Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie High OOC (Riven, LadyYuna, Eldrithe Whisperwind, Rauk)

Battle Bunny Riven

Super-Earth
So this is a role play idea based off of High School of the Dead, but not a direct fandom. I'd like to kick off the discussion by saying that it has been requested that we bump up the age of our characters from High School to College. There was a concern of character ages and not wanting to play erotic scenes with characters that might be under eighteen years of age, and I can totally respect that. Does anyone have any issues with this?

RE: Zombie High OOC

The link didn't go through in the PM. Ah well =P

In regards to the ages, I'm fine with doing 18+ year old characters. While I can do them as young as fifteen to sixteen, I always respect my partners' limits. So if they want 18 or older, I'm game with that.

Okay so .. what parts of "High School of the Dead" were you thinking would inspire this? The way the outbreak happened? I don't mind contributing but it's easiest if I know what ideas you already do have and which you need to figure out still.

As a side note Riven, maybe you should put that this is only for the four of us and then put our names in the post somewhere? Just a suggestion ^.^

RE: Zombie High OOC

Did they actually explain how the outbreak happened in the anime? The English DUB must not have gotten that far. So yeah, clearly I have no idea what's going on there.

No, I was just inspired by the overall theme. I love the idea of a zombie outbreak role play, but I hate all of the post-apocalyptic aspects of pretty much every single other zombie show. I just wanted a MODERN zombie RP is all and this fit the bill.

Looks up as thinks

To my recollection? No. It was just really abrupt and really fast. I think a virus was the guess but I'm not sure if that was the actual cause. Personally, I like the explanation from "The Walking Dead" much better. Here's how it happened as per the game:

You become a zombie pretty soon after you die. It doesn't matter how. It could have been suicide, natural causes, an unfortunate car wreck, anything literally. But if/when you die, you become a zombie.

Like I said, it's my own personal opinion. But that very bit of logic, among some other factors, is what made me love "The Walking Dead" more than any other zombie game. It's more unique and isn't necessarily from the stereotypical 'virus outbreak' like almost every other source tends to use.

So ... I'll leave that card on the table as an option. It doesn't have to be used but it is available for anyone to look at and think on as it were.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I liked about it as well. No actual contact with the zombies seems to be needed to transform. Now couple that with how it was in High Scool of the Dead. If you happen to be bitten then you slowly (and seemingly painfully) die as a result of the wound. That's probably why it spread so quickly. Dying through any means transforms your corpse and being bitten slowly kills you, thus transforming you. Now THAT is a plague!

There's my two cents.

Personally, I am willing to RP any age group that satisfies the rules and regulations of blue moon, and satisfies your all's preferences.

As for the explanation of the outbreak, I don't think the anime for HSOTD really goes into very much detail from a scientific point of view. Shit just kinda hit the fan, with a small number of students being infected, and then it spiraled out of control.

I too am a fan of the way "The Walking Dead" backs it, where you become a zombie shortly after death, no matter if you're bitten or not. But I absolutely love the action of highschool of the dead.

One question I have, is how you guys want to have the zombies set up? Are they slow walking mindless cliche ones? Or something more dangerous and fast?

Oh, yay. Someone else who knows about "The Walking Dead". Well ... hm. It's easy to go with the cliches. However a change of pace might be interesting. Perhaps there could be some that are the slow, typical zombies and others that are more difficult to prepare for? A bit of both might be good.

The reason that we don't know why the outbreak happened in High School of the Dead is because the guy that was writing the manga randomly stopped after the first season of the show.

As far as zombie outbreak ideas go, i have several since I'm a huge zombie fanatic.

~The zombie virus is man made and is only transfered through the blood or a bite.
~The zombies virus is just a parasite that invades the brain and kills the rest of the body, but the person is still aware of what's happening to them. They can even feel pain and rigamortis set in. The Parasite goal is to re-produce.
~The zombie virus isn't a virus but a small parasite that enters your brain through the ear or the top of your head. They seek out dead bodies and infest them.
~Everybody has the dormant zombie virus and even a normal death won't stop them from tuning. (like the walking dead).
~The zombies could be really sick people that was infected with a mutated rabies virus.

Personally I want the zombies to be able to run as long as they don't have a leg injury. But as time goes by they could get slower and slower due to rigamortis.

Maybe we could implement some "special infected" type of super zombies, if we wanted to get creative with it, kind of like what you see in the Left 4 Dead games? Just a thought. Though we would be sacrificing a small amount of realism, unless we were able to explain the mutations.

Of course, the walking dead! :D Eldrithe and I are both zombie fanatics.

x.x

Well, I feel outta place. "The Walking Dead" was my first (and so far only though I do intend to get Season 2) zombie game I played so ... hehe, yeah. ^^;;

That being said, I'll take your word on how it works in the Left 4 Dead games.

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
The reason that we don't know why the outbreak happened in High School of the Dead is because the guy that was writing the manga randomly stopped after the first season of the show.

As far as zombie outbreak ideas go, i have several since I'm a huge zombie fanatic.

~The zombie virus is man made and is only transfered through the blood or a bite.
~The zombies virus is just a parasite that invades the brain and kills the rest of the body, but the person is still aware of what's happening to them. They can even feel pain and rigamortis set in. The Parasite goal is to re-produce.
~The zombie virus isn't a virus but a small parasite that enters your brain through the ear or the top of your head. They seek out dead bodies and infest them.
~Everybody has the dormant zombie virus and even a normal death won't stop them from tuning. (like the walking dead).
~The zombies could be really sick people that was infected with a mutated rabies virus.

