Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can someone tell me why the hell?

Looks like the cat...
david-caruso.jpg

...Is out of the bag.

Um... baagh?

If it bugs you so much, stop watching, which I'll doubt you'll do, since said shows are usually awesome.

I suggest you mute the opening theme and have your MP3 ready to play some emo cutter music.

Y'know, since it bothers you so much.

Also, Lucid_M, you have won. Horatio is a bad ass.

It you want a quick and easy answer why this is, it's because such violent/crime shows are usually intense and designed to stimulate excitement, so you try to do so in advance with the theme song to build up anticipation.

Humour I'd say. It's like Singing in the Rain in Clockwork Orange.

It's the wrong time and place for such an up beat song due to the circumstances; but because of the perverse combination it becomes funny in a detached sort of black humour way.

Tatcon Valdez said:
It you want a quick and easy answer why this is, it's because such violent/crime shows are usually intense and designed to stimulate excitement, so you try to do so in advance with the theme song to build up anticipation.
This usually explains the matter adequately for western material.
For anime etc., there's a decent chance the theme song of the show is performed by some particular band, either to promote the band (if the show's more popular) or to promote the show (if the band is), and while the music scene over there is almost as varied if you get down to the dive bars and park festivals, the popular tends to be up-beat or at least up-tempo, near as I can tell.

Out of this you randomly bring emo in? I'm not saying bring out metal or anything, just not something happy-go-lucky.

It bugs me in the same way anime breasts with no nipples does.

Anime breasts with no nipples is blatant censorship, or like the blood in Burst Angel covering a character's breasts during gunfights. It's meant to censor so that they can sell to a wider audience.

That was just a simple statement... I know why anime breasts are censored. I was simply stating that it bugged me.

Oh it fucking pissed me off when I was younger. I'd be like "That'd cartoon guy would be hot... IF HE HAD NIPPLES. GODDAMIT" I would always tell ducky it would freak me out. So if I was in a bad mood, she'd google like... "Sesshomaru with nipples"

<3

You should see The Great Horror Family. Japanese Series.

The music is all: YAY! We are going to torture this family!

Awesome show though.

Back
Top Bottom