Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Closed] Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Planetoid
FANFICS:

Post I: Introduction
(this post)

Films:
Post II: The Covenant (2006)
Post III: V for Vendetta (2005)
Post IV: Stand By Me (1986)
Post V: Harry Potter (2001-2011)

TV Series:
Post VI: True Blood
Post VII: Once Upon A Time
Post VIII: Vikings

RE: The Covenant (2006 film) ROLEPLAYS + Other Supernaturals ~

- THE COVENANT (2006 FILM) -

giphy.gif

Ello, ello! I'm looking for roleplays that will incorporate and revolve around the 2006 film, The Covenant. You do not have to have seen the film, as everything about the concept and the film is explained below in the Q&A. Although, having seen the film is helpful.

I'm looking for someone to play either Reid (1), Caleb (2), Pogue (3), or Chase (4) - [OR] play an OC character that is another Covenant brother/ warlock/ who possesses The Power. I'm looking to pair either of the above characters to one of my OCs listed below! (I would play a Canon from the movie, but let's get real here, the two female characters are both useless and uninteresting).

TheCovenant.png

Some basic elements I'm looking for:

1) Literacy: Not only being able to read and write, but being able to read and write with little to no grammar and spelling mistakes. I'm also looking for a decent amount of length. I can write anywhere from 2-10 paragraphs for post, depending on what I am given to work with. I generally try to match the length of my partner.

2) Patience: I have little time to come on Bluemoon and cannot answer every day. I try to get on at least once a day, but it's not always possible to reply to everything. I have a very busy schedule, but do enjoy roleplaying and coming on here as a hobby and pass time.

3) Kinks: I tend to like to incorporate the following: Ageplay/ Older male characters, DOMINANCE, opposites attract concepts, psychotic plots, playing alternative girls, incest, plots and twists

NOTE: I ONLY ROLEPLAY THROUGH BLUEMOON. NO IM, EMAIL, OR SKYPE.

So, shall we get started?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plot/Concept:

The story begins in 1692, during the Salem witch trials, when five families from the Ipswich Colony of Massachusetts formed a covenant of silence that would forever protect their families and their remarkable powers from the witch-hunters. One family went too far, though, and as a result of their transgression they were forever banished from the land.

Flash forward to the new millennium and the four Sons of Ipswich are now the student elite at the prestigious Spenser Academy. To the students of the Spenser Academy, the Sons of Ipswich, Caleb Danvers (Steven Strait), Pogue Parry (Taylor Kitsch), Reid Garwin (Toby Hemingway), and Tyler Simms (Chace Crawford), are the baddest boys on campus. But that's not all they share. The four friends also share a 300-year-old secret: they're warlocks, the teenage descendants of a 17th-century coven of witches, the five families of 1692.

Bound by their sacred ancestry and sworn to silence, these four teens share a secret so remarkable that it has served to protect their families for hundreds of years; they possess "The Power", a source of nearly limitless mystical abilities that drains their life force if it is used excessively. So when the long-lost fifth son, Chase Collins (Sebastian Stan), who is more powerful than the other four warlocks, suddenly appears and threatens to kill their loved ones unless Caleb "wills" him his powers, they realize they must face their enemy in order to prevent him from stealing their powers and shattering The Covenant forever. The battle is on to ensure the safety of The Covenant and lay the one descendent who threatens to reveal their secret to rest once and for all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

The Covenant FAQ:
(Frequently Asked Questions)
* The Covenant in a nutshell for those who have and have not seen the film, additional details, explanations, and adaptations. *

1) What is the Covenant?
Answer: The Covenant is essentially four "brothers" (not actual brothers – their families made a unison during the Salem Witch trials to stick together and protect one another) who possess a nearly limitless magical ability referred to as “The Power”.

2) What exactly does the Covenant/ do the Covenant Brothers do?
Answer: They pretty much do nothing. They are four boys who are filthy rich since their families have a ton of money. They don't really do anything in the film except for try to live normal lives. Although, it could be incorporated that they try to stop evil. Since they are supposed to be “good” and want to defeat the “bad”.

3) Who knows about their powers/ancestry?
Answer: No one else except for those within the Covenant and family members. The secret of The Power remains within a close-circle of family. Not even friends know of their powers.

4) What happens when they use “The Power”?
Answer: Physically, their irises flash yellow before all of their eyes turn all-black (sclera, cornea, and iris) when they are using The Power. This makes their supernatural abilities obvious, therefore they cannot openly use it publicly without being very careful and discreet. The Power is also their life force and their bodies are just a host for The Power. The more they use it, the quicker they and their bodies physically age. Although The Power does not run out, the body can wither and weaken. An example of this is Caleb's father who, in the film, is shown as a crippled, chair-bound dying old man who resembles that of a 100 year old. His father, is in fact, 40 – except when he Ascended, he lost control of The Power and became addicted – over-using and abusing it.

5) What is “Ascending” and what does it have to do with their Power?
Answer: Witches and Warlocks are born with The Power, though, as they get older, it gets stronger. At the age of 18, those who possess The Power “ascend”. This means they receive all of their true power (their power completely matures). This is a potentially dangerous point in their lives, since The Power is highly addictive, and many people get seduced and consumed by it during their ascendance and lose control.

6) What does it mean when someone “wills” their Power?
Answer: In the film, Caleb's father “wills” Caleb his power by saying the words. “I will you my power.” By saying these words, Caleb's father is choosing to transfer all of his Power into Caleb. Any witch or warlock can do this, but willing someone he/she's power would mean to end their own life. Since The Power is a source of life, without The Power, the body dies.

7) What abilities are included in "The Power"?
Answer: Many abilities! The following are displayed in the film:

- The Sons of Ipwsich have a variety of magic abilities, including various types of kinesis:
- Psychokinesis - The power to move or levitate objects without touching them, also called telekinesis.
- Pyrokinesis - The power to control fire.
- Aerokinesis - The power to control the wind.
- Atmokinesis - The power to influence the weather, particularly to make it rain or to summon storms and lightning.
- Levitation - The power to defy gravity and hover or maneuver freely in the air or even fly.
- Astral Projection - The power to project one's consciousness and senses beyond and away from the physical body.
- Superhuman Strength - Increasing one's physical strength.
- Shapeshifting - The ability to change one's physical appearance and voice to appear as another person.
- Teleportation - The power to instantaneously disappear from one place and reappear in another.
- Clairvoyance - The power to see things that are invisible, such as the creatures known as 'darklings'.
- Other spells to damage, or protect self from physical damage.
- The fifth son (Chase) had control over spiders and could casts other damaging spells through them.

8) What is the limit and extent of “The Power”?
Answer: This is hard to answer because the film doesn't explain their powers. It just has scenes showing different things they can do. There is, as far as I understand, not many limitations to their powers.

9) Can you give me some examples from the film of the brothers using “The Power”?
Answer: Yes! Examples:

Hummer Scene
- In this scene, the four boys use their combined Power to lift a Hummer and levitate it.

Skirt Scene
- Here's another scene where Reid, Pogue, and Tyler make a bet over what type of underwear a hot chick is wearing. Reid uses The Power to send a gust of wind/air over the girl to lift her skirt. In the scene, you can also see how Reid's eyes change.
Ps. Tyler is one of the brothers but he literally has about 4 lines in this entire movie. His insignificance is the reason he's not included in the plot/thread.

Battle Scene
- Here's a battle scene (or a compilation). It shows various ways members of the Covenant can use The Power. In the scene, Chase (long-lost evil fifth brother) can shatter glass and move the shards around. In the clip, you can also see this kinda, ball of power. This is pure power, which is like an energy force that can be used as a blast. Chase also uses his Power to levitate/ move around in the air.

- In another scene, Chase also shatters and mirror and remolds it back together. Chase can also cast spells.

- At the end of the film, Caleb also rebuilds the glass windshield of his Mustang that Chase destroys.

10) What happens in the movie/ climax?
Answer: In the climax of the movie, a fifth brother (whom they thought dead) named Chase Collins blackmails Caleb. If Caleb does not "will" his power to him, he threatens to kill Caleb's girlfriend. When Chase and Caleb have their "battle" at the end of the film, Caleb refuses to will his power to Chase, and so they fight. Unfortunately for Caleb, Chase is much stronger than he is and Caleb begins to lose the battle. His father decides to will his power to his son to save his life (ultimately ending his own). Caleb then becomes strong enough to defeat and kill Caleb. The movie ends with all of Chases' spells (which were making Pogue, Pogue's girlfriend, and Caleb's girlfriend sick) lifting/ being broken, although his remains are never found (possibility that he is still alive/ escaped).

11) When do you want the roleplay to take place?
Answer: Around 3 to 7 years after Caleb kills Chase. The boys would be in their early to mid 20s. Since they were in their final year of high school at Spencer Academy, I'm thinking they all split up after graduation to go off to university/ do their own things. I'm thinking either one of them or all of them return to their hometown (for whatever reason) and visit their old hotspot - a bar named “Nikkis”. There they could encounter one of my available characters (below). This is completely open for discussion. If you have any ideas – send them over! :)

12) Are there any other supernaturals in this roleplay?
Answer: Absolutely! I'm opening up the plot to include a universe of many different supernatural creatures, species, races etc... with different powers. This includes werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc... Whatever you can think of. If you are playing an OC that is a supernatural, please make sure to send me a sort of bio/explanation of what he is and his abilities [OR] make sure to explain them in the roleplay. ^^

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME. :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Covenant Brothers that I'm interested in (being played)/
AND other possibilities:

1) Reid Garwin

covenantReid_Garwin.jpg

Reid is the troublemaker of the bunch. He's a little addictied to his powers, and uses it in public discreetly despite orders from Caleb (the oldest and more powerful) to keep his power use to a minimum. Reid has a bit of a big mouth, and is often getting into fights with other dominant males. He's rather aggressive in character - which often leads him to make stupid or immature decisions. (All this can be changed - but in basics, Reid is the baddest of the bad boys). Reid also drives a black Hummer in the film.

2) Caleb Danvers

covenantCalebDanvers.png

Caleb is the oldest and more powerful of the boys since he ascended (older = earlier ascendance ) before the others. He is also more powerful because his father "willed" him his powers (meaning his father gave all of his Power to Caleb in order to save his life - though this process killed him in the film). Although Caleb is stronger, he is the least addicted to the Power and is very logical and smart when it comes to his abilities. He's the kinder of the bunch, and a generally nice guy. Though, when angered, he will not hesitate to stand his ground and maintain dominance. Him and Reid butt heads often. Caleb also drives a Mustang in the film.

3) Pogue Parry

7e8dcfcb-2a44-48a9-b45a-d9b228468f3f.jpg

Pogue is the most laid back between the three of them. He's more care-free and enjoys life. He drives a motorcycle and is generally the biker-bad-boy. Pogue is also very dominant, though he will choose to keep the peace over beating someone up (unlike Reid). He's a generally tough dude, so not many people even dare to get in his face to begin with. Although Pogue does use his powers in public discreetly like Reid, he does not abuse it like Reid, nor does he seek trouble or search for opportunities to do so. He acknowledges his power, but does not pay much attention to it unless needed.

4) Chase Collins

Chasecollins.png

Chase is the fifth Covenant brother who was long believe to be dead. He killed his adoptive parents and forced his biological father to "will" him his power to become stronger. He is, indeed, the 'evil' brother, and is totally selfish. He is completely addicted to The Power, and is depicted in the film as someone with absolutely no compassion, nor any shred of human or good left in him.

Added details:
Since I'm looking for romantic involvement in the roleplay, we could incorporate that perhaps his murderous character is actually a result of The Power (like an illness/ disease that has taken over him). He could realize he has an addiction, and try to regain his humanity by attending a rehabilitation center. And/or the roleplay can take place with him having already attended rehab - which would have placed him a little bit in touch with his humanity... or whatever is left of it. For the most part, he'd still be a cold, powerful, and rather emotionless character but not as sociapathic enough to be unable to care/love someone.

BUT we can also give another reason as to why he's evil and why he is capable of love now that time has passed. There are many possibilities.

ALSO:
- Original Characters (OCs who are also descendants of witches/warlocks)
- Original Characters of Other supernatural abilities

OC Characters of Mine (to choose from):

1) Mirabelle (Collins)

Mirabelle.jpg

Mirabelle is a paranormal and supernatural investigator. Although human, she devotes her life to travelling the world, trying to unlock the secrets of different supernatural and paranormal myths. Mirabelle was a foster child growing up, and jumped from home to home. At the tender age of 13, Mirabelle was placed in the hands of foster parents who had an older adopted son named Chase Collins. Though, as a stubborn broken teen, she fought with her new foster parents, and after a heated argument, stole their car in order to run away. She was in a brutal car accident, in which she miraculously survived thanks to the help and protection of Chase, who used The Power to save her. The accident left her in a coma for nearly two weeks, but when she awoke – both her foster mother and foster father had died in a tragic car accident – and Chase was no where to be found.

2) Celosia Anastos

COVENANTGIRLFINAL.png

Celosia was born with unique eyes/ irises. She was named Celosia, which means "aflame" in Greek, because it looked like she had "fire in her eyes". Celosia [cell-lo-zia] also uses the nickname "Zia" [Zee-ah], as she does not like her strange Greek name. She was orphaned at the age of 2, when her parents were murdered in their home. Celosia was found at the scene, untouched and unharmed, though the entire house was in shambles - and had the appearance of a home that had been struck by a natural disaster. Despite this, the cause of death of her parents was labeled a homicide, as they were shot both point blank in the head.

Although Celosia's birth parents are of Greek background, her ancestry dates back to the Salem Witch Trials. She, like the Covenant brothers, is a witch who also possesses The Power, but despite having evident abilities, Celosia does not understand who she really is, and what she really possesses. Little does she know, she is the first ever FEMALE descendant of Ipswich to acquire the Power. Because of this, the Power manifests itself differently in Celosia. Rather than her irises changing from normal human appearance to fiery irises to all black sclera; her irises are constantly dark and fiery. When she does use the Power, her sclera turns black, but her fiery irises remain (see above picture). The appearance is evidently inhuman, and in order to hide her superhumanism, she wears green colored contacts on a day to day basis.

Celosia would be anywhere from 17-23 years old, and would be fairly lost in the world/ in life. She wouldn't fit in anywhere, and would struggle with who/what she is. She would travel to Ipswich, where she was born and her parents died, in order to try to figure out just what exactly she is.

3) Vivian Phillips

Vivianhuman-1.png

Vivian is your standard and stereotypical human young adult. She is new in town as her parents moved to Ipswich and enrolled her into Spencer Academy. She would be younger - anywhere from 16 to 18 years old, and would be evidently bored with her life.

Vivian is a gentle and kind character. She embodies innocence, and would never hurt a fly, let alone a person. She is not aggressive in character, which leads to her being taken advantage of at times. She is the “damsel in distress” of my female characters – and is constantly finding herself in trouble/ is a walking recipe for disaster.

4) Verena Salem

Verena.png

Verena appears to be a normal human, although she is a female descendant of the Salem witch trials. Despite her ancestry, she does NOT possess the Power, as only male descendants have acquired this ability. She does, however, possess other superhuman abilities which make her abnormal and unique (can be discussed).

Verena drives a Iron 883 Harley Davidson motorcycle. She is an all around bad ass, and has a dominant and aggressive character. She is extremely feisty, and doesn't take shit from anyone. This most often gets her in trouble, although she is able to fight better than most men – and of course, is well able to handle herself.

5) Giselle Freya

Giselle.jpg

Giselle is a Fae; one who comes from fairy descent and ancestry. Those who are Fae are capable of producing and controlling something referred to as "The Light" (a magical power that is based solely off of good, and not evil). The Light is very powerful when used, although it is difficult to channel and is only able to be used by those with purity, innocence, and good intentions. The Light looks like a bright white energy force most often used to blast enemies, or render them momentarily paralyzed.

Giselle is an observer. She is highly intelligent and prefers to sit, watch, and observe people's interactions rather than socially partake in them. Although she seems quiet, she is actually quite witty, and can dish it out and be quite sassy if she pleases.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

~ PRIVATE MESSAGE me if you're interested ~

RE: The Covenant (2006 film) ROLEPLAYS + Other Supernaturals ~

- V FOR VENDETTA (2005 FILM) -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom