Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie High OOC (Riven, LadyYuna, Eldrithe Whisperwind, Rauk)

Basics definitely should be known at the very minimum. While I always include names of my characters in my RPs, it'd be good to be able to look back and see a few other basic bits of information (mainly age, traits, etc.), especially as they aren't as easy to remember in character sometimes.

And yes, definitely. Character development is something I tend to include in all my RPs anyways. I believe that it'll definitely lead to many, many good things also Rauk.

That all sounds terrific to me. Something that I would be interested in knowing about your characters, given we've upgraded to a college setting, is their major area of study. I'd like to throw that onto Rauk's list.

I fully intend on keeping my own excel spreadsheet behind the scenes for this, documenting major events as they happen, and how my character progresses, and how he observes others progressing. It's fun to look back through the timelines and see how much they change as a person due to all they've faced. Plus, it helps me personally to keep better track of what's going on, and be sure not to forget minor information I learn along the way as our characters get to know each other.

Or I could just be a nerd.

Or you could be both, Rauk. But hey, that's okay. I mean hell, look at me. I'm teaching on a Harry Potter based website (in my sig) ... and I'm in my late 20s. I'm a major nerd in my own ways also.

Personally though, I'd like to call you something else I am; organized. And that's honestly a good trait to have. Also, smart idea. I've never made spreadsheets and typed up reactions. I just tend to reread through my RPs/replies. But .. that's a really good idea. I may need to steal it one of these days. :p

And I'm up for including majors, Riven. I'm looking forward to this whole thing actually. :3

LadyYunaFFX2 said:
Personally though, I'd like to call you something else I am; organized.

*Waits for Eldrithe to chime in and comment on how unorganized and messy I am around the house*

Thanks, I am quite the sucker for spreadsheets. I'm all about organized databases. It may not help much at first, but I assume once the ball starts rolling, and we get deeper into it, it'll be handy. Feel free to steal the idea, lots of people already do it anyway. :p

Anyways, during lunch today, I'll come up with the basics of my character and throw it up for your gals' approval. For my area of study, I was debating if I wanted him (if it's okay for me to play a male, I can attempt female, or futa if needed, but I'm more comfortable I can provide my best writing as a male.) to have been going into medicine, or robotics. He will most likely be about 20 years old.

Chuckles

Maybe you're better with organization for RPs? My own husband is selective like that sometimes.

I'm working on typing up finals. Almost done with History of Magic. Once that's completed, I'll figure more of my character out -- including her name finally ^^;; I think she'll be something military-focused even for her major but I'm gonna look all of that up when I finish here.

Riven? Do you want us to post profiles here? Or were you gonna make a thread in the Profiles section for that?

Rauk said:
LadyYunaFFX2 said:
Personally though, I'd like to call you something else I am; organized.

*Waits for Eldrithe to chime in and comment on how unorganized and messy I am around the house*

Thanks, I am quite the sucker for spreadsheets. I'm all about organized databases. It may not help much at first, but I assume once the ball starts rolling, and we get deeper into it, it'll be handy. Feel free to steal the idea, lots of people already do it anyway. :p

Anyways, during lunch today, I'll come up with the basics of my character and throw it up for your gals' approval. For my area of study, I was debating if I wanted him (if it's okay for me to play a male, I can attempt female, or futa if needed, but I'm more comfortable I can provide my best writing as a male.) to have been going into medicine, or robotics. He will most likely be about 20 years old.

Well I can tell you that my character will be a lesbian because, well, I have just never found the male figure attractive. But that's fine. It adds a level of possible character-conflict and jealousy. So long as you keep in mind that I, the writer, have nothing against you then bring it on! Besides, somebody has to help the straight and Bi girls repopulate the Earth.

LadyYunaFFX2 said:
Chuckles

Maybe you're better with organization for RPs? My own husband is selective like that sometimes.

I'm working on typing up finals. Almost done with History of Magic. Once that's completed, I'll figure more of my character out -- including her name finally ^^;; I think she'll be something military-focused even for her major but I'm gonna look all of that up when I finish here.

Riven? Do you want us to post profiles here? Or were you gonna make a thread in the Profiles section for that?

Did not know that there was a profile section. :p I generally avoid group RPs, but since I had two people express interest in this story I decided to go for it because of how well this roleplay lent itself to a small group. But yeah, we'll do that there since there is a sub-forum for it.

That's fine, Riven. I tend to avoid groups also, unless I know for damn sure that there will be reliable people in it. Because otherwise, they die so damn fast it's not funny. No worries on not knowing. That's what I get for being here nearly two years.

Yeah, I have tons of free time. If that hasn't become obvious yet ... I have no idea how else to spell it out xD

Battle Bunny Riven said:
Well I can tell you that my character will be a lesbian because, well, I have just never found the male figure attractive. But that's fine. It adds a level of possible character-conflict and jealousy. So long as you keep in mind that I, the writer, have nothing against you then bring it on! Besides, somebody has to help the straight and Bi girls repopulate the Earth.

No problem at all, Bunny! Everyone has their own preferences. My character isn't going to be a sexual powerhouse, so he isn't going to be going out of his way to get his rocks off. Though he is hetero, as far as sexual preference. In fact, he will most likely feel more comfortable around your character once he finds out she won't be interested in him sexually. Maybe they'll end up being close friends, or maybe they'll end up hating each other, or horning after the same chick and competing. We shall see.

This is in one of my more recent journal entries. However, while I have the time and such, I'll go on and post it here ....

From the 10th - 22nd of June, I'll be visiting my parents & daughter in Oregon. During this time period, I don't know how often I'll be on and not just because I'll be paying heed to my kid. My parents (mom especially) would no doubt have a fit if they knew I wrote here. Don't ask, I can't explain, especially since I'm way over 18 and thus legal. I just know they've had really bad tempers in the past over some of my decisions and such. And I don't want any drama while I'm there so ... yeah.

I might be able to sneak on during the night/when they're not paying attention to me. But I can't make any promises, hence part of the reason I'm giving the notice now.

Sometime after I return, I'm going to see about getting into the local community college for a Psychology class. From what I remember though, it may only be 1-2 days per week so it won't take too much time. but for when I do need to give my time and devotion to it, I will also be offline for that. I'll give a more definite post of that when I have and know more information.

Duely noted, Yuna. So how do we want to handle this? I can think of a couple of ways...

1. Just not start until then and keep the OOC discussion alive. This gives us lots of time to plan and get on the same pages.

2. Go ahead and start, and set up something that will cause your character to get separated from the group during this time. Then you'd rejoin when you got back, of course, safe and sound... somehow. But hey, military survival training, brah.

3. Start and just put the RP on hold while you're gone.

I wouldn't mind doing #2. At first, she probably will try to stick to her 'loner' ways anyways, only to realize there's so much that can be accomplished by herself. But since this is a group RP and not just 1x1, I will let the others give input. Yes, this is my character. But it feels only fair that everyone gets a say somehow. I'm still kinda tired from a god-awful sleep schedule so hopefully I'm making some sense xD

Edit: I need to get ready to head out to pick up my husband from work. I'll probably get a nap in pretty damn fast after I return so .. I will check up here when I'm awake/more conscious. Later everyone~

Battle Bunny Riven said:
2. Go ahead and start, and set up something that will cause your character to get separated from the group during this time. Then you'd rejoin when you got back, of course, safe and sound... somehow. But hey, military survival training, brah.

I think this could work just fine. It would give Yuna the opportunity to add in some side-solo writing for her character while separated from the group, if she wishes to sneak on one night. We could maybe be battling a horde, and she somehow gets separated during the action, and the group agrees to meet up with her somewhere within a day or two (story days), or go looking for her.

Also, this is going to begin on a college campus, right? I would like to suggest the beginning of the semester, maybe even move-in day. This would make the whole place extra populated at the time, AKA campus is infested with a titanic number of zombies. Graduation weekend would also work. (our characters wouldn't have to be part of commencement, obviously)

I think we should start thinking about where we want to agree to have our characters meet, such as coordinate the last part of each of our introductions to eventually end up holed up in the same area.

I'd prefer the beginning of the year to the end, personally, but I'd rather avoid both. Depending on the college, it could be plenty crowded as it is without the added movers/parents and all that. Plus, it would be better for character development, I would think, if this event interrupts their regular lives as opposed to interrupting another big change.

Returns from picking spouse up.

Hm ... maybe beginning then? I do agree regardless that the development would be better if the event interrupted their more typical routines.

Ah, yeah. Okay before it leaves my mind ....

Did we want to use this year as starting day for the RP? Or go further into the (near?) future? Like have the RP set in 2020 for example as opposed to 2014?

I don't much care as long as we're still dealing with relatively modern technology. I mean, I don't want to run into any hover-cars or anything crazy.

How does middle of the fall semester, and 2014 sound? We're all familiar with current technology, and it'll still be warm in the fall. Gives us the up-coming winter months to dread/prepare for in the future.

That works for me. Being in the middle of the first semester still means that it's early in the year but gives them time to establish a routine. Sounds good by me.

Man I missed a lot today, that's what I get for being busy. lol. Rauk is only organized when he wants to be :p you should see the mess he has around his computer table.

I agree with the characters being separated from the group when someone is going to be gone for more than a day and have them meet back up once the person is back. I'll post my character bio in a little bit. Sorry for being so far behind.

Hehe, yeah. He really does sound like my own husband. Cute.

Me and Veinexes are really close to being the same age as you two, actually. Vein's 29, I'm 27, going on 28 in September. So ... we kinda are alike in certain ways it seems.

And don't worry about not having stuff up. Better later than never. Plus like I said -- I really have too much free time on my hands.

Battle Bunny Riven said:
Life comes first, Eldrithe. Never apologize for having things to do. Some of us would kill to have that problem. :p

Straps Eldrithe down to the bed, with her limbs tied down to all 4 corners, naked, and hands Bunny a whip.

I think she needs to be punished, Bunny. Go ahead, do your worst. She's been a bad girl...!

Sits back and eats popcorn

Rauk said:
Battle Bunny Riven said:
Life comes first, Eldrithe. Never apologize for having things to do. Some of us would kill to have that problem. :p

Straps Eldrithe down to the bed, with her limbs tied down to all 4 corners, naked, and hands Bunny a whip.

I think she needs to be punished, Bunny. Go ahead, do your worst. She's been a bad girl...!

Sits back and eats popcorn

I normally stay away from married women because I'm actually a respectful and decent human being. But hey! If her husband's gonna give me the green light...

Back
Top Bottom