enormous thing for sci-fi.
I just get deathly afraid that people will mess it up. >.>

Raze said:
I'm pretty much right there with Yuna, except I'm less worried about my OCs (and okay with nitpicking, so long as it's not whiny),
But I have a huge pet peeve about badly done science fiction, being the enormous geek that I am.
Anything theoretically possible is good to go, but someone who doesn't do his research turns me off completely.
In fact, it's pretty much the one reason why I'm the only gamer on the planet who doesn't like the Assassin's Creed series.
The pseudoscience behind the Animus is pathetic enough that I couldn't even finish the first game. Cutscenes were too painful.

It's pretty much the one reason I tend to push most of my partners towards fantasy, despite my enormous thing for sci-fi.
I just get deathly afraid that people will mess it up. >.>

I feel the same way, Raze, mostly. I tend to find that if someone makes an attempt to scientifically explain something clearly unrealistic, and fails at it *cough godzilla 1998* then I can't enjoy it. Especially anything having to do with space science, or astronomy. Though, if the story is outrageous, and it's obvious that the intent was to make it as ridiculous as possible, then I don't mind that, such as the evil dead series. It's when they are serious about it, but still fail that irks me.

If you guys don't mind, I have plans to have Sara injured in the fall in her next scene and she needs to be alone for one more post. After that, she can meet up with your all's characters again at some point before they leave campus.

Well on the note of Dos and Donts, you guys already know the only one that I really have. My characters are mine. That's pretty much it.

The only two big donts I really have is #1 rape or doing something sexual to my character without her consent. #2 One person in the group making decisions. It's a real peeve of mine when someone makes all the decisions and expects the rest to follow through. Have fun, make it interesting. The characters are supposed to collaborate and discuss where they should go, not blindly follow just one person.

No non-consensual for the fair and beautiful Eldrithe? Well... Stay away from the rest of my threads. >.> I don' think you'll be pleased with them.

I guess it would depend on the rape. If it's violent; aka, meaning my character is beaten to a pulp, cut or stabbed, strangled, etc. then 100% no. But if it's your character tying me down, stripped naked, and fondled then maybe. Just make sure to ask first. I have certain personal issues on rape, so it's a fine line for me.

Oh, I don't do the whole violent thing... Not often. >.> I prefer sweet and sensual 'rape'. Yes, that's possible! Or, you know, some consensual non-con like blackmail.

Back
Top Bottom