Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

17 Years Later. A New Dark Romance (sispuppet & LaBellaMia)

sispuppet

Star
Andrew Stevens sits back in the seat of the black Impala, the cold air of the AC blowing against him. The six and a half foot tall man was in his late twenties, with a strong physique of well over 220 lbs, all muscle, honed from years of wrestling, weight lifting, and martial arts training. His head was completely shaved, and his blue eyes almost constantly covered by a pair of sunglasses. Underneath the well-fitting suit, his muscles tensed, constantly moving and ready to go in any direction he needs should there be some sign of danger. Beneath the jacket, pressing against him is his sidearm, a standard M9, its weight a constant reminder of the duty assigned to him.

After completing a tour of service and returning home, Andrew had been surprised when he was contacted by a security firm. His capability in the field, and show of loyalty in one particular operation had earned the attention of quite a few groups who were looking for men like him. It would be a job keeping people safe on a more personal level. The man hated to admit it, but in the end the thing that most helped make his decision was the pay. The fact that there was less of a chance of seeing combat and being forced to take a life was good, but with bills to pay and wanting to save up money to start a family, the amount he would take away from some of the contracts was too tempting for him to say no.

That was how he became a bodyguard. Early work set him up in simpler, smaller jobs, usually working with a team as part of a small security detail for visiting diplomats or celebrities. It at one of these jobs in fact that he earned his latest contract. It was meant to be a business dinner when the person he was guarding, a man with more money than sense who tended to rub people the wrong way suddenly had a gun pulled on him. Andrew stepped forward immediately, getting his own weapon out even as he managed to disarm the assailant and pin him to the ground. The next day, he was visited by the man his charge had been meeting.

“Mr. Stevens, how do you do? My name is Alexander Jacobs, though I’m sure you recall that we already met.” The man asked, holding out his hand. He was on the verge of 60, but hardly looked it, somehow managing to keep himself in shape and remaining active. His much younger wife who had been with for a good 17 years now likely had something to do with it. “That was rather impressive what you did yesterday.” Andrew nods, thanking the man, all the while wondering what it is he wanted. He did not have to wonder long though as the older man pulled a contract out and showed it to him. “It’s very simple really. I wish to hire you on full time as personal security.” Andrew looks over the contract, his eyes nearly bulging at the amount he was being offered. He almost laughed, thinking the man was trying to pull a prank on him. Alex must have read his mind as he speaks up. “I assure you sir, my daughter’s safety is no joke to me. From what I’ve seen and heard about you, you’re the man I can rely on to keep her safe.”

From there it had been training, paperwork, and getting accustomed to things he would know, but now it was time. Andrew turns out of the car and gets out, walking slowly up the steps leading to the manor. He breathes out, trying to hide his own nervousness as he rings the doorbell, preparing for this new job at hand.

RE: 17 Years Late. A New Dark Romance (sispuppet & LaBellaMia)

Seventeen year old Rhiannon Alexandra Jacobs sighed as she glanced at her reflection in the mirror. Her dad was home today and she was being introduced to her new bodyguard. Personally, Rhia thought a bodyguard was a useless endeavor. She didn't need some ex-military asshole constantly at her back but her dad said she did and therefore it was going to happen, whether she wanted it or not. She had her mother's petite build, standing at just five feet four inches tall with a slender body and c-cup breasts. Her hair was straight and a mixture of red and brown, almost like chestnut and her brown eyes were fringed with dark lashes. Pale skin, light freckling on her pert nose and full pink lips completed her appearance and many guys at the private school she attended tried to get in her pants but she didn't like the idea of giving herself to some high school boy. Her mom said when she found the one, she would know it and there was no rushing it. Which was funny considering the fact her parents had met when her mom had been seventeen and she had come about within a year. Now her mother was thirty-five, still beautiful and had that sort of bone structure that defied aging though there were light wrinkles at the corner of her eyes.

Fixing her AC/DC t-shirt, she walked downstairs to the living room, humming softly to herself, pausing at the sight of her parents locked in a deep kiss and she scrunched up her nose. "Can't you two keep your hands off each other at all?" she asked and her mother drew back, giving a smirk.

"What? Embarrassed?" Caitlin asked taking in her daughter's appearance and then sighing. "You could of worn something more appropriate besides ripped jeans and a t-shirt..." she mused.

"For what? He's just a guard dog dad's hiring. Why do I need to look like a porcelain doll?" she countered then sighed. "I still think this is dumb. None of my friends have bodyguards. I don't see the point." Her gaze turned to her father. "Come on Dad. Call him and tell him to not show up. I don't need this, him....it's bad enough I have to stay home all the time because of your paranoia." Her words were lost however as their butler came to the door of the living room, introducing the man and showing him in. Rhia looked at the man entering and crossed her arms over her chest. For one thing, he was huge and hulking in comparison to herself with a bald head and looked more like he would be comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans then a suit that made him look like a guy working for the secret service. Well, certainly nothing would get past him. Her chocolate brown eyes processed his appearance and then watched her mother move toward her father. The woman never introduced herself, she always let her dad do it.

Compared to other parents, her mother was definitely like a '50s Stepford Wife and her father the rich guy with the perfect woman at his side. Oh sure they loved each other but her mother hardly ever combated his will. Rhia did though. If she didn't like something, she let them know she didn't and while she had been adamant about not wanting a bodyguard, her wishes had gone unnoticed by her father who insisted that a bodyguard was exactly what she needed. Rolling her eyes, she sank down on the couch, crossing her legs and focusing on her sketchers more than the adults around her.

Alex narrows his eyes at his daughters words. How did the girl grow up to be so disrespectful? He had put a lot of effort in giving everything she needed to have a good life. It didn't seem like too much to hope that she would take after her mother in this respect and know some, well, respect. A bit of tact, subtlety, showing some gratitude that her father worried for her safety. " A guard dog Rhia? Honestly? I thought we raised you better than that." He chides her. When she envious his paranoia, he sinks down in the chair. How could he explain it to her without frightening the girl. "I'm sorry, but this is final. The man should be here any minute now. He has works hard and is very thankful for this opportunity, so I expect you to be on your best behavior"

Andrew should be used to having butlers greet him by now, but it still felt like such an oddity to him. The man was more comfortable in an ring or on the field than he ever was in a suit, walking on some floor that probably cost more than his entire apartment. The Butler asks if the man wants anything to drink. He accepts the offer for some water before he's led the rest of the way meet the family. Alex is the first one to step forward and greet him, shaking the larger man's hand. "Ah, Mr. Evans, it's nice to see you again, you remember my wife, Caitlin?" Andrew returns the greeting. Of course he remembers the man's wife. It was hard to miss her. She made him the envy of all his colleagues more than his looks or his wealth could.

She was oddly quiet though, he always noticed. The rumors concerning her demure personality seemed to be quite true. "Of course, how are you Mrs. Jacobs." He reaches out. To his surprise she respnods, saying that she's well and offers her petite hand for him to shake. He takes it, moving gently up and down, almost afraid to squeeze to hard like he might break it. "It's a pleasure to see you again." He tells her with a smile. She returns the smile but steps back. To his surprise, Alex put his hand on her shoulder, pulling her a bit closer to him almost protectively? No, possissevly might be a better word. For a moment he wondered if the older man was jealous of him.

His new employer doesn't seem to change in attitude beyond that though, his smile is still warm as he waves his free arm toward the last occupant of the room. "And this is my daughter. Rhiannon Alexandra Jacobs." Andrew turns his attention to regard the teenage girl. She took after her mother quite a bit, with her petite frame and pale skin. She was beautiful too, Andrew notices right off the bat. The way the color in her hair seemed to shift between brown and red, and what he recognized as a look of pure mischief in her eyes.

The way she dressed seemed to purposely clash with her looks and her surroundings. Everything from her pale skin and the features of her skin to the house she stood in suggested a girl who should be dressed similar to her other in a fine and expensive dress that radiated sophistication. The ripped jeans and t-shirt made her look more like someone on his side of the tracks. He could see why her father was worried. A beautiful young woman looking for trouble wouldn't have to search far before it found her. She could be a risk for any man who doesn't know better, but worse is what they could do to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Jacobs." He says, holding out his hand for her to shake, trying to make a good impression on her.

Rhia looked at his hand and then lifted her gaze to him before standing once more, taking his hand and giving it a quick shake before looking back at her parents almost pleadingly before frowning and turning back to the man before her. "Very nice to meet you...Mr. Evans. Just so you know, you don't have to call me Miss Jacobs. Rhia is more appropriate..." She trailed off and then slowly crossing her arms over her chest. "No need to be so formal," she nearly grumbled then heard her mother clear her throat.

Rhia glanced at her parents then back at him. "Here's the deal...I don't want a bodyguard but my dad is dead set that I need one. Fine...I get it...I'm a rich girl and lot's of people want to hurt me. I'm not discounting that and I'm not going to change his mind, but I'm not going to walk around with you wearing a black suit and looking like you should be protecting the President instead of me. If anything, it makes me look like a more obvious target. So...feel free to wear whatever you think is comfortable when you're protecting me...Not to mention it's nearly one hundred outside and I'm sure that coat has to be way to hot..." She gave a smirk then looked at her parents again before sinking back down where she had been sitting, recrossing her legs.

Her mother sighed then moved to sit down. "Won't you have a seat Mr. Evans?" she offered, fixing her dress and sinking down on the loveseat, guiding her husband to sit beside her, crossing her ankles and looking every bit the demure housewife. It nearly made Rhiannon snort but she didn't and tried to look as respectful as possible before turning to the man meant to guard her.

"So...how did my dear old dad find you anyway? Did he inform you of your living arrangements? You'll have to sleep in the same wing of the house as me, the east wing and it's rent free. You get a nice suite, access to the kitchen, all that fun stuff. My dad doesn't take shortcuts. And you'll have to go with me everywhere. School, shopping, and any trips I want to take in to town. Not exactly action packed, let me tell you..."

Caitlin cleared her throat, thanking the woman who came in with glasses and pitchers of Iced Tea and Lemonade. "Are you thirsty Mr. Evans? Rhiannon, I'm sure that your father already entailed everything in the contract and does not need your input," she suggested mildly and Rhia sighed but said nothing further. At least for the moment.

Andrew is happy to see that the girl is at least willing to shake his hand . her attitude as she speaks though is quite something, to say the least. "Um, I'll try to keep that in mind Ms. Jacobs." He says, though judging just from that, it didn't seem like something that was likely to happen. He was used to dealing with people who didn't want to be protected by now. Celebrities had guard details hired for them, but the celebs themselves often just found it too crowding and keeping them away from their adoring fans. This was different though, he could already tell. It was a teenage girl who felt stifled by her parents, and saw this as just another way to be restrained. He waits until her mother finishes chiding her, and he takes the drink offered to him, sitting down as well.

The words that her father said to him run through Andrew' mind. "Don't be afraid to be impolite if you have to. Right may tend to be rude. Your job is to keep her safe, not be her servant." Andrew looks over to his employer sitting next to Caitlin. The older man simply nods. Andrew turns to look at Rhiannon. "Your father watched me break a man's arm while pointing a gun at his head. You're bedroom is in the east wing, has an attached bathroom, and a call on that I'm not afraid to lock and bar should I ever catch you trying to sneak out from it. My room will be right next to yours, and your father was very generous with the accommodations he has provided me. Directly beneath your bedroom is the srudy. It;so a short jog to reach the stairs, and from there only a few meters to reach the door that will lead us down into the basement. One door down and across the hall from me is a linen closet, behind which lies the entrance to the panic room."

He takes a pause to sip from his drink before continuing. "Your school has its own schedule, being year round, Monday through Thursday from 0745 to 1545. Juniors and Seniors in good standing are allowed to go off campus for lunch. After school, your father allows you to stay out for an hour with your friends, or two hours on Thursday. Any trips you wish to make must be arranged and approved ahead of time." He leans back. "Oh, and this suit is quite comfortable, so I have no intention of changing out of it." He adds before taking another long drink of the tea. "Does that cover everything Ms. Jacobs?"

As he spoke, she swallowed the urge to scream, tucking a stray strand of hair back from her face, a trait inherited from her mother when nervous or upset. He certainly had studied whatever information her dad had given him. She could almost hear the taunting in his tone at his question and she put on a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Grin and bear it, she thought simply. "Yes...Mr. Evans, I believe it does...." she said then cleared her throat and then without a word, got up and walked from the room, moving upstairs with the sound of a slamming door resounding through the entire mansion a moment later.

----------

Rhia slowly opened her bedroom door. She hadn't come down for dinner. A show of rebellion but it hadn't done anything except have her starving. It was past midnight but she was starving and couldn't wait til morning to eat. Shutting her door quietly, she slipped down the hall and then the stairs. She had since changed out of her jeans and t-shirt and was in a simple pair of light blue pajama bottoms and matching tanktop, her bra straps showing beneath as she moved barefoot down to the kitchen.

The staff had gone home for the night and so there would be no one to disturb her midnight raid. Having heard the moans, she knew her parents were well involved in their nearly nightly ritual and she would be undisturbed. Hopefully her new guard dog was asleep because she didn't want to deal with him. She could only imagine how she looked. Poor little rich girl. Rhia knew she was innocent and naive about a lot of things but her parents, namely her father, refused to let her out of his sight. She was suffocating from all of it and he was only making it worse. Not that she had anything against this Andrew Evans but he was just another device for her father to have absolute control over her. Rhia was not her mother.

Shutting the kitchen door behind her, she walked through the dark industrial style kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing cold cuts to make a quick sandwich.

The three adults sit quietly as the teen storms off, the slammed door echoing through the hall. Alex sighs. As Caitlin gets up, he takes her hand, encouraging his wife to go back to her seat. "Don't worry about her Andrew. I'm sure she'll come around." He stands up, giving his wife a kiss on the cheek and whispering something to her, his hand brushing against a beautiful choker on her neck. She nods and leaves as Alex walks over to the bodyguard. "I'll give you a tour before dinner." As the two walk around, Andrew can't help but be surprised at how easygoing the older gentleman seems. His staff all appear happy, and he even has Andrew join him in the dining room with his wife for dinner, though Rhia seems to have decided to skip it.

Andrew' head lays against the wall. The four poster bed was large and more comfortable than any mattress he had ever slept on before. Still, being in a house like this just felt so unreal that he found it disconcerting. The one request he had made for his room preparations were that the bed be pushed against the wall shared with his charge's room. Next to it was the door that gave direct entrance to Rhia's room, which he was only ever to use during times of emergency. He sits up as the sound of movement from the other room catches his attention. When the teenager's door opens, Andrew gets up to move.

He walks silently, following along from a distance. The one time he pauses is in front of the room for Mr. Jacobs and his wife. Andrew hears something that sounds like a cry of pain, and he's about to see if they're okay before the unmistakable sound of pleasure makes his cheeks flush red. Well, that at least confirms one way his employer stayed fit. Andrew didn't exactly have bad luck with ladies himself, but it was certainly something to be envious of to have this kind of relationship going on so long, especially since the age difference had a fair number of rumors spread around about the both of them. he even remembered one tabloid article claiming the two were actually father and daughter. Andrew doesn't have a chance to dwell for long though when he sees Rhiannon moving down the stairs.

Andrew lets out a sigh of relief as he realizes the girl was just going into the kitchen. He wants until she finishes making her sandwich before he lets his presence be known. "Good evening Ms. Jacobs." He says as he walks in. The girl jumps in surprise, but he pretends not to notice that. Or the way her breasts bounced when she moved. Clearly the scene he walked past had him worked up a bit. He grabs the cold cuts to make himself a sandwich. Despite the large dinner Andrew had, there's still room for more. There were a few buffets that had warning signs put in place for him because of his appetite.

As he's making the sandwich, one a good deal larger than the girl's own, he notices her staring at him. It takes the man a moment to realize why. In his rush to follow her, he had left the room with only the clothes he slept in, namely, his boxers. The man's bulging muscles were on full display, along with the scar along the right side of his ribs, and the tattoo on his left arm of his unit number stylized as a linked chain going all the way around. "Sorry maam." He tells her, apologizing quickly. "I heard you get up, and I just wanted to make sure you were uh, I should go get dressed."

Rhiannon nearly jumped out of her skin when he spoke and felt her heart racing. What surprised her was the sight of him standing there all muscle and skin. She blushed and then looked away. "What? Making sure I wasn't running off. Sorry to disappoint you. Dnt know how much good you would be in just boxers though. Don't bother getting dressed....no different then seeing a guy in swimming trunks..."

Rhia slowly popped up onto the bar stool and sighed, taking a bite of her sandwich and sipping at some lemonade. "I am sorry if I was rude earlier. If I am coming off as bitchy and spoiled, it has nothing to do with you. I am sure you are a great guy wanting to make an honest living and dad probably offers you a salary you couldn't refuse, not to mention the room and board. My problem is with my dad. In case you couldn't tell from my schedule, I don't exactly get to do a lot without his consent. And mom, well, they have a special relationship. She does whatever he tells her to and doesn't try to sway him to my side very often. Dad is very set in his ways...." Pausing, she sipped at her drink before sighing.

"He keeps me locked up in this house. I had to beg him for two years just to get him to let me go to a real school. I was home schooled until I was fourteen...and once school is over, I get an hour, two on Thursdays. I don't go to the movies. I don't go skating, and I don't get to be normal. Please don't be offended if I am snappy because you aren't the problem....it is him..." Glancing at him, Archie sighed then looked down. "And call me Rhia. I mean it. No ma'am, no Miss Jacobs....it sounds weird and since we are going to be around each other a lot, I would prefer if you kept me on a first name basis...."

Andrew just shrugs his shoulders, muttering “pretty much” to her statement of him making sure she wasn’t running off. He listens closely as the girl explains her situation. While it’s something beyond his own experiences, he could at least understand her feelings of being trapped. He could only imagine how much she craved just a bit of freedom. How little time she got outside of the house really did amaze him. It seemed unfair. As amazing as the manor was, a gilded cage is still a cage in the end.

The large man sets his plate down next to hers, taking his seat in the stool. He takes a large bite from the sandwich, draining nearly the entire glass of lemonade. Mr. Jacobs had a very impressive bar, with drinks that Andrew could have only dreamed of trying in the past, but the bodyguard had a strict policy of no drinking on the job. Since he was now on the job 24/7 though, this may prove to be more torturous on himself than he ever intended for it to be. The two eat in relative silence for a while, most of Andrew’s sandwich being finished before he finally decides to speak up.

“I’ll make you a deal.” He tells the girl, turning to face her. His leg accidentally brushes against hers, which he quickly apologizes for. “You cut back on this rebellious girl act with the slamming doors and refusing dinner, and I’ll try to talk to your father for you.” He says. “I can’t make any promises, of course. I figure though, if I’m going to be watching you anyways, then he can afford you some more freedom. You should be able to stay out later, take more trips to the mall or wherever.”

Deciding to throw in a joke, he shrugs his shoulders and quickly adds a comment. “Maybe even go on a date.” He remarks. She had probably received her share of offers already, though if her father was this strict when it came to friends, he imagined the man would have even more issues with her so much as mentioning the possibility. “Like I said, no guarantees, but I’ll see what I can do. Is that a deal…” He smirks, deciding to get in one last jab. “Ms. Rhiannon?” He asks, mixing the formal with casual.

Rhia looked at him as he spoke about talking to her dad and her cutting the rebellion. At the mention of her maybe getting to go on a date, she snorted. Her dad would kill her if she went out with a guy but the fact that he would at least make an effort on her behalf had her ready to agree. At the jab she smirked. "Very funny...Alright...no more slamming doors or skipping dinner...and the mall is the last place I want to go." She smirked, finishing her sandwich then cleaning her spot up before glancing at him. "Thanks..." she said then gave a smile. "Well...goodnight..." she said then left the kitchen, heading back up to her room, her parents of course still going at it. Once back in her bedroom, she sighed and then collapsed on the bed, glancing at the picture on her bedside table of her parents and herself when she was little. Before she realized her life was a prison sentence. Maybe Andrew Evans could actually get her dad to agree to letting her out of her cage a little more. It would be nice to not be stuck in the house all day when she wasn't at school.

Crawling under the covers, she felt her cat hop up onto the bed with her. She had gotten the tabby a few years ago and it was the ony companion she really had. She had friends but not the best friend that every girl always had in a movie. No one wanted to come to her house, she couldn't have sleep overs, and she didn't get to stay over anywhere. The only time she got to go out at all was when her dad allowed her to go to dinner parties which was a rare occurance. Hopefully Andrew Evans could convince her dad that she would be safe and even if it meant Evans had to tag along, at least she could be out of this place for more than an our or two every few days.

"Let's hope this works out Missie," she murmured to her cat then sighed, turning over with her cat curling up beside her. She didn't want to get her hopes up but they were raised and she just prayed it would all work out.

Andrew resists the urge to comment on her apparently not liking malls. He simply nods, promising once again that he’ll try, but they would have to see how it worked out. “Good night.” He tells the girl in response. He places the empty glassware in the sink before making his way to the stairs right behind Rhia. Waiting until she’s inside, and her door closed, Andrew enters his own room. He wasn’t sure what to think of his situation or his new employer. Alex seemed like a nice enough man, and judging by the sounds, there was no lack of love between himself and his wife, and virtually everything he heard about him were good things.

The restrictions on his daughter though, and the way she acted left him wondering. Just why was he so protective of the girl. Even his wife, who seemed eternally glued to his side went off on her own whenever she pleased. Sighing, Andrew decides to save it for another day. For now, he needed his rest for what was to come tomorrow. Andrew lies down on the bed, closing his eyes. Even as he drifted off to sleep, he was aware of the sounds around him, easily able to be woken at the drop of a hat. Things remain quiet though, allowing him to get in a few hours of sleep.

Andrew’s alarm wakes him at 0600, a half hour before his charge would have to get up. He stands and stretches, doing a brief workout before hopping into his shower. At 0700, he’s downstairs, dressed in a suit identical to the one he wore yesterday. He sits down at the breakfast table where the family is gathered. “Uh, good morning.” He says, feeling his cheeks turning pink as he avoids eye contact with the man and his wife. He remembers the sounds from last night, and the thoughts that are going through his mind are extremely inappropriate considering he works for the man. He looks over at the mother again before quickly looking away. Andrew wasn’t usually into older women, but she wasn’t really that much older, and the way she kept her figure and sounded last night, he found himself thinking very inappropriate thoughts. He curses himself for getting distracted, quickly taking his seat at the table and trying to busy himself with his breakfast, nearly draining the entire glass of orange juice given to him in one go.

Rhia had been up relatively early and had gone for a quick jog before getting her shower. Now she was seated at the table with her parents, dressed for school which was only a twenty minute drive from the house, if that. Her uniform was a long navy skirt with matching blazer, white blouse and red tie. Her hair was dried and pulled up in a pony tail and she was make up free. No make up or jewelry was allowed at her ultra-exclusive Private School unless it was a string of pearls. As Andrew entered, she lowered her gaze then bit into her eggs, flipping another page in her book.

"Good morning Mr. Evans," her mother said brightly. "I hope your room was to satisfaction," she said before eating some of her own eggs. Rhia sighed, sipping at her juice. It amazed her really how her mom could always looked so put together with perfect hair and the perfect outfit. Always so perfect. Today she was wearing her choker, a white blouse and filmy long skirt with black heels. All to do nothing around the house.

“Um yes, thank you ma’am. It was very comfortable.” He says, finding it hard to speak now the woman knowing what her sounds of pleasure were like. She was wearing that choker again, he noticed. Thinking back, Andrew tries to remember if there were any pictures where she didn’t have that on. He needs a distraction, and now. “Mr. Jacobs, if I could have a, uh private word with you. Whenever you have the time sir, I mean.” He adds quickly, not wanting to inconvenience the busy man. Alex tilts his head curiously before nodding. He leans over, and Andrew notices, squeezes his wife’s leg tightly as he whispers something in her ear. She shifts around in her seat but nods in agreement, standing up with her plate. He looks over to Rhiannon, knowing she would be aware of what he wanted to discuss.

Once the two men are alone, Andrew begins. “Sir, what I wished to talk about was your daughter’s schedule.” He sees Alex slouch his shoulders, almost like he was relaxing, though he guessed a part of it was also because he knew what they would be talking about. “I understand your concern for her safety, but as it is, I will mostly just be guarding her in this house.” He explains further. Alex nods, encouraging the larger man to keep going. “What I wish to know is that, well perhaps with me now around to protect her, and with many of the other safeguards I’m sure you have in place is that maybe you could allow her some extra time? She will be 18 in less than a year, and if she decides to leave, there won’t be much you can do to stop her. I feel that affording her some freedoms now would keep you from losing her forever.” Andrew swallows nervously, worried that he spoke too much. He opens his mouth to apologize, but Alex cuts him off.

The employer lets out a defeated sigh. “I just want her to be safe.” He says, his head in his hand, rubbing the temples. “Safe, and happy…” He sighs again before looking up at Andrew. “Fine, this has been a long time coming I suppose. I still want her home in time for dinner, then for curfew, nine on weekdays, and 11 on rest. I also want her calling to check in every half hour, and I want you speaking from the same phone to confirm that you’re still together wherever she says. One reminder though. If her grades drop, or at the first sign of trouble, this ends.”

Andrew stands up and shakes the man’s hand. “I understand sir. I promise that I’ll make sure she follows the rules. I’m sure she’ll be happy with them.” He looks at the time and heads to the front. Instead of the limo, he leads Rhia over to his car, her father already getting him a space to park in on campus. In front of the vehicle, Andrew takes the time to explain what Alex told him, stressing the part about the curfews, check ins, and her need to keep behaving properly. “That’s the best I could do. Is it okay with you?” He asks her.

Rhia was dumbstruck. "Seriously? He agreed to that?" She asked out of pure amazement. "You've managed to get him to agree to more in ten minutes than I could in two years...that....wow....thanks..." Speechless, she moved to the passenger seat, sinking down and shutting the door.she sat her books down in her lap and waited on him to get in the car before grinning. "Thanks Evans...." She buckled up then sighed. "So the thing about school...you are going to hear a lot of idiots talking shit...I just ignore them...but they can be persistent, and the guys can be idiots too. Just...please don't step in or say anything. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of a reaction."

Admittedly, it would be weird walking into school with a hulking body guard. At school she had a couple of friends but she wasn't popular. Mainly because she didn't give a damn about money or prestige or name dropping. She was more content to sit in the background with her friends Leah and Tamra who were outcasts because they weren't the perfect size two and were into things besides fancy parties. Tamra was also there on scholarship and therefore lower than dirt in the social hierarchy.

The school itself was an old brick building that looked more like a castle than a school, surrounded by fencing for horses to graze when not used for riding lessons or show jumping. Red stables could be seen in the background as well as lights for the football/Soccer/lacrosse stadium. Kids were clustered together in their little cliques, laughing and talking but many stopped to watch as she crawled out of the car, dwarfed easily by her new bodyguard who stood over a foot taller than herself. Fourteen inches taller to be exact. She sighed. "Welcome to Hell," she said, glancing at him.

“I think I can handle a few teenagers.” He tells her. After having to find a way to keep a large crowd of tweens and soccer moms from jumping on a celebrity and ripping his clothes off, Andrew wasn’t too worried at all about what might come his way. He finds the parking spot assigned to him easily. The hard part was getting out. He opens the door and holds it as he squeezes out of the space between his car and the nice sports one next to it. One student standing close by just looks up as the man stands upright, towering over everyone around them. He closes the door before moving over to Rhia’s side, but she’s already started getting out herself. He still takes her arm and helps her get to standing before closing her door and locking it.

The entire trip to her first class, Andrew actually feels incredibly embarrassed for his charge. Every eye turns to look at them as they walk down the hall. The large imposing man with the small lithe girl, they stuck out to say the least. Andrew just tries to ignore this. It was part of the job. It was her safety he was concerned with first and foremost. They move over to her first classroom, Andrew waiting by the door as she goes in. He wouldn’t actually step inside at least. That would be too much of a distraction on the class, and there wasn’t much a door could do to stop him from reaching her if he needed to. “Oh hello, you must be Mr. Evans. The principal informed us about you already.”

Andrew turns around, finding a short attractive bespectacled woman looking up at him, holding her hand out. “Oh uh, yes hello.” He says, taking her hand. Ms. White, English teacher, low threat. He gives it a shake, smiling back at her before stepping to one side. “I’ll just be waiting out here for the class to end.” He explains, trying to look comfortable. The teacher giggles softly and nods before waving at him and stepping inside. Don’t get distracted. He reminds himself. Looking around, he quickly finds that Rhiannon has taken a seat near the back. He clenches his fist, but makes a judgment call. Making her move right now would cause too much embarrassment when there wasn’t much danger yet. He would just talk to her about it on the way to the next class. As the bell rings, he steps back. The door closes, but he can easily peak through the window to keep an eye on her.

"Who is he?" Leah's voice called to her and she turned to look at her friend. Leah was a little overweight with a pretty face and dark blonde hair. Her father was the owner of a successful law firm and a hot shot lawyer himself. Leah was bullied for her weight but she was smart and funny and they shared similar interests. Turning toward the front, she saw him speaking to the teacher and watching the woman blush and make a fool of herself. If Rhia didn't know better she could of sworn she saw interest but what did it matter to her if he was interested. He was at least a decade older than she was and more than welcome to do what he pleased. Turning back to Leah, she smirked.

"Dad hired a guard dog for me. Good news is, I get to stay out later..." She smiled then looked forward, opening up her English textbook. By the end of first period, everyone was well aware of her new bodyguard and she ould hear the snide remarks as she went to her locker with him beside her. Thankfully his presence had stopped the shouts of inbred slut. At least for now. Every since the tabloids had ran the story it had been the favorite thing for them to throw at her. it was probably the one thing to bother her but she tried not to let it show. of all the tabloid stories that had run, it was the one she remembered bothering her parents and it had caused her to wonder if it wasn't partly true. Of course that was just silly. A marriage between a father and daughter was illegal so there was no way that it was real, but there had been that small seed of doubt and hearing people constantly reiterate it made her sick inside.

She pulled out her calculus textbook and sighed before glancing at him. "Tired of standing around yet?" She asked curiously, putting on a smile, even as a slip of paper fell from her locker with the words so often shouted at her written in red. She looked down and sighed, grabbing it and balling it up in a fist before slamming her locker shut then tossing the paper into a nearby trash can.

Andrew watches closely during the class. Rhia is speaking with a girl who Andrew can only assume is Leah based on the information he had been provided. Not sensing any immediate threat, he begins to relax and alternates scanning the halls and checking in the classroom. Throughout the period, he makes occasional eye contact with her teacher, who seems to hurriedly look away whenever it happens. Andrew sighs, she was cute enough he supposed, but there was no telling when he might get a day off, and being on guard detail while Rhia picked out some new shoes wasn’t exactly the most exciting first date. He blushes a little as he realizes his options would be even more limited for something casual. He couldn’t exactly bring a girl to the manor, especially with his bed right against the wall shared with Rhia’s room.

Andrew notices the looks from the other students, and how some of them seem to be muttering things under their breath. The bodyguard clenches his fist and breathes out his nose. There was little he could do to help with that, and busting down the door to threaten some kids to shut up wouldn’t really be doing Rhia any favors. When the bell rings, he steps back from the door, waiting until the girl is a few steps ahead of him before he starts walking, wanting to try to give her some space while still being able to do his job. As the paper drifts out onto the floor, Andrew reads the words written on it and immediately feels anger well up inside him. Kids really were too cruel.

He could see the hurt in Rhia’s eyes, but she seemed trying to hide it as she threw away the sheet. He would talk to her later, or better yet find the person slipping things in through the slot and break their arm. He may have known her for less than a day, but Rhia was put in his care, and he couldn’t help feeling protective of her as a result. “The day’s just getting started. I’ve stayed standing for a lot longer than this.” He tells her as they walk to the next class.

The first, who Andrew assumes is the calculus teacher, greets Rhiannon and nods at the other two gentlemen before leading her inside and closing the door. The second turns out to be the principal. “Mr. Evans, right this way. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner, but I’m afraid there’s some paperwork you still need to fill out.” Andrew looks back at the classroom. It looks like Rhia is seated in her usual spot and class is underway. “I promise, we’ll be back before the next bell. It is important though, considering you’re bringing a firearm on campus and everything, that we have all this resolved immediately.” The bodyguard grudgingly moves, resolving to get back as fast as possible. “Oh, you aren’t the first security personnel we’ve had here. Why, once, there was a teen movie star attending our school, he had an entire entourage. I’m sure you can imagine the mess that was. Though I dare say the female students were a bigger worry than his guards were.” The plump little man laughs at his joke as he leads the way to his office, carrying on with the stories.

As her calculus class finished up, Rhia stepped outside, finding that Evans wasn't anywhere about. She heard the snickers around her but ignored them as she walked toward her locker. "Maybe she is fucking him," one said, loud enough for her to hear them as she made her way toward the lockers. "Maybe it is one of her mom's boyfriends."

"Red headed inbred slut..."

"Tease..."

"Bastard bitch...."

"Her father married a dirty waitress. Bet she is just as dirty as her gold digging mother..."

The comments continued to be spoken around her and she ignored them, as best she could but she felt anger at every word spoken but refused to react. He downside to getting out of the house to go to school was to listen to the taunting of her peers. She only had six months left before graduation and then she would be done with this place and in college. Making it to her locker, she put in the combination and then stuffed her calculus book in her locker just ready to get to her art class with Tamra and Leah. It was the one class she actually enjoyed going to and was a fair hand with a sketchbook and charcoal. Hardly anything to make a real profit off of as a career but she wouldn't have to work a day in her life with her dad's money. Not that she wants to be a lazy rich bitch. She just enjoyed making art, but her talent was drawing.

The murmurs seemed to die down and she glanced up to see Evans coming from the front office and slowly grabbed her sketchbook and pencil set before closing the locker. "Everything well? I noticed you disappeared," she said then put on a smile, hoping that he hadn't heard any of the comments and if he did, he waited until after school to say something. "We'll I have my Art class next. Maybe Mrs. Little will let you be the class model for the day," she grinned.

The paperwork takes longer than Andrew wanted. It seems that the principal has some new story to constantly interrupt the man with. It gets to the point where he just tries to read over the papers and sign them as the principal is talking, but he keeps getting held back, told to wait as they need to go over each section together. By the end of it, Andrew is about ready to give the man some firsthand experience with his skills. Finally the bell rings though, and he has an excuse to leave.

Getting through the halls is easy when everyone makes way for you. He worries at first about being able to find Rhia, but that proves to be easier than he expected. He just has to follow the chatters. One good glare from the bodyguard has them shutting up, but it still makes his blood boil. Why were they so cruel to her? Andrew scoffs, knowing better than to ask that. She’s slightly different. That’s all that was needed. “Sorry, the principal needed me to sign some paperwork.” He explains. He’s about to ask Rhia if she’s okay, but the look in her eyes lets him know she’s not in the mood to discuss it right now. “Yeah maybe, who knows? Maybe I’ll be good at it and have myself a new job.” He tries to add as a joke. “Hey…” He says, holding her back before she walks into the class. “I know your father never let you off campus, but now that I’m here, if you and your friends are in good standing, then I’ll drive you three out to lunch somewhere. Just you know, we have to be back before lunch ends, and you promise not to make a mess of the car.” He lets her mull over the decision and talk it with her friends as he goes to introduce himself to her teacher.

To his surprise, Mrs. Little tells him that he can wait inside the classroom. “Oh, it’ll be fine!” The older woman says in a very grandmotherly tone. “Oh, maybe you can try your hand at some art. Do you draw or paint?” She asks, with a bright smile on her face. Andrew thanks her, unsure how else to respond, though he decides not to do any art himself. It seems that today’s class is allowing each student to work on their chosen talent. He watches as Rhia works on her sketch book, recreating the dollhouse put out as the subject of the piece. Others are painting it, and some are even sculpting, cutting it into some clay with careful precision.

The rest of the day went without issue and as the final bell rang and with more than a small workload of homework to finish before school the next day, she forwent her newfound freedom in order to get home and start on her reading. Being in a Private school and on the Honors program could sometimes be a pain in the ass. She sighed as they drove away from the school, feeling relief at no longer having to have her guard up and turned to look at her bodyguard. "Thanks for taking me and my friends out for lunch. Tamra doesn't get to do that often. She lives forty-five minutes away...and doesn't have the gas to go off campus for lunch. Or the money..." She smiled then looked forward, tapping her finger on the door before glancing at him again. "How much did you hear?" she asked, her voice soft before looking forward once more.

After lunch, she'd had her AP Government Econ class and AP Bio with her final class being her volunteer hour in the library tutoring underclassman. The snickering was a constant companion to Rhia at school and she wasn't used to anyone knowing outside her friends. She certainly didn't tell her dad the things people said at school. He'd snatch her out so fast her head would spin. It was one of those little secrets that Evans now knew about and could tell her dad and then she would be back to staying in the house twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. She liked school, liked spending time with Leah and Tamra and her teachers but kids could be idiots and the guys were more pissed off that she didn't want to fuck them. She wasn't that type of girl. Her mom had told her that her dad was the only man she'd ever been with and that was the sort of marriage she wanted. Though she would never be the do everything you say type her mom was, their relationship was one to be admired and envied when it was clear how much they loved one another.

Sighing, Rhia looked back at him, sliding her hands into her lap and clasping her fingers. "I know you heard them. It's hard not to hear what they whisper about me all day..." she mused, trying not to show her hurt feelings.

The girls had all been rather polite to him during the whole lunch routine. They didn’t seem too eager to talk while he was in earshot, and despite him saying they could, they didn’t even take their drinks to go out of fear of spilling it. He told them it could be a regular occurrence if they wanted, something he was sure the girls would appreciate. It was clear that all three were outcasts for their own reasons, so the break from the people, especially from a place like the cafeteria, was probably very welcome for all of them. “No problem, and like I said, any time you want just say the word and I’ll be happy to take you three. You also won’t be cooped up at home as much, so that’s more time to hang out with them.” He adds, sure that she could use a reminder of the happiness.

He stares ahead in silence at her question. “Yeah, I heard them.” He admits. He would be pretty bad at his job if he couldn’t, and lying wouldn’t do any good. “I wouldn’t worry about what they said though. Teenagers can be unnecessarily cruel for no reason. These kids are probably even worse. They’d be so used to being these unique amazing people on their own, that they look for anyone who’s actually different and standing out, and try to push them down for it. Just don’t pay them any mind. Don’t give them that satisfaction. And if worse comes to worse, just tell your bodyguard and he’ll break their arms.” He smiles, letting her know it was a joke.

Andrew is nearly at the house before remembering the freedom afforded to the girl. “Rhia, you don’t need to be home until 6:30 for dinner. That leaves you a good two and a half hours. Is there anywhere in particular you’d like to go?” He asks even as they get closer to the exit for the manor. He was intent on brightening her day anyway he could for now.

"Break their arms?" She giggled lightly then smiled before looking at the gate of the house as they approached before looking at her stack of books. She did have a lot homework but the idea of heading home had her thinking. "Well....can we go into the city. Maybe the park. I could do my homework there with a bit of ice cream. I do have a ton of homework tonight," she said then smiled. "Maybe you could help me study? Not do my homework but I have flash cards and stuff to study with..." She bit her bottom lip. "Besides, I don't want to go anywhere super public in my school uniform. It's not exactly fashion forward," she grinned. "I prefer band t-shirts...old school bands like Led Zeplin, and AC/DC, or Van Halen....you look like a classic rom fan. Am I wrong?" She asked him, smiling before looking forward.

"We don't have to have a no talk relationship. I mean, we are sort of stuck with each other. Might as well get to know each other. In case you couldn't tell, I am not the type for pearls and looking like a Stepford wife. Much to my mom's shame. The fact that Hot Topic is one of my favorite places to shop makes her sigh. That place is full of shoppers and associates with piercings and tattoos and that sort of Goth/Punk vibe...you should see her face when I walk in there with her."

“I could help you study a bit, that shouldn’t be a problem.” He agrees, changing lanes and making his way to the park. “You’ll be fine in public. Your uniform looks very nice on you.” He says, trying to be polite in paying her the compliment. Truth be told, the whole school uniform thing was a turn on for him. He’d ignored it the whole day, and kept the thought pushed from his mind, but it was hard not to admit that his charge looked absolutely amazing in hers. The band shirts and jeans weren't bad, but nothing would ever really compare to the stockings, plaid skirt, and blouse that he loved so much. Parked at a stop light, he looks over at her from the corner of his eyes, taking a moment to just take in the sight.

As soon as it turns green again though, he’s driving down the road and pushing those thoughts away. It was incredibly unprofessional, inappropriate, and well, creepy. He could only imagine what would happen if he was ever caught peeking at her like that. Then again, her mother was apparently the same age when she and her father got married. Perhaps Mr. Jacobs would understand? No, Andrew wasn’t delusional. That man was incredibly protective of his daughter. He could only imagine what would happen the first time she goes on a date. Not that any of this mattered anyways of course, Andrew reminds himself. They were just passing thoughts. So he noticed that she looked nice. He would just leave his thoughts at that and move on.

The park is mostly empty, which isn’t that surprising. On a weekday afternoon, there were only a few joggers, and the occasional family or date. It would likely be busier on the weekends. He circles around to open Rhia’s door for her, but she’s already got it and is climbing out of the car. He does at least offer to help her with some of her things. They make their way to the cart set up near the lake, each ordering a small cup of ice cream. Andrew reaches out and hands some cash over to the man, paying for both. In truth, it was a reflex to him since he was used to paying for women. Of course, he realizes that it was a bit of a moot point. Rhia likely had an unlimited card, and his salary came from her father anyways. It was just the polite thing to do though, Andrew reasons.

Rhia knew he had looked at her. Not in the way a body guard would, but in the 'interested' or 'appreciative' sort of way a man looked at a woman. His compliment made her blush but she didn't respond. Instead she pretended focus on the traffic as they made their way into the city and to the park. Being that it wasn't crowded was a plus and after getting ice cream, she led them to her favorite spot, taking off her blazer and using it to sit on underneath a huge oak tree. It was called an angel oak because the branches stretched out so far they bent and touched the ground.

"Thanks for the ice cream," she said and smiled before sinking down, grabbing her English Literature book. "Looks like you get to help me...I have to memorize the dialogue of Lady MacBeth and to write an essay on her characterization and development. Good old prep school assignments. This school had an eighty percent turn out to Ivy League schools. Of course, a lot of my classmates have legacies at Harvard and Yale and all that."

“Oh that sounds like… fun.” Andrew tells her, picking up the book and looking it over. He immediately has flash backs to his own English classes, and feels about ready to fall asleep. “That was never really my strong suit.” He admits. He did well enough in school. Mostly he got C’s and B’s with the occasional A, and on the particularly hard stuff, even a D. “Oh yeah, that’s pretty cool.” He says, figuring her private school would be on the higher end of things. It only made sense. Of course, the principal had said something similar. Her dad would spring for the best, obviously. This school definitely hit the marks.

“I went to regular old public school myself.” He tells her as he looks for the line she’d need to read. “It’s a lot like your private school as far as I can tell. Some teachers cared, some didn’t. Kids were picked on, there were fights, and people would get hurt if they didn’t have friends to help them out of a tough scrape. It was rare to have a teacher with a master’s though, let alone ones with PHDs. The food sucked, but we could go off campus without much fuss. Oh, there weren’t any uniforms, but hey, I guess every school needs a downside.” He tries to keep things light hearted with a joke. “Okay so here we go. Lady Macbeth. I guess I’ll be playing the other parts while you read her lines?”

Back
Top Bottom