Personally I want the zombies to be able to run as long as they don't have a leg injury. But as time goes by they could get slower and slower due to rigamortis.

I kind of like the thought of the virus being man made. They're all good but the knowledge and thought of humans being the reason this is happening at all adds quite the sense of irony to this. Well for me it does.

LadyYunaFFX2 said:
I kind of like the thought of the virus being man made. They're all good but the knowledge and thought of humans being the reason this is happening at all adds quite the sense of irony to this. Well for me it does.

If we do the man made virus route we could use Resident Evil 3's idea. They made the virus at first to regenerate dead skin sells so that older women would always look young. But they quickly discovered that they could use what they made into a deadly bio-weapon. In the end it backfires on them and they ended up infecting their own country after an unfortunate leak that was caused by rats eating it and biting people.

Well since having the virus be man-made seems to be a popular notion, I'd like to throw a spin on that to keep things interesting. My proposition is that this man-made virus is not passed through blood, but through some kind of microscopic spore, such as the anthrax virus is. This would allow us to say that "everyone has the virus" because of an accidental discharge of the bio-weapon which the government, of course, did not warn the public about. Because let's face it; no sane country in the world would tolerate its government manufacturing something like this. Alternatively, the chemical could be getting released into the populace by terrorists.

This would keep the action up by putting us in a Walking Dead scenario with some logic backing it.

Edit to avoid a double-post: Afterthought. If terrorists are to blame then that also sets the stage for a global epidemic instead of just a local one.

Battle Bunny Riven said:
Well since having the virus be man-made seems to be a popular notion, I'd like to throw a spin on that to keep things interesting. My proposition is that this man-made virus is not passed through blood, but through some kind of microscopic spore, such as the anthrax virus is. This would allow us to say that "everyone has the virus" because of an accidental discharge of the bio-weapon which the government, of course, did not warn the public about. Because let's face it; no sane country in the world would tolerate its government manufacturing something like this. Alternatively, the chemical could be getting released into the populace by terrorists.

This would keep the action up by putting us in a Walking Dead scenario with some logic backing it.

I love this idea. Personally, I like the idea of the accidental discharge of the bio-weapon from the government more than the terrorist alternative. I'm a fan of a corrupt government in stories. The whole idea of a bio-weapon they created for a war deterrent being the demise of not only their country, but the entire world is irony at it's finest.

So has everyone been thinking about their characters? And do we want to begin our story before, during, or shortly after the outbreak?

Edit: Or perhaps it's OUR government that ends up being the terrorists themselves?

I've got my character mostly worked out. If everyone else does as well, we could swap bios or we could just use our introductory posts in the RP thread to introduce them. I am fine with either. As for when to start, I was thinking it would be best to star during the outbreak to give us an immediate reason for these characters to interact. I'm sure that they aren't all 4 already running in the same circles.

I mentioned to Bunny earlier that I was thinking of either being an otaku or a girl that has taken karate all of her life. I have two pictures I want to use for my otaku character, I don't have any of the karate girl pictures yet. Nvm I found two karate girl pictures that I like.

Otaku 1
Otaku 2

Karate 1
Karate 2

My Character was in my request thread, but since there's a chance that not everyone that is here has seen it, I'll toss her picture up here.

Still kind of working out her personality, which will change a little if we're moving to a College setting, but the same general theme will apply. She's an athlete and probably a cheerleader. She might also have a secret nerdy side that is smarter than she lets on because, ya know, gotta keep a low profile or the other cheerleaders might think you're a geek.

Is our RP going to be set in Japan or somewhere else? Rauk asked me and I assume it will be in Japan, but I felt that I should ask.

Both of the 2nd options for your people I like the best, Eldrithe.

Since we're raising the ages, that actually kind of helps my background more. I'm thinking mine was raised by her father alone. Her mother died giving birth. Prior to her dad meeting and raising my character, he'd been in the military and was a heavy pro-protection sort of man. So, he trained her a bit. When she turned 18, she joined the Army and gained even more experience in firearm usage, etc. I'm working on a name but I have her pic here.

I had assumed it would be in America, since that is the only country with whose customs I am at all familiar. Also, we've got two clearly Caucasian characters out of the four.

I'm okay with wherever, if you guys want America that is fine with me. Highschool of the Dead is set in Japan of course, but that doesn't mean there aren't zombies in America as well.

I'm toying with the idea of being an unpopular geek, who has a secret addiction for elaborate explosives, and nerdy gadgets/contraptions. He's really intelligent, was the valedictorian of his highschool, and of course begins the story extremely awkward around women due to reasons undetermined at this time. No real combat skills to start out with, since we already have a couple of badasses.

Of course I haven't really decided at this moment in time.

Found a wiki detailing the "High School of the Dead" zombies in all of their craziness if we'd like to just use them as our basic zombie. Special zombies could be worked in later if we'd like. I mean, really, I'm alright with anything here as long as we aren't dealing with '28 Days Later' zombies. That movie was scary as fuck and if those are the zombies that we're dealing with then we might as well just write our characters off as dead right now.

x.x

Okay, hopefully my internet will stop going in and out for a bit ...

Anyway, I'm fine with using the link for link Riven provided for the zombies.

So how would we like to handle character profiles? Yay or nay to even cover them before the RP? Would we rather just dive in and roll with it?

My vote goes to everyone somehow submitting a ~basic~ bio of their character, before we begin the actual role-play, and letting the details just kind of fall in place as we progress.

Name, age, appearance, personality traits, basic likes/dislikes, etc. I think strong individual character development will really make such an open ended story like this a lot of fun.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom