Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

17 Years Later. A New Dark Romance (sispuppet & LaBellaMia)

She smiled. "Exactly...maybe you will learn something," she teased hm and grinned. "Thanks beforehand for the help..." Rhia smiled then pushed the book toward him.

Later that evening Rhia found herself at the dinner table with her parents and Andrew. She was out of her school uniform, wearing a simple tee and jean cut off shorts. Her feet bare, much to her mother's chagrin.

"Did you have a good day?" Caitlin asked curiously, taking a bite if her salmon.

Rhia looked up and shrugged. "Yeah it was...it was alright..." She trailed off and brushed her hair back from her face.

Caitlin looked at her then lowered her fork. She was wearing her choker and a white silk blouse with black pants and heels, her red hair swept up elegantly. "Your father and I were wondering if you wanted to attend the Halstead Ball with us on Saturday. I could take you Friday, we can get you a nice dress. You don't have to go but it would be nice if you attended with us...the Halsteads are close partners with your father."

It was a subtle suggestion but she knew her mother hardly ever asked her to attend anything with them. Balls and dinners were more business related and she knew her dad didn't like men ogling her, or her mother. It must be important if her mother wanted her going. "I...sure...I will go..." She said, knowing James Halstead was one of her worst tormentors at school but her mother obviously wanted her to go.

Caitlin's face brightened and she glanced at her husband and then at her plate, sipping on some red wine. Rhia sighed and then looked at her dad. "Thank you for letting me stay out later dad," she told him gently then bit her bottom lip. After a moment, she decided to speak up. "I...um....I was hoping I could be put on birth control..." She said and her mother nearly choked, quickly moving to cover her mouth.

"Rhia....why on earth would you want birth control..." Her mother asked, almost scandalized. Funny considering the noises she made almost nightly.

Rhia blushed. "Just in case....I want to start dating...I'm seventeen. You had me when you were that age....I...don't see why birth control is a bad thing...."

“Yes, you should be thanking me. Shakespeare… oh, how I hated him in high school.” Andrew says. He smiles as he remembers it not being all bad. Those sonnets could work wonders on girls. They read through the parts quickly enough, wrapping up as it starts to get close to dinner time. Andrew helps his charge back up, brushing himself off and heading to the car. The trip back feels less tense than the one to the school, something that Andrew is quite happy about.

Andrew still feels awkward sitting at the table with the family. He didn’t really belong there. Staying standing nearby would feel more appropriate. The food wasn’t really his thing either. It tasted okay, but he was more used to low quality grease stain leaving burgers and steaks than salmon with grilled vegetables. Not to mention the portions. He could see the late night snacks becoming a daily occurrence for him at this rate. The conversation about the ball is so sophisticated that he wants to put on a top hat and monocle while turning his nose up at them. The thought almost makes him chuckle, but that would be unprofessional. One look to his employer is enough for the wordless conversation. He’d need as much information regarding the location and security as possible to be able to do his job effectively while there.

Andrew’s eyes nearly bulge out, and he feels like the room suddenly got ten degrees hotter. Birth control, why would she bring that up now? She has some sound arguments, but the bodyguard wishes that he wasn’t present for this. He looks over at her. Really, it would be smart, but how far did she expect to get with him constantly hanging around her? It’s not like he was going to leave her alone in a room with some guy. His cheeks blush as he imagines him being there with her instead. Nope, no, that thought won’t do, especially with his employer, her dad, sitting right there next to him. It’s Alex in fact who clears his throat and speaks up. “Rhiannon, this is not appropriate discussion for dinner.” He tells her. “Your mother and I will discuss this in private. We will tell you our decision later.” His tone is stern and commanding. Andrew is quietly thankful for it, keeping his head low to stay out of the whole situation.

Rhia glanced at her father and then sighed, holding back any retort. He'd just given her more freedom than she had in her whole life and she didn't want to jeapordize that by being a smart ass. She finished her meal and pushed the plate aside. "I think I'm going to finish my homework now..."

Caitlin watched her get up and leave the room, no doubt rushing upstairs to the library. She sighed and then turned to her husband before looking back down at her food, finding herself not so hungry anymore either.

Upstairs, Rhia had gathered her books and was in the library as her mother suspected, her macbook open and her eyes looking harsh and focused. She k,new what her father's answer meant. No. He might as well of said it. She'd thought about birth control before and she knew the chances of her ever getting to do anything with anyone were slim to none but she didn't see the big deal about getting it. And she didn't want to be a teen mother. She didn't want to be her mother and have a kid and get married young. She didn't want to live in a huge mansion.

Rhia wanted adventure and a chance to live outside of this place. To go backpacking through Europe or find love and passion and not be looked at like some diseased thing. At school she was the daughter of a gold digging whore and kids liked to taunt her with the incest angle (not that she believed it) and unfortunately, school was her only escape. Was it so bad to want more than this. There was enough money for her to do anything she wanted but she didn't do anything. She went to school, she stayed home, and didn't do anything close to adventerous or truly fun. Her life was a neverending cycle of boredom and being closed up, hidden away from the world except on rare occasions like the Shroud of Turin.

Andrew watches Rhia as she gets up and walks away. With embarrassment, he catches himself staring at her long legs and the way the shorts seemed to fit against her ass perfectly. He quickly focuses on his food again. Clearly, Andrew would need some form of relief soon. Even with her gone, the tension in the room is palpable. The bodyguard finishes his own meal quickly. He gets up, about to excuse himself when Alex looks over to him and speaks up. “What do you think Andrew?” The large man feels like a deer caught in the headlights. It’s a rare thing for him. He looks at his employer, the older man’s eyes piercing his own. He was going to get an answer out of him.

“Uh…” He coughs nervously, avoiding the man’s gaze. This was so far beyond his scope. “Well sir, I mean, she’s your daughter. You know what’s best for her.” Alex wipes his hands before sitting back in the chair and folding his arms. He keeps his eyes focused on Andrew, waiting for the bodyguard to give his real answer. Closing his eyes, Andrew takes a deep breath as he prepares himself. “Well sir, taking a precaution doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll do anything, and it could have other benefits.” He says. “Besides which, I mean, it’s better safe than sorry, isn’t it? Like I mentioned yesterday, she’ll be 18 in a few months. At that point she’ll be making these decisions for herself. At least this way you can assure that she gets the most trusted doctor giving her the best medication available for her, instead of whatever she finds on her own.” Alex closes his eyes and rubs his temples before waving Andrew off, telling him to go. Caitlin is already getting up and moving to her husband’s side as Andrew turns and leaves.

Back upstairs, he quickly locates the library, finding Rhia deep in her studies. “Ms. Jacobs.” He calls out, knocking on the doorframe. “I just wanted to tell you that I’ll be in the gym if you needed me, just hit the intercom button, or the emergency button on your cell and I’ll respond right away.” He turns around to leave before stopping and calling out to his charge behind him. “Look, just give your dad time. It can be a hard thing to swallow, knowing your daughter is becoming all grown up. What you asked for came as a shock to him, but don’t give up hope that he’ll come around.” With that he retreats to his room. The man changes quickly into a pair of sweatpants and a grey t-shirt before heading back to the gym. He goes to the treadmill first, setting it up to reach the max incline and speed in the shortest time possible. In no time at all the man is pushing the limits of the machine, sweat sticking his shirt to him as he runs.

Rhiannon looked at him and then nodded before looking down to her books again. When she finished her homework, she made her way to the gym, pausing at the door. She was going to tell him that she was going to bed but found herself caught watching him as he ran on the treadmill. The power in his body was certainly visible, his muscles flexing as he ran as fast as the machine seemed to allow and the shirt he wore sticking to his body, outlining his chest and washboard abs. He was built well, not so muscled that he looked like a body builder but enough that it showed. Heat stabbed through her in a way she hadn't ever felt before and she sucked in a breath before quickly turning away from the door. Her cheeks were burning so hot she was sure they would burst into flames and she had to shake off the feeling. He was way to old for her. She didn't need a crush on him. Or to lust after him. It was weird and wrong. After all, he was her bodyguard and how stupid was it to have the cliche of crushing on a bodyguard.

Groaning softly, she made her way back toward her room and entered quickly, shutting the door and drawing in a deep breath before deciding on a shower. Surely that would sort her out. Drown the thoughts that were in her head of her nearly shirtless bodyguard with his sweating muscles and tattoos. Another stab of heat went through her and she shook it off. No. No she would not do this.

After gathering her pajamas she was headed toward her bathroom when there was a knock at her door. Pausing, she walked to it and saw her mother on the other side of the frame.

"Can I come in?" she asked and Rhia nodded, slowly stepping back so her mother could enter. The older woman sank down on the edge of the bed and Rhia walked to her, feeling her mother's hands frame her face. "You've grown up on me baby girl. I don't know when it happened...You were supposed to stay little forever..." She smiled then sighed. "Is there a particular boy you want to date? Is that why you asked?"

Rhia flushed and her mind went swiftly to the image of Andrew Evans before she shook her head. "No...nothing like that. I just like the idea of being ready...in case something happens...you know...not that I'm going to get much of a dating life with Mr. Evans around. It would be akward dating anyone with a bodyguard watching your every move. Mom...why is dad like this?" she asked, sinking down beside her.

"He's always been protective baby. But you're his little girl. His only child...and he doesn't want anything bad to happen to you. I don't either. I know you and I, we aren't as close as we used to be but I love you with all my heart and I want you happy...I talked to your dad...he's old fashioned so you have to give him time Rhia...but I think he'll agree. I'd prefer it if you waited until you were engaged or married to have sex, but that's not a realistic expectation. Just make sure when you have your first time, you're ready. In love...and even if you are on birth control it doesn't mean you should be promiscuous. You're father, he's the only man I've ever been with. I want that to be with you too. Something once and forever you know..." Her face sort of went awestruck for a moment before turning back to her daughter, kissing her cheek. "I love you Rhia...you're still my little girl..."

Rhia looked at her and then gave a gentle smile before looking down. "Did you know dad was the one when you saw him?" she asked softly.

"No...actually...but it grew and it grew so strong it was unlike anything I ever felt. He and I, despite our age difference, are soulmates. There hasn't ever been a time when I considered being with someone else...Just...give him time...and ease up on him. Okay baby girl? Just do this for me and I'm sure he'll agree."

Rhia nodded and then gave her a hug, kissing her cheek before watching her leave after goodnights were spoken and then she got up, moving toward the shower, once again full of thoughts of her bodyguard in the gym. She pushed the intercom button and told him she was getting in the shower and then going to bed, leaving it at that before turning on the hot water.

Andrew notices Rhia come in, though he tries not to let it break his concentration. He may have started to run a little faster, moving his muscles in a more defined manner just because of the girl watching him. He wouldn’t admit to doing it, of course. He’s a bit disappointed to see her leave, but knows it’s for the best. She was distracting him in a way that really wasn’t appropriate, and he needed time to clear his head and work out some of this extra energy and frustration. Hopping off the treadmill, he moves onto weight training. Andrew is in the middle of lifting it up when a voice comes over the intercom. Rhia announcing that she was taking a shower nearly makes him drop the bar. Why did she have to share that information with him?!

Alex tries to get back into his workout routine, lifting the weight as high as he could. An image flashes in his mind of hot water running down the teen’s perfect body, and he’s nearly crushed again. “Dammit…” He mutters to himself as he puts it back and sits up, wiping the sweat off his face before getting up. Immediately he notices his other problem, and rolls his eyes at the ceiling. Laying the towel across his lap, Andrew sits down and forces himself to think about anything that would calm him down. Baseball, stupid jokes, his boss firing him for having an erection while watching the man’s daughter.

Once his boner finally subsides, Andrew stands up and heads into the kitchen. The staff is gone, and everyone else seems to have retired for the night. Feeling especially hungry today, the bodyguard prepares the largest sandwich he can make, if it could technically be called that anymore. Grabbing a pickle along with it and pouring himself some more lemonade, he finds his seat at the counter, burying his face in his hands for a minute to calm his thoughts before getting started on devouring the meal he made.

Rhia couldn't sleep. She was tossing and turning and found herself so hot that the covers felt to heavy. Missie was so pissed off she had curled up in her little bed in the corner of the room. With a sigh, she tore off the covers, feeling that achiness between her legs still and then swallowing before deciding there was only one way she was ever going to get any sleep. Slowly, she lifted her tank top up and her hand slipped beneath the waistband of her pajama bottoms. It wasn't often that she did this but she was to hot and bothered to sleep. More hot and bothered than she could ever remember.

Her slender fingers moved down her stomach and then she could feel her sex, hot and wet without a single touch and her clit already swollen. She took a deep breath, her head filled with images of thrusting and twisting bodies in a bed, like a sex scene in a movie replaced with herself and Andrew Evans. SHe could imagine it to. The feel of his skin on hers, even if she'd never felt it, the way he would look at her with a mixture of possession and tenderness as she slammed into her.

Her fingers spread the lips of her sex and one finger dipped into her before she just focused on her clit. Every imagined thrust, she stroked herself, rocking her hips against her hand. Her other hand dove beneath the waistband of her pajama bottoms and a single finger slipped into herself and she thrusted it in and out, stroking her clit and moaning softly, getting lost in the fantasy, her breasts aching and tingling. She blew out deep breaths, bringing herself closer and closer to orgasm and the images in her head of the two of their bodies in a tangle of limbs had her careening off the edge. She turned her head, biting her pillow as her insides clenched around that single finger and her pussy flooded with her essence and then she pulled her hands back and then turned over on her stomach, falling asleep almost immediately after now that her body was sated.

Andrew heads back to his room. At least now that his stomach was filled with delicious food, one of his urges was sated. He walks past his employer’s room hastily. The sound coming from there does nothing to help his ongoing problem. There’s no mistaking the sound of something being slapped. He could only imagine what the two got up to. Truth be told, he didn’t even want to do that much. Thinking about their two bodies together, doing things that left some marks while crying out each other’s names. His few experiences had barely been a step beyond vanilla, but he knew he would love to try some things out.

He walks over to Rhia’s room next, listening through the door to make sure she’s asleep. The sounds that fill his ears turn them red, and the erection that Andrew had managed to calm down was back in full force. Okay she was… loud, and passionate, and oh yeah, he needed to get away fast. He runs over to his room, not stopping until he’s in the bathroom. He entertained, for the briefest of seconds, the idea of going through his connecting door into Rhia’s room, claiming to have heard strange sounds. That wouldn’t end well for him at all. He strips himself naked quickly, and it takes all of two strokes to shoot a large jet of hot white cum into the toilet. As Andrew cleans up, he can’t shake the feeling of shame that fills him up. Shame because there was only one thing on his mind as he came. Rhiannon.

Sleep doesn’t come particularly easy to him, but Andrew is still up and ready to move at the correct time. He showers quickly, but takes care to clean himself up properly. It wouldn’t do to smell of sweat. As he leaves the room though, he runs into Rhia walking out for breakfast as well. “Oh, Ms. Jacobs, uh, good morning.” He tells her before straightening up and trying to look professional. Was it just him, or did she seem a bit nervous as well. Breakfast goes by quietly this morning. It’s Thursday, meaning the last school day for her week. Caitlin mentions taking Rhia dress shopping later. The one thing not brought up though, is Rhiannon’s request from last night. Something Andrew is rather thankful for.

Rhia looked at him as they stepped out nearly at the same time and flushed. "Morning," she said then put on a bright smile before making her way downstairs, pretending to be carefree, even though that stab of heat had returned, swirling low in her belly. Breakfast was it's usual self and she nodded at her mother's suggestion before finishing her French toast and fresh fruit.

Once outside with Andrew, she glanced at him. "Evans, I thought you were going to start calling me Rhia," she said, sinking down into the passenger seat and buckling up, her stack of books in her lap. Had he heard her last night? The thought made her blush. She wasn't used to someone in the next room when she was trying to orgasm. In all it was probably the third time she had ever done it though it had been the most powerful orgasm she had ever experienced. God, she hoped like hell he hadn't heard her moaning. That would be far to embarrassing, especially since it was an orgasm with a fantasy about them.

Andrew climbs into the car, but stays quiet, trying to focus on the road. He still felt ashamed about what he heard and did last night. It was inappropriate. She was too young, and he was supposed to keep her safe, not be a potential danger. “I’m sorry ma’am. I’ll try to keep that in mind. I’m just not used to it.” He tells her. Becoming more familiar wouldn’t help him here. No, he’d have to stay professional. You know she’s a virgin. The thought nearly makes him swerve. Where the hell did that come from?! Talk about inappropriate. He had to control himself. Maybe he should look into some time off soon and find a proper way to blow off steam.

He walks Rhiannon to her first class, finding her English teacher there to greet them. Maybe it’s just his imagination, but she seems to be wearing a tighter blouse than yesterday, and he can smell a hint of perfume. He smiles and greets her politely as Rhia walks in. The teacher tries to make a bit of idle conversation, but Andrew has to keep an eye on his charge, and soon enough the bell rings anyways. Any other time, he’d take the hints and be more than happy to flirt with her, but that would only get in the way of the job he’s supposed to be doing. Once class is under way, Alex leans back to so that he wasn’t in sight of the window, but could still peek in on his charge.

His gaze turns over to her locker as he sees someone walking over to it. It’s some boy, probably close to Rhia’s age, as far as he can tell. He would be attractive with his blonde hair and green eyes, but the sly look he’s trying to pull off makes him almost rat like. There’s a paper in his hand that he’s about to slide in through the slot. Well, Andrew’s job is to protect her. Harmful words could be as bad as any punch. He moves quickly, grabbing the kid’s wrist and ripping the paper from his hand. He sees the message, the same one from yesterday calling her an inbred slut, printed on it. The boy sneers at him, ordering the bodyguard to let him go, and asking if he has any idea who his father is. “I don’t particularly care. I’ll make one thing very clear though. The next time you try to slip a sheet in like this, you’ll be digesting it.” He lets go of the boy’s wrist, pushing him back. He scowls at Andrew, but runs back to class when the bodyguard steps towards him. Scoffing at how pathetic the kid is, Andrew heads back to his post, peeking in and pleased to find Rhia still sitting there working.

"Are you okay Evans? You seem...distracted," Rhia said sometime later. Tamra was out sick and Leah had opted to eat lunch at school so it was just the two of them at the nearby cafe. She sipped on her water before breaking off a piece of bread to dip it into her broccoli and cheese soup. As she munched on the piece of bread, her brown eyes observed him. It was a trait acquired from her father where she observed and evaluated until she was sure that she had figure it out. He was a difficult subject however, his face not as expressive as a lot of people. Like her mother. A woman who wore her emotions on her face like people wore shirts. Rhia knew she was much the same but she could observe another and size the, up. Andrew Evans was different. Obviously protective but why would a man want a job protecting a seventeen year old girl and leave himself no privacy or time away?

"Fess up," she smirked. "You have barely looked at me, in the eye, since you woke up this morning. Are you okay?" She asked, brushing her hair back from her face and then slipping her fingers through her hair. Today she wore it loose and it framed her face, straight as a board without the bouncing curls of her mother. Just straight and boring and ordinary.

Andrew had luckily not gotten in trouble for the incident in the hall. Likely the boy just wasn’t going to admit to being caught so easily. The other classes had gone by without incident, and before he knew it, they were heading out to his car so he could take her to lunch. The café really wouldn’t be where he normally chose to go. Still, the food was good, and getting to sit outside and enjoy the weather was nice. He notices how Rhia seems to be observing him, watching his face and trying to read him. There was no way he was about to let the girl on his thoughts though. Those needed to stay hidden away with him forever.

“I’m fine, honest.” He tries to reassure her while looking around to keep an eye out for any possible dangers. The only one that seemed like it could even be a possibility was her choking, and he didn’t see that happening. “I’ve just had some things on my mind, but I assure you that I’m okay Ms. Jacobs.” He leans back in his chair, his eyes focusing down the street. “Besides, I’m your bodyguard. I should be making sure you’re okay. I found the guy slipping those notes in your locker. You won’t need to worry about those anymore.” He sips the sweet tea he has and tries to change the subject. “Enjoying your classes so far?” He asks, wondering how they were going.

"Rhia...not Miss Jacobs," she said then took another sip of water before shrugging. "And my classes are just as they always are. You didn't have to stop him from stuffing notes in my locker. I'm pretty much used to it. I've had two years of bull from those kids at school...Stopping one idiot from stuffing notes in my locker isn't going to help me much...but thanks. I suppose it'll be nice not finding insults falling to the floor every time I open it up." She shrugged and then looked down, knowing she wasn't going to get anything out of him, at least for the moment.

"Well mom wants us to meet her in the city so I can get a dress and while we're in the city, we should get you a tuxedo. A business slash secret service suit is fine and all but a tux makes it a little better you know," she smiled then finished up her bowl of soup and then got up, pushing in her chair and moving to pay for their lunch, leaving ten on the table before looking at him. "Ready to go?"

“It’s a start. No one deserves that, especially not you. If I can get them to stop making the comments, then I’ll do that as well.” Andrew sits back when he realizes that he had been leaning in while talking. As they get up, he sees her pay and clenches his jaw. It would be rude to make her take her money back now. Next time he’ll be faster, he assures himself. They head back to the car as he thinks about her suggestion of wearing a tux. Suits were uncomfortable enough as it was. He could only imagine how uncomfortable this party would be. On the bright side, he wouldn’t have to dance. “It would interfere with my duties.” The perfect excuse.

The rest of the school day doesn’t see them running into any problems. Well, not in the classes at least. There’s now new remarks spreading around, and Andrew realizes that he’s the cause. Don’t mess with Rhia or her boyfriend will get you. I heard he broke a guy’s arm just for saying hi to her. Guess the princess is too good to deal with people herself. The bodyguard’s glares aren’t helping matters at all, and now he’s worried that he’s just made things worse for her. Once they leave the school and get back to his car, he hesitates and looks over at his charge apologetically. “I’m sorry about that.” He tells her, feeling like he let her down somehow.

She had heard the comments and it was just another layer of annoying, especially without either of her best friends there. By the time school ended, she was just ready to leave and ignored the whispering and snickers as she made her way to his car. Once inside, she looked at him and then sighed. "No...don't be. Screw them...Just...don't make faces at them or glares...you know the kind that says shut it. It's just going to make it worse. Thank you though, for at least getting them to stop with the notes. For now..."

She trailed off, letting him drive her into the city where her mother was waiting at a high end formal wear boutique with designs by all the famous designers. Entering the shop, her mother was looking at a few display gowns before she turned and smiled. "There you are...I was just about to call...now I already had a few picked out...you know, beautiful but conservative. I don't want your father to have an aneurysm so no slits, and nothing strapless or lowcut..."

"Yeah mom...I know..." she said, looking at the selections her mother had chosen, scrunching up her nose at the pink and purple and white gowns she'd selected and then moved around the shop before sighing. "Nothing black I guess..." she said and her mother smirked.

"I didn't say that but being as you're just as pale as me, black will make you look white as a sheet. Maybe something green or pink. Pastels look good on you because of your hair...let's not go goth for Saturday hmm?" she smiled and then watched her daughter walk around the shop.

Rhia sighed and then pursed her lips as she walked around. Dresses weren't really her thing. She grabbed a couple of different designs that were dad approved then went back toward the dressing room. Caitlin glanced at Andrew and smiled.

"If you could just give us a few minutes...thank you for the patience," she said in advance before moving back to help Rhia pick out a gown. It took about an hour before she was finished with the dress being taken to the back and tailored for a perfect fit and then Caitlin was saying she would meet them back at the house for dinner, leaving in her personal car.

"Ugh...dress shopping...and high heels. I hate both," Rhia groaned as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail and then folded her school blazer over her arm before giving him a grin. "I still think you should get a tux. It's not to late. I'm sure you'd look rather dashing and it's such a shame my English teacher won't be there to see it. I swear that woman was one button away from showing everything," she giggled.

Andrew had never felt more out of place than he did in a high end dress boutique. The man towered over everything. He got plenty of odd looks, and people walking around him nervously. Most of what was said by Rhia and her mother sound like bees buzzing to him. Black would have looked nice on her he thought, though maybe not? It might give her a weird look. Why was he so disappointed at the news of no slits or low cuts? Well, he knew why, but he was just going to push that thought away. Finally it looks like a decision is made, and a dress is purchased, though Andrew wasn’t paying attention to what it was. For once, surveillance was the more fun task to be doing.

“No, I’m sorry, but I don’t think a tux will really work for me. Besides, my outfit will be specially fitted.” In truth, he would rather she had some Kevlar on her as well but at that isn’t exactly at the top of the fashion charts for parties. So he settles for what protection he can provide by wearing one himself. They start to walk out when what she said leaves him flustered. “What? No, that’s, of course she shouldn’t, she was dressed just fine today.” It’s a good thing he realized that he had been pushing the pull door in time, or he may have walked out the glass without a second though. “That’s no way to talk about your teacher anyways. Respect for your elders is important.” He lectures as they get back to the car, his ears clearly red with embarrassment.

With it nearing dinner time, he drives them back to the house, figuring he could take her out somewhere later if she wanted. They have a bit of time to themselves before they would have to go to the dining room, so Andrew makes a suggestion. “Would you like to get some studying done in the library? I’ll help you out as much as I can before supper. After that, we can find out what you want to do.” He tells her, walking up the first couple of steps before waiting for her response.

"Studying sounds great...thanks. And after dinner, you can do whatever. I don't plan on going out tonight. Maybe you could have the night off. I'm sure if you spoke to dad about it, he would agree. I'm not leaving the house and I will probably be asleep before ten," Rhia said simply then smiled, making her way inside, books in hand.

----------

Rhiannon sighed as she looked at her reflection. Her hair was swept behind her, curled and the front strands pinned with a flower that was white as snow. The dress itself was beautiful with a square neckline and empire waist that cinched her slender figure and showed no cleavage. Even if it was to her day's standards, it was still a dress that fit her form nicely, flowing out from under the empire waistline. The platinum colored designs on the bodice matched her simple silver necklace with an aquamarine butterfly and the sleeves only improved the look of her slender upper build, being slightly askew and nearly off the shoulder.

Ball gowns and parties like this truly were not her thing but she would do this, if only to make her mom happy. The woman hardly ever asked anything of her. It was only fair that she agree to go. Making her way downstairs after a final adjustment, she found her mother and father already waiting. Her mother in a beautiful dark green gown with silver accents and her father wearing his finest tuxedo. Her mother glanced up and smiled.

"You certainly look beautiful," her mother smiled proudly and Rhia gave a gentle smile before glancing toward Evans and then back at her parents.

"Thanks mom...." She cleared her throat. "Are we ready to go?" She asked and Caitlin nodded. "We shall take the limo. Mr. Evans will follow behind us....in his own vehicle. Now....lets go ahead to the Halsteads, we are already running late." Rhiannon nodded and then glanced at Evans for a second time before making her way down to the limo that sat waiting for them in the drive.

Once arrived, her parents went on inside and she entered with her bodyguard, finding the opulence and finery almost excessive. Gold rimmed champagne glasses, a private orchestra playing music. It was like a cutout of a Disney princess movie. She glanced at Evans and smiled. "Fancy isn't it? The Halsteads enjoy showing off their immense wealth with these sort of things."

Andrew didn’t go out that night, or the following one either. Maybe one day he’d take up the offer for the night off, but it didn’t feel like the kind of thing to do on his first week. He knew he’d need one soon though. The two nights were spent like the one before them. He tried to exercise the thoughts away, and when that failed, he took to going to the bathroom and taking care of it the old fashioned way. It hadn’t gotten in the way of his job yet, so he stopped worrying about it as much. Any heterosexual man would be attracted to her. That didn’t mean he was going to act on it, or couldn’t control himself though.

He waits patiently downstairs in the foyer. The suit was a bit nicer than his standard one, though with a bit of extra padding thanks to the vest underneath it. He double checks his side arm, ever present against him. There would be other security there tonight, so he doubted it would be needed. When he hears the women heading down the stairs, Andrew turns to look, and his jaw just about hits the floor. Rhia looked absolutely stunning. The elegant dressed suited her, and despite it not being made to look sexual, he still could not help but find her alluring. He barely manages to compose himself in time before attention is brought to him. Nodding in agreement, he already knew the plan. Instead of riding in the limo, he would follow close behind in his car, just in case it was needed.

It felt weird walking in with Rhia. Everyone else was entering with their dates or their spouses, but here he was, towering over the small woman and moving side by side with her. It felt like he should hold his arm out for her or something, though he decides against that. The place looked even fancier than Alex’s, though his employer didn’t exactly look impressed by it all. Was it all just a show to make a statement? That seemed like a waste, but then, what did he know about this kind of stuff? As they walk over to greet the hosts, Andrew’s jaw tightens. He recognized that kid. He wore his suit well, and the smile on his face actually made him look approachable. The bodyguard still saw the annoying coward who was shoving insulting letters into Rhia’s locker. Andrew steps a bit closer to Rhiannon, instinctively feeling more protective of her. He wouldn’t be greeting the Halsteads. That wasn’t his place. Instead, he steps to one side when Rhia reaches them, staying out of her way as she gets through the polite welcomes. The boy, James, even goes as far as to take her hand and give it a kiss, like he wasn’t constantly mocking her at school. Andrew feels his temper flare up, but controls it. He couldn’t jump in unless she needed it. Trying to pummel the kid for kissing her hand wouldn’t be doing anyone any favors.

The Halsteads, Miriam and Henry, were nice enough, at least on the surface but Rhia knew that Mr. Halstead and her dad only got along on the business side of things. They weren't very personable friends and she didn't doubt that James got all his insults from his parents. Even so, she put on that smile, greeting them all directly and then James was kissing her hand. It would be rude to jerk back and so she allowed it. He kept hold of her hand as he greeted her and she smiled politely before managing to disentangle herself and then moved on through the room. Her parents were talking with a couple and already had their champagne in hand. Her mother taking that subservient stone, not speaking unless directly spoken to.

"Rhiannon...." The voice made her turn and she saw one of her other classmates, Luke Forrester. He was certainly cute with dark hair and glasses. He was friends with a few of her tormentors but he had never directly teased her or picked on her and had been generally nice.

"Oh...hi....Luke," she said, clearing her throat.

"Fancy party huh?" He said, giving a smile and she offered a small one in return.

"Yeah. Nothing but the best...." She agreed then bit her bottom lip. "Oh...Luke, this is....my bodyguard Andrew Evans....Evans this is Luke Forrester. He goes to school with me....we don't have any classes together though. Luke's father is a tech wiz, and owns a software company..." He smirked then looked to Evans, holding out his hand for a shake before drawing back once it was done.

"Sir," he greeted then looked at Rhiannon. "Do you want to dance?"

Rhiannon's eyes widened. "Me? Dance? I dunno...I mean...um..." She trailed off and then nodded. She couldn't believe he had asked her to dance. "But wait....won't your friends be upset...I mean..."

"Ah screw them. They are getting drunk off of some snuck in whiskey. They won't remember. Besides....I want to dance with the prettiest girl in the room," he smiled. She blushed and then smiled before slowly taking his offered hand to go dance. As he took her to the dance floor, she put her hand on his shoulder, the other firmly clasped in his hand and his hand moved to her waist, high enough up to be considered decent. He was smiling at her and being nice, making jokes about the people around them. She smiled and laughed and felt herself blushing. She was so unused to a guy paying her attention like this. Like one interested in her.

He danced with her, not once but twice and everyone else seemed to melt away as she talked with him. As they talked, she became unaware of where they were going and she just walked with him, forgetting everything around her.

"I don't get it. Why are you being so nice to me? I mean, you don't say things at school but you don't try to stop it either."

Luke sighed. "Yeah, I am a bit of a jerk aren't I? I was picked on a lot by those jerk offs growing up and well...I don't want to be on that side of them. My advice, just ignore them. Makes things easier and eventually they will find a new target. Don't let it show that you are bothered. They hate that," he grinned.

She smiled and looked down. "Yeah, I guess..." She said then bit her bottom lip, realizing they had moved away from the party and were walking into a library. She frowned, turning as he shut the door. "I should probably get back down to the party," she said then headed toward the door but he stopped her.

"Just relax...." He smiled at her and then she heard someone behind her.

"Yeah, just relax...." It was James Halstead and when he reached for her, she tensed. This was bad. Really bad. She turned and looked at him then heard Luke chuckle.

"Way to easy to get you alone. Hey, you owe me..." He offered his hand out toward James who handed over five hundred dollars.

"Now get the fuck out..." James said and Rhiannon took a run for it but James managed to grab her as Luke disappeared out of the room, locking the door behind him. She swallowed hard and then looked at James as he started to loosen his jacket.

"You are a slut aren't you..." He grinned then stepped toward her. She darted his touch.

"Let me the fuck out..." She ordered, taking steps back as he moved toward her.

"Helll no. I got Luke to bring you here for one thing. A slut like you won't mind if I take a piece. Especially without that giant fucker hovered over you...." He lunged for her then and she squeaked, managing to escape and land a punch, tripping over her dress as she moved toward the door and crying out as he slammed on top of her, turning her onto her back and ripping at her dress. His mouth mashed down on hers and he was large enough and built enough to hold her down even as she squirmed and fought and hit. She bit on his lip and cried out when he moved up and backhanded her hard across the cheek. She was so stunned that she laid motionless for a moment as he jerked up her dress and ripped at her panties. She looked at him, watching him undo his pants and then slammed her knee up, causing him to rollover, off of her, cupping himself. She scrambled up and the moved toward the door, looking for the spare skeleton key then crying out when he yanked her by the hair, slamming her down onto her stomach and moving on top of her, pushing up her dress. She panicked, trying to move away but he was bigger than she was, and stronger and her efforts were proving fruitless.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Where did she go? He was just watching her! When they arrived, things seemed to be going well. Andrew had stayed close to Rhia as was acceptable, but then she started talking to a boy. They guy seemed nice enough, and then when they got to dancing, the bodyguard could see that Rhia looked happy. Despite the pang of jealousy that he felt, Andrew stepped back to watch from a distance. Things should be fine if they stayed down here. If Rhia found herself someone she liked and could date, then he wasn’t going to get in the way. He could almost imagine them sitting in the back seat while he drove the two to a movie theater, throwing popcorn at the two every time they tried to make out. It wouldn’t be normal, but she deserved that much at least.

A server comes up holding a try of champagne, asking the bodyguard if he cares for one. Andrew stared at the man offering him a drink in surprise and shakes his head. That was odd. He was hanging out alone by the wall. There’s no way the staff didn’t realize he wasn’t a guest. Two more men come up, this time offering what looks like quiche and pâté. He takes one quiche, if only to get them to go away. Before his eyes can find Rhia again though, another three servers come up this time. “Step away, now.” He growls angrily, not in the mood for whatever game this was. His eyes widen as he scans the room and can’t find Rhia. Her parents are busy talking and looking bored, so then where did she go? He walks out of the room. Away from the music, he looks over to the stairs, and hears a door closing upstairs.

Andrew makes a run for the steps, and sees the boy Rhia had been dancing with walking down the stairs with a smug look on his face and some money in his hand. Andrew grabs him by the neck and holds him against the wall. The smug look disappears. The bodyguard doesn’t say a word. It’s not needed. The boy nearly pisses himself as he tells Andrew where to find her. Andrew lets go, letting the boy fall to the floor and crawl away. From there, the bodyguard practically jumps the last few steps and charges down the hall. He hears a smack from the other side of the large wooden door. Andrew doesn’t know what the exact material it was made from, but it hardly mattered. The first hit loosened it, the second sent him through in a rain of splinters.

He sees Rhia on the floor, her dress pushed up to expose more of her than there should be. On top of her, looking up at him with surprise and fear was the Halstead boy. Anger flashes, and any hope that Andrew had of staying in control was gone. He yells, grabbing James by the throat and throwing him at a wall like he’s a rag doll. As James hits it, Andrew is already there, holding him up with one hand while the other one moves to get his gun. Someone shouts for Andrew to drop him. Three men are in the room now, all training their own guns at Andrew’s back. He ponders for a moment if he can take them, but in the end does what they say. He lets go of the kid, letting him fall to the floor, sniveling. James tries to jump up to run away, but trips and ends up crawling behind one of the guards. Andrew crouches down and helps Rhia fix her dress. “Are you okay?” He asks, worried that she might have been hurt.

Likely half the party showed up at the commotion. The Halsteads and the Jacobs are at the front. Alex steps forward, asking what happened. Andrew was never one to mix words. He glares at James as he recounts the parts he knew about. James and his father both start shouting, calling the man a liar. James only makes it worse by saying that Rhia snuck away and led him upstairs, where she came on to him. He refused of course, and after that happened, she called her bodyguard to punish him. Andrew has just about enough of the kid’s lies. Keeping Rhia behind him, he steps forward before Alex calls out. “Andrew, take Rhia home.” His tone is even, calm, and cold. Andrew isn’t sure what to make of it. He nods and puts a hand around her shoulder as he leads the girl away.

Outside, he takes his jacket off and puts it around her. He’d have done it earlier, but showing his gun would have just made the situation worse, he figures. Walking her to the car, he waits until she’s seated and strapped in before getting into his side. They drive a short bit before Andrew speaks up. “I’m sorry Ms. Jacobs.” He tells her, feeling like he let the girl down. “I should have kept a closer eye, gotten to you sooner. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.”

Rhia was in a state of shock. Her dress was ruined. Ripped in several places and a bruise was forming on her cheek where James had backhanded her. All those people saw her and she could see they believed James, see it in their faces and it only made it worse. When Andrew helped her up and protected her, she closed her eyes, and lowered her head and then heard her fsther's cold and calm voice. Outside photographers were snapping pictures and she just kept her head down, taking Andrew's jacket before crawling into the car. She doesn't say anything at all, to afraid that if she speaks, she will burst into tears.

At his apology, she looked at him then looked down. "I wasn't paying attention. He was being nice....no one is ever nice to me but he was. I should have known it was a trick," she said then felt a tear roll down her cheek. Then it turned into full fledged sobs. "It isn't your fault...." She covers her face with her hands. "I don't know why I didn't see...I fell for it. I'm so stupid....and now it's going to be all over. They believed him, not me....I was stupid and now everyone will think I'm a whore....I thought he really liked me...and I was just a stupid bet..." She sucked in a breath then shook her head, laying her face in her hands, crying softly.

Even as the car came to a stop at the house, she made no move to get out. She just wanted to collapse into a puddle and never get back up. "I don't understand. I haven't done anything to deserve being called a slut or a whore. And just when I think maybe I will fit in, it is just a stupid bet. I hate it. I hate hm...I hate them both for doing this. It's not fair...dad's going to take me out of school. I know it. He is going to put me in this house and keep me under lock and key forever. Especially now..." She sobbed softly and then drew her head between her knees after putting her heels up on the edge of the seat.

Andrew's heart breaks when he listens to Rhiannon speak. How was this him keeping her safe. There isn't much he can do at all, and it's killing him. "No one believes that guy." He tries to reassure her. "They saw what state you were in. They'd be idiots to take his word over yours. They just don't want to rush in on accusing him." He doesn't know what to say beyond that. She had gotten into a bind because she wanted to trust someone. She couldn't be blamed for that. It wasn't her fault that someone managed to take advantage of her need for being accepted. He reaches his hand out to touch hers, but pulls back.

With the car parked in the house, he waits patiently as the minutes move, even though Rhia doesn't. Finally, he sees no other choice. Getting out of the car, he moves over to her side and opens the door. Andrew unbuckles the seat belt for her before he picks her up with ease. Holding her in one arm, he closes the door before carrying the young woman protectively and heads inside. The Manor is empty, Alex having given everyone the night off. Andrew takes care of the alarm before walking them up the stairs. He goes over to Rhia's room, dropping her off on the bed.

The girl's cat jumps up, moving over to Rhia and cuddling against her, purring softly. Andrew reaches out and scratches the cat's chin, letting it nuzzle his hand. "I'll try to talk to your father. If you still want to go to the school, I'll try to see what I can do. Maybe at least I could get him to let your friends come over or something." It wasn't much of a ressurance, but it was the best he could offer her right now. Their eyes meet, and he catches himself staring, wanting to comfort her in other ways. Standing up quickly, he walks around the bed. Coughing nervously, he tries to look anywhere but at her. "I'll leave you to get some rest. The door between us is unlocked from your side, and I'll be in my room." He explains to her in his most professional tone. "Do you need anything else?" Andrew asks his charge.

"No....thank you," she said, looking at him, brushing her hair back from her face. She wanted to just be held but that would be unprofessional of him to hold her close. Or kiss her. The thought made her blush and she swallowed before taking Missie into her lap. Once Andrew was gone, she got up and then walked to the mirror, taking down her hear, seeing bruises on her arms beginning to form, and the one on her cheek where he had slapped her. She took off the dress and went straight to the shower, turning on the water until it was almost scalding then went inside of it and scrubbed herself raw before getting out and putting on dark blue pajamas then curling up on the bed. She was nearly asleep when she heard the sound of footsteps headed toward her room. Soft and light, most definitely her mother. She turned over onto her side, her back to the door, listening as her mother opened that door and slowly walked across the room to her.

"Rhia....baby girl....are you okay?" She asked softly, stroking her cheek and hair. Rhia turned and looked at her and saw her mother taking in the forming bruised before drawing her close and just holding her tightly. "I'm sorry baby..." Her mother soothed then glanced up at her husband and sighed before looking back at Rhiannon,, kissing her hair and just comforting her the best way she knew how.

Andrew nods hesitantly before turning and leaving through the door that connects their rooms. He closes the door behind him and walks over to his bed, sitting on it. His jacket is still on Rhiannon, he realizes. Well, that wasn't a problem. As long as the girl is comfortable, he'd do what he could. He wasn't kidding himself though. He wanted to be in there, holding her in her arms, comforting her in a way that he hasn't comforted a woman in a long time. Sighing, he stands up and makes his way around the room. He couldn't comfort her. He couldn't protect her. By midnight, he expected to be out of a job. All he had left to do was pack his things.

Andrew hears Alex and his wife arrive. They're in Rhia's room, and he can hear the mother comforting her daughter. To his surprise, Alex walks over to his room and sits in the chair at his desk, holding his head as though he was in pain. He looks up and sees the pack. Raising an eyebrow, Andrew's employer looks to him. "Going somewhere?" He asks. Andrew just looks at the floor, feeling ashamed. "Mr. Evans, you aren't fired." He tells him. "Without you, who knows what may have happened to my daughter tonight." He sounds tired and annoyed. "I shook that bastard's hand, and he let his son... He had wanted that boy to intern at one of my companies after he graduated. I won't let that thing within ten feet of the mail room." Alex shakes his head, and lets out a heavy breath. "You kept my daughter safe, and she actually seems to get along with you. Unpack your things Andrew and keep doing a good job, or you're fired."

Andrew lets out the breath he was holding and nods. "Yes sir, I'll do better. I promise something like this won't happen again." He assures him. As the man gets up to leave, Andrew calls out to him. "Um sir..." Alex stops and turns to look at the bodyguard. "About your daughter, I was just wondering. Will she be staying in the school? I know you might be worried, but if you take her out, I think that would only hurt her more." He's quick to apologize, worried he spoke out of line. "I'm sorry, of course I have no place to tell you what to do. You want to keep her safe. I understand that. She's your only child after all." Maybe it's just Andrew's imagination, but he swears that it looks like Alex grits his teeth at those words.

Alex slowly nods. "No, I won't take her out of school. Like you said. It would only make things worse. I'm not punishing her for the actions of some little scumbag." He thinks about it for a moment. "I will be talking to the school though, to keep James and his friends away from her. I trust you'll be helping with that. Don't be afraid to get rough if you think you can get away with it." With that, Alex turns and walks out, leaving Andrew feeling relieved.

She had fallen asleep with her mother curled around her and had woken up lane. Rhiannon sighed, and slowly got out of bed, tugging on a fresh bra, t-shirt and jeans before putting make u on to cover up the bruise. It was Sunday so no school, if she was even allowed to go back. The only thing she did know was that Andrew got to keep her job. For which she was relieved. It didn't seem fair for him to be fired because of her mistake. She was beginning to wish he wasn't her bodyguard. With the way he had held her close while carrying her to her room last night, strong enough to lift her with one arm, she had sank into his warmth and even when he had left her room, she had wanted to go to him and hold him and kiss him. But that couldn't happen. Ever.

Stepping downstairs, she greeted her parents and then sank down at her usual spot at the table pouring herself some OJ and settling for just some toast with blackberry preserves.

"Are you feeling better today?" Her mother asked and Rhia nodded.

"Fine...." She said then took a deep breath. "Dad....I'm sorry...I should of paid better attention to my surroundings. I didn't realize that I had walked off alone with that boy. It is what got me in the intuition I was in...I I will be more attentive...and I won't wander off from Mr. Evans. Your right...about him. I need the protection..." She trailed off then looked down, nibbling on her toast.

Back
Top Bottom