Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Historical MxF: 1930s Romance Roleplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel4554

Moon
"It's Just the Time for Dancing"
olympic-dance-hall_1948.jpg
A 1930s-Themed Roleplay during the era of Dance Bands, Fine Clothes, and Real Romance.

If you're the type of gal who enjoys romantic roleplaying in a historical context, my roleplay is the one for you!

This roleplay takes place in the year 1931 in either Britain or the United States (depending on our mutual interests). I know many people on BMRP are from the UK, and so I want to make sure to accommodate Britons that are familiar with the dance band culture of the 1920s and 1930s. As such, it would be important that if you are interested for you to be familiar with the 'general' history of the Great Depression and the fashion of the 20s and 30s. If you'd like to brush up on your history, Wikipedia is your greatest friend. Sorry, but I do not want to roleplay with someone that doesn't have a clue about the culture of the period. A general knowledge of the 1930s is essential. Preferably, I'm looking for someone that has a good knowledge of the period, the fashion and the music.

General Synopsis:

The year 1931 was another hallmark in the history of global pop culture. The end of the Great War (1914-1918) brought about a generation of people wanting to enjoy their lives as much as possible. Social culture was at its height, Hollywood was turning out films at a break-neck pace that wouldn't end until the mid-1950s, and the nightlife centered around the dance hall. After working all week, where did people go on the weekends to have fun? Answer: they went out dancing! Sheiks and dames all over the world (from Charleston to Shanghai) got together on the weekends and danced their socks off to the Foxtrot, the Charleston, and the two-step. Paying anywhere from 10 cents to over a dollar to get into dance halls (6d->1s for Britons), the place to socialize and cultivate romance was at the dance hall in a haze of cigarette smoke and hot or sweet jazz. This is part of the historical background in which the roleplay begins.

This roleplay is the romance between George Hawkins (my character) and your female character. George is the 24 year old leader of George Hawkins and His Orchestra, an 11-piece dance band. After his college graduation in which he received degrees in music, he took to the dance halls. In less than a year, he assembled a dynamic, 11-man dance band that has quickly become very successful. The group has contracts with Columbia records and even HMV (Victor Records). However, most of the men in the band are married and even have children, except George.

George Hawkins - Bandleader, George Hawkins and His Orchestra

il_570xN.238680777.jpg

Name: George W. Hawkins
Birth: August 20, 1907 (24 years old)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Physique: Like most men during this time period, George is a very normal. Most men during the early 20th century were underweight in our modern standards. He is fit, though. His college background permitted him to exercise a few times per week. He does smoke like most men during this time. However, if you do not like smoking, it will not come up in the roleplay.

Personality: George is a very friendly man. His experience in music and his leadership skills with the band have taught him to be patient, understanding, kind, and very hard-working. He loves women, but sadly cannot seem to find the time to look for one. With his new popularity, however, things may begin to change. Because of the band's rigorous touring schedule, George is normally up by 6am and normally turns in around midnight after arranging new scores for the band and plans for rehearsal.

Overall plot-track for this roleplay:

The skeleton of the plot for this roleplay revolves around how your character meets mine (George) after a dinner dance at an upscale hotel ballroom. By the time our characters meet, George and the band have been employed at the modern equivalent of a 5-Star hotel (the location and name will depend on the region). As such, George has a room and office within the hotel. The band members and their families, however, live in nearby apartments. Your character should, like George, be looking for romance, enjoyment, and the prospect of marriage and a family. There are many different avenues that could take place for the female role. She should, however, be a high society girl between the ages of 18 and 30. I would like to encourage anyone considering my roleplay to please take the time to consider possible background information for the female character in this story. I have taken the time to meld my character, and I don't want to dictate too much about the female character. Please, take the reins and craft her via the historical context of the roleplay and the information on my character.

Regarding my schedule:

I am normally available during the afternoons and evenings with weekends being the exception. I'm never sure what my weekends are like more than a few days in advance. With that being said, I will do my positive best to get back to you in a timely manner with quality material. Because my schedule is pretty concrete during the week, I do have the ability to roleplay via YIM and AIM for quick convenience. Otherwise, I can roleplay via PMs, but email would be better for me.

Other:

Absolutely no bondage, anything gross (scat, urine, incest, etc.) Also, please see my F-List for more information about my likes/dislikes to make sure our interests are similar.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! With that being said, please be able to form coherent sentences and utilize proper grammar. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